Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Is Tony Sanchez still alive?
Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 20, 2013 17:45

JuanTCB
stonehearted
Didn't Marianne say in her autobiography about Spanish Tony that he might have been a good human being "had he lived"?

I think she said that about the French count who supplied Pam Courson with the smack that may or may not have killed Jim Morrison. They were seeing each other and took off for Morocco after Jim croaked. The count himself OD'd soon thereafter.

I'm pretty sure Marianne just thought Tony was a scumbag.

MARIANNE, BEING A SCUMBAG HERSELF,WOULD KNOW.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 22, 2013 22:00

MILKYWAY
gotdablouse
What ?! Can't search the thread now but didn't his son/nephew post here saying he had indeed passed on ?

You don't really believe everything you read here, do you? People lie on this board all the time. One guy says he Chuck Berry's son, another says he was the Stones 1969 tour manager, etc. Hell, we have a poster here named Edith who isn't even a woman!

If I told you I was Spanish Tony's daughter, would you believe that?

Spanish Tony is still around. Don't think he's going to any of the upcoming RS shows, though.

Hum...so which record shop in the Village is he working in then?

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 22, 2013 22:28

gotdablouse
Hum...so which record shop in the Village is he working in then?

Um, I dunno. A group of friends and I were talking about all those people at Nellcote in 1971 who died: Jimmy Miller, Tommy Weber, Nicky Hopkins, etc. I mentioned Spanish Tony and several of my friends said, no, he is still alive. Apparently they met him at a record store in the Village (how many record stores can there be nowadays?). I don't think ST was a regular employee, I believe he was just there helping the owner, a Frenchman, go through boxes of vintage LPs and music-related trinkets that the owner had purchased from an estate sale in England. My friends said Tony wasn't very talkative, just said, yeah, that's me.

It blows my mind that everyone wants me to "prove" ST is alive when there is no proof he is dead. You have some people stating ST is dead because they read it somewhere (why not scan what you read & post it?) or someone claiming that he knows ST is dead because he is a relative (yeah, that's reliable) and people gobble it up as gospel.

It is so much easier to post an obit, an article, something in a book, etc. stating someone is dead rather than for someone proving that someone is alive. You can read obits in the paper every day, but you don't see posts saying, "Hey, you remember this person? Yep, he's still alive."

SO PROVE TO ME WITH SOME EVIDENCE THAT ST IS DEAD!!!

Date: April 22, 2013 22:37

He died in the 90s...

Date: April 22, 2013 22:52

DandelionPowderman
He died in the 90s...

Please advise as to a resource can confirm the veracity of this statement, such as a book title, a web address, or a newspaper/magazine article.

Thank you in advance for your attention and courteous cooperation.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 22, 2013 23:37

MILKYWAY
gotdablouse
What ?! Can't search the thread now but didn't his son/nephew post here saying he had indeed passed on ?

You don't really believe everything you read here, do you? People lie on this board all the time. One guy says he Chuck Berry's son, another says he was the Stones 1969 tour manager, etc. Hell, we have a poster here named Edith who isn't even a woman!

If I told you I was Spanish Tony's daughter, would you believe that?

Spanish Tony is still around. Don't think he's going to any of the upcoming RS shows, though.

And we have one guy on here who names himself after a candy bar.

Why would "Spanish" Tony Sanchez have an obituary that one could access online? He wasn't even famous. He was just a musician's gofer who wrote a book about being a rock band's drug mule. To date, he is featured in only 56 seconds of YouTube footage, and it's all still photos. Tony Sanchez is so obscure that when you Google his name, all you get are yoga and baseball links. Tony Sanchez doesn't even have a wikipedia page, and if it weren't for his book, you would never have heard of the man at all. Alive or dead--frankly, who cares? It's not like he's ever going to write a sequel to Up and Down with the Rolling Stones....

For what it's worth, apparently word of his death appears in the liner notes to a 2003 edition of his book published by Blake Publishing Ltd.:

According to the liner notes of "I was Keith Richards' drug dealer" by Tony Sanchez (published by Blake Publishing Ltd. 2003), Tony Sanchez died peacefully on 14th June 2000.

Answer by Joost Hink
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
([email protected])

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: April 22, 2013 23:48

superrevvy
somebody on the undercover list posted this tv interview of tony...

1) tony handles himself quite well i think

2) wow. in scanning the thread, only a few years old, so many IORR posters that
don't post anymore?!?

3) tony's grandson in the thread had unpublished shit. has it ever come to light?

This is my video. It was one of the first things I ever got when I bought my VHS player. Funny it was like $1200 at the time. Blank video tapes were $20. That was a fortune at the time. Especially when I made only $3 an hour. Not much beer money that week. I remember when his book came out. I couldn't even put it down. I carried it around at high school like it was a bible.

The interview is from
Entertainment Tonight November 2nd 1979

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 23, 2013 00:11

Wow, that's amazing!

I remember being floored by that book when I read it in '82 or '83, probably one of the books I read as a teenager that I remember best.

Having now talked to some people who were actually around at Nellcote and who witnessed different versions of what was told by Tony (the speedboat that broke down and Keith having to give up his Rolex for example), I'm not sure what can actually be believed in that book...still as Bill "Whinerman" Perks would say "don't let the truth spoil a good story !"...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 23, 2013 00:16

He died in the 90's, '92 or '93 I believe.

Mathijs

Date: April 23, 2013 00:20

I WATCHED ROCK N ROLL CIRCUS LAST NIGHT AND HE CAN BE SEEN DANCING AT THE END OF SALT OF EARTH IN THE LEATHER JACKET HE WAS WEARING IN THE PICTURE.

MY SOURCES CONFIRM TONY IS DEAD FROM A LIVER RELATED AILMENT.

Date: April 23, 2013 00:23

stonehearted

Why would "Spanish" Tony Sanchez have an obituary that one could access online? He wasn't even famous. He was just a musician's gofer who wrote a book about being a rock band's drug mule. To date, he is featured in only 56 seconds of YouTube footage, and it's all still photos. Tony Sanchez is so obscure that when you Google his name, all you get are yoga and baseball links. Tony Sanchez doesn't even have a wikipedia page, and if it weren't for his book, you would never have heard of the man at all. Alive or dead--frankly, who cares? It's not like he's ever going to write a sequel to Up and Down with the Rolling Stones....

For what it's worth, apparently word of his death appears in the liner notes to a 2003 edition of his book published by Blake Publishing Ltd.:

According to the liner notes of "I was Keith Richards' drug dealer" by Tony Sanchez (published by Blake Publishing Ltd. 2003), Tony Sanchez died peacefully on 14th June 2000.

Answer by Joost Hink
([email protected])

You don't have to be famous, Corky, to have an obit that one can access online. My grandmother, who was a schoolteacher and far from famous, died in 2003. Yet if you type her name in the Google search box and the word "obituary", you'll get her obit. BTW, she too does not have a wikipedia page.

"Frankly, who cares?" I do. Apparently several others do as well. If you care to check, this thread has six pages of posts. And for someone who doesn't "care", your post is rather long -- & you added a video to boot!

I appreciate you posting that blurb from Blake Publishing. It seems my friends were wrong and I was wrong as well. I wonder who that record store guy is?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 23, 2013 00:28

1. Is Spanish Tony, Tony Sanchez?
2. Assuming he lived in the U.S., what state did he live in?
3. What are would he be (approx) if alive today?

Anyway, death records can be searched.

Date: April 23, 2013 00:31

BluzDude

WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM?
TONY WAS ENGLISH !!!
JUST LIKE THE ROLLING STONES.

Date: April 23, 2013 00:42

BILLPERKS
BluzDude

WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM?
TONY WAS ENGLISH !!!
JUST LIKE THE ROLLING STONES.

I'm from Mars....what does that have to do with anything?

...and just because he was from a certain country, doesn't mean he always lived there.

I might have access to certain information, but with that attitude, forget it!

Date: April 23, 2013 00:59

MILKYWAY
stonehearted

Answer by Joost Hink
([email protected])

You don't have to be famous, Corky, to have an obit that one can access online. My grandmother, who was a schoolteacher and far from famous, died in 2003. Yet if you type her name in the Google search box and the word "obituary", you'll get her obit. BTW, she too does not have a wikipedia page.

"Frankly, who cares?" I do. Apparently several others do as well. If you care to check, this thread has six pages of posts. And for someone who doesn't "care", your post is rather long -- & you added a video to boot!

I appreciate you posting that blurb from Blake Publishing. It seems my friends were wrong and I was wrong as well. I wonder who that record store guy is?

You're very very welcome, Milky!

Your friend,

"Corky"

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 23, 2013 02:36

Keef1966
superrevvy

don't post anymore?!?

3) tony's grandson in the thread had unpublished shit. has it ever come to light?

This is my video. It was one of the first things I ever got when I bought my VHS player. Funny it was like $1200 at the time. Blank video tapes were $20. That was a fortune at the time. Especially when I made only $3 an hour. Not much beer money that week. I remember when his book came out. I couldn't even put it down. I carried it around at high school like it was a bible.

The interview is from

Interesting to see the guy in person, but frankly it kind of makes me feel like I need a shower now. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but he strikes me as the definition of a sleazeball...and the interviewer smiling away when she's asking him about killing people. Ugh...

Date: April 23, 2013 02:54

stonehearted

Your friend,

"Corky"

I meant "Corky" in the most positive & complimentary way the word can be construed. winking smiley

Your candy bar comrade,

MILKYWAY

Date: April 23, 2013 04:04

MILKYWAY
stonehearted

Your friend,

"Corky"

I meant "Corky" in the most positive & complimentary way the word can be construed. winking smiley

Your candy bar comrade,

MILKYWAY

And I took no offense. I hope you weren't offended by my "who cares" comment, but his only claim to fame seems to have been his sleazy underworld connections to the world of hard drugs, and he seems to have displayed no real talent for anything artistic. He was just kind of there, supplying and hanging out, until at one point he had to ask Keith for a loan just to maintain his extravagant habit.

It's amusing how the narrator ahead of the video interview clip above begins by describing him as Keith's "personal assistant"--as if he were some kind of fixer like Tom Keylock.

But Up and Down is still a great book, perhaps one of the more candid and lurid accounts of their decadent heyday, and whether we're up or down, we're with The Rolling Stones and the myriad world of people their lives have gathered.

Cheers,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-23 04:04 by stonehearted.

Date: April 23, 2013 04:55

BluzDude
I'm from Mars

Wow, and I thought you were from the West Coast of the USA. Do you miss the red planet?

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 23, 2013 10:19

latebloomer
Keef1966
superrevvy

don't post anymore?!?

The interview is from

Interesting to see the guy in person, but frankly it kind of makes me feel like I need a shower now. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but he strikes me as the definition of a sleazeball...and the interviewer smiling away when she's asking him about killing people. Ugh...

How dare you call him a sleazeball! He respected drug dealer and high flying member of the London criminal underworld a sleazeball?

Tssss.

Mathijs

Date: April 23, 2013 11:14

latebloomer
Keef1966
superrevvy

don't post anymore?!?

The interview is from

Thanks for posting! thumbs up

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 23, 2013 11:47

Irrespective of any hard reliable evidence to support Spanish Tony's existence or otherwise, I think the proof is in the silence. Look at it logically, he was very close to the Stones and when he was isolated from the inner circle he wrote his book to make some money. It was all he had left to trade, he wasn't a musician, he wasn't a producer, just an ordinary guy who had contacts with the underbelly of society at that particular time in history and was therefore useful to the likes of Keith and Anita.

If he was still alive, don;t you think he would be writing more books, giving more interviews, and generally trying to make a living out of his past fame - I do. People like TOny will sell anything to keep their head afloat and people are saying he quietly lives in the US and prefers to remain in that low key role. Nah, I don;t buy it. I firmly believe Tony died at some point in the 1990's. I'm guessing that Anthony Sanchez's death certificate could quite easily be accessed if one had the time, money and inclination.

Date: April 23, 2013 11:57

MILKYWAY
DandelionPowderman
He died in the 90s...

Please advise as to a resource can confirm the veracity of this statement, such as a book title, a web address, or a newspaper/magazine article.

Thank you in advance for your attention and courteous cooperation.

LOL! It is in his own book! The newer edition grinning smiley

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 23, 2013 12:39

crumbling_mice
Irrespective of any hard reliable evidence to support Spanish Tony's existence or otherwise...

He definitely existed...he wrote book, there are pictures and at least 1 video

Seriously, I agree, if he was still alive we'd have heard from him as he picked some more meat from the carcass

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 23, 2013 12:43

exhpart
crumbling_mice
Irrespective of any hard reliable evidence to support Spanish Tony's existence or otherwise...

He definitely existed...he wrote book, there are pictures and at least 1 video

Seriously, I agree, if he was still alive we'd have heard from him as he picked some more meat from the carcass

Ha ha = I think you misinterpreted my point..I know he existed, what I meant was if he is still alive at this moment or not!

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: April 23, 2013 13:14

DandelionPowderman
latebloomer
Keef1966
superrevvy

don't post anymore?!?

The interview is from

on that video - Tony has the ugliest wig ever. That's not his real hair, no way.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 13:50

Mathijs
latebloomer
Keef1966
superrevvy

don't post anymore?!?

The interview is from

How dare you call him a sleazeball! He respected drug dealer and high flying member of the London criminal underworld a sleazeball?

Tssss.

Mathijs
That's MR. SLEAZEBALL to you!

Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: April 23, 2013 14:19

MILKYWAY
stonehearted

Answer by Joost Hink
([email protected])

This guy on the left in the car picture, is that LITTLE STEVEN????

Date: April 23, 2013 14:19

seitan
DandelionPowderman
latebloomer
Keef1966
superrevvy

don't post anymore?!?

The interview is from

on that video - Tony has the ugliest wig ever. That's not his real hair, no way.

He'd choose a grey wig, when he's in his 30s? Nope, it's his real hair, I'd say.

Date: April 23, 2013 20:16

MILKYWAY
BluzDude
I'm from Mars

Wow, and I thought you were from the West Coast of the USA. Do you miss the red planet?

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Well, you know how it goes, I am from Mars and my wife is from Venus, so Los Angeles was an agreeable compromise.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home