Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: A Fan Bids The Rolling Stones A Sad Farewell.
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2012 00:47

StonesHistorian
Looking at my records here 70% of iorrians do return some using a new username.Stonescrow I think I would put you in that 70%

You sir, made me laugh out loud. Tip 'o' the hat to you!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 14, 2012 00:48

Munichhilton
Stonescrow - 2340 posts in less than a year?

Wow. I gotta step my game up.

Yeah, he was preparing his big exit...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 14, 2012 00:50

StonesHistorian
Looking at my records here 70% of iorrians do return some using a new username....

They've got a name for that and that name is called "recidivism." Repeat offender!

winking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 14, 2012 00:53

Oh hell, we might as well play the song too...

Date: April 14, 2012 00:54

StonesHistorian
Looking at my records here 70% of iorrians do return some using a new username.Stonescrow I think I would put you in that 70%

That´s REAL funny stuff, considering how long you ´ve been a member here..
So you´ve spent years and years , except possibly the 3 days you´ve been registered here, creating records of people returning under different user names here???? That´s really interesting...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-14 01:00 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 14, 2012 00:55

What the hell is wrong with Stonescrow -- letting down The Rolling Stones this way.

Sounds like he was kidnapped and has finally been returned "home."

Date: April 14, 2012 01:08

stonescrow
I am sorry but I just can't do this anymore. I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones. I have decided that I am much more interested in following the solo careers of Paul, Ringo, and James, then waiting around for the Stones to throw a few bones our way.

I have invested a lot of time and energy posting here with the hopes of motivating the Stones to give themselves and their fans what they both so richly deserve, a rousing finish to their careers. Just one problem. They do not appear to be interested. Maybe that reflects the majority of their fan base, I don't know. But, what I do know is, that it is time for me to "get back" get back to where I once belonged.

BV: Please de-activate my account.

Well, your sense of time seems to be really off..you´ve been a registered member here since last year, so " a lot of time" in perspective seems really like a joke, since the Stones and many others on this board been going for a really long time..goodbye infidel.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 14, 2012 01:16

ROCKMAN

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 14, 2012 01:31

stonescrow
I have invested a lot of time and energy posting here with the hopes of motivating the Stones to give themselves and their fans what they both so richly deserve, a rousing finish to their careers. Just one problem. They do not appear to be interested.

stonescrow...you would have been better off jumpin on the "how to contact Mick Jagger"thread.Im sure if he read that your leaving,he would get motivated.maybe......anyways Cheers.

Posted by: StonesHistorian ()
Date: April 14, 2012 01:32

mickijaggeroo
StonesHistorian

That´s REAL funny stuff, considering how long you ´ve been a member here..
So you´ve spent years and years , except possibly the 3 days you´ve been registered here, creating records of people returning under different user names here???? That´s really interesting...

Theres another record here I just checked on only 5% of Rolling Stones fans don't have a sense of humor it would be safe to say your in that 5%

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 14, 2012 01:34

Be nice to StonesHistorian. We need scholars around here. Otherwise we'll be totally extradited to the sagacity of Gazza, Doxa, Rockman and others...

Date: April 14, 2012 01:44

May I respectfully inquired as the StonesHistorian"s credentials?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 14, 2012 02:17

stonesrule

I wish you would.

I already have, and no response was forthcoming.

With all due respect, it seems safe to say someone who writes
"your in that 5%" is probably not a scholar. It's been suggested this
is "colonial" and one of his pseudomnyms

Still, could be totally wrong---brimming with erudition, insights, and
abundant historical knowledge---I'd honestly love that!

-swiss

Posted by: StonesHistorian ()
Date: April 14, 2012 02:49

stonesrule

Im a self-taught Stones historian

Date: April 14, 2012 02:57

If this is really what you want former Stones "Historian," to leave some really great people here and return to your "family"...

I'm just grateful it's not the Kardashian family -- or we'd have to hold an immediate intervention.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: April 14, 2012 03:06

Now I have to cross that date off my calendar that he was going to reveal his identity.......July something, 2012??sad smiley Now it's going to be a really boring day!!!

Date: April 14, 2012 03:20

riverrat
Now I have to cross that date off my calendar that he was going to reveal his identity.......July something, 2012??sad smiley Now it's going to be a really boring day!!!

No, that was Watchman, his alter ego, so he could still be back.

I think it was July 12 he said. Just the thought of it is getting me tingly.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 14, 2012 04:25

Send It To me
Who the f--k is James?

James McCartney is an active musician. His father is Paul McCartney, also an active musician. smoking smiley

Date: April 14, 2012 04:27

MileHigh
If the Stones don't tour again, then 2007 was the final curtain call. That would be a class way to end it. No pretentious fanfare, no hype, no bullsheit. No saturation bombing in a 21st century media circus.

It would be okay. In a way it is quite cool.

Look at poor Axl Rose touring with Pseudo Guns and Plastic Roses. Now that's a bad way to go out...

Nothing wrong with going out with a bang.

Date: April 14, 2012 04:30

treaclefingers
stonescrow
I am sorry but I just can't do this anymore. I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones. I have decided that I am much more interested in following the solo careers of Paul, Ringo, and James, then waiting around for the Stones to throw a few bones our way.

I have invested a lot of time and energy posting here with the hopes of motivating the Stones to give themselves and their fans what they both so richly deserve, a rousing finish to their careers. Just one problem. They do not appear to be interested. Maybe that reflects the majority of their fan base, I don't know. But, what I do know is, that it is time for me to "get back" get back to where I once belonged.

Yes BV, for the love of all that is sacred and good, PLEASE deactivate his account.

BV is a gentleman and is probably just giving Stonescrow a chance to respond before clipping his wings. Stonescrow is grateful, but doesn't want this farewell to turn into another Watchman type farewell.

Date: April 14, 2012 04:31

swiss
You could simply have entitled this thread

I'm leaving for a loooong time.....[redux]

and been done with it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I suppose.

Date: April 14, 2012 04:35

jpasc95
as far as I'm concerned, I feel that something new could come next year : a last new album and a more or less world tour.
Of course I may be wrong.
If I am, I won't blame the Stones for not doing that at all. We will probably have great boots instead which is a real pleasure.
I will never burn what I've always liked.

The Stones will always have a special place in my heart, but it appears it is over at least in terms of being an "active" band. By "active" I mean recording and releasing new material and doing actual live performances.

Date: April 14, 2012 04:37

stonescrow
treaclefingers
stonescrow

Yes BV, for the love of all that is sacred and good, PLEASE deactivate his account.

BV is a gentleman and is probably just giving Stonescrow a chance to respond before clipping his wings. Stonescrow is grateful, but doesn't want this farewell to turn into another Watchman type farewell.

Yes, you've done that once before, why repeat yourself?

Date: April 14, 2012 04:51

vermontoffender
That is the funniest topic I've read here in a long, long, long, time.

1) "The Beatles Family"? Dear Lord, I may have just wet myself.

2) "I have invested a lot of time and energy...". So, you're disappointed because the Stones aren't listening to the myriad of posts you've made over the years? I was unaware that was an expected benefit of posting at IORR; one of the Stones might take your advice and bring up your super-duper special idea in a band meeting.

3) "They do not appear to be interested...." Why not just say that YOU aren't interested in sticking around for what, if anything, happens next? Why try to make it seem like you know what they're thinking? Just because your expectations aren't being met doesn't mean nothing is going to happen.

The Stones have released a bunch of unbelievably cool stuff over the past couple of years. What the hell there is to whine about? Oh, that's right, they're not doing exactly what you want.

I wish you great happiness in your endeavor to enjoy the "Beatles family".

Like I explained, "Beatles Family" simply means following the solo careers of Paul, Ringo, and James. I suppose I could have said follow the future "Sons Of Beatles" but that would have done much more than cause people to wet their panties.

The Stones listen in here, make no mistake about that. I am just disappointed that they do not share my enthusiasm for going out in a blaze of glory. Charlie's statement that the Stones are nothing but an annoying pastime to him pretty much sums it up. I so wish it wasn't true.

I do acknowledge that they have done many "lovely things" in the last few years, but it's kind of like foreplay without the actual deed.

Anyway, I will be now be directing all my energy to the formation of the Sons Of The Beatles. I know that will take a miracle, but that is my goal.

Date: April 14, 2012 04:55

Laughingsam
Is this guy for real? This is an adult person whining like this? The Stones don't owe him or any other fairweather fan more than they've given over the years.

Thank you for your thoughts, stonescrow.
Go F#%# yourself.
Good riddance.

Not whining at all. I have given it my best and just come up a little short. The Stones owe us nothing, I have always said that, but neither do we owe them anything. Nobody owes anybody anything in this life.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 14, 2012 04:57

The "Beatles Family" - UNCENSORED

Date: April 14, 2012 04:59

ab
Weren't stonescrow and thewatchman were the same person?

No more than Phil Hendrie is Ted Bell from Ted's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills. Best damn steaks in the country!

Date: April 14, 2012 05:02

treaclefingers
ab
Weren't stonescrow and thewatchman were the same person?

They were male/shemale halves of the same (w)hole.

It all gets a bit confusing at bed time.smoking smiley

Date: April 14, 2012 05:09

colonial
stonescrow

stonescrow..gee mate after reading all that "it feels like a death at a birthday party."..gee mate what about The SOB's and The SOS's whose going to go into bat for them now.sad smiley

Colonial, sorry mate, I have done all I can do. I am exhausted. It's now in a higher powers hand. Pray for a miracle.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 14, 2012 05:13

ab
Weren't stonescrow and thewatchman the same person?

Yes, and now we have a second epic farewell thread from this lunatic.

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-14 05:17 by tatters.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1630
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home