Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697
Current Page: 97 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 7, 2010 23:25

I did not know the teams were paid 30 million and 24 million for winning
That is some nice cash for the final two teams ... do internet supporters get any of that? grinning smiley

....and it is almsot funny that the fines for cards passed out
were only $14,000 and $9,000 compared to the millions in awards money.... LOL.

I dont know if this has been posted yet or not, but I found it interesting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Netherlands, Spain fined for WCup final behavior

""The Netherlands and Spain have been fined by FIFA for their
players' lack of discipline in a bad-tempered World Cup final.

FIFA said Tuesday the Dutch federation must pay $14,480 after
eight different players received yellow cards, including defender
John Heitinga, who was booked a second time and sent off.

English referee Howard Webb showed five yellow cards to Spain,
earning its federation a $9,650 fine.

FIFA's disciplinary code has a clause on team misconduct calling
for a federation to be fined when at least five of its players are
sanctioned in a match.

Spain won 1-0 in the July 11 final on Andres Iniesta's
extra-time goal after the Netherlands was reduced to 10 players.

The match set a record for most cards received in a World Cup final,
beating the six yellows shown when Argentina beat West Germany 3-2 in
the 1986 final.

The final also was the worst behaved of the 64 matches played in South Africa. Chile and Switzerland players combined for nine yellows and a straight red card in a group-stage game.

FIFA paid Spain $30 million in prize money for winning the tournament, and the Netherlands was awarded $24 million.""

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 8, 2010 00:40

Yes Max, the federations of both countries have sleepless nights over those fines LOL

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 8, 2010 00:45

I never knew football could be so rough!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 8, 2010 01:40

I only like football if there is a WC or EC and maybe one week after.......then it's done for me

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 8, 2010 01:59

NICOS
I only like football if there is a WC or EC and maybe one week after.......then it's done for me

EC and WC are great, but in between there´s a lot of football to play,
for instance from my team: HSV Hamburg

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 8, 2010 10:27

Who is that big guy on the left, dressed in red and blue ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 8, 2010 10:33

Rolling Hansie

That´s our new forward from Holland...grinning smiley
No, it´s Hermann, the dinosaur, named after
a very popular masseur, who worked for the
team for 25 years.

Date: August 8, 2010 10:34

Now show your teams!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 8, 2010 15:38

Borussia Mönchengladbach

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 8, 2010 16:28

Max'sKansasCity
I did not know the teams were paid 30 million and 24 million for winning
That is some nice cash for the final two teams ... do internet supporters get any of that? grinning smiley

....and it is almsot funny that the fines for cards passed out
were only $14,000 and $9,000 compared to the millions in awards money.... LOL.

I dont know if this has been posted yet or not, but I found it interesting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Netherlands, Spain fined for WCup final behavior

""The Netherlands and Spain have been fined by FIFA for their
players' lack of discipline in a bad-tempered World Cup final.

FIFA said Tuesday the Dutch federation must pay $14,480 after
eight different players received yellow cards, including defender
John Heitinga, who was booked a second time and sent off.

English referee Howard Webb showed five yellow cards to Spain,
earning its federation a $9,650 fine.

FIFA's disciplinary code has a clause on team misconduct calling
for a federation to be fined when at least five of its players are
sanctioned in a match.

Spain won 1-0 in the July 11 final on Andres Iniesta's
extra-time goal after the Netherlands was reduced to 10 players.

The match set a record for most cards received in a World Cup final,
beating the six yellows shown when Argentina beat West Germany 3-2 in
the 1986 final.

The final also was the worst behaved of the 64 matches played in South Africa. Chile and Switzerland players combined for nine yellows and a straight red card in a group-stage game.

FIFA paid Spain $30 million in prize money for winning the tournament, and the Netherlands was awarded $24 million.""

Max, do you also know what fine that horrible referee had to pay for blowing this match to death, for talking so much and long every time he used his whistle, for not using the advantage rule and for giving all those cards (14)?

I still don't understand that they appointed this Englishman for this match: because he already had lead a match with Spain (and was heavily critized by the Spanish - of course, I would add) so he was certainly biased even before the match had started (afraid of being critized by the Spanish fury again), because his mentality was too defensive (not to make a mistake instead of leading the match well) and because he had a widely spread bad reputation because of using cards instead of natural authority (which he hasn't). What would be a right fine for spoiling a WC-final by a ref? I wonder ...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 8, 2010 17:22

Rolling Hansie
Carlitos????

Date: August 8, 2010 18:18

kleermaker
.... What would be a right fine for spoiling a WC-final by a ref? I wonder ...

People who actually watched the match know what happened.
That match was a tie, the best team may not have won, it
was decided by a an Englishman who should not have been there.
I am not slamming Spain, they had a good team, but not the best,
they could hardly score single goals throughout the World Cup,
and look at the team that did beat them..... while The Nedlerlands was undefeated.

The teams were closely matched, too bad it could not end in a tie,
with both teams being crowned World Champs. Ties happen so much in
football......why not in the final.....oh well.... not for me to decide,
Let the lucky have thier tainted Cup, but they should be more humble about it.

I can think of several possible "suitable fines" for the ref, but maybe best not
to post them in public..... He should at least be forced to give back his bribe money.

Date: August 8, 2010 18:30

TooTough
Now show your teams!!
Sorry, I really dont have a "MY TEAM" yet.
Dang it, if I was rich ( like old man Glazer ) then
I would buy a team .... and I could post its picture.

Date: August 8, 2010 18:57

Max'sKansasCity
TooTough
Now show your teams!!

Well Max, that team should be Oranje mixed with some of the best American players (Donovan of course)!

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: August 8, 2010 19:18

Siii, me and the Cup, I remind you, World Champion fro the next 4 years!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife
Gloriuos days over here at the island, beating best teams in Europe during 90´s, Valdano, Redondo, Jupp Heynckes,Juanele, Felipe, Pizzi, Chano,Dertycia, Pier etc...

sweetcharmedlife
Rolling Hansie
Carlitos????

Date: August 8, 2010 19:28

kleermaker
Max'sKansasCity
TooTough
Now show your teams!!

Well Max, that team should be Oranje mixed with some of the best American players (Donovan of course)!

I am certainly open to suggestions.

Who is your team Kleer?

At least now I understand clubs versus country teams,
but it is all so splintered..it is hard to decide.

We almost went to see the KC Wizards play the MLS
champs Real Salt Lake last night but then some people
came over, and we were having so much fun here..that we
skipped it...... but I forsee several Wizards game in our future.....[www.ticketmaster.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-08 21:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 8, 2010 22:04

25.000 Kilograms of Octopus eaten in Carballiño, Ourense, Galicia (Octopus´s world city), dedicated this year to Paul, Guiness world record beaten today, 125 Kilos of a Octopus tapa, "A la gallega" with pimentón, black pepper, sea salt and Olive Oil.[www.carballino.org]

GRACIAS PAUL!!!!!!! VAAAAAMOOSSS!!!

Date: August 8, 2010 22:09

Another Goal Celebration, this time in Norway, Sogndal players celebrated as such...[elcomercio.pe]
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: August 8, 2010 22:38

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: August 9, 2010 01:56

We are a little bit closer to page 100...and my team is F. C. Barcelona

Date: August 9, 2010 15:29

My team is FC Barcelona and CD Tenerife as well Xavier!!!

Bit closer to 100 pages

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 10, 2010 18:04

Not necessarily writing to make the 100...
The following is not intended to be anti-Spanish:
The fouls are the result of the new tactics the Spanish do the best in the moment. I don't know if they "invented" it but they certainly perfected it.
These are the best players in the world which means you can't catch a ball from one easily. There are hardly OneToOne situations with the better winning.
As such situations bare the risk to lose the ball, they must be prevented. Tjis is why the Spanish have this steady passing the ball from one to another. So, the "enemy" commits the foul by attempting to catch the ball, not necessarily because one is "evil" (though running around and being fooled might make you very angry...).
At the same time they "march" forward, continuing their play, waiting for a 100% chance to score to come.
This does not only proove to be the most successful method to play but the one that is copied by all.
Brazil failed against the Dutch who had stopped playing "Brazilian" and became Vice Champion. Brazil would have fared better than Argentina I guess which continued its old style and failed desastrously. The old magical style only works against North Corea or Andorra or the like but don't let these results blind you.
The time for the magicians is gone in my opinion. And that's actually no surprise as ALL major players are in the leading European club teams that play the "Spanish" way...
I even think they can't do the magic anymore as they come as 17 or 19 year old youngsters to the European clubs and learn to become a part of the team's tactics.
If Brazil returns to their old style they will call back Dunga aufter the next tournament...
And now something really "provocative" in the end: That's why I enjoy watching women's soccer. There are still moments of surprise and lots of goals.

Date: August 10, 2010 19:22

JJHMick
Not necessarily writing to make the 100...
The following is not intended to be anti-Spanish:
The fouls are the result of the new tactics the Spanish do the best in the moment. I don't know if they "invented" it but they certainly perfected it.
These are the best players in the world which means you can't catch a ball from one easily. There are hardly OneToOne situations with the better winning.
As such situations bare the risk to lose the ball, they must be prevented. Tjis is why the Spanish have this steady passing the ball from one to another. So, the "enemy" commits the foul by attempting to catch the ball, not necessarily because one is "evil" (though running around and being fooled might make you very angry...).
At the same time they "march" forward, continuing their play, waiting for a 100% chance to score to come.
This does not only proove to be the most successful method to play but the one that is copied by all.
Brazil failed against the Dutch who had stopped playing "Brazilian" and became Vice Champion. Brazil would have fared better than Argentina I guess which continued its old style and failed desastrously. The old magical style only works against North Corea or Andorra or the like but don't let these results blind you.
The time for the magicians is gone in my opinion. And that's actually no surprise as ALL major players are in the leading European club teams that play the "Spanish" way...
I even think they can't do the magic anymore as they come as 17 or 19 year old youngsters to the European clubs and learn to become a part of the team's tactics.
If Brazil returns to their old style they will call back Dunga aufter the next tournament...
And now something really "provocative" in the end: That's why I enjoy watching women's soccer. There are still moments of surprise and lots of goals.

Interesting post. The 'Spanish' way is in fact the Barcelona way which is in fact the Dutch (Cruijff/Van Gaal) way. Ajax Amsterdam played one touch football during 1995 in which year Ajax won the Champions League (the next year they reached the final but lost after decisive penalties). The way the Barcelona/Spanish team plays is a product of the one touch football system, but less effective (they were not very productive during the WC) and less difficult.

My daughter played football with boys until she was 12. I had learned her to play football with both feet, while almost everybody else only played with one foot (mostly the right one). That way she could make moves and actions that surprised all defenders. Her team was several times champion and she was always topscorer, playing from the left or the right. When she played from the left she brought the ball from her left foot to her right one and then shot. When she played from the right she played just the way Robben plays. Very simple and effective. She ended as 'spielmacher' or 'number 10' on the midfield, just scoring almost as many goals as when she was a striker. She also played for a regional selection and I think she would have played for the national women's team if she hadn't stop playing. During one season I was coach of her team and I learned them to play one touch football (constantly and quickly passing to each other, constantly moving and running in a 'free' position). It's amazing how easily they learned it and believe it or not but they won all their matches that season.

Date: August 10, 2010 20:47

kleermaker
My daughter played football with boys until she was 12. I had learned her to play football with both feet, while almost everybody else only played with one foot (mostly the right one). That way she could make moves and actions that surprised all defenders. Her team was several times champion and she was always topscorer, playing from the left or the right. When she played from the left she brought the ball from her left foot to her right one and then shot. When she played from the right she played just the way Robben plays. Very simple and effective. She ended as 'spielmacher' or 'number 10' on the midfield, just scoring almost as many goals as when she was a striker. She also played for a regional selection and I think she would have played for the national women's team if she hadn't stop playing. During one season I was coach of her team and I learned them to play one touch football (constantly and quickly passing to each other, constantly moving and running in a 'free' position). It's amazing how easily they learned it and believe it or not but they won all their matches that season.

Cool story about your child Kleer, thanks for sharing.
I guess the game is still evolving..and will continue to do so.
Two feet are better than one.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: August 10, 2010 21:07

Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker

Cool story about your child Kleer, thanks for sharing.
I guess the game is still evolving..and will continue to do so.
Two feet are better than one.

good story Kleermaker. I have played nationalgames for my country against teams like Holland East germany and Poland so i should know what I am talking about. smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 10, 2010 21:34

The world cup is over. Congratulations to the winner!

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697
Current Page: 97 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home