Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 63
Re: Super Heavy with Mick Jagger
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 19, 2011 01:09

proudmary
Rolling Hansie
proudmary
Anyone who hates Jagger (or Richards on this matter) can not be the Stones fan

... says the one who spent the last year on this board expressing how much she hates Keith ... really

I never said I hate him(or love Mick) - I leave such strong feelings for my family. Yes, I don't like Life and I think this book and his undisguised hostility to Jagger are the reasons that the Stones will hardly play together. But I'm not the only one who think so.
In addition, there was a clear bias against Jagger, I thought it unfair. But lately this has changed - and I flatter myself that not without my help. Everyone can have a favorite within the Stones and mine isn't KR.

with a smile, let's not forget everyone has the right (possibly the responsibility) to change. Their opinion, their guitar strings or their feelings about artists who have moved them and become a part of their own lives. Always for the better I say. Hate turned to Love, or even kinda like? I'm all for that. peace

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: August 19, 2011 01:27

proudmary
Rolling Hansie
proudmary
JumpingKentFlash

I really hate Jagger

Exactly!
Here is an honest and truthful account of what Richards' fans actually feel.

Oh, what a load of crock. I am a Keith fan, and you know that I admire Mick very much. Your post is just as silly as the one you are replying to.

I thought you're Stones fan.
Anyone who hates Jagger (or Richards on this matter) can not be the Stones fan - in my opinion this is obvious. And yet this board is full of such people, especially Mick's haters. Why? I can not explain

Rubbish. You can like their music and strongly dislike the person. I have grown to freaking hate Keith Richards. Every year he gets more unlikable for obviously reasons. I actually liked him until he started spending every waking moment trying to act like a tough guy, wild man. The most annoying thing in rock history is that lame ahole lighting up a cig everytime he sees a camera. Ok Keith we get it already. Crists sake. I mean he even does this on both solo albums and the Book. God damn.. Enough.

I personally can't believe people think Jagger should play with that Ahole again. I actually think you must be a jerk to admire the guy. Nobody I hang around with would.

That being said. I love the Stones music and would buy a Keith solo album in a second. I would just make sure I never had to see the CD cover, which of course would be Ahole lighting up a cig for the camera.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 19, 2011 01:32

Rolling Hansie
proudmary
Anyone who hates Jagger (or Richards on this matter) can not be the Stones fan

... says the one who spent the last year on this board expressing how much she hates Keith ... really

True PM, this is a conclusion some of us might come to.

I certainly have a high level of annoyance after reading that book...not only because he slagged his business partner, but because it was so freakin' BORING!

What a relief to finally be able to talk about some new music, whether you like it or not. I think they are onto something here.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 19, 2011 02:33

this is getting like, super heavy.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: August 19, 2011 03:01

Natlanta

as I've written above, only a few minutes ago:

Some fans are real "fanatic", they "love" their idol, but they can't reach him. They are so much "in" the person they are fixed at, they can tell him what to do, what is the best, what he should do or what he has not to do.

But their idol shows no respect to those fans, he makes things the fans never thought of.

So much fans become desperately disappointed, they start to hate their idol.

And sometimes those frustrated people turn in to assassins, at the best only with offensive words ...

And some fans, especially stonesfans, are celebrating their everlasting youth and neverending age of puberty.

Ask your psycho ...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 19, 2011 12:12

To celebrate the flavor of Independence Day, VH1 will premiere Oscar winner AR Rahman and Superheavy’s latest single ‘Satyameva Jayathe’ along with the special video created by Vh1 viewers.

SuperHeavy - Satyameva Jayathe Official Music Video [HD]
[www.facebook.com]

The Man Behind SuperHeavy's Satyameva Jayate Lyrics
[www.radioandmusic.com]

MUMBAI: While all are applauding Mick Jagger, AR Rahman and the rest of the SuperHeavy team—Joss Stone, Dave Stewart and Damian Marley—for “Satyameva Jayate,” not many have taken note of the lyricist behind the song—Raqueeb Alam. The talented writer has collaborated with Oscar-winning AR Rahman several times in the past, too, including on “Ringa Ringa” from Slumdog Millionaire as well as other compositions including Ada, Blue and Connections.

“When ARji asked me to write lyrics for this track, I was really happy,” said Raqueeb Alam. “I believed that through this song I could write down what my heart felt and have it reach out to audiences—There is only one God—Satya/Truth—and there is only one religion—Satya/Truth—and if one accepts Truth then they can be successful in life. People aren’t able to find happiness even through earning lots of money but are able to find happiness through finding truth and Lord Buddha is an example of this, so we should join hearts with truth and not break hearts for false happiness. I am thankful to ARji for giving me the golden opportunity to write this historical song.”
see Song Lyrics on[www.reverbnation.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-19 12:28 by proudmary.

Date: August 19, 2011 13:51

Dave Stewart & A.R. Rahman on how SuperHeavy came about.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 19, 2011 13:56

Natlanta

Oh Man.

Best post on this site for freakin ages

Sweet one dude >grinning smiley<

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 19, 2011 14:41

no words about this A.R. Rahman. It´s just terrible.

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: August 19, 2011 15:07

I believe one of the reasons I can't even make myself pretend to like this crap happened on Oct.17th 2005 in Miami Fl. For some reason Mick decided to bring out Joss Stone to take Lisa's part on Night Time is the Right Time. I don't think I have ever seen anything else so musically wrong in my life. I had already seen a couple of shows prior to this and I knew that Night Time was one of the hi-lites of the show. I was shocked as I watched Joss Stone destroy a great cover song.
I could only think Lisa must be back stage somewhere throwing-up.
Super Heavy may be good for some people but it is not for true Stones fans.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 19, 2011 15:14

"Super Heavy may be good for some people but it is not for true Stones fans."

Hilarious. Get over yourself. At least Superheavey is remotely creative, something the Stones haven't managed for eons.....

Date: August 19, 2011 15:23

SuperHeavy Facebook [www.facebook.com]

You may have noticed that www.SuperHeavy.com has undergone a recent facelift. Take a look and let us know what you think.
More exciting features will be released over the coming weeks, so be sure to check back often to find out what SuperHeavy have been up to and how you can be a part of the project.

[www.superheavy.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 19, 2011 20:26

carlostones10
He is better than Roberto Carlos.....

Date: August 19, 2011 21:45

brianwalker
The most annoying thing in rock history is that lame ahole lighting up a cig everytime he sees a camera. Ok Keith we get it already. .

Obviously you are not a smoker brain, I think this is not a gimmick at all, he is just , sadly, really addicted to cigarettes. I did see a great recent interview with him where he did not smoke a cig the whole time. Late show or something. I think that was much harder for him. Besides who would want to show those rather scary , joint swollen hands to the camera? peace.

Date: August 19, 2011 21:52

No Quarter for Super Heavy. one acoustic guitar and the ghost of A. Crowley at the controls...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 19, 2011 22:29

Naturalust
brianwalker
The most annoying thing in rock history is that lame ahole lighting up a cig everytime he sees a camera. Ok Keith we get it already. .

Obviously you are not a smoker brain, I think this is not a gimmick at all, he is just , sadly, really addicted to cigarettes. I did see a great recent interview with him where he did not smoke a cig the whole time. Late show or something. I think that was much harder for him. Besides who would want to show those rather scary , joint swollen hands to the camera? peace.

Well, if you juxtapose those gnarly digits to a slender cig, it would probably look even worse!

Maybe Keith should start chomping on some fat-ass cigars!

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: August 19, 2011 23:45

lougio
I believe one of the reasons I can't even make myself pretend to like this crap happened on Oct.17th 2005 in Miami Fl. For some reason Mick decided to bring out Joss Stone to take Lisa's part on Night Time is the Right Time. I don't think I have ever seen anything else so musically wrong in my life. I had already seen a couple of shows prior to this and I knew that Night Time was one of the hi-lites of the show. I was shocked as I watched Joss Stone destroy a great cover song.
I could only think Lisa must be back stage somewhere throwing-up.
Super Heavy may be good for some people but it is not for true Stones fans.

True Stones fans? Christ, you really take yourself seriously. So you are dismissing something as crap before you've even heard it? You sound a bit more like a fangirl rather than a "true Stones fan" I mean, how dare that Mick Jagger do anything outside of the band he's been in for 50 years? eye rolling smiley

Date: August 19, 2011 23:48

carlostones10

"This" A.R Rahman? You talk about him as if he's some nobody from nowhere. He isn't. Far from it.

So what is it that you don't like about "this" A.R Rahman?

Date: August 19, 2011 23:55

treaclefingers
Naturalust
brianwalker

Well, if you juxtapose those gnarly digits to a slender cig, it would probably look even worse!

Maybe Keith should start chomping on some fat-ass cigars!

lmfao! It would fit his pirate image mo beta too. Virginia Slims those fingers aint. still smilin.

Date: August 20, 2011 01:29

Naturalust
brianwalker

really. he is so addicted that he can't even take an album cover picture without a cig. Please.. Its all about him wanting the outlaw look. Its all posing. Thats all he ever does. One trick Pony.

Date: August 20, 2011 01:31

brianwalker
Naturalust
brianwalker

really. he is so addicted that he can't even take an album cover picture without a cig. Please.. Its all about him wanting the outlaw hard living look. Its all posing. Thats all he ever does. One trick Pony.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 20, 2011 01:34

brianwalker
Its all about him wanting the outlaw look. Its all posing. Thats all he ever does. One trick Pony.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 20, 2011 02:35

brianwalker
brianwalker
Naturalust
brianwalker

really. he is so addicted that he can't even take an album cover picture without a cig. Please.. Its all about him wanting the outlaw hard living look. Its all posing. Thats all he ever does. One trick Pony.

By now it is WAY beyond his control, both the addiction and the image, so time to get over it bwalker. That shot of him with Patti and the two blond daughters in the room full of teddy bears that HE put in the book doesn't do your theory any good. A family man, who smokes alot more like the real story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-20 03:22 by Naturalust.

Date: August 20, 2011 15:52

Highly strung
Iain Shedden From: The Australian
DAVE Stewart gets vibrations -- generally, good ones. When they are really on song, as it were, they are like fireworks displays in his head.

....Work on Superheavy's debut album is finished. The intention, he says, was to make it a spontaneous recording, letting the music take it in whatever direction felt right.
"It was great," Stewart says. "We were recording in a big room and it was like a jam session that went on for weeks. Some of the songs were about an hour long before we thought we'd better edit them down a bit. We ended up coming out with 16 really strong songs."
That album is released next month, but there are plans to bring it to the stage as well, even if the logistics of having so many individual artists with their own careers to take care of poses a problem.
"We are talking about all of the different ways that we might perform, it," he says. "I personally want to create a festival called Superheavy. We'll be the curators and each member will invite another act to play. Then we'll have a smaller tent with up-and-coming acts and create a little Meltdown-type festival.
"We want to keep this fun and jamming thing going as well. Artists playing along with each other . . . that's a lot of what I'm about. Obviously we've all had the industry thing down our throat for years but, hey, remember when we just used to play?"

[www.theaustralian.com.au]

Superheavy festival? May be interesting

Q&A with Eurythmics' Dave Stewart
James Wigney From: Sunday Herald Sun

How did the astonishing array of talent in Super Heavy come together?

I had an idea for a fusion of strange music and cultures. It all came from me being in Jamaica and hearing these sound systems blasting from different villages. So I rang Mick and he was very interested and we met and experimented a bit and he said "this could be good -- let's ring some people".

What does each member bring to the table?

A.R. Rahman brings so much -- from massive orchestrations to his singing power. Damian Marley has a huge knowledge of all sorts of Jamaican rhythms. Joss brings everything from being a technically brilliant singer to a complete screaming wailer. Mick brings all his history and songwriting prowess. It's amazing.

With so many strong and successful musicians in one room, how do you manage the egos?

I think everyone walked in and thought "OK, I'm not the boss here". Everybody just hung their egos up at the door and started to take a role as a band member.

[www.heraldsun.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-20 15:58 by proudmary.

Date: August 20, 2011 15:58

Nice little piece about SuperHeavy in The Times review pull-out. It's part of the "everyone's taking about" feature so it must be garnering some attention.

"SuperHeavy, Mick Jagger's new supergroup

The supergroup has a chequered history. For every Cream (Eric Clapton's revered hook-up with Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce) there is an Asia (unholy marriage of King Crimson, Yes and the Buggles) But even though their success is far from guaranteed, these collisions of rock-star egos are never less than fascinating-- like the Avengers in comic books or the British Lions in rugby union. So it was inevitable that, when Mick Jagger decided to mess about in the studio with his close friends Dave Stewart of Eurythmics, the soul-child Joss Stone, Damain "Jr Gong" Marley, the son of Bob, and A.R Rahman, the Oscar-winning Indian composer who wrote the music for Slumdog Millionaie, there would be a smattering of interest.
With 19 Grammy's between them, SuperHeavy have an eponymous album out next month that features Jagger singing in Sanskrit. Before that there's a single, Miracle Worker, a bouyent slice of reggae-soul in which the Glimmer Twin's cackling growl is interpersed with Stone's burnished purr and Marley's Jamacian lilt.
The video--Which features witchcraft paraphernalia, shelves of skulls, Stewart having a tatoo done and Jagger cavorting in a pink satin suit--is clearly designed to give the impression of outlandish musical alchemy, although it feels at times like four middle-aged men perving over Joss Stone"

Date: August 20, 2011 22:04

"four middle-aged men perving over Joss Stone"

Ha, poor D.Marley - he's like 35, and anyway, he is placed in one age group with Jagger

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: August 21, 2011 07:46

proudmary
"four middle-aged men perving over Joss Stone"

I'd say it definitely has the creepy feeling of just two older men perving over Joss Stone.

However, they way I see it is that the two older guys have created a platform for the three younger, talented artists to shine in a different way. From the clips I've heard, the three sound great. Love Damien Marley's bits, and A.R. and Josh add a lot, also. They are the three stars of the project, even though Dave and Mick did the most work on it.

I predict they get a Grammy for Best World Music CD. It was a very creative, inventive vision, and they were able to turn it into something very interesting.

Hopefully, if they do any more videos, they'll be better than the Miracle Worker tacky video.

It'd be great if they can do a few live shows, also. That would be fun.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: August 21, 2011 09:33

proudmary
Q&A with Eurythmics' Dave Stewart
James Wigney From: Sunday Herald Sun

How did the astonishing array of talent in Super Heavy come together?

I had an idea for a fusion of strange music and cultures. It all came from me being in Jamaica and hearing these sound systems blasting from different villages. So I rang Mick and he was very interested and we met and experimented a bit and he said "this could be good -- let's ring some people".

Really? I thought it was because Nokia paid Dave to come up with something for some new technology platform, but whatever.

Date: August 21, 2011 12:39

The Renaissance of Sir Mick
By Joel Rubinoff, Popsmacked!
Mick Jagger's timeless, iconic appeal makes him a frequent reference in today's pop culture music. Evan Agostini/The Associated Press
Electrotrash queen Ke$ha, of all people, started the trend with her hit song Tik Tok, a sleazy ode to 21st century partying that included the unlikely lyric “the dudes are lining up ’cuz they hear we got swagger, but we kick ’em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger.’’

Wait a minute — Mick Jagger? The 68-year-old Rolling Stones frontman, who rose to fame in the free-livin’ ‘60s with his androgynous stage moves, surrealistically oversized tongue and authority-baiting drug busts?

The rooster-strutting chameleon who morphed from the slithery Prince of Darkness — “Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name’’— to a spandex-clad disco dandy to a leeringly flamboyant archetype for every rock star who followed?

I must be imagining things, I remember thinking — not that I don’t like the “swagger-Jagger” rhyme scheme.

But this rubber-lipped British upstart hasn’t had a hit in a quarter century, and The Stones have been missing in action since, depending on your point of view, (a) the end of their ’07 world tour or (b) 1972, when they put out their last really “good” album (yes, I know— Some Girls didn’t suck).

And then there was the unfortunate pairing of Sir Mick — in the original puffy shirt — with David Bowie on a cheesy ’80s remake of the Motown hit Dancing in the Street.

Factor in spats with guitarist Keith Richards — who painted his musical partner as a megalomaniac control freak with tiny genitals — and his ascension, biologically speaking, from swinging jet setter to craggy-faced grandfather of four (though comparisons to Grandpa Walton seem highly exaggerated) and whatever street cred he once harboured seems to have evaporated like profits in a Ponzi scheme.

And yet, here he is, back again. And again — if not cool, exactly, then timeless, enduring and somehow iconic.

“Take me by the tongue and I’ll know you,’’ croons Maroon 5’s Adam Levine on the current chart-topper Moves Like Jagger, a salaciously boastful ode to sexual possession with a whistled refrain that recalls the Stones’ falsetto hit, Miss You.

“Kiss me ‘til you’re drunk and I’ll show you . . . all the moves like Jagger.’’

And then there’s Cher Lloyd, the British pop upstart whose Swagger Jagger paints the mega-mouthed belter as a symbol of ageless attitude: “Swagger Jagger,’’ she yelps. “You should get some of your own.’’

Wait, there’s more: Kanye West asserting “My swagger is Mick Jagger” on the hip hop collaboration, Swagga Like Us, and electro-ciphers The Black Eyed Peas, boasting “All these girls, they like my swagger, they callin’ me Mick Jagger,’’ on The Time.

For crying out loud, even The Jonas Brothers — perky purveyors of puerile bop pop — get into the act on Heart and Soul: “That won’t matter,’’ croons the generically smiley singer. “If you can swagger like old Mick Jagger.’’

What, it seems relevant to ask, is this sudden obsession with all things Jagger? And why now?

“He’s a classic rock and roll icon,’’ notes Glenn Pelletier, the 570 News morning anchor who moonlighted as Jagger for years in the Stones tribute band, Sticky Fingers.

“But he’s also a pop icon and mega-celebrity — way more than just a rock singer. I think there’s a respect and appreciation for the fact he’s been able to do it so well for so long.’’

Seven more reasons Jaggermania has taken the pop charts by storm:

(1)He made Elvis Presley look like Pat Boone — and created a new prototype. “He was the first outlandish, raw, sexual, over-the-top lead singer,’’ insists Pelletier. “Iggy Pop has way more swagger, Steven Tyler (of Aerosmith) is arguably a better front man, but Jagger got there first.’’

(2)He’s still out there, still determined, still pitching. His new band, SuperHeavy, may not set the charts on fire with its garbled blend of reggae, Indian music and over-emoting Joss Stone vocal trills, but like Jagger in his heyday, it’s original, pushing boundaries. And you thought Steel Wheels was his last gasp.

(3)At 68, he’s improbably skinny, with an old man’s head grafted on the body of a 20-year-old gymnast.

Unlike, say, Billy Joel, David Crosby and late-career Elvis — who morphed into Papa Smurfs, Michelin Men and Pillsbury dough boys — Jagger gives the appearance of being unravaged by the perils of time. No grandpa gut on this geezer.

(4)His last name rhymes with “swagger”, a trendy pop buzzword. What else rhymes with swagger? Dagger? Carpetbagger? I don’t think so.

(5)He’s the antithesis of today’s tweeting-what-I-had-for-breakfast pop acts, with an enigmatic charm that, even 50 years later, gives him an aura of subversive mystery. It’s Keith Richards who’s always blabbing to the press. Jagger, the ultimate showman, wisely lets his music do the talking.

(6)Pop loves to celebrate its own past, and after 50 years, Jagger is a natural object of deification. Past luminaries: Buddy Holly, Big Bopper and Jagger himself (American Pie), Doris Day, Deep Purple (Life Is A Rock), Jagger again? (You’re So Vain), Brenda Lee (Radar Love), James Dean (Walk On The Wild Side).

(7)He’s Mick (bleep)in’ Jagger, for crying out loud. Seriously, what’s the matter with you ?
[www.guelphmercury.com]

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 21, 2011 13:52

It is unbelievable how embarrassing the Miracle Worker video is.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1631
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home