Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223
Current Page: 23 of 23
Re: Google Music to offer six unreleased Stones concerts
Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: January 13, 2012 16:57

My choice for the next release would have to be the 1973 Nicaragua Benefit.

I wouldn't mind seeing a complete 1971 Marquee show in fabulous quality too. Not sure what else they played there but I have noticed an acoustic guitar on stage near the drums. Could it just be a stage prop?

In the Ethan Russell book, one photo shows the band at Altamont in a tent and Keith is tuning a 12-string !! Did they consider playing Wild Horses there ??

Google Music Forthcoming - only live???
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: January 14, 2012 02:43

Of these Google releases forthcoming does anyone here know for sure they are releasing live shows only? Is there no chance of a "bootleg series" like Dylan's - great studio outtakes?

Re: Google Music Forthcoming - only live???
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: January 14, 2012 03:44

No word yet, but I will honestly be happy with whatever they release, as long as it avoids 75/76 and 89/90.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 14, 2012 03:59

The press release said they were releasing 6 unreleased concerts. So this sounds like only live stuff.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 14, 2012 04:26

whitem8
The press release said they were releasing 6 unreleased concerts. So this sounds like only live stuff.

It is. It does say '5-6 releases over the next 12 months'.

That doesn't necessarily mean that after that year ends, there'll be no more of them.

Whether its just a 50th anniversary retrospective series or an ongoing archives project hasn't really been explained.

Date: January 14, 2012 06:28

I wonder if Mick will complain that they haven't been successful enough.

Wouldn't that be the equivalent to him complaining that a bootleg didn't sell enough copies? Maybe someday he'll finally get over his numbers phobia (Arithmophobia).

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 16, 2012 20:29

According to StonesNews a new one is about to be released:

January 12 - another bootleg to be published soon!
The Rolling Stones will release another of the classical bootlegs soon. Sadly, we do not know yet which one or from which year it will be, but it is clear, that it will be remixed by Bob Clearmountain!
More to come soon ... [thx jMurph]

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: January 16, 2012 20:36

My bets are on Leeds 71 personally.

I'd love a 1970, 1975 or 1982 show personally.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 16, 2012 20:44

Please don't bump this thread before a new show, with date, is actually being announced!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-17 17:47 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 16, 2012 21:03

A bump here and there - get ready:

[twitter.com]

Date: January 17, 2012 17:40

Fuman2
My choice for the next release would have to be the 1973 Nicaragua Benefit.

I wouldn't mind seeing a complete 1971 Marquee show in fabulous quality too. Not sure what else they played there but I have noticed an acoustic guitar on stage near the drums. Could it just be a stage prop?

In the Ethan Russell book, one photo shows the band at Altamont in a tent and Keith is tuning a 12-string !! Did they consider playing Wild Horses there ??

Interesting comment Fuman. If they did choose the 1973 Nicaragua Benefit we might finally get to hear the Midnight Rambler encore, in glorious Bob Clearmountain mastering. Taylor's guitar would benefit greatly from the softening effect we heard of the Brussels release.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 17, 2012 18:12

Fuman2 likes what Fuman2 writes?confused smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: January 17, 2012 18:22

As much as I would like a Nicaragua benefit release I don't think they recorded that show.
Gigs like Leeds 71 have been available in very good quality for years and years and the few missing tracks were not recorded good enough. So I hope for more interesting stuff . .

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 17, 2012 18:33

Thommie

Guess what Fuman2 thinks about Fuman2 and Fuman2....

Date: January 17, 2012 18:41

shortfatfanny
Thommie

Guess what Fuman2 thinks about Fuman2 and Fuman2....

Funny!

I have to agree with them (the Fumen), Nicaragua would be an excellent choice.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 17, 2012 19:23

I'd like to hear something from the 82 tour,which has never seen a full soundboard surface . They played some hot arena shows in Frankfurt, I believe and of course the Scottish "commando raids".

OTHERS ;

No Security arena show
Stripped theatre show
El Mocambo - of course !
1970/71 show

sc uk

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 17, 2012 21:38

Me too straycatuk. But I'm afraid it's beginning to look like we'll be getting remastered bootlegs already in circulation. However, I'm happy to purchase them the official way. And they should sound good too.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 22:21

frankotero
Me too straycatuk. But I'm afraid it's beginning to look like we'll be getting remastered bootlegs already in circulation. However, I'm happy to purchase them the official way. And they should sound good too.

2nd Brussels was not in circulation.

Date: January 17, 2012 22:34

True, and however great it is, it's not exactly an unreleased revelation. A 1970 or 1999 concert would be something very exciting. Also the complete El Mocambo! That's what I mean.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 17, 2012 22:46

So when is the announcement? Do we know?

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: January 17, 2012 22:53

frankotero
True, and however great it is, it's not exactly an unreleased revelation. A 1970 or 1999 concert would be something very exciting. Also the complete El Mocambo! That's what I mean.

Unbelievable!
It's an almost uncirculated soundboard recording from the 1973 tour and you're sayin' it's not a revelation...

How can a 1999 recording be?

I could've never imagined a professionally mixed soundboard release from the 2nd Brussels Showsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-17 22:54 by kevinkamphuis.

Date: January 17, 2012 22:59

Even when we nearly had that with the first Brussels show for so many years? Not saying I don't like it, because I do. My point is there may not be any big suprises in the six concert series advertised. Though I'm hoping to be wrong. Please make me eat my words. Really want to be shocked by something unexpected.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 18, 2012 01:24

Me too hoping for something not widely available. Or more importantly, something freakin' great, like Australia '73 or one of the best shows from early or late US '72 tour. (I hope Ladies and Gents wasn't the last thing we heard from that glorious STP tour.) Or '70 or whatever, but please not Leeds '71 or some friggin' Vegas show from the late 90s.

Oops, bumped the thread! Sorry, Erik, hold your breath for another week or so. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-18 01:24 by LieB.

Posted by: shawnriffhard ()
Date: January 18, 2012 08:39

While I believe that the next release will be El Mocambo or something from 1970, I firmly stand by fankotero's words about 1999. I've taken a look at a lot of 99 material (Hartford, Memphis, Oklahoma) in the last couple of weeks and been mightily impressed. I'm one of the biggest complainers about the Vegas Syndrome, but here, we get something truly legitimate and exciting. I saw both Sacramento shows and the opener in Oakland, and they were all incredible. Accurate and energetic with an eclectic choice of toons.

These are the shows that did a great deal for my faith in the fellas after putting a huge amount of hope and energy into the B2B cycle and feeling fairly underwhelmed.

A lot of that horrible, sitting in deep center field, 100 miles from the stage, and not really being able to enjoy Bernard's fabulous tambourine work on the video screen like I'd hoped while anticipating the show for months beforehand (love Bernard; could really do with a bit less lawn-sprinkler sounding tambo.). Of course, at the end of the day, I think the very best thing that is in the vaults is Brixton 95. So Mick, if yer listening.......
Good Night and Good Luck

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 11, 2012 00:31

sweetcharmedlife
StonesTod
CousinC
sweetcharmedlife
Gazza
The footage of one of the Chicago shows was shot by Channel 4 in the UK for a 'TFI Friday' special. I doubt they'd have got permission to film more than a couple of songs, though.

The two final NS shows in San Jose WERE filmed with a view to an official release though, but the project was scrapped (presumably the band were unhappy with the results).

It's a tour thats not represented to date as an official release (CD or DVD), but I'd imagine they'd be giving more priorities to more 'iconic' eras before this one.
If they filmed the San Jose shows. They should be unhgappy with the results. I was at both shows.I was unhappy with the results. It was a tired band at the end of a tour.

Funnily enough I remember that in 99 people on boards and in fanzines were raving about those shows. The boot isn't too bad as well . .

There could have been other reasons than quality not to release it at that time.

first show was pretty hot, actually...particularly the b-stage set...by the second night, you could tell they were thinking about their golf tee times and whatnot...
Right.The first show was good. But,back then they were still doing back to back nights. It showed,they looked tired on the second night....Then again so was I.

I have to admit that one one night in san jose, I fell asleep for some seconds during midnight rambler. but I have to say that the main reason was jet lag ;-)
the shows were ok, but not exciting.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 11, 2012 05:43

A 1999 show would be cool, also any club gig from 1995

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 11, 2012 09:44

GOO
A 1999 show would be cool, also any club gig from 1995

There's really nothing from after 1982 that I am interested in except any of the club gigs from '95, especially Paradiso second.

Mathijs

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 11, 2012 13:36

If they want to cover all decades they exist and still three boots are to release, then we will get one from the sixties, one from the ninetees and one from the first decade of the 21th century.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223
Current Page: 23 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home