Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 4, 2010 12:51

shortfatfanny
Gazza
A straight red is the same as two yellow cards - which would have got a one match ban.

A straight red can lead to a one match ban,whereas two yellow in following matches or within one must lead to a one match ban.

So there would´ve been for sure the possibility for the comittee to ban him
for more than one match.

So he might miss the biggest match of his carreer but it´s not impossible for him
to play the final and raise the cup which is an awful imagination.

Just my thoughts about this.

So you want to expell every player that fouls, pulls jerseys and brake the games rules? There would be nobody standing. A bunch of players that DID commit fouls WILL raise the Cup at the end.As did Zidane in 98 and many others.
Bottom line our Ghanean friend missed the penalty kick.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 4, 2010 13:06

kleermaker
It's quite amazing how quickly you've become an expert like the most of us who often have watched football for decades.

But for now: let's enjoy the half finals that are about to come and hope for really exciting and fair games!
I like all teams that are still in the tournament, they're all great and attractive to watch. But I surely hope Holland will win the cup this time!

Wow Kleer, thanks for the compliments, but I am no expert.. yet.
I will keep watching and learning, and I may even try an MLS match,
but with not as much at stake, it may not be as intense..

Like you I am hoping for well played and well called matches.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 4, 2010 13:13

carlitosbaez
Ok making a wrong joke from ONE SPANIARD, my excuses to all of you,

Vaaaaaamosssss ESPAÑA!!!!

And by the way Larissa never got naked in Paraguay, because they didn´t win!!!
Pics from a couple hours ago... pobrecita...

Carlitos

It's ok Carlitos,no need to apologize.smileys with beer.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: July 4, 2010 14:25

What Pizarro, Franco, and Cortes have to do with this?
as I told since the begining I am not agree with you, but I respect it, you are being radical calling me little fascist, go to the same public library and check that word out por favor. Of course I don´t know who has to tell your decitions, and never said the opposite, it surprised me you didn´t said anything about Spain, that´s all. About Ronaldo and Maradona as you said my attitide is the same when you write about Holland and there´s no Catalonian team in this WC, just opinions.
Who is the radical over here and who behave as Fascist?
Hoping football and political ideas don´t cloud over you and can be friends over here, you have to understand you have your ideas and mines, but don´t call me little fascist my friend...
Big Hug from those 3000 kilometres from Barcelona
Carles (Carlitos)
Tenerife

llargueras
Carlitos "making friends" all around the world. Not bad!!!
Do you think is allright that you may support Barça team leaving in the Canary Islands, aprox 3000 km distance, and I can't support Holland, aprox 1500 km from home.
Which are your rules?
Please visit a public library and check the spanish history books. Please take special attention with Pizarro and Cortes (in Neil Young words, the killer). Also you will find chapters of the spanish inquisition. Finally, General Franco, with a huge list of "desaparecidos"
Listen "amigo", you are nobody to tell me to whom I should support, to whom I should applause and to whom I should love. Your attitude with Cristiano Ronaldo, Maradona and even with me is a little fascist, so Carlitos, GAME OVER

Date: July 4, 2010 14:47

I wonder why people have fun making jokes and bashing Maradona.
He was about the best player in the world ever,and yes,he is a weird guy.
He cannot help the way he is..He is a passionate Argentine and feels horrible at the moment.As cheap as bullfighting.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: July 4, 2010 14:59

Well, because as a manager Maradona is nothing but a joke and this is his own fault. He always has a big mouth, he invited injured players to the national team, he invited players just to uninvite them. He left a press conference in March after a friendly match Germany as Argentina when he felt offended cause he thought a ballboy was sitting next to him, but it was german player Thomas Müller who just made his debut in the german team and he didn't know him even after he played against his team! He invited more than 100 players. He almost failed to qualify for the Worldcup although he has a bunch of worldclass players at his disposal. He failed to make a team out of this world class players. And so on...

Date: July 4, 2010 15:01

TOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Date: July 4, 2010 15:03

Press today...

Date: July 4, 2010 15:07

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: July 4, 2010 15:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-05 19:21 by Massimo68.

Date: July 4, 2010 15:21

firebird
Well, because as a manager Maradona is nothing but a joke and this is his own fault. He always has a big mouth, he invited injured players to the national team, he invited players just to uninvite them. He left a press conference in March after a friendly match Germany as Argentina when he felt offended cause he thought a ballboy was sitting next to him, but it was german player Thomas Müller who just made his debut in the german team and he didn't know him even after he played against his team! He invited more than 100 players. He almost failed to qualify for the Worldcup although he has a bunch of worldclass players at his disposal. He failed to make a team out of this world class players. And so on...

Well what about Brazil?..Every good playig team has it's bad days,just like Germany..And Argentina played some great games in this tournament,don't forget that..
And yes ,Maradona has a sick mind in a way.
I see him as a footbal player.He lifted it to a higher level.

You can compare him to Bobby Fischer (†) A genius chess player,but a rather weird guy.
No Chessplayer bashes him,but feels sorry he got of the rails.
Remember them as sportsman.

Date: July 4, 2010 15:37

And all around every corner of this wonderful country, contrasts, different languages,gastronomy and ideas, people, the press!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 4, 2010 15:42

I was running an hour ago and it crossed my mind that Argentina is looking for someone to replace that clown Primadonna and Van Gaal is looking for a team with whom he can win.....

Date: July 4, 2010 15:42

Massimo68

Thanks for posting that one. Disgusting "sport". Medieval.
Hope this "hero" looses his balls ( winking smiley )forever.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: July 4, 2010 15:44

Amsterdamned
firebird

Well what about Brazil?..Every good playig team has it's bad days,just like Germany..And Argentina played some great games in this tournament,don't forget that..
And yes ,Maradona has a sick mind in a way.
I see him as a footbal player.He lifted it to a higher level.

You can compare him to Bobby Fischer (†) A genius chess player,but a rather weird guy.
No Chessplayer bashes him,but feels sorry he got of the rails.
Remember them as sportsman.

I think both Brazil is a total different story. I am convinced Brazil's Manager Dunga prepared the team very well, but they are lacking discipline on the pitch. They never hold their positions, sometimes four midfielders were in the same spot and its easy to defend when space is not being used. At he sam time, Holland has two players with the ability to win a game on their own from time to time (Robben and Snijder). I am a big fan of Robben cause he is such a good player and still not a big mouth. It's funny, everybody in the world know his moves and how he plays but nobody can stopp him as he is just too fast.
Comparing Fischer and Maradona has something, yes. The difference between Fischer and Maradona is, that Fischer was always only responsible for himself. No one would have come up with the idea of making him a team manager, i think even Fischer himself would deny if somebody had offered him such a job.

Date: July 4, 2010 15:50

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 4, 2010 16:02

Harm
I was running

Why ? smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 4, 2010 16:04

<Comparing Fischer and Maradona has something, yes. The difference between Fischer and Maradona is, that Fischer was always only responsible for himself. No one would have come up with the idea of making him a team manager, i think even Fischer himself would deny if somebody had offered him such a job.> <Firebird>

Agreed.. but it's the Argentinean Football League that gave Maradona the Job. Who's responsible ?

Date: July 4, 2010 16:05

Rolling Hansie
Harm
I was running

Why ? smiling smiley

Just in case I have to replace Van Persie

Date: July 4, 2010 16:10

Harm

LOL That's not a bad idea.

-------------------

Date: July 4, 2010 16:15

Rolling Hansie
Harm

Actually I don't understand why they don't often talk about Huntelaar. I think he could be more dangerous than Van Persie right now. Let him start and he won't let you down

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 4, 2010 16:29

Amsterdamned
I wonder why people have fun making jokes and bashing Maradona.
He was about the best player in the world ever,and yes,he is a weird guy.
He cannot help the way he is..He is a passionate Argentine and feels horrible at the moment.As cheap as bullfighting.

Because he's a fat cheating c$@t and the hand of god just dealt him a big slap around the chins

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 4, 2010 16:29

Harm
Rolling Hansie
Harm

Actually I don't understand why they don't often talk about Huntelaar. I think he could be more dangerous than Van Persie right now. Let him start and he won't let you down

I agree. Huntelaar or Harm (if he keeps on running). Another possibility would be Afelay. Van Persie is struggling with himself until now.

Date: July 4, 2010 16:36

kleermaker
Huntelaar or Harm (if he keeps on running)

I would go for Harm. He can even outrun Speedy Gonzales

-------------------

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 4, 2010 16:37

sweetcharmedlife
filstan
tatters
I wonder why a sport in which the score is often 0-0 after a bunch of guys have run back and forth for several hours has never caught on in America.

Tired rhetoric, from a cynical point of view. Fans don't care if people such as you like the sport anymore. Close games in all sports are attractive to the fans that enjoy those particular sports.

Meanwhile, let those who enjoy this sport have some fun while the World Cup is on. This tournament has been very entertaining for many, millions of people. If you don't like it don't watch.
Yes,I must say I have never been a real big soccer fan (yes I call it soccer). But as an over all sports junkie,I thought I would check the event out. It helped to be involved in a couple of pools to peak my sports junkie/betting interest. But I will say that as the tournament has gone on and I have watched more games than I ever have. It has caught my interest. Particularly once it reached the knockout stage and teams started to play to win,rather than just survive. The games today were quite entertaining. Looking forward to the semifinals....Espicially if Germany wins.

Do you have to watch it with the sound turned off? The constant drone of those plastic bugles for even a few minutes would drive me to madness.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 4, 2010 16:45

So we will see Germany the 12Th time in a semi-final at the world cup. SEven times they reached the final.
Just great!!!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 4, 2010 16:49

..that's the feel good message for sure....they re invented their team....all those young guys....what a great story...

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 4, 2010 16:52

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker
Huntelaar or Harm (if he keeps on running)

I would go for Harm. He can even outrun Speedy Gonzales

How about his kicking technics? Is he two-legged? In that case I could call Van Marwijk, being Johan.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 4, 2010 17:01

tatters
Do you have to watch it with the sound turned off? The constant drone of those plastic bugles for even a few minutes would drive me to madness.
The vulvahorns are kind of like the posters who OVERpost 200-300 pictures on these forum pages clogging it all up and obscurring comments .... they are both just something you just have to deal with, becasue asking them to stop does not good. ..... but there are tricks you can use.

One trick to "turn down" the vulvahorn BEE SWARMS is to play some music on the stereo in the background during a match - TURN UP THE TREBLE.... that tends to "blend away" the swarms of bees. I think the saddest thing about the vulvahorns is how they have eleminated the natural crowd reactions during matches.

The people blowing thsoe stupid horns are not watching ..they are just blowing and blowing and blowing without regard to field action, so anyway...The stereo kind of drowns the nosie ...but also the announcers, so you goota watch close, but really the announcers are not that great..and the background stereo music actually it makes it more of a party...... so it is all good.

edit -
HEY LQQK!!!!

It our good friend RONNIE FKN WOOD !! at the Wimbledon finals....
LMAO ... With cameras on him Ronnie keeps putting his hand on his
girl frineds knee.and she keeps pushing him away...how funny...
good ole Ronnie, I always liked him : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-04 17:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 4, 2010 17:48

leteyer
shortfatfanny
Gazza
A straight red is the same as two yellow cards - which would have got a one match ban.

A straight red can lead to a one match ban,whereas two yellow in following matches or within one must lead to a one match ban.

So there would´ve been for sure the possibility for the comittee to ban him
for more than one match.

So he might miss the biggest match of his carreer but it´s not impossible for him
to play the final and raise the cup which is an awful imagination.

Just my thoughts about this.

So you want to expell every player that fouls, pulls jerseys and brake the games rules? There would be nobody standing. A bunch of players that DID commit fouls WILL raise the Cup at the end.As did Zidane in 98 and many others.
Bottom line our Ghanean friend missed the penalty kick.

Where did I say this ? I´m not defending FIFA´s stupid punishment catalogue where
players for pulling out the jersey in two games getting two yellow cards are banned for the next match.

As far as I know there´s a committe who judges about a straight red card and
the lenghth of a ban.
It´s just not true that it is automatically a ban for one match.

I´m the last to demand a ban for anyone,but as I´ve mentioned before,it´s simply
injustice and too short to ban Suarez for one match.

Sure,Ghana had three chances in the end to win the game :
one was prevented by Suarez,the next two they failed to succeed.

According to the rules and for formal aspects Suarez one match ban might be correct,but not in
my opinion.

Max,I don´t think we will agree about the horns during this tournament,but
you are aware where the next WC is happening ?

You better prepare yourself for a bigger bang...

the samba drums ....each culture has its own equipment to enjoy the match.

You may also ask the dutch department concerning their fanbase in former days :

The dutch vuvuzelas...

Hard to stand,I tell you.....but real fun on the other hand...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home