Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 4, 2010 17:56

YIKES!!!
It is just like whistling and using the remote too much on the TV,
it only fun for the one doing it cool smiley

Thanks for the warning Fanny.... : )
But do the Brasil fans have logic to the drums? based on filed action?
or is it continuous ..like the bee swarms ?.... btw- did you hear about
all of the people who are allergic to bees getting symthoms just from
watching World Cup matches?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-04 18:06 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:01

kleermaker
How about his kicking technics? Is he two-legged? In that case I could call Van Marwijk, being Johan.

Alright Johan. Not sure about his kicking technics, but he can jump very high. And of course he has 2 legs, already told you that he can run very fast ... DOH
(Te flauw eigenlijk, maar ik kon het toch niet laten) smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 4, 2010 18:04

Max'sKansasCity
btw- did you hear about
all of the people who are allergic to bees getting symthoms just from
watching World Cup matches?

LOL Max, no I haven't heard about that yet. How terrible.
BTW it's not OK to put smileys in the header of the message.

-------------------

Date: July 4, 2010 18:06

I wondered where that smile face went .... fixed.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:13

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker
How about his kicking technics? Is he two-legged? In that case I could call Van Marwijk, being Johan.

Alright Johan. Not sure about his kicking technics, but he can jump very high. And of course he has 2 legs, already told you that he can run very fast ... DOH

(Te flauw eigenlijk, maar ik kon het toch niet laten)

Wat zal het eenvoudig zijn even een weekje in het Hollands te chatten

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-04 20:51 by NICOS.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:17

shortfatfanny
I´m the last to demand a ban for anyone,but as I´ve mentioned before,it´s simply injustice and too short to ban Suarez for one match.
But why? Disciplinary actions have to be based on objective criteria. As far as I know, nobody was ever given more than a one-match ban in a similar situation. Also, there is no ongoing debate about implementing such a rule, at least there wasn't before last Friday, which is what matters.

Changing the rules during the game is a bigger injustice than anything Suarez ever did. If you want to propose that the rules be changed (one might wonder what exactly that change would entail, though), that's fine, but such a change won't be imposed retroactively.

Date: July 4, 2010 18:23

I read this today....

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Fifa has confirmed that the Uruguay striker Luis Suárez could miss the rest of the World Cup following his handball against Ghana. Suárez was given a straight red card for saving a goalbound-header on the line in extra-time, Ghana missed the resulting penalty and Uruguay went through to the semi-final after winning a shoot-out

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:29

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker

Okay, in that case I'll call Bert. Harm, prepare for a trip to South Africa and don't let us down. See you on my tellie next Tuesday and don't forget your earplugs.

PS: Here are some last tactical instructions.
1. If you have a chanche to score, do it (unless it's in front of your own goal, in that case you better don't score).
2. Each disadvantage has its advantage. So when you'll accidentally score an own goal, you'll be more motivated to score twice in the opponent's goal.
3. Last but most important instruction: don't shave your beard on the day of the match.

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-04 18:47 by kleermaker.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:35

Max'sKansasCity
I read this today....

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Fifa has confirmed that the Uruguay striker Luis Suárez could miss the rest of the World Cup following his handball against Ghana. Suárez was given a straight red card for saving a goalbound-header on the line in extra-time, Ghana missed the resulting penalty and Uruguay went through to the semi-final after winning a shoot-out

That was Saturday morning, though.

Its since been confirmed that he'll just get the standard 1-match ban.

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Date: July 4, 2010 18:44

Thanks Gazza, I am hesitant to even post about the rules......
but I might advise people to shy away from saying things like
"the 'Hand Of God' now belongs to me" ..I migh think that woiuld
not go over well with others....eeeekkk ....

and actually ...one match.. two match.. ten match, will it matter after Tuesday?
HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!

edit-
oh they do play a match to decide 3rd place match, eh?
so I suppose it could matter, if they care about 3rd or 4th place or 16th place..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-04 18:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 4, 2010 18:51

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
I read this today....

[www.guardian.co.uk]

That was Saturday morning, though.

Its since been confirmed that he'll just get the standard 1-match ban.

[news.bbc.co.uk]

The point that's been made is that a red cart doesn't automatically lead to a standard punishment as is the case with 2 yellow cards.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: July 4, 2010 19:17

kleermaker
The point that's been made is that a red cart doesn't automatically lead to a standard punishment as is the case with 2 yellow cards.
That's obviously true and also very much beside the point. I maintain that, to the best of my knowledge, no one has ever received more than a one match ban for a handball. To suddenly suspend Suarez for more than one match without precedent or prior policy, would amount to abuse of power.
Also...

And Ghana defender John Pantsil was adamant that his team would have resorted to the same tactics as Suarez.

"The goal should have stood rather than the player being sent off. Yes, that is the case," said the Fulham defender.

"In the same situation, there is no chance the Ghana players would have used our hand. In any case, we would have made sure we would clear the ball with our head."
LIAR LIAR PANTSIL ON FIRE!
I'm so incredibly annoyed by these gratuitous statements. He can easily say this because the situation didn't occur so we can't disprove him, but EVERYBODY knows that at least some of Ghana's players (they have 20 field players, after all) would've done the same thing. He knows this too, so he's lying on purpose.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2010 19:29

Max'sKansasCity
oh they do play a match to decide 3rd place match, eh?

they do - its on Saturday. Tends to be a bit of a 'flat beer' occasion, though.

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: July 4, 2010 19:30

Max'sKansasCity

and actually ...one match.. two match.. ten match, will it matter after Tuesday?
HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!

I have some questions for you (and for all who wants to reinvent the wheel) with my poor english:

What happen if a player it's alone to score and the goalkeeper kick him wildly to avoid the action? I tell you: red card to the goalkeeper, penalty and the goalkeeper loose one match.

What happen if a player it's alone to score and the last defense take him wildly to avoid the action? I tell you: red card to him, penalty and he loose one match.

What happen if a player it's alone to score and a defense put the hand convertly and cleverly to avoid the action? I tell you: red card him, penalty and he loose one match.

WHICH IS THE DIFFERENCE? FOR YOU IT'S A CHEAT, ISN'T IT? THEN YOU COULD TALK ABOUT A THOUSANDS OF CASES WITH THIS PASSION, NOT ONLY SUAREZ CASE!

One more please that I really want your answer: DID YOU SEE FOUL IN FAVOR OF GHANA IN THE LAST MINUTE?

ONE LIE TOLD A THOUSANDS TIMES, IT'S NOT THE TRUTH, DON´T YOU KNOW THAT?

Have a little respect to Uruguay, we wrote a big part of the history of the football being a small, poor but proud country.

I invite you to see this, translate it if you wish:

URUGUAY NOMAS !!!
BEST REGARDS
ALEJANDRO

Date: July 4, 2010 19:31

FreeBird
kleermaker
That's obviously true and also very much beside the point. I maintain that, to the best of my knowledge, no one has ever received more than a one match ban for a handball. To suddenly suspend Suarez for more than one match without precedent or prior policy, would amount to abuse of power.
Also...

And Ghana defender John Pantsil was adamant that his team would have resorted to the same tactics as Suarez.

"The goal should have stood rather than the player being sent off. Yes, that is the case," said the Fulham defender.

"In the same situation, there is no chance the Ghana players would have used our hand. In any case, we would have made sure we would clear the ball with our head."
LIAR LIAR PANTSIL ON FIRE!
I'm so incredibly annoyed by these gratuitous statements. He can easily say this because the situation didn't occur so we can't disprove him, but EVERYBODY knows that at least some of Ghana's players (they have 20 field players, after all) would've done the same thing. He knows this too, so he's lying on purpose.

I suppose you're a fierce Ajax-Amsterdam and thus Suarez fan, Freebird. Well, you'll miss him then next season. He will certainly go to another club, with his divine hands. Or he'll replace football with volleyball. He'll be a great blocker.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 4, 2010 19:38

aralla
Max'sKansasCity

HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!

I have some questions for you (and for all who wants to reinvent the wheel) with my poor english:

What happen if a player it's alone to score and the goalkeeper kick him wildly to avoid the action? I tell you: red card to the goalkeeper, penalty and the goalkeeper loose one match.

What happen if a player it's alone to score and the last defense take him wildly to avoid the action? I tell you: red card to him, penalty and he loose one match.

What happen if a player it's alone to score and a defense put the hand convertly and cleverly to avoid the action? I tell you: red card him, penalty and he loose one match.

WHICH IS THE DIFFERENCE? FOR YOU IT'S A CHEAT, ISN'T IT? THEN YOU COULD TALK ABOUT A THOUSANDS OF CASES WITH THIS PASSION, NOT ONLY SUAREZ CASE!

One more please that I really want your answer: DID YOU SEE FOUL IN FAVOR OF GHANA IN THE LAST MINUTE?

Have a little respect to Uruguay, we wrote a big part of the history of the football being a small, poor but proud country.

URUGUAY NOMAS !!!
BEST REGARDS
ALEJANDRO

loved the music with the video smiling smiley

Date: July 4, 2010 19:42

aralla
Max'sKansasCity

HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!

URUGUAY NOMAS !!!
BEST REGARDS
ALEJANDRO

Of course we all have much (not only a little) respect for Uruguay. They have achieved something very big indeed in this WC. Personally I don't like the way Suarez has reacted after his action. But I think Suarez is a very good player (though also a very good diver: he has a reputation here as a player of Ajax-Amsterdam). But I've said it before: all teams in the half finals are great teams that play attractively and very well. You bet we take Uruguay very seriously here in Holland!

Date: July 4, 2010 19:44

Thank you, it's MURGA rhythm, typical music here.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: July 4, 2010 19:50

aralla

traditional national music ? smiling smiley
btw your nation must be exited about world cup...
i like your team

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 4, 2010 19:52

In a league match, a straight red card can result in a 3 match ban. I'd like to see the same for blatant mtach altering cheating like Suarez

The sad thing is, up until now i've gotten behind Uruguay, now I simply hope they get beat heavily

Date: July 4, 2010 19:55

aralla

traditional national music ? smiling smiley
btw your nation must be exited about world cup...
i like your team

Tango & Folklore (with Argentina), Candombe (black roots) and Murga are traditional national music here.
Thanks again!

Date: July 4, 2010 19:58

andy js
In a league match, a straight red card can result in a 3 match ban. I'd like to see the same for blatant mtach altering cheating like Suarez

The sad thing is, up until now i've gotten behind Uruguay, now I simply hope they get beat heavily

Hahaha, bla bla cheat bla bla cheat... What a shame!
Can you answer the questions above?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 4, 2010 20:12

Why all the hussle and bussle about one match suspention or two or three?
He is not playing the final anyway smileys with beer

Date: July 4, 2010 20:21

Harm

Never sell the skin of the beard before hunt it my friend!
Brasil did it once! hehe
winking smiley

Date: July 4, 2010 20:24

aralla
Harm

Brasil did it once! hehe
winking smiley

I know, just kidding, I will try to go to South Africa after the game

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 4, 2010 20:25

Come on Holland

Date: July 4, 2010 20:30

Harm
aralla
Harm

Brasil did it once! hehe
winking smiley

Well, I will try to go BEFORE the final! smileys with beer
SAVE THE PLANET
My best

Date: July 4, 2010 20:42

Harm
Why all the hussle and bussle

Good question Harm. But you better get ready to play next tuesday.

-------------------

Date: July 4, 2010 20:48

aralla
Harm
aralla
Harm

Brasil did it once! hehe
winking smiley

SAVE THE PLANET
My best

After the semi finals of course cool smiley

Date: July 4, 2010 20:57

Harm
aralla
Harm
aralla
Harm

Brasil did it once! hehe
winking smiley

SAVE THE PLANET
My best

After the semi finals of course cool smiley

Harm, don't tempt the gods. We need you next Tuesday. Don't risk to watch an Uruguay - Spain/Germany final after having travelled so long and so far!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2187
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home