Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
A Fan Bids The Rolling Stones A Sad Farewell.
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:19

I am sorry but I just can't do this anymore. I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones. I have decided that I am much more interested in following the solo careers of Paul, Ringo, and James, then waiting around for the Stones to throw a few bones our way.

I have invested a lot of time and energy posting here with the hopes of motivating the Stones to give themselves and their fans what they both so richly deserve, a rousing finish to their careers. Just one problem. They do not appear to be interested. Maybe that reflects the majority of their fan base, I don't know. But, what I do know is, that it is time for me to "get back" get back to where I once belonged.

BV: Please de-activate my account.

Re: A Fan Bids The Rolling Stones A Sad Farewell.
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:21

Who the f--k is James?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-13 05:21 by Send It To me.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:29

If the Stones don't tour again, then 2007 was the final curtain call. That would be a class way to end it. No pretentious fanfare, no hype, no bullsheit. No saturation bombing in a 21st century media circus.

It would be okay. In a way it is quite cool.

Look at poor Axl Rose touring with Pseudo Guns and Plastic Roses. Now that's a bad way to go out...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2012 05:31

stonescrow
I am sorry but I just can't do this anymore. I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones. I have decided that I am much more interested in following the solo careers of Paul, Ringo, and James, then waiting around for the Stones to throw a few bones our way.

I have invested a lot of time and energy posting here with the hopes of motivating the Stones to give themselves and their fans what they both so richly deserve, a rousing finish to their careers. Just one problem. They do not appear to be interested. Maybe that reflects the majority of their fan base, I don't know. But, what I do know is, that it is time for me to "get back" get back to where I once belonged.

Yes BV, for the love of all that is sacred and good, PLEASE deactivate his account.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:12

You could simply have entitled this thread

I'm leaving for a loooong time.....[redux]

and been done with it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 06:58

as far as I'm concerned, I feel that something new could come next year : a last new album and a more or less world tour.
Of course I may be wrong.
If I am, I won't blame the Stones for not doing that at all. We will probably have great boots instead which is a real pleasure.
I will never burn what I've always liked.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: April 13, 2012 07:00

That is the funniest topic I've read here in a long, long, long, time.

1) "The Beatles Family"? Dear Lord, I may have just wet myself.

2) "I have invested a lot of time and energy...". So, you're disappointed because the Stones aren't listening to the myriad of posts you've made over the years? I was unaware that was an expected benefit of posting at IORR; one of the Stones might take your advice and bring up your super-duper special idea in a band meeting.

3) "They do not appear to be interested...." Why not just say that YOU aren't interested in sticking around for what, if anything, happens next? Why try to make it seem like you know what they're thinking? Just because your expectations aren't being met doesn't mean nothing is going to happen.

The Stones have released a bunch of unbelievably cool stuff over the past couple of years. What the hell there is to whine about? Oh, that's right, they're not doing exactly what you want.

I wish you great happiness in your endeavor to enjoy the "Beatles family".

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: April 13, 2012 07:17

Is this guy for real? This is an adult person whining like this? The Stones don't owe him or any other fairweather fan more than they've given over the years.

Thank you for your thoughts, stonescrow.
Go F#%# yourself.
Good riddance.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 13, 2012 07:18

Weren't stonescrow and thewatchman were the same person?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2012 07:24

ab
Weren't stonescrow and thewatchman were the same person?

They were male/shemale halves of the same (w)hole.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 13, 2012 08:13

stonescrow

stonescrow..gee mate after reading all that "it feels like a death at a birthday party."..gee mate what about The SOB's and The SOS's whose going to go into bat for them now.sad smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: JackFlash68 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 08:48

Well, it does seem that the sons of the Beatles is now at least a remote possibility. But surely you could follow them and the Stones. You don't have to make the choice.

But you are right about the Stones. I think the game is over and all the 2013 talk is just wishful thinking. Any noises from the Stones are just about denying that it's over.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 13, 2012 09:21

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 13, 2012 09:23

Lol...those must be members of the "Beatles Family"!

Posted by: mega ()
Date: April 13, 2012 09:34

Didn't the Beatles break up a while ago?

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 13, 2012 09:41

Didnt Keith say"no-one gets outta here alive" ?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 13, 2012 10:43

stonescrow

Another psycho gone, bye bye, you wont be missed.

Date: April 13, 2012 10:44

stonescrow

You just got three excellent releases from your favorite band during the last few months - there are three more to come.

That's not enough for you???

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 13, 2012 10:49

I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones.

Why leave?

Just change your name to beatlescrow.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 13, 2012 11:01

GravityBoy

I have finally come to the realization that my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones.

Why leave?

Just change your name to beatlescrow.

>grinning smiley< Another one bites the dust. Some people just aint got no stamina. Hell there is more happening Stones wise at the moment than in the last few years, and he quits! Oh well enjoy following the Beatles family I'm sure they will listen to you yawning smiley

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 11:07

Yeah, nothing going on in the Beatles camp. They even gave up on producing DLC for Beatles Rock Band. Which is a shame because I love that game. But nothing has happened Beatles-wise since '09. I would love some more rarities or something to be released, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's all about the Stones Archive Series, and whatever surprises they have planned. It's an exciting time to be a Stones fan. The most exciting time I can remember in my time as a fan. Which I grant you hasn't been long. But in the early days of my fandom we got R&R Circus, a Studio Album, and a tour, all within about a year, which was the most exciting time I can remember. Until recently with the Archives, Texas '78, etc.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 13, 2012 12:14

"my heart is with the "Beatles Family" and no longer with the Stones"

You know the saying : "Once a loser, always remain a loser" sad smiley

Date: April 13, 2012 12:24

The only thing funnier than the OP are the answers. And who the f*ck is James?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 13, 2012 12:26

You don't have to go, Stonescrow. Take a break and come back when it feels better. Sorry to let you go. You were always positive about The Stones. Positivity is needed on this forum to balance out the negativity!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 13, 2012 12:29

Stoneage
You don't have to go, Stonescrow. Take a break and come back when it feels better. Sorry to let you go. You were always positive about The Stones. Positivity is needed on this forum to balance out the negativity!

The problem here is not negativity, the big problem here is that many donĀ“t understand the difference between negativity and being realistic.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 13, 2012 16:11

Hey, we're just now getting a peek into the vaults!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 13, 2012 16:18

Stonescrow - 2340 posts in less than a year?

Wow. I gotta step my game up.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 13, 2012 16:18

klrkcr
Didnt Keith say"no-one gets outta here alive" ?
I think it was, nobody leaves except in a coffin....
Ah well, farewell, stonescrow - I hope the fab-four keep you happy.smoking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 13, 2012 16:23

Sorry you feel that you've got to leave - seems like over-reaction to me, but anyway, I hope you enjoy whatever the Beatles family has to give.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 13, 2012 16:35

You know what I haven't had in a long time? Big League Chew.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home