Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 23
Re: Google Music to offer six unreleased Stones concerts
Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: December 9, 2011 17:37

retired_dog
My bet is Detroit '75 - see my above post.

Not a particularly strong show, judging by the "Missing Jewels" box set.
Toronto '75 would be far more interesting.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 9, 2011 22:20

nankerphlege
So when will they release? My guess is after Xmas.

My guess is Christmas Day...they'll call it a Christmas present from the Rolling Stones, and anyone checking out the site ON Christmas will get it for free...but only on Christmas!

Ok, well, that's just a guess of course.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: December 9, 2011 22:44

Greenblues
retired_dog
My bet is Detroit '75 - see my above post.

Not a particularly strong show, judging by the "Missing Jewels" box set.
Toronto '75 would be far more interesting.

Yeah I'm not crazy about the idea of getting the '75 Detroit show officially released. We know they taped L.A. 7/9/75, Toronto, and Buffalo. All would be better than Detroit. But then again, I dunno how much the quality of performance is factoring in. I think, and I'm not alone, that most of the official Brussels release (mainly 2nd show) is inferior in performance quality to the 1st show from that day.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: December 9, 2011 23:22

<<My bet is Detroit '75 - see my above post.>>

retired_dog, are you referring to the box in the top left corner on the rs archive site?
To my eyes the date says '7/26/75'. However that date matches none of the Detroit
shows. They played Bloomington that day

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 9, 2011 23:43

treaclefingers

But I really like the idea

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 10, 2011 01:56

How about something more recent like a NO Security show. They had great footage of one of the Chicago shows,so a dvd/cd would be do-able.

My top wish still has to be El Mocambo

sc uk

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 10, 2011 02:05

The footage of one of the Chicago shows was shot by Channel 4 in the UK for a 'TFI Friday' special. I doubt they'd have got permission to film more than a couple of songs, though.

The two final NS shows in San Jose WERE filmed with a view to an official release though, but the project was scrapped (presumably the band were unhappy with the results).

It's a tour thats not represented to date as an official release (CD or DVD), but I'd imagine they'd be giving more priorities to more 'iconic' eras before this one.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 10, 2011 02:44

treaclefingers
nankerphlege
So when will they release? My guess is after Xmas.

My guess is Christmas Day...they'll call it a Christmas present from the Rolling Stones, and anyone checking out the site ON Christmas will get it for free...but only on Christmas!

That would definitely be a nice Christmas gift. I wouldn't be surprised if Google Music gave out one of them for free. Three bands released live shows on Google Music that day, The Stones, Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews Band (both of those bands have opened for the Stones and both lead singers have performed with them, what a coincidence) and Brussels Affair was the only one that wasn't free. Brussels Affair is way too great a product and big news for us to just give away for free, so I don't fault them there, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see one (I wouldn't think more than that) for free. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't.

I can't wait for more though. I've listened to Brussels Affair so much it's ridiculous. Since it came out the CD I burned hasn't come out of my car stereo, it's been playing on a loop in there, and I keep it queued up in my iTunes most of the time as well. If I didn't have to wait until Christmas for the Some Girls reissue and my Live In Texas CD/DVD I would probably be switching it up a little more.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 10, 2011 03:35

straycatuk
How about something more recent like a NO Security show. They had great footage of one of the Chicago shows,so a dvd/cd would be do-able.

My top wish still has to be El Mocambo

sc uk

If they have an additional 5 releases on the way...one has to hope this one would be given due consideration. For me, it is the overwhelming highlight on LYL.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 10, 2011 04:39

Gazza
The footage of one of the Chicago shows was shot by Channel 4 in the UK for a 'TFI Friday' special. I doubt they'd have got permission to film more than a couple of songs, though.

The two final NS shows in San Jose WERE filmed with a view to an official release though, but the project was scrapped (presumably the band were unhappy with the results).

It's a tour thats not represented to date as an official release (CD or DVD), but I'd imagine they'd be giving more priorities to more 'iconic' eras before this one.
If they filmed the San Jose shows. They should be unhgappy with the results. I was at both shows.I was unhappy with the results. It was a tired band at the end of a tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-10 04:40 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 03:42

Leeds is an obvious one. If the Let it Rock (stereo) track is anything to go by... the whole broadcast might be available in the same quality and maybe even the missing two opening tracks JJF and Love in Vain. Mega!

Date: December 11, 2011 09:29

I would like them to go with some "unheard" live concerts if possible or at least stuff not already available in great quality :

1969 : Dallas , Champaign (late show) ; Detroit (somewhat of an exception) , Baltimore , West Palm Beach , Altamont , or the Lyceum Theatre in London

1970 : Malmo,Sweden ; Finland ; or Lyon

1971 : Newcastle , Manchester , or Brighton

1972 : Washington D.C. , Norfolk , Charlotte , Akron , or Saint Louis - maybe an early show (Vancouver , Seattle , and/or Winterland) for a source of bonus tracks - maybe more of a realistic chance,one of the Philadelphia or Boston shows

1977 : El Mocambo IS A MUST !!!!

I wouldn't mind some modern concerts either (1999 etc.) as long as they have unique songs and/or shows which are not already circulating in good quality.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 11, 2011 10:01

the problem with El Mocambo is that it is featured on LYL...which I doubt the Stones will release "again" !

my guess is:
Leeds

but hopefully:
MSG 72
a 1970 show
Aussie 1973
Altamont

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 11, 2011 14:30

Eleanor Rigby
the problem with El Mocambo is that it is featured on LYL...which I doubt the Stones will release "again" !

Only four songs are on LYL, and most of them are cut. Its hardly an accurate souvenir of a show which is long enough to fit on two discs.

Date: December 11, 2011 19:12

rumple21
Leeds is an obvious one. If the Let it Rock (stereo) track is anything to go by... the whole broadcast might be available in the same quality and maybe even the missing two opening tracks JJF and Love in Vain. Mega!

"Love In Vain"? That's available on the Leed's recording. "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Live With Me" are the ones missing.

I wouldn't want the Leed's show officially released anyhow. I'd like to get something else that we haven't heard from the '71 tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-11 19:14 by Tumblin_Dice_07.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 11, 2011 19:48

I would love a complete 1975 show in excellent stereo soundboard quality.

Date: December 11, 2011 20:03

midnrambler
I would love a complete 1975 show in excellent stereo soundboard quality.

I would too. If we've got 5 more coming, I hope one is from '75. I think the '75 tour was better than '76, but Love You Live is dominated by tracks from the '76 tour. I know everybody's posting their wish list, but for me personally, I'd rather not have anything that we've heard before...I would have been slightly disappointed with the Brussels release if it had just been the 1st show (although it's a better performance) because we've heard it before so many times.

Judging by the Brussels release, if they chose to do something similar with future releases (taking tracks from one or more shows at a particular venue), then Paris 1970 might be a good one. There's alot of '72 shows where there were muliple performances in the same venue (the Texas shows, New York, Philly, many more)and several multi-show stands from the '75 tour such as New York, Los Angelos, Toronto, San Francisco, etc...

Posted by: basti ()
Date: December 11, 2011 21:34

my wish is

1962 London (marquee Club the first Stones Show Ever)
1969 London Hyde Park (complete with great Sound Quality)
1975 New York (the Show with Eric Clapton)
1977 El Mocambo
1999 anyone from the Tour

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: December 12, 2011 01:10

Tumblin_Dice_07
rumple21

"Love In Vain"? That's available on the Leed's recording. "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Live With Me" are the ones missing.

I wouldn't want the Leed's show officially released anyhow. I'd like to get something else that we haven't heard from the '71 tour.

oops! wrong one

Date: December 12, 2011 08:21

As far as the San Jose 1999 disaster goes,why did they wait for the last two shows of the U.S. tour to start recording ?? By doing that,they ran the risk of ending up stuck with a document of a sub-par performance (or performances if they recorded both shows).

They should have made earlier recordings in 1999 of concerts such as Washington D.C. , Hartford , Chicago etc.. Richards was doing quite well on the No Security tour,especially in the middle of the tour.

Date: December 12, 2011 09:47

Gazza
Eleanor Rigby

Only four songs are on LYL, and most of them are cut. Its hardly an accurate souvenir of a show which is long enough to fit on two discs.

yes i agree..but the fact that some songs have had alot of work done to them suggests they might pass on re-looking at el macambo...i hope i am wrong...

Date: December 12, 2011 10:12

Well,out of the two concerts at El Mocambo,you would figure that they would be able to make at least a full CD sized album.

Even in a worst case scenario,if it's really required,they could do similar work to many more tracks,just as they did to the four Love You Live tracks.

Date: December 12, 2011 10:23

el macambo does look a nice 2-cd set...i wish.
i'm just trying to think like Mick...and I reckon he might look at something else.
same could be said for MSG 1969...a beautiful 3-cd set of the 3 shows would be amazing!!
but Ya Ya's & the recent DVD/CD stuff then it's unlikely it will be touched again.

Date: December 12, 2011 16:33

basti
my wish is

1962 London (marquee Club the first Stones Show Ever)
1969 London Hyde Park (complete with great Sound Quality)
1975 New York (the Show with Eric Clapton)
1977 El Mocambo
1999 anyone from the Tour

There were some really messy numbers on this show. I doubt they'll release that one, judging from the bootleg.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 12, 2011 17:14

People seem to here speculate in terms of upcoming CDs or even DVDs. Is there an kind of indication that they are going to change the medium or format from what they already did with The BRUSSELLS? From that of downloading a show being the only option? I'd love to have hard staff with proper packages and covers but that "six relaeses within a year" sounds like the technically easy - not packing, no shipping, no storage etc.- downloading option is all we are going to get.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-12 17:16 by Doxa.

Date: December 12, 2011 17:38

I believe it is six download-only releases. No hard copies unless you burn your own.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 12, 2011 17:38

downloading is all you need. the rest is superfluous fluff and should not be encouraged.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 12, 2011 22:03

sweetcharmedlife
Gazza

If they filmed the San Jose shows. They should be unhgappy with the results. I was at both shows.I was unhappy with the results. It was a tired band at the end of a tour.

Funnily enough I remember that in 99 people on boards and in fanzines were raving about those shows. The boot isn't too bad as well . .

There could have been other reasons than quality not to release it at that time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-12 22:06 by CousinC.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 12, 2011 22:07

CousinC
sweetcharmedlife
Gazza

Funnily enough I remember that in 99 people on boards and in fanzines were raving about those shows. The boot isn't too bad as well . .

There could have been other reasons than quality not to release it at that time.

first show was pretty hot, actually...particularly the b-stage set...by the second night, you could tell they were thinking about their golf tee times and whatnot...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 12, 2011 22:17

StonesTod
CousinC
sweetcharmedlife
Gazza

first show was pretty hot, actually...particularly the b-stage set...by the second night, you could tell they were thinking about their golf tee times and whatnot...
Right.The first show was good. But,back then they were still doing back to back nights. It showed,they looked tired on the second night....Then again so was I.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home