Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 19
Re: OT:Bruce Springsteen 2012 Tour
Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: June 2, 2012 01:40

jamesjagger
I had a free ticket in Berlin.....and guess what. I was almost bored to death. What a singelong endless mainstream convert! Even worse than pathetic Bono and his U2.

Sigh....I guess I'll have to dust off the trophy again...
Congratulations!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 2, 2012 09:49

OhNoNotMeAgain
Anybody here coming to see Bruce in my hometown of Vienna on July 12?

I will be there

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: June 2, 2012 13:29

Happy24
OhNoNotMeAgain

I will be there

Cool! Let's see if he can top his 2009 performance there (which won't be an easy task).

Date: June 2, 2012 15:35

The show in 2009 was great indeed (my first show). As I was in Berlin three days ago, I have to say that both shows were equally good.

I am sure there will be more people in Vienna this time, since as far as I remember there were some empty setas in 2009 (not too many, but it obvious), while there are just a couple of tickets left now.

I wonder about the level of energy this time, since he plays Prague the night before and I think I will be tired like hell, seeing 2 shows in 2 days and have to travel from Prague to Vienna. And I wouldn't have to stand on stage for 3 hours working hard to "rock everybody's pants off" :-)

Anyway, I am sure we will have a great time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-02 15:37 by Happy24.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 2, 2012 16:57

Happy24
The show in 2009 was great indeed (my first show). As I was in Berlin three days ago, I have to say that both shows were equally good.

I am sure there will be more people in Vienna this time, since as far as I remember there were some empty setas in 2009 (not too many, but it obvious), while there are just a couple of tickets left now.

I wonder about the level of energy this time, since he plays Prague the night before and I think I will be tired like hell, seeing 2 shows in 2 days and have to travel from Prague to Vienna. And I wouldn't have to stand on stage for 3 hours working hard to "rock everybody's pants off" :-)

Don't worry about Bruce. You will be more tired than him. He's in great shape and will deliver great perofmances both nights. I loved your pictures from the Berlin show. Great shots. I can't wait for Bruce to come back to the states. I saw 4 shows on the first leg and it wasn't enough.Enjoy!

Date: June 2, 2012 17:10

Happy24

What a show to get started with! cool smiley For me, that was my 14th Springsteen concert (since 1992), and it's in my personal Top 5.

It was much better attended than Bruce's show at the same venue during the "Rising" tour six years prior BTW. I'm quite convinced that many "occasional" concert-goers from 2009 will return to see him again this July. Hell, even people who weren't there told me how their friends or relatives (all "regular" guys, not crazy hardcore fans) had been raving about that gig the next day!

I hope that Bruce will keep up the tradition of giving his Austrian audiences something "special" - there was always something noteworthy happening in Vienna since he first played here back in 1997.

Date: June 2, 2012 18:12

OhNoNotMeAgain
What a show to get started with! cool smiley

Indeed. And you can probably imagine my excitement when I got pretty much at the same spot I got in Berlin (I guess you have seen from my shots at the previous page). I was so happy that I got a ticket for this show after I had wanted to see him for about three years. I wanted to get a decent spot, so I went kind of early - at 2.30 p.m. (there were no FOS tickets in 2009), but I absolutely wouldn't have guessed that I would end up so close. So that felt almost unreal and then the show was just SOOOO GOOD...

And as I wrote already, he is just as good this year. But it is never gonna be the first time any more :-)

One important thing is better this year actually - I remember the sound being really bad at the beginning in Vienna in 2009, improving during the first songs. In Berlin it was absolutely perfect from the first note. I mean, it was maybe the best sound I have ever heard at any stadium show.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 2, 2012 18:33

Hoping for a concert at Marlins Park. No scheduled event for S. Florida to date.

Marlins Park is an awesome stadium, and I'm not sure of the accoustics if the roof is closed. I was at the SF Giants -Marlins tilt last Sunday and was imagining a Boss concert in venue..but could not really get a feel how the acoustics would pan out. A date at any venue here would suffice. E Street Band played Tampa early on. So- i do not have a clue if we will be included on the last leg of this great tour.

Date: June 2, 2012 20:10

Chris Fountain
Hoping for a concert at Marlins Park. No scheduled event for S. Florida to date.

Marlins Park is an awesome stadium, and I'm not sure of the accoustics if the roof is closed. I was at the SF Giants -Marlins tilt last Sunday and was imagining a Boss concert in venue..but could not really get a feel how the acoustics would pan out. A date at any venue here would suffice. E Street Band played Tampa early on. So- i do not have a clue if we will be included on the last leg of this great tour.
Hoping for some new arena dates to be announced soon Chris.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: June 2, 2012 22:16

OhNoNotMeAgain
Happy24
OhNoNotMeAgain

I will be there

Cool! Let's see if he can top his 2009 performance there (which won't be an easy task).

me too, have seen him in 1999 at the Stadthalle

Date: June 2, 2012 22:20

We probably won't meet in the crowd this time, bluesinc. Hopefuly in March again... :-)

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: June 2, 2012 23:00

this is really OT

Date: June 3, 2012 12:03

bluesinc.
OhNoNotMeAgain
Happy24
OhNoNotMeAgain

I will be there

me too, have seen him in 1999 at the Stadthalle

That was a terrific show too. I saw him three times in 1999, and Vienna was the best by far. Great crowd!

Date: June 3, 2012 12:07

Happy24
One important thing is better this year actually - I remember the sound being really bad at the beginning in Vienna in 2009, improving during the first songs.

Oh yeah. I didn't even recognize the intro to "Cover Me" when they started that song, the sound was that awful. But the acoustics at Ernst Happel Stadion are pretty bad in general.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 3, 2012 21:35

Tonights show at the Rock In Rio festival in Lisbon is being broadcast on Youtube.

Bruce & The E-Street Band are scheduled to be onstage at 19.40 BRT, which is I believe 15.40 PT (US), 18.40 ET (US), 23.40 (UK and Portugal) and 00.40 (Western Europe)

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: June 8, 2012 12:47

Yesterday in Milan S.SIRO,
great Boss!
Sici

1. We Take Care Of Our Own
2. Wrecking Ball
3. Badlands
4. Death to My Hometown
5. My City of Ruins
6. Spirit in the Night
7. The E Street Shuffle
8. Jack of All Trades
9. Candy's Room
10. Darkness on the Edge of Town
11. Johnny 99
12. Out in the Street
13. No Surrender
14. Working on the Highway
15. Shackled and Drawn
16. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
17. The Promised Land
18. The Promise
19. The River
20. The Rising
21. Radio Nowhere
22. We Are Alive
23. Land of Hope and Dreams
24. Rocky Ground
25. Born in the U.S.A.
26. Born to Run
27. Cadillac Ranch
28. Hungry Heart
29. Bobby Jean
30. Dancing in the Dark
31. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
32. Glory Days
33. Twist and Shout

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-08 12:50 by Sici.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 8, 2012 13:08

I was there, incredible show. not perfect; as usual the band cannot express its talent. little steven and lofgren never play solos, Bruce does everything and he is not a great guitar player..
his voice is not as strong as it was, but at the end of all, 3 hours and 45 minutes of show, 33 songs, a total r'n'r' party and an incredible respect for the fans. really great. and this time the sound was more various, less predictable.
anyway, Bruce is a great man, he seems very honest and audience loves him for that.
I agree that it is not about the hours you play, you can play 6 hours shit music and it is always shit music, but last year i saw mellencamp and he played 75 minutes, rhcp play 90 minutes and many others do the same.
so, long live to the boss
p.s. the stones 5 years ago played 1h and 50 minutes, and bruce has the same age as mick in 2006-2007. i prefer the stones, but bruce fans are really lucky, in term of concert lenght and setlist

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: June 8, 2012 21:31

BluzDude
jamesjagger
I had a free ticket in Berlin.....and guess what. I was almost bored to death. What a singelong endless mainstream convert! Even worse than pathetic Bono and his U2.

You had a free ticket to see someone you don't like, and you went? How stupid is that?

I bet you just went so you could come on here & wine about it to the rest of us - which is even sadder.Personnaly,I don't care wether you like him or not - one things for sure though,the man sure knows how to give his fans value for money - take Milan the other night - 33 songs & 3hrs 40 minutes - that is awesome - hope I get similar at Manchester.

Date: June 17, 2012 15:10

I just saw a commercial on Palladia advertising simulcast TV coverage of the Isle of Wright Festival next Sunday. This concert includes the E Street Band.I do not know the exact time of coverage or cocert schedule.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 17, 2012 16:31

33 songs???? That is Awesome!! I'm going to see him 8/18 at Gilette Stadium.

Date: June 17, 2012 16:40

slew
33 songs???? That is Awesome!! I'm going to see him 8/18 at Gilette Stadium.

Will the Patriots be the warm-up act?

Date: June 18, 2012 06:13

Only 32 songs tonight but a 3HR 48 Min show.
Start - 21:37

1. Badlands
2. No Surrender
3. We Take Care Of Our Own
4. Wrecking Ball
5. Death To My Hometown
6. My City Of Ruins
7. Spirit In The Night
8. Be True
9. Jack Of All Trades
10. Youngstown
11. Murder Incorporated
12. She's The One
13. Talk To Me (w/ Southside Johnny)
14. Spanish Eyes
15. Working On The Highway
16. Shackled And Drawn
17. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
18. Apollo Medley
19. The River
20. Because The Night
21. My Love Will Not Let You Down
22. The Rising
23. We Are Alive
24. Thunder Road

25. Rocky Ground
26. Born In The U.S.A.
27. Born To Run
28. Hungry Heart
29. Seven Nights To Rock
30. Dancing In The Dark
31. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
32. Twist And Shout (w/ Southside Johnny)

End - 01:25

Total - 3:48

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: June 18, 2012 13:24

sweetcharmedlife

This is the longest show EVER done by the Boss !
(longer thant the 80's ones)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 18, 2012 13:29

Just curious....isn't almost 4 hour not a bit too long to listen the same band?

Date: June 18, 2012 13:41

Massimo68
sweetcharmedlife

I think he used to play around 5 hours during the BITUSA tour, others will tell you exactly

Date: June 18, 2012 14:16

Happy24
Massimo68
sweetcharmedlife

I think he used to play around 5 hours during the BITUSA tour, others will tell you exactly

Myth.

the longest shows were on the Nov/Dec 1980 part of The River Tour.

The longest one being a 38 show performance at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY on New Years Eve 1980 which clocked it at (as far as I can make out) just over 3 hours 50 mins.

It should be mentioned though that Bruce's shows up until 1993 had intermissions. And he was 31 then, whereas he's 62 now.

I've read that last night's show was the longest ever, but I'm not convinced. At the least, though, its his second longest ever...but definitely the longest without a break.

Date: June 18, 2012 14:31

It is amazing then. I have just checked the Paris 1985 bootleg, which I remembered as realy realy long, but it has 3 hours and 3 minutes.

Doing almost 4-hour shows (full of great music and energy - that's important) at the age of 63 is kind of against nature. Again - amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-18 14:32 by Happy24.

Date: June 18, 2012 14:39

NICOS
Just curious....isn't almost 4 hour not a bit too long to listen the same band?

If youre not a big fan or have a short attention span - maybe.

but for anyone who's a diehard, to see your favourite band at the top of their game - well, it cant get any better.

A bit punishing on the old bones, though!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 18, 2012 15:34

Only three dinosaurs left now (if you count out the Stones): Bruce, U2 and Madonna. A bit of a questionmark about Madonna though. Bruce will probably outlast them all. I guess...

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: June 18, 2012 22:29

Not a big Bruce fan, but I was yesterday at the Madrid concert. Awesome. Incredible energy through all the 4 hours, really great band, and, looking at other concerts set lists, a lot of changes in the set through each night. Also: the river was dedicated to a young guy who recently died at 20, who had a ticket for the show. Great for bruce

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2274
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home