Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 63
Re: Super Heavy with Mick Jagger
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 9, 2011 13:51

A.R. Rahman, Mick Jagger release single ‘Satyameva Jayathe’

True to it's meaning, the song could not been released at a better time and just before India's Independence Day on 15th Aug. International legends such as Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart, Joss Stone and Damian Marley are collaborating on it as part of the global band SuperHeavy. Incidentally, Mick Jagger singing in Sanskrit on the track is a treat for all. And this song will be premiering exclusively on Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM today across 22 cities!

On the release of "Satyameva Jayathe" A R Rahman says, "When Dave said A R we want your voice in this album we want this to be a great Indian song too; a long dream for me was to take one of the morals of Indian culture which isSatyameva Jayathe and make it as a song. This is historic if Mick Jagger, Joss Stone, Damian '"Jr Gong" Marley and Dave Stewart and me come together for a song like this, it is iconic in a way. I hope people like it."

"Satyameva Jayathe" is the band's second single after the summer hit "Miracle Worker". The much awaited album drops on September 19th.

Devraj Sanyal, Managing Director, Universal Music India says, "There is little to say about the massive excitement we have in releasing a single and an album from a line up that is stellar & huge beyond description from our UMGI stable. What is interesting on this deal is the sheer size of the marketing wraparound that we have done for Satyameva Jayathe From a VH1 " Shot by You" which will see the creation & release of the global video of the song made by our fans here in India, to a substantialATL & BTL push through our partner Tata Docomo which will promote the song & the album on mass media, to the all India exclusive release of the song in 22 cities simultaneously on Radio Mirchi, to never before executed PR like having Mick Jagger and AR Rahman in the studio with Sunil Gavaskar at Edgbaston discussing Cricket and SuperHeavy, to finally the enormous play in our partner telcos. It's safe to say that no international song till date has ever received this kind of innovation driving it."

[timesofindia.indiatimes.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 9, 2011 13:55

i posted the link to an official stream of the song just two posts above here )

Date: August 9, 2011 14:20

In the Soviet Union (where I spent my childhood) they showed a huge number of Indian films and I just hated those movies, and especially music and dancing.
Who would have told me that Mick Jagger would sing an Indian song!
I know he is a big fan of Indian ragas

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 9, 2011 14:32

can somebody explain to me what exactly is "indian" in this contemporary-adult-fm-pop-rock song a part from the title and a few lines? bah...

Posted by: donteverstop ()
Date: August 9, 2011 16:59

I think India.

Date: August 9, 2011 17:55

I'm not really a fan of the idea of multiple vocalists on every track. If there was a predominatly Jagger track or two, I'd be all for this. I'm afraid I'm just not interested in playing a song to hear Mick chime in on a chorus or get the odd verse to himself. A real shame. The two tracks I've heard in their entirety now put me more in mind of Band-Aid or "We Are the World" and I really could have lived without that from Mick. A pity.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 9, 2011 18:03

I can be as critical as the next person, for Mick's solo outings, however I'm liking what I've heard thus far...even this is great, "Satyameva Jayathe"

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 9, 2011 18:10

Hm, anyone know how to buy it? There are other ways on how to get it, but I thought I'd just buy it if possible.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 9, 2011 19:29

I actually like it! It's really what I imagine to be radio pop in India - but mixed with nice reggae beats and toasting from Mr Marley...nice grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 10, 2011 04:44

The only mistake IMO on this release was to delay it until after summer...these two singles rock.

Very much looking forward to hearing the whole CD.

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: August 10, 2011 14:38

Miracle Worker (Teaser)

Date: August 11, 2011 11:58

Forty years on, Mick Jagger revives his flamingo look for new Superheavy video
By BEN TODD

The 1970s may have gone down in history as the decade that fashion forgot, but Sir Mick Jagger clearly disagrees.
The veteran rock star has turned back the clock 40 years by modelling a garish pink suit for his latest music video.
The 68-year-old wore a similarly flamboyant outfit way back in 1971 on Top Of The Pops singing the Rolling Stones hit Brown Sugar.

Coming up roses: Sir Mick Jagger in the Miracle Worker video wearing a bright pink suit

In the pink: Jagger wore a similarly-coloured suit performing with the Rolling Stones on Top Of The Pops back in 1971

He can be seen reprising the dubious look as he struts his stuff in the first video for SuperHeavy, the group he has formed with Dave Stewart and Joss Stone, which is to be released on the internet tomorrow.
The emergence of SuperHeavy is Sir Mick’s first separate band venture since the Rolling Stones were formed almost half a century ago.
Bob Marley’s son Damian and Indian film composer AR Rahman, an Oscar-winner for the Slumdog Millionaire score, make up the rest of the group performing their first single, Miracle Worker, in the video.
Former Eurythmics guitarist Stewart, 58, decided to put the supergroup together after being struck by a ‘flash’ of inspiration.
The band began to take shape in secrecy almost two years ago and has been rehearsing in Los Angeles.
Their eponymously titled album is due for release on September 19.
Sir Mick described their style as everything from ‘music reggae to ballads to Indian songs in Urdu’.

Muted: Jagger in a more conventional coloured suit with L'Wren Scott earlier this year

He explained: ‘Dave really wanted to make a record with a different group of musicians, in other words, with different backgrounds of music.
'Instead of everyone being a rock musician, or basically a blues musician, or some other genre, he wanted to get as many genres together that would fit. I said it sounds like a good idea.
‘For me, working with four other vocalists was interesting. I realised we all had a part to play.’
‘It’s very approachable. If you’re a Rolling Stones fan there’s definitely stuff you can relate to.
'Other stuff that you can’t relate to so much, maybe if you listen you’ll enjoy it.’

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 11, 2011 19:38

[www.nme.com]

Does the style of the picture remind a bit of Waiting on a friend - included Mick Jagger wearing a hat?

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: August 11, 2011 20:04

Sir Mick looks AMAZING. It pays to have a girlfriend who's a top stylist. If you click on the Daily Mail article, you can see the pinstripes in his flamingo suit and even more importantly, a smokin' hot performance of "Brown Sugar" by The Stones of TOTP 1971.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: August 11, 2011 20:20

Claire_M
Sir Mick looks AMAZING. It pays to have a girlfriend who's a top stylist. If you click on the Daily Mail article, you can see the pinstripes in his flamingo suit and even more importantly, a smokin' hot performance of "Brown Sugar" by The Stones of TOTP 1971.

couldn't agree with you more on this. Why are so many nagging? Mick looks stunning at his age and remember: the Brown Sugar recording is 40 years ago!!!!

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: August 11, 2011 20:32

why are so many nagging? because there are a lot of Stones fans who are big babies and can't stand to see Mick working with other people. i'm pretty sure fans of the Foo Fighters weren't crying in their beer when Dave Grohl worked with QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures and a bunch of other acts...

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: August 11, 2011 20:55

Totally agree with the above posters. Mick looks great and I really like what I've heard so far. Can't wait to get the release.

Date: August 12, 2011 00:11

MICK JAGGER’S SUPERHEAVY RELEASE TRACK LISTING FOR DEBUT ALBUM

A track listing has been released for the debut album from the Mick Jagger-fronted new group SuperHeavy, which is due in stores on Sept. 19. You can find the names of the 12 standard songs and four bonus tracks at the bottom of this story.

The above photo is a shot of Jagger from the new video for ‘Miracle Worker,’ which will arrive online sometime tomorrow. He’s never been one to be subtle with his actions and we gotta say, if you’re ever looking to leave a lasting impression while promoting a new endeavor, wearing a hot pink suit will certainly do the job!

Jagger gave an interview to the Daily Mail to talk more about SuperHeavy, something which he says evolved from an initial idea that producer/guitarist Dave Stewart had. Stewart, as he explains, “really wanted to make a record with a different group of musicians, in other words, with different backgrounds of music.”

The roots of SuperHeavy began to form two years ago and brought new creative inspiration to Jagger, who says “working with four other vocalists was interesting. I realized we all had a part to play.”

Writing twenty-two songs in the first six days, Stewart shares that the new collaboration had difficulties – with the band members being in different areas, it was hard to assemble them as a unit. He calls it “the most complicated record ever made,” and reveals that it was recorded in a variety of locations from L.A. to India.

Mick terms the material as “approachable” and says “if you’re a Rolling Stones fan there’s definitely stuff you can relate to.” He did note that there would be other material on the album that would not be as accessible, but challenged his listeners a bit by saying “maybe if you listen, you’ll enjoy it.”

The SuperHeavy method of jamming on material that was still developing was different for Jagger, who normally pre-writes Stones songs prior to recording, but he says that the new setting “resulted in some great work.”

You can read our review of the first single, ‘Miracle Worker’ and watch a preview of the video below.

Track listing for ‘Superheavy’:

‘Superheavy’
‘Unbelievable’
‘Miracle Worker’
‘Energy’
‘Satyameva Jayathe’
‘One Day One Night’
‘Never Gonna Change’
‘Beautiful People’
‘Rock Me Gently’
‘I Can’t Take It No More’
‘I Don’t Mind’
‘World Keeps Turning

Bonus tracks:
‘Mihaya’
‘Warring People’
‘Common Ground’
‘Hey Captain’

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Date: August 12, 2011 00:22

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-12 00:25 by proudmary.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 12, 2011 02:58

that apron is crucial.

Date: August 12, 2011 10:25

Roger Friedman

Mick Jagger–this column was FIRST to report that he was planning a new album without the Rolling Stones. His supergroup, called SuperHeavy, debuts its first video tomorrow on Vevo.com with a song called “Miracle Worker.” The album hits us on September 20th. All five members of the gang get writing credit on every song–Jagger, Damian Marley, Joss Stone, Dave Stewart, and composer A.R. Rahman. Will it be good? Who knows? And what about the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary in 2012? Jagger must be really be angry with Keith Richards over his book. Anyway, here are the song titles. And some pictures. Let’s cross our fingers.

1.Superheavy (Jagger/Marley/Stone/Stewart/Rahman)
2.Unbelievable (Jagger/Marley/Stone/Stewart/Rahman)
3.Miracle Worker (Jagger/Marley/Stone/Stewart/Rahman)
4.Energy (Jagger/Marley/Stone/Stewart)
5. Satyameva Jayathe (Rahman /Marley/Stone)
6.One Day One Night (Jagger/Marley/Stone/Stewart/Rahman)
7.Never Gonna Change (Jagger/Stewart)
8.Beautiful People (Jagger/Marley/Stone/Stewart/Rahman)
9.Rock Me Gently (Marley/Stone/Stewart)
10.I Can’t Take It No More (Jagger)
11.I Don’t Mind (Jagger/Marley/Stone/Stewart)
12. World Keeps Turning (Stone/Marley/Jagger/Stewart)
Bonus tracks:
1. Mihaya (Rahman/Stone/Marley)
2. Warring People (Jagger/ Marley/ Stone/ Rahman)
3. Common Ground (Jagger/ Marley/ Stone/ Stewart)
4. Hey Captain (Jagger/ Marley/ Stone/ Stewart)

[www.showbiz411.com]

Date: August 12, 2011 14:12

Seems like the video launch on Facebook drags out a bit...

Date: August 12, 2011 14:15

Now it's up:

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: August 12, 2011 14:20

You beat me to it Dandilion.

Thanks smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 12, 2011 14:24

Oh dear - he looks like Cliff Richard in that pink suit...

Love the track though.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 12, 2011 15:09

Dr Trik, back in the voodoo lounge...

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: August 12, 2011 15:20

I think Dave Stewart would like to be like cool like Keith. Look at the clip when he's get out from tattoo salon. He's trying to be cool but c'mon it's far far far from KR.

Posted by: zeus ()
Date: August 12, 2011 15:36

I think Mick wore pink to stand out from all these talented musicians, ego trip I believe, usual Mick.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: August 12, 2011 15:40

zeus
I think Mick wore pink to stand out from all these talented musicians, ego trip I believe, usual Mick.

Rather than the fact that he was wearing it because he was playing a role in the video. He's supposed to be a weird occultist/miracle worker/surgeon of love, so you'd expect him to dress a bit, erm, differently shall we say.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 12, 2011 15:44

no missing him in the pink pinstriped suit that's for sure...it makes a double loud statement..(hello Keith)...but I don't see the similarity with his look from the 70's...the previous suit was pale pink satin. Satin is only used on the lapels of tuxedos for men and is primarily seen as a woman's suiting. What the suit in the 70's represented was androgyny.

video is OK, the song is catchy. But I doubt it will be bigger on the radio than "Moves Like Jagger" which is played every hour on top 40 radio...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home