Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 63
Re: Super Heavy with Mick Jagger
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 21, 2011 14:01

proudmary
(7)He’s Mick (bleep)in’ Jagger, for crying out loud.

Right, that says it all

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 21, 2011 22:12

Dave Stewart: 'I like to make sure I'm surrounded by radiators'
Interview by Adam Jacques

When Annie [lennox] and I meet up now, we no longer talk about the old days [with the Eurythmics]. We've been through so much, what are we going to say? "Remember that crazy time in Oklahoma?" We've both had kids, and now there are all these other experiences to talk about.

I don't want to be just a guitarist in a group I like to be able to learn about movie scores, photography; I see all the possibilities that are out there, but a lot of people say: "He's always doing these different things; he should focus on one thing." I think it's also why Mick Jagger [who Stewart is collaborating with for new rock supergroup Super Heavy] is still so successful. He has his lens wide open; he's not clung to one particular interest and he's still excitable about everything.

My four children keep me grounded It's important not to try to be their mates and just hang out, but to be a father. I listen to their problems, and if they ask how to do something I'll show them, but I never interfere with what they want to do with their lives.

When people are amazing at what they do, there's usually less ego, not more I've found that to be the case with people such as Nelson Mandela and Stevie Wonder. The big egos you do see often come with people who are pretty average; they're covering their insecurity.

In life, there are drains and radiators It's a phrase my mum always said: some people will suck the air right out of the room, while others come in and everything feels sunny. It's why I like to make sure I'm surrounded by radiators, or at least make sure the radiators are not outweighed by drains.

I'm very shy in social situations Speaking to, say three or four new people, at a cocktail party or pub, I feel anxious and everything comes out wrong.

Coconut water is great for a hangover I wake up with a headache some mornings and one carton of the stuff fixes it immediately. It does taste a bit funny, but it totally hydrates you.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Date: August 22, 2011 12:24

Think Pink
by Marc Spitz

Well I don’t think anyone saw this look coming. Is that fuchsia or magenta? I’ve had movie theater Slushies that color. With the blinds drawn and the candles lit, Mick, the Botanica operator/acupuncturist has clearly, like Dylan before him, entered that strange older gent phase of his career with some glee. This song is such good pop, though, that I suppose such a visage is designed to give it a little edge. And it does. More so than Dave Stewart in the biker tattoo parlor. Even when he was rocking out biker style in the “Would I Lie To You” video, I never forgot that this is the same art damaged genius who made his video debut literally home computing (and later playing the cello in a New Romantic blindfold while in a rowboat… there was also a cow). Everyone else gets their star turn, Joss, Damian Marley, A.R. Rahman, but it’s really hard to upstage the suit (later topped with a slightly more pale pink fedora and bottomed with the kind of custom trainers that would send Turtle from Entourage into a funk). This clip takes place in one of those “downtown” scenes that have that studio lot feel. Maybe it’s New Orleans, maybe it’s the Lower East Side or Brooklyn, it doesn’t matter because like a dozen beer or a rum or snack cracker ads before it, somebody blows a whistle and suddenly it’s a world party. But like I said, the song is truly great pop, a rarity these days, so why not celebrate?

[www.mickjaggerbiography.com]

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 15:32

Release date Sept 20 th . Here's a link to Amazon pre order if anyone is interested

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: August 22, 2011 17:05

Number 235 at this point. Believe it or not it has moved up about 120 spots in a week.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: August 22, 2011 22:36

lougio
I believe one of the reasons I can't even make myself pretend to like this crap happened on Oct.17th 2005 in Miami Fl. For some reason Mick decided to bring out Joss Stone to take Lisa's part on Night Time is the Right Time. I don't think I have ever seen anything else so musically wrong in my life. I had already seen a couple of shows prior to this and I knew that Night Time was one of the hi-lites of the show. I was shocked as I watched Joss Stone destroy a great cover song.
I could only think Lisa must be back stage somewhere throwing-up.
Super Heavy may be good for some people but it is not for true Stones fans.

I was there too, bro! One of the best concerts in my entire life. Wasn't it 2002 though, I thought it was. Ah well, 2000-something.

Joss Stone and her band were truly terrible that night, and I like the kid. I think she was ill-advised, musically. She's hanging out with better musicians now and hopefully they'll exorcise any evil jazz tangents. A lot of young folk tend to over-sing these days.

Date: August 22, 2011 23:17

James Kirk
Number 235 at this point. Believe it or not it has moved up about 120 spots in a week.

181 in Music - what, has it moved up 50 spots in 5-6 hours?
81 in Rock Music
[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 22, 2011 23:39

James Kirk

James, Amazon has 5% of influence on the main Billboard 200 chart, a quick example: John Hiatt's album was #1 in Amazon for 3-4 days and inside the Top 10 for about 4 weeks now, yet it only peaked at #59 on the Top 200, right now the album is #5 in Amazon and #89 in the Top 200, falling like a stone.

Amazon is an indie store for music, the MAIN indicator this day is ITUNES, their chart is very similar to the Billboard 200 and Superheavy had ZERO impact there so far, Miracle Worker is not even inside the Top 200 in the Rock chart (it was about #800 during 2-3 days last week and now it's gone from the Top 1000!) and the album is not even inside the Top 100 of their pre-sales chart.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 23, 2011 01:34

georgelicks
James Kirk

James, Amazon has 5% of influence on the main Billboard 200 chart, a quick example: John Hiatt's album was #1 in Amazon for 3-4 days and inside the Top 10 for about 4 weeks now, yet it only peaked at #59 on the Top 200, right now the album is #5 in Amazon and #89 in the Top 200, falling like a stone.

Amazon is an indie store for music, the MAIN indicator this day is ITUNES, their chart is very similar to the Billboard 200 and Superheavy had ZERO impact there so far, Miracle Worker is not even inside the Top 200 in the Rock chart (it was about #800 during 2-3 days last week and now it's gone from the Top 1000!) and the album is not even inside the Top 100 of their pre-sales chart.

Well, that certainly isn't good news. Interesting how fast the first single disappeared in the US, when it did so well in a few European countries.

Date: August 23, 2011 13:47

Personal Playlist: Mick Jagger
Pop & Hiss
THE L.A. TIMES MUSIC BLOG
As his new project, Superheavy, prepares to release its album, the Rolling Stones singer talks Beyoncé, Howlin’ Wolf and hearing the ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’ riff in a song from Thailand.

Mick Jagger greeted me last month with a firm handshake as he welcomed me into a hotel room at Four Seasons in Beverly Hills to talk about music. The Rolling Stone was in town shooting a video for his newest collaborative project, Superheavy, a group also featuring Dave Stewart, Joss Stone, A.R. Rahman and Damian Marley. The album, a merger of Stones-style swagger, deep Jamaican rhythms and a dose of dance floor energy, was recorded in Los Angeles last year, and comes out Sept. 20 on Universal Republic. A more detailed look at the project will arrive in these pages in the weeks to come.

Pop & Hiss: What are you listening to these days for pleasure?

Mick Jagger: If you’re an actual musician, you have to do all kinds of stuff: You have to vaguely listen to what’s going on so that you at least know. [If someone asks] ‘Have you heard Beyoncé’s new single?’ You can’t just say no. And, yeah, I have downloaded Beyoncé’s new single. And that’s a great record. But then there are the things you buy that you’ve bought before. I just bought “The Best of Howlin’ Wolf, Vol. 2,” and there’s stuff that wasn’t on volume one; it’s just as good but it’s a little more rare — well, not “rare,” but it’s nice to have them all in one place.

And there’s an amazing thing that I heard when I was in Argentina. I was listening online to one of those American college stations and there was a version of “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” by this Lao band. So I went on the playlist of the college station, and wrote it down because it’s in Thai. I thought, “OK, I’m never going to find that.” And there it was! The record’s called “The Sound of Siam.” And it’s not just that track — that’s just the one that got my attention. Some nutter put together the [collection]. I’ve got a couple of Thai friends, and I played “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” and they said, “We can’t understand this. It’s actually not in Thai. It’s in some country dialect we don’t speak.” You find the weirdest things.

It’s gotta be thrilling to hear something you created transformed like that.

It was just a funny sound. It’s not really even “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” but the riff is. So that’s how I pick up all kinds of stuff, you know? That’s what I like doing.

And it’s fun finding music that way these days.

Yeah, because before, this would be so seriously difficult to do. It would involve many trips along Sunset Boulevard asking shop assistants. There are some good things about the record business being what it is.

[latimesblogs.latimes.com]

Date: August 24, 2011 10:01

Mick Jagger & Joss Stone Improvise A Classic

The band SuperHeavy, composed of music heavyweights Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart, Joss Stone, Damian Marley and A.R. Rahman, have just released their first single and we're giving you a behind-the-scenes look!

The reggae/pop song "Miracle Worker," may have been a miracle in itself, considering that it wasn't planned.

"It was very different because we didn't know the people really well, we didn't rehearse and we didn't have songs written," said Mick, who produced the album with Dave Stewart. "We just sort of sat there looking at each other and just started playing."

Joss Stone revealed that her favorite part about "Miracle Worker" is the fact that it was improvised.

"That's why I love that one," Joss said. "That was just a jam and then we just kind of made it up as we went along."

SuperHeavy's self-titled album drops September 20. Watch the video for a behind-the-scenes look at how the single was made.

Click here for video embed [www.etonline.com]

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 24, 2011 16:48

whenever i see the SuperHEavy logo i think of this jagger image...anyone else? has this been discussed?

IORR............but I like it!

Date: August 24, 2011 17:04

sweet neo con
whenever i see the SuperHEavy logo i think of this jagger image...anyone else? has this been discussed?

[www.iorr.org]

Date: August 25, 2011 14:17

Making of Miracle Worker

[www.facebook.com]

SuperHeavy Exclusive: Making of Miracle Worker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-25 14:21 by proudmary.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 25, 2011 20:55

We have been hearing about this for so long, so many opinions... and yet the album does not even drop for almost another month.... feels like it must have been out all summer.

I will buy it when it drops, listen to it in full, and then decide. I dont think I will ever like the name "Super Heavy", but the music could work... and at least in the mean time I have become a Joss Stones fan.... so Thanks Mick for that.

Date: August 25, 2011 22:14

Max'sKansasCity
We have been hearing about this for so long, so many opinions... and yet the album does not even drop for almost another month.... feels like it must have been out all summer.

I will buy it when it drops, listen to it in full, and then decide. I dont think I will ever like the name "Super Heavy", but the music could work... and at least in the mean time I have become a Joss Stones fan.... so Thanks Mick for that.

And I wish it had come out sooner...the lead single at least, was a perfect summertime song.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 26, 2011 03:10

I just checked ITunes song chart and:

Miracle Worker is #32.

Date: August 26, 2011 13:46

marquess

Miracle Worker is #32.

georgelicks wrote a few days ago that MW had ZERO impact on ITunes, it wasn't even inside the Top 200.
So #32 it's much better

Date: August 26, 2011 22:40

Fall music: 11 albums worth a closer listen
How hot is Coldplay? Does Metallica still have market mettle? Will Lil Wayne again rack up big numbers? The music industry is counting on fall's surplus of brand names to boost the bottom line in a year that's already reversing a long downward trend (album sales are up 4.7% over 2010). The pipeline promises drama, unusual combos and long-awaited arrivals. USA TODAY's critics take a closer look at 11 releases:

SuperHeavy
SuperHeavy (Sept. 20)

Outline: Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger and Eurythmics founder Dave Stewart, longtime pals and collaborators, co-produced this eclectic debut by a multicultural supergroup that also includes British soul singer Joss Stone, reggae star Damian Marley (Bob's youngest son) and Indian composer/musician A.R. Rahman. The ensemble initially met for spontaneous jams and recorded in far-flung locales, crafting a genre-melding blend of rock, soul, reggae, blues, pop and Indian music. Jagger's vocal swagger and Marley's toasting dominate reggae-splashed first single Miracle Worker.
Outside the lines: While the songs adhere to a pop structure, the spontaneity, exotic strains and daring cross-pollination will surprise fans. On Rahman composition Satyameva Jayate, Jagger sings a line in Urdu.
Outlook:Miracle Worker reviews are strong, and the project's diverse all-star lineup has stirred anticipation. The group hasn't booked a tour, which would goose sales, but the combined power of five fan bases should improve its prospects.

[www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 26, 2011 23:12

proudmary
marquess

Miracle Worker is #32.

georgelicks wrote a few days ago that MW had ZERO impact on ITunes, it wasn't even inside the Top 200.
So #32 it's much better

Miracle Worker is currently #21 on UK's Itunes Rock Songs, still away from the main Top 200 (around #250-300) but the song is moving up.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 27, 2011 00:07

...and Moves like Jagger #4

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 27, 2011 04:29

Well, Radio 2 here in the U.K have been playing "Miracle Worker" every day , 3 or 4 times. It's certainly grown on me and I absolutely love it now. What the hell, this has nothing to do with the "will they, won't they tour" nonsense, this is just a great summer fun record, and what's wrong with that. The video is a scream !
Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 27, 2011 11:12

chriseganstar
this is just a great summer fun record, and what's wrong with that

Nothing wrong to me, but there will always be someone who finds something to nag about

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 27, 2011 21:16

chriseganstar
Well, Radio 2 here in the U.K have been playing "Miracle Worker" every day , 3 or 4 times. It's certainly grown on me and I absolutely love it now. What the hell, this has nothing to do with the "will they, won't they tour" nonsense, this is just a great summer fun record, and what's wrong with that. The video is a scream !
Chris

I've liked almost everything I've heard so far from SH. My wife and daughter are singing it around the house, based on a few YOUTUBE listens by me, and they really like it as well.

Very much looking forward to the CD, which I've finally pre-ordered from Amazon, the deluxe edition that is.

Date: August 27, 2011 23:41

AR Rahman on SuperHeavy’s second single Satya Meva Jayate
AR Rahman tells Sunayana Suresh about his band SuperHeavy’s second single Satya Meva Jayate and their future plans.

What was the idea behind choosing the mantra Satya Meva Jayate as the lyrics of SuperHeavy’s second single?
It was a long dream for me, to take one of the morals of Indian culture, which is Satya Meva Jayate and make it into a song. Dave said, “AR we want your voice in this album and we want this to be a great Indian song too.” I said it would be historic; if Mick Jagger, Joss Stone, Damien Marley, Dave Stewart and me come together for a song like this. In a way, it’s iconic. We all acted spontaneously at that point and started doing the song and I didn’t have any other lyrics than Satya Meva Jayate. I only knew that it had to be this song but had nothing else. We filled in the lyrics later and added in the choir to create an epic of sorts.

In your own life, have you seen truth win over everything?
At some point or the other in life, you will see truth always prevails.

With two singles already rocking, what can audiophiles expect from SuperHeavy’s upcoming album?
SuperHeavy is a musical team and each of us has a distinct style. If you look at the five of us, we have all been driving our own thing and have our own following. So we bring in very different influences to the table. When it is a collaboration of such a scale, sometimes you have to take a back seat and just let music be made naturally. But SuperHeavy does have strong Indian influences.

So many varied musical inspirations with the band members, how long does it take to narrow down on one track?
It terms of narrowing down on tracks, some songs would go 20-25 minutes of jam session and then they are all chopped down and brought into a format. Out of maybe 28 ideas for songs we narrowed it down to 16 or 17.

Does SuperHeavy have plans of composing music for soundtracks?
At the moment we are busy with our album SuperHeavy which will release next month. If we plan on composing music.

Would you ever use your fellow band members’ voices for one of your Indian film compositions?
You never know!

[www.dnaindia.com]

Date: August 29, 2011 23:16

SUPERHEAVY LOOK TO THE PAST FOR COMMON MUSICAL GROUND
by: Karen Laney 6 hours ago

When Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart, Joss Stone, Damian Marley and A.R. Rahman teamed up to record the upcoming SuperHeavy record together, they ended up looking back in music history to find a common ground that fused together their variety of musical styles and influences.
Stewart tells Billboard he started this proceess by turning Stone on to the ’30s and ’40s swing legends the Andrew Sisters, whom she’d never heard before. In fact, much of the concept of SuperHeavy derives from the 1930’s hitmaker era. This band, whose name hails from boxing champion Muhammad Ali, is all about discovery.
Rolling Stones legend Jagger was enlisted by Stewart for the project after the two of them worked together on the ‘Alfie’ soundtrack in 2004. Experimentation was key, and together with Stone, Damian Marley (youngest son of Bob) and A.R. Rahman (‘Slumdog Millionaire’ soundtrack) the quintet of musicians wrote 22 songs in six days, then laid down most of the tracks in Los Angeles in a matter of three weeks.
Recording in multiple studios around the world (Cyprus, Miami, India), the songs come from a melting pot of sounds, including Indian, Reggae, Rock, Pop, Blues, Soul. Stewart explains, “I love musicians from all over the world but never liked the term ‘world music’ that sounds like people knitting yogurt sweaters.”
Superheavy’s self titled debut album will be released on Sept. 20 and features the reggae-driven single titled ‘Miracle Worker,’ for which they just released a pretty cool music video.

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

SUPERHEAVY, ‘MIRACLE WORKER’ – VIDEO REVIEW
by: Billy Dukes

The video for rock supergroup SuperHeavy’s ‘Miracle Worker’ holds true to the eclectic if not electric nature of the song, the band’s debut single. ‘Miracle Worker’ is a love story vaguely acted out within a five-minute span. Each member shares screen time judiciously, with Joss Stone and reggae star Damien Marley playing the lead roles.
The footage begins on the edgy side of downtown Kingston, Jamaica (it’s not clear if the band actually filmed in Jamaica, however). Piercings, tattoo parlors, facial acupuncture, skulls and a threatening hum work to set a sinister scene. There’s no evidence of criminal activity, in fact the setting is surprisingly clean for a metropolis. We see Mick Jagger first — his weathered eyes dart through shuttered blinds. A stage is being set up outside.
From there it’s a visual explosion, although not one loud enough to overwhelm the song’s slow reggae groove. A.R. Rahman and Dave Stewart play periphery roles until called upon later in the clip. It’s Stone and Marley who are the focus early, playfully batting lyrics back and forth at each other from across the street. Unfortunately their chemistry is about as tasty as beef gravy on a banana. At best one won’t realize they’re supposed to be a couple. Heck, we’re not even sure of it!
Jagger’s entrance is brilliant. He comes from nowhere in a flamingo pink suit, bucking and jiving like only the Rolling Stones‘ frontman knows how. The singer plays a witch doctor in ‘Miracle Worker,’ and looks quite at home surrounded by melted candles, dusty skulls and potions. Anytime he’s on screen one’s eyes can’t help but focus on his moves, ignoring the colorful culture on both sides of him.
The action leads to the five members of SuperHeavy taking the stage and finishing the song to a block full of frantic fans. Each member gives their best effort to pull the action together. Much like the music they promise, SuperHeavy has found a way to blend cultures without anyone losing his or her individual identity.

Date: August 29, 2011 23:20

proudmary
SUPERHEAVY LOOK TO THE PAST FOR COMMON MUSICAL GROUND
by: Karen Laney 6 hours ago

When Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart, Joss Stone, Damian Marley and A.R. Rahman teamed up to record the upcoming SuperHeavy record together, they ended up looking back in music history to find a common ground that fused together their variety of musical styles and influences.
Stewart tells Billboard he started this proceess by turning Stone on to the ’30s and ’40s swing legends the Andrew Sisters, whom she’d never heard before. In fact, much of the concept of SuperHeavy derives from the 1930’s hitmaker era. This band, whose name hails from boxing champion Muhammad Ali, is all about discovery.
Rolling Stones legend Jagger was enlisted by Stewart for the project after the two of them worked together on the ‘Alfie’ soundtrack in 2004. Experimentation was key, and together with Stone, Damian Marley (youngest son of Bob) and A.R. Rahman (‘Slumdog Millionaire’ soundtrack) the quintet of musicians wrote 22 songs in six days, then laid down most of the tracks in Los Angeles in a matter of three weeks.
Recording in multiple studios around the world (Cyprus, Miami, India), the songs come from a melting pot of sounds, including Indian, Reggae, Rock, Pop, Blues, Soul. Stewart explains, “I love musicians from all over the world but never liked the term ‘world music’ that sounds like people knitting yogurt sweaters.”
Superheavy’s self titled debut album will be released on Sept. 20 and features the reggae-driven single titled ‘Miracle Worker,’ for which they just released a pretty cool music video.

SUPERHEAVY, ‘MIRACLE WORKER’ – VIDEO REVIEW
by: Billy Dukes

The video for rock supergroup SuperHeavy’s ‘Miracle Worker’ holds true to the eclectic if not electric nature of the song, the band’s debut single. ‘Miracle Worker’ is a love story vaguely acted out within a five-minute span. Each member shares screen time judiciously, with Joss Stone and reggae star Damien Marley playing the lead roles.
The footage begins on the edgy side of downtown Kingston, Jamaica (it’s not clear if the band actually filmed in Jamaica, however). Piercings, tattoo parlors, facial acupuncture, skulls and a threatening hum work to set a sinister scene. There’s no evidence of criminal activity, in fact the setting is surprisingly clean for a metropolis. We see Mick Jagger first — his weathered eyes dart through shuttered blinds. A stage is being set up outside.
From there it’s a visual explosion, although not one loud enough to overwhelm the song’s slow reggae groove. A.R. Rahman and Dave Stewart play periphery roles until called upon later in the clip. It’s Stone and Marley who are the focus early, playfully batting lyrics back and forth at each other from across the street. Unfortunately their chemistry is about as tasty as beef gravy on a banana. At best one won’t realize they’re supposed to be a couple. Heck, we’re not even sure of it!
Jagger’s entrance is brilliant. He comes from nowhere in a flamingo pink suit, bucking and jiving like only the Rolling Stones‘ frontman knows how. The singer plays a witch doctor in ‘Miracle Worker,’ and looks quite at home surrounded by melted candles, dusty skulls and potions. Anytime he’s on screen one’s eyes can’t help but focus on his moves, ignoring the colorful culture on both sides of him.
The action leads to the five members of SuperHeavy taking the stage and finishing the song to a block full of frantic fans. Each member gives their best effort to pull the action together. Much like the music they promise, SuperHeavy has found a way to blend cultures without anyone losing his or her individual identity.

He nailed the description on that video. It is quite good and Mick is excellent.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: August 30, 2011 01:05

I thought the video was filmed quite nice, but didn't really like how
it flows. A bit overacted, posed and even the audio (not the song)
was a bit cheezy with the making out couple moaning at the begining
and the cheers of the crowd when the band hits the stage.
It's basically a directors problem...but overall, it's a fun colorful
video...

But I'll take "When the river flows" anyday over this.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 30, 2011 06:49

If you go on Itunes UK store, you can hear about 90 seconds of each song including the bonus materials. Jagger appears on lead vocal in " unbeleivable", one day, one night, and a few others. The jury is out for me. I have to listen to the whole tracks to decide. Enjoy, and let the debates begin

Date: August 30, 2011 10:58

Thanks,Bashlets.
There is s much more Mick than I thought based on two previously heard songs.
I'd say here at least 7 songs with him on lead vocal
I really liked I Can't Take It No More and Energy(with nice Mick's harp)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home