Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263
Current Page: 63 of 63
Re: SuperHeavy
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2015 03:54

thumbs up

I remember hearing Miracle Worker (had to look up the title) quite a bit on the radio while in Hawaii when this was released.
Listening now on youtube- not too bad of a tune, Damian Marley is the highlight, but Mick is way over-the-top.
Honestly haven't heard anything from this entire album since then...

I promise not post again in this thread until it is resurrected (again) in about 4 years. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: October 26, 2015 07:55

Can't stop laughing at treaclefingers singing with the kids at the top of their lungs to serfdsethjhgfdsffvvvvv

Let's all be honest here. Mick made the cd for one reason and one reason only. Her initials are JS. Uh huh. And he'd do it again.

The singing chemistry there, tho, was between JS and DM.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 26, 2015 11:49

Straycat13
Let's all be honest here. Mick made the cd for one reason and one reason only. Her initials are JS.

Dont think so. Joss Stone is no fool, he could easily be her grandpa and she had a boyfriend already, there was no hope for Mick at all. It was just another one of Mick´s desperate attempts to introduce himself to a younger generation of music-listeners, especially those who like rap and hip-hop and Joss Stone who was very popular at that time. As always he fell flat on his face. Not one single 15-25year old fell in love with our beloved aging RnR-star after his desastrous contributions to this album. I dont like the music and Mick´s vocals are even worse. I remember a video with Mick wearing an awful bright suit and trying hard to pretend he was 25. It was so embarassing. The most embarrassing thing were his forced, thread-thin and whiny vocals. The album perhaps would have been better without Mick participating. For some reason Mick always ends up rather ridicilous, when he´s not with the Stones. Without them he is a lamb lost in the woods, imo.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 26, 2015 16:38

HMS
Straycat13
Let's all be honest here. Mick made the cd for one reason and one reason only. Her initials are JS.

Dont think so. Joss Stone is no fool, he could easily be her grandpa and she had a boyfriend already, there was no hope for Mick at all. It was just another one of Mick´s desperate attempts to introduce himself to a younger generation of music-listeners, especially those who like rap and hip-hop and Joss Stone who was very popular at that time. As always he fell flat on his face. Not one single 15-25year old fell in love with our beloved aging RnR-star after his desastrous contributions to this album. I dont like the music and Mick´s vocals are even worse. I remember a video with Mick wearing an awful bright suit and trying hard to pretend he was 25. It was so embarassing. The most embarrassing thing were his forced, thread-thin and whiny vocals. The album perhaps would have been better without Mick participating. For some reason Mick always ends up rather ridicilous, when he´s not with the Stones. Without them he is a lamb lost in the woods, imo.

thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 26, 2015 17:51

HMS
Straycat13

Seriously HMS, next time don't hold back and tell us how you really feel!

Date: October 26, 2015 17:53

Are Superheavy planning to tour, or what is happening here? winking smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 26, 2015 20:22

They're going to cover the Beatles' I Want You (She's So Heavy) but instead sing "Superheavy..." and take that song to empyrean heights.

Date: October 26, 2015 23:41

DandelionPowderman

They're announced as the opening act for the Xpensive Wino's Tour of the Americas in 2016.

Date: October 27, 2015 00:25

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

They're announced as the opening act for the Xpensive Wino's Tour of the Americas in 2016.

A heavy act to follow..

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 27, 2015 00:27

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

A heavy act to follow..

i see what you did there...

Date: October 27, 2015 15:41

Turner68
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

A heavy act to follow..

i see what you did there...

you're beautiful people

Date: October 27, 2015 15:42

If the assessment were true, we're Miracle Workers...

Date: October 27, 2015 15:43

DandelionPowderman

I like your energy.

Date: October 27, 2015 15:54

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

I like your energy.

Unbelievable!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 27, 2015 21:37

Big Al
LeonidP

By Jagger, perhaps; but not by credible artists in those given genres.

Oh, i guess it must be a black jamaican that can only do that. Okay. Only white Texans can play country.

Err? I was not insinuating anything like that whatsoever.[/quote]

Uh, okay but you realize that the music is from an artist of that genre.

Date: October 27, 2015 23:10

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

I like your energy.

Unbelievable!

your never gonna change

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 00:00

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

I like your energy.

Unbelievable!

your never gonna change

i hope we can find some common ground here.

Date: October 28, 2015 00:56

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

I like your energy.

Unbelievable!

your never gonna change

My what? My Mahyia?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 28, 2015 01:56

Hey Captain, I Can't Take It No More!

Date: October 28, 2015 03:59

In situations like this I think the only wise thing to do is take two aspirins, satyameva jayathe, and get a good nights sleep.

Date: October 28, 2015 04:52

A good night's sleep or one day, one night?

Date: October 28, 2015 05:24

Rocky Dijon
A good night's sleep or one day, one night?

it doesn't take a miracle worker to get a good night's sleep. Just pills.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: October 28, 2015 08:24

The cd is good lot of excellent tracks, jagger did not fall flat on his face, some fans do not like bigger bang so does it mean stones fell flat on there faces, fans need to grow up everyone likes diffrent music,if the members of the band did not do solo music the band would have no out let and break up like the beatles, even some of the solo stuff of beatles is not strong. Whoever likes it or not jagger has right to do whatever please him. CANNOT WIN THEM ALL WHEN GONE WE ALL WILL BE SAD, STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 15:40

Straycat13
Can't stop laughing at treaclefingers singing with the kids at the top of their lungs to serfdsethjhgfdsffvvvvv

Let's all be honest here. Mick made the cd for one reason and one reason only. Her initials are JS. Uh huh. And he'd do it again.

The singing chemistry there, tho, was between JS and DM.

Well now, who wouldn't?!?!? I'd certainly do it again. And again. And again. >grinning smiley<

Date: October 28, 2015 16:40

kish_stoned
The cd is good lot of excellent tracks, jagger did not fall flat on his face, some fans do not like bigger bang so does it mean stones fell flat on there faces, fans need to grow up everyone likes diffrent music,if the members of the band did not do solo music the band would have no out let and break up like the beatles, even some of the solo stuff of beatles is not strong. Whoever likes it or not jagger has right to do whatever please him. CANNOT WIN THEM ALL WHEN GONE WE ALL WILL BE SAD, STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE.

The songs are pretty solid as are the performances. What got a lot of people's panties in a bunch on this board was that it wasn't the Stones, that they though MJ was self indulging INSTEAD of working with the Stones, AND, they don't happen to like the styles of music that made up the record.

Too bad for them. My only criticism is that they went through the effort with excellent results, and then didn't do much to promote it so it didn't sell. Unfortunately it's a one off for that reason.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 16:48

VoodooLounge13
Straycat13

Let's all be honest here. []Mick made the cd for one reason and one reason only. Her initials are JS. Uh huh. And he'd do it again.[/b]

the guy (Mick ) always had good taste

Date: October 28, 2015 17:17

treaclefingers
The songs are pretty solid as are the performances. What got a lot of people's panties in a bunch on this board was that it wasn't the Stones, that they though MJ was self indulging INSTEAD of working with the Stones, AND, they don't happen to like the styles of music that made up the record.

Too bad for them. My only criticism is that they went through the effort with excellent results, and then didn't do much to promote it so it didn't sell. Unfortunately it's a one off for that reason.

For me, I just wanted another Mick solo album instead. It was an album that sounded like bits and pieces of that and then it felt like someone suddenly switched stations on the radio and I kept wanting them to go back to the new Mick song.

Date: October 28, 2015 18:12

Rocky Dijon
treaclefingers

For me, I just wanted another Mick solo album instead. It was an album that sounded like bits and pieces of that and then it felt like someone suddenly switched stations on the radio and I kept wanting them to go back to the new Mick song.

Rocky man, there's just no pleasing you.

Date: October 29, 2015 03:58

Well, I'm greedy. I would rather have Mick solo than a Mick side project. The musical styles didn't bother me, I just wanted Mick to be the front man instead of one of three or four front men sharing duties from one track to the next. It was a bit like The Traveling Wilburys but without the commonality of shared styles. This was more like culture clash.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263
Current Page: 63 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2190
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home