Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 19
Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen 2012 Tour
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 26, 2012 14:46

hbwriter
is he doing any politcal raps on this tour or steering clear? (I hope for the latter)

Pretty much steering clear - as usual. The notion that he delivers long political sermons at his shows is something of a myth anyway.

Besides, I think the new songs get the 'message' across loud and clear on their own.

Have a great time!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 15:51

Max'sKansasCity
Did you where Carlton recently said he patterned/invented the "Carlton dance"
after watching Springsteen dance with Courtney Cox in that video? [www.nhbgear.com]

I love the "Carlton" dance - too funny!

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 26, 2012 16:13

Gazza
hbwriter
is he doing any politcal raps on this tour or steering clear? (I hope for the latter)

Pretty much steering clear - as usual. The notion that he delivers long political sermons at his shows is something of a myth anyway.

Besides, I think the new songs get the 'message' across loud and clear on their own.

Have a great time!

Bruce apparently noticed the last quarter of the house remained empty in many cities on his recent tours so he quietly announced he wouldn't be doing any political appearances or support work this year.

My wife saw his recent Detroit show and said it was just spectacular (the tapes I've heard confirm same). He did a little bit of his usual social justice schtik but not too overbearing she said. He couldn't help himself though. He just HAD to play "American Skin (41 Shots)" to bring down the ecstatic mood of the crowd right after having played "Incident on 57th Street." No biggie that. People have urinate and buy more beer afterall.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 26, 2012 18:50

hbwriter
Not really political raps. More of his preacher kind of mode. He even pokes fun at himself when talking about how people in need are having benefits cut. While washington passes laws protecting people on Wall Street and rich guitar players.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: April 26, 2012 18:51

cool - i can buy that smiling smiley

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: April 26, 2012 20:55

Not really tour-related, but this exclusive Brucie vinyl 7" single was released with copies of German "Rolling Stone" magazine today - a one-sided 45 of "Rocky Ground", with his "autograph" engraved into the B-side vinyl. How cool is that? VERY COOL, I tell ya!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-26 21:01 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 28, 2012 19:14

Hey SCL - No reports from LA? Not sure if you ventured south. I have other concerns such as Marlins figuring out how to lose. All jokes aside, I hope the second leg of the US Tour is not set in stone. How can S. Florida be overlooked?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 28, 2012 19:38

LA Night #1:
Badlands
We Take Care of Our Own
Wrecking Ball
The Ties That Bind
Death to My Hometown (with Tom Morello)
My City of Ruins
The E Street Shuffle
Jack of All Trades (with Tom Morello)
Something in the Night
Candy's Room
She's the One
Easy Money
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
The Promised Land
Apollo Medley
The Ghost of Tom Joad (with Tom Morello)
The Rising
Lonesome Day
We Are Alive
Land of Hope and Dreams
Rocky Ground (with Michelle Moore)
California Sun
Born to Run
Dancing in the Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out (with Tom Morello)

LA Night #2:
Preshow 7:30 PM:
For You (Solo Acoustic) [Bruce came out around 7:30 and just played this song acoustically for whoever was in the building at the moment. I mean, just awesome.]

Regular setlist beginning around 8:40 PM:
1. NO SURRENDER
2. We Take Care Of Our Own
3. Wrecking Ball
4. Badlands
5. Death To My Hometown (w/ Tom Morello)
6. My City Of Ruins
7. Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
8. Jack Of All Trades (w/ Tom Morello)
9. Youngstown
10. Prove It All Night
11. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
12. Easy Money
13. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
14. Apollo Medley
15. Racing In The Street
16. The Rising
17. Lonesome Day
18. We Are Alive
19. The Ghost Of Tom Joad (w/ Tom Morello)
20. Land Of Hope And Dreams

21. Rocky Ground
22. BOBBY JEAN
23. Born To Run
24. Dancing In The Dark
25. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out (w/ Tom Morello)

Personally I think San Jose was the best show this week but the LA shows were also great as well.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: April 28, 2012 21:07

Hello,

It is gestures like this that sets The Man apart.

RollingFreak
LA Night #2:
Preshow 7:30 PM:
For You (Solo Acoustic) [Bruce came out around 7:30 and just played this song acoustically for whoever was in the building at the moment. I mean, just awesome.]

Good on you, Bruce.

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 28, 2012 21:28

Here's the clip of Bruce solo

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 28, 2012 21:53

That clip of Bruce doing For You was awesome.
What I really liked about the show that I saw in Buffalo two weeks ago was how Bruce was able to mix different musical genres into his show-from Celtic,gospel, soul, rock and even some rap music and make it all work for a very interesting musical experience. There is no doubt after listening to his newest Wrecking Ball that he is continuing to take risks and not just standing still.

Date: April 29, 2012 03:34

Chris Fountain
Hey SCL - No reports from LA? Not sure if you ventured south. I have other concerns such as Marlins figuring out how to lose. All jokes aside, I hope the second leg of the US Tour is not set in stone. How can S. Florida be overlooked?
Just got back from LA.My 3rd show in 4 nights.4th in a row. Hopefully not my last on this tour. A lot of Darkness love this weekend. Last night got the night 2 treatment and a better setlist,longer show. The last show of this leg is next week in Jersey. So hopefully after that and before they start the European leg. They'll announce fall U.S.arena dates.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 29, 2012 03:37

I heard he opened for himself last night.

Date: April 29, 2012 03:42

Edith Grove
Yeah I just watched the video franzk posted above. Very nice.Me and Bluzdude unfortunately missed.But notice how many empty seats their were. I think he was also screwing with all the people who ignore the 7:30 posted start time on the ticket. Wonder how many people will show early now.....Also meant to mention it was fun to meet up HBWriter and Bluzdude and his wife thursday night. Got a pic of me Bluz and HB on my phone. If I figure out to post pics I'll post here.....Talk an unholy trinity. Have fun tomorrow at Bruce, EG.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: April 29, 2012 03:55

sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
Yeah I just watched the video franzk posted above. Very nice.Me and Bluzdude unfortunately missed.But notice how many empty seats their were. I think he was also screwing with all the people who ignore the 7:30 posted start time on the ticket. Wonder how many people will show early now.....Also meant to mention it was fun to meet up HBWriter and Bluzdude and his wife thursday night. Got a pic of me Bluz and HB on my phone. If I figure out to post pics I'll post here.....Talk an unholy trinity. Have fun tomorrow at Bruce, EG.smileys with beer
To be fair, he shouldn't really be screwing with people that don't listen to that start time. Personally, I don't show up to that time because I know its not true. But I used to, and just got tired of waiting in the seats.

Date: April 29, 2012 05:38

RollingFreak
sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
To be fair, he shouldn't really be screwing with people that don't listen to that start time. Personally, I don't show up to that time because I know its not true. But I used to, and just got tired of waiting in the seats.
Tell me about it. That was my 18th show. 4th in a row on this tour. Not including last night's sneak attack opening. The start times were 8:30,8:15,8:15,8:35.

Date: April 29, 2012 05:44

sweetcharmedlife
RollingFreak
sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove
Tell me about it. That was my 18th show. 4th in a row on this tour. Not including last night's sneak attack opening. The start times were 8:30,8:15,8:15,8:35.
He hasn't started before 8:15 in years. I'd love to get there at 7:30 which is what he lists, but its just simply not worth it to wait for an hour. However, this one seemed more like a treat for the GA people who have to be there for awhile beforehand as opposed to sticking it to the people that don't come on time. He knows people don't come then because he's not out then.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: April 29, 2012 06:12

R
Gazza
hbwriter

Have a great time!

Bruce apparently noticed the last quarter of the house remained empty in many cities on his recent tours so he quietly announced he wouldn't be doing any political appearances or support work this year.

My wife saw his recent Detroit show and said it was just spectacular (the tapes I've heard confirm same). He did a little bit of his usual social justice schtik but not too overbearing she said. He couldn't help himself though. He just HAD to play "American Skin (41 Shots)" to bring down the ecstatic mood of the crowd right after having played "Incident on 57th Street." No biggie that. People have urinate and buy more beer afterall.
true, american skin = definition of pissbreak, that and sunny day lol

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 29, 2012 16:56

Hey SCL - lot of good LA 4-27 posts on You Tube. Quality not up there with videos posted by Magic Rat but sill worth a look especially Bobby Jean-

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:39

sweetcharmedlife
Edith Grove

A pleasure meeting you guys, too - glad that worked out -

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 30, 2012 08:05

Meet-up at Springsteen 1 in L.A.

Sweetcharmedlife, BluzDude & hbwriter

"When they see us coming, they get out of our way"

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 30, 2012 20:40

BluzDude

Cool picture guys! It's great to see the faces behind the names. Rock on - I loved the one Springsteen concert I saw in Boston several years ago! cool smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 1, 2012 01:50

BluzDude

Very Nice..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: gostonesforever ()
Date: May 1, 2012 16:39

Young girl on stage with Springsteen. She'll remember that for a long time...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 1, 2012 19:24

On the following night, the girl was much younger and sang much better!

Date: May 1, 2012 19:55

BluzDude
On the following night, the girl was much younger and sang much better!
I really think the parents get more of a kick out of it than the kids. Well plus bruce,who obviously loves kids.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 1, 2012 20:54

gostonesforever

I would say "cheap trick" bringing kids on stage.

Never would like to see Mick bringing a little kid on stage.....

Date: May 1, 2012 21:00

mtaylor
gostonesforever

Mick doesn't even want to bring Keith on stage.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2012 01:29

mtaylor
gostonesforever

Seen him do it with with his own kids and grandchildren.

Dear God, how bad can it be to make someone's day like that. And does everything have to revolve back to 'not cool because the Stones wouldnt do it' ?

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: May 3, 2012 08:21

Gazza
mtaylor
gostonesforever

Seen him do it with with his own kids and grandchildren.

Dear God, how bad can it be to make someone's day like that. And does everything have to revolve back to 'not cool because the Stones wouldnt do it' ?

Springsteen has class, and thinks about his fans!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home