Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Quips from Keith - Another Web List
Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: October 27, 2015 23:22

Re: Quips from Keith - Another Web List
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 28, 2015 00:35

Other than the comments on CCR and 'rap music in general', I wouldn't disagree with a word.

Olly.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 28, 2015 00:53

I don't understand his comment on CCR

"When I first heard them, I was really knocked out, but I became bored with them very quickly.

What is very quickly? their hay days only lasted for a couple of years.......and how can CCR bores you.....and what is wrong with basic and simple music I though he is a fan of Jimmy Reed the most basic and simple music you can think of..........

Keith you didn't pass the test as music critic...............

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2015 04:01

72hotrocks
I really wish Keith Richards would just shut the @#$%& up and play his guitar,
He has been a total douchebag since 'Life'.

OK, just stop.

He was like that year's before LIFE, you're giving him far too much credit.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 04:27

He's been a douch all his life.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2015 04:31

rob51
He's been a douch all his life.

I'm all for piling it on, however we may be straying off topic

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 17:04

Keith is REFRESHING

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 17:13

treaclefingers
72hotrocks
I really wish Keith Richards would just shut the @#$%& up and play his guitar,
He has been a total douchebag since 'Life'.

OK, just stop.

He was like that year's before LIFE, you're giving him far too much credit.

Indeed! I'm still mystified that some people could be surprised when, upon reading Life, they discovered that Keith could be less than a gentleman. He's a musician not a diplomat.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 28, 2015 21:16

I've forgotten in which thread this page was mentioned - I couldn't locate it at the time
but it's related here so ... so here it is: [www.timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: October 28, 2015 21:20

"Prince has to find out what it means to be a prince. That's the trouble with conferring a title on yourself before you've proved it."
I guess Keith is unaware that Prince is his birth name.

Also his comments regarding Rap are rubbish. As Bob Dylan once said, “don't criticize what you can't understand.”

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 28, 2015 21:23

"Oh God, Aerosmith! They're just rubbish - absolute bullshit. The singer is quite a nice guy, mind you.
He's almost too bloody sweet. He's very kind to me, anyway Yeah, you know what I mean.
He's such a little sweetheart, really - what can you do with him? Punch 'im in the mouth?
'Here, what are you playing at, fokkin' impersonating me?' - Slam!" (Laughs)
- Mick Jagger, 1977

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 23:05

keith is being polite to some of these bands, i disagree with his critisism of bowie, bowie was fantastic at his peak as a performer and songwriter. but beiber, oasis and rap got off lightly.

however as beiber is only a daft wee boy band type of person what do you expect, ofcourse hes crap.

oasis were so overrated, and so far up themselves, that they had to tell the world how good they thought they were says it all really, if your good let others decide. they were just mince and every song was a monodrone that would bore the pants off a frog.

and rap, rap ruined the music industry, as almost overnight pubs, bars and nightclubs who used to play music turned to talentless and tuneless rap instead. its repetative horsesh1t and makes me pity those that think its good, its not.

good call keith, dont hold back next time.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 28, 2015 23:14

with sssoul
"Oh God, Aerosmith! They're just rubbish - absolute bullshit. The singer is quite a nice guy, mind you.
He's almost too bloody sweet. He's very kind to me, anyway Yeah, you know what I mean.
He's such a little sweetheart, really - what can you do with him? Punch 'im in the mouth?
- Mick Jagger, 1977

Hilarious quote with sssoul! Steven Tyler though is truly an amazing singer in his own right, like him or not the guy gives 110% in the studio. I've had the pleasure to solo up some of his vocal tracks on their Pump record and all I can say is I was drop jawed impressed as was everyone else in the studio. The guy is a vocal powerhouse. Nothing contrived or disingenuous just everything he's got on every track. The harmony vocals included.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 23:16

Naturalust
with sssoul
- Mick Jagger, 1977

Hilarious quote with sssoul! Steven Tyler though is truly an amazing singer in his own right, like him or not the guy gives 110% in the studio. I've had the pleasure to solo up some of his vocal tracks on their Pump record and all I can say is I was drop jawed impressed as was everyone else in the studio. The guy is a vocal powerhouse. Nothing contrived or disingenuous just everything he's got on every track. The harmony vocals included.

does he sing most of the harmony parts?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 29, 2015 00:46

Very funny - well worth a read. I had forgotten when he pissed Elton off.

The prince show must be when he opened for the Stones in 81. I seem to remember
hearing he was booed and things were tossed at the stage. In my opinion one or two of the openers on the Zip Code tour were a whole lot worse though. Rascal
Flats - give me a break.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 29, 2015 00:53

Turner68
Naturalust
with sssoul
- Mick Jagger, 1977

does he sing most of the harmony parts?

Hell yeah. There were usually 5 or 6 killer Tyler vocal tracks on all the songs, not all of them were used in the final mix but soling them all up without any instrumentation behind them was amazing. Just wow.

There might have been some other members singing some background stuff too but they were nothing like the Tyler tracks when soloed.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 29, 2015 01:34

Boognish
"Prince has to find out what it means to be a prince. That's the trouble with conferring a title on yourself before you've proved it."

Also his comments regarding Rap are rubbish. As Bob Dylan once said, “don't criticize what you can't understand.”

As I mentioned on another thread regarding these quotes, it would be great if they were put into proper context by at least giving them a date when they were said.
Maybe then they wouldn't come off as crazy, obnoxious, and ridiculous as they do.

The above quote for example - I don't have an exact date, but it was said in the wake of Prince opening for the Stones in L.A. in 1981, and as someone who was there it was disastrous by most accounts. There's already been threads and many posts about the incident, but Prince was WAY out of his element at the time. I've since come to appreciate his talents (as I'm pretty sure Keith has as well), and have seen him several times. But to this day, I still say that was the worst opening act I've ever witnessed for the Stones.

With that said, I agree with alot of what Keith says on that list, and at the least respect his right to express his opinions.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 29, 2015 06:44

Hairball
Boognish

As I mentioned on another thread regarding these quotes, it would be great if they were put into proper context by at least giving them a date when they were said.
Maybe then they wouldn't come off as crazy, obnoxious, and ridiculous as they do.

The above quote for example - I don't have an exact date, but it was said in the wake of Prince opening for the Stones in L.A. in 1981, and as someone who was there it was disastrous by most accounts. There's already been threads and many posts about the incident, but Prince was WAY out of his element at the time. I've since come to appreciate his talents (as I'm pretty sure Keith has as well), and have seen him several times. But to this day, I still say that was the worst opening act I've ever witnessed for the Stones.

With that said, I agree with alot of what Keith says on that list, and at the least respect his right to express his opinions.

I agree you can't hold Keith to somthing he may have said 30 years ago. Statements can be taken out of context too. I'm glad no one wrote down my comments thirty Years ago and have to answer to them today!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home