Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Is Tony Sanchez still alive?
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 26, 2009 19:45

Zack
I believe Tony even claimed to have had a threesome with Madeline and Marianne, giving one of them the clever line "why Tony, you're as hard as Chinese algebra."

My copy fell apart too. I must have read it about 10 times when I was a teenager.

I always though that chinese algebra (or whatever was her exact phrase) was really dumb. She could have found a sexier way to say it.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: March 27, 2009 02:49

he's definitly dead...

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: June 4, 2010 03:29

You all can fish out Keith's 1981 Rolling Stone interview in which he talks about the book and admits it all happened.

Posted by: Rubicon ()
Date: June 4, 2010 09:42

Keith says in the 81 Rolling Stone interview that the basic laying out of the stories are all correct except Tony embellished them, in fact Keith said the book should have been called " Embellished Memories ", he was asked if he had seen Tony since the book was published and Keith said he received a visit from him and simply showed Tony " a new shooter i bought " I think thats the correct quote.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 4, 2010 15:21

Rubicon
Keith says in the 81 Rolling Stone interview that the basic laying out of the stories are all correct except Tony embellished them, in fact Keith said the book should have been called " Embellished Memories ", he was asked if he had seen Tony since the book was published and Keith said he received a visit from him and simply showed Tony " a new shooter i bought " I think thats the correct quote.
i remember this interview in rolling stone in 1981 it came out somewhere around the time of the tour and the shooter comment was keith's way of expressing his displeasure to tony about the book .

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: June 4, 2010 15:59

I'm pretty sure Sanchez made up that story about Keith getting his blood changed to get off dope in Switzerland. I don't think it ever happened.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 4, 2010 16:49

A complete bloodchange is impossible.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 4, 2010 17:04

There are some b& w pics at the end of my book.I'll scan them later .

At the end of the book,as an epilogue,,Tony Sanchez wrote :
"I turned on my heel,walked away and the next day reserved a room at Bowden House for a cure "

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: June 4, 2010 20:22

Ket
I'm pretty sure Sanchez made up that story about Keith getting his blood changed to get off dope in Switzerland. I don't think it ever happened.

I think this is true and not a rumour. Marshall Chess has even made references to it. It was even mentioned in the lyrics to Criss Cross Man ("...think I need another blood transfusion...")

Date: June 4, 2010 22:30

windmelody
His Majesty
windmelody
The most embarrassing thing about the book is that he writes about a wonderful affair with Faithfull, and she described him later as a disgusting man with whom she slept only to get some drugs.

That says more about Marianne than it does Tony though. grinning smiley

It says a lot about the two, let us put it that way.
No, it says a lot about drugs, and what they make you do. IMO says nothing much about the two people, except that they went down a much trod road.

Date: June 4, 2010 22:33

dominguez14
Stone601
Silver Dagger
The book was ghost written by the the pop columnist who worked on London's Evening Standard in the 80s. Forgot his name but apparently he's very rich now and owns a yacht.

John Blake ?

who is this blake,, i have a letter from him, about a german tour,parently tony gave him great laughs, and how everyone was miserable, i cant make out the signature confused smiley its like

j o or a l or could be j.d ? any ideas ?

Dominguez, it could be Jo Bergman. she was a woman.

Date: June 4, 2010 22:36

J.J.Flash
Mathijs
In fact, I think Tony's book is about as close as you can get to the Stones in those days, as is Stanley Booth's book. Of course, it is written badly, but the events described are not invented by him, they most probably actually happened. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Mathijs

I think you're right. Main facts,true. Little details and quotes, maybe exaggerated or made up.

Too bad he tuned into such a cranky man.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 4, 2010 22:37

Always soeone wanting to make a fast buck out of the Stones!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 4, 2010 22:42

theanchorman
Ket

I think this is true and not a rumour. Marshall Chess has even made references to it. It was even mentioned in the lyrics to Criss Cross Man ("...think I need another blood transfusion...")

Its not the same thing as a blood transfusion!!

And 'Criss Cross' was written about a year before the alleged 'treatment' supposedly took place.

Date: June 4, 2010 23:00

crumbling_mice
Always soeone wanting to make a fast buck out of the Stones!

True. Who do you think is always first in line?

Date: June 4, 2010 23:36

Usually Mick these days Cindy...lol

Date: June 4, 2010 23:43

crumbling_mice
Usually Mick these days Cindy...lol

yup - that's what I thought too!

Date: June 4, 2010 23:58

smileys with beer

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: March 4, 2012 12:50

somebody on the undercover list posted this tv interview of tony...

1) tony handles himself quite well i think

2) wow. in scanning the thread, only a few years old, so many IORR posters that
don't post anymore?!?

3) tony's grandson in the thread had unpublished shit. has it ever come to light?

Date: March 4, 2012 12:58

Did he borrow the wig from Miss Piggy? What a poor bastard he was.

Date: March 4, 2012 13:27

What ear was the interview from..the wig was a real bad choice and by the style of it I'm guessing it was around 1980. I always thought Tony got a rough deal out of the Stones and particularly Keith. If you read all the references to him as well as his own book, even taking large pinches of salt, he deserved better treatment. I guess he is just one in a long line of people who the Stones jettisoned once they were no longer needed. He took the rap for Keith many times and put his head on the block to get Keith and the Stones what they desired.

RIP Tony

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 4, 2012 15:29

It's no wig. It's been his partly greyed original hair.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 4, 2012 17:10

What a brilliant contribution - really helps put a lot in place. Tony looks remarkably healthy for a long-term ex-addict - great skin.

Pity the poster claiming to be his grandson disappeared.

No one seems to know the circumstances of his death, except in the re-issue of his book, it was noted that he died in 2000. He wouldn't have been more than 60, if that. However, his 'grandson' in this thread says it was either age-related or alcohol.

I wonder how he paid for a cure at Bowden House. I imagine it would have been very expensive.

I don't know how sorry I feel for him. Freddie Sessler did a jail term in place of Keith, and Bill German was asked to receive mailed drugs for Keith and Ronnie in JAPAN. That is the fate of a hanger-on of a celebrity drug addict. From the sound of it, he had his drug habit of 6 years paid for by Keith. I guess we'll never know the whole story of why Keith decided he was surplus to requirements. But at least in that interview, he looks pretty healthy and even good for his age (around 40). Presumably he was clean from heroin and made some money from his book. I personally have a hard time with tell-all books that are derived from once-intimate r'ships. Tony's book damaged the Stones, particularly Keith. It would have been better to pay him not to release it. I feel pretty sure Keith has done that with Anita. But as a primary source, in my opinion, his book is the best available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-04 17:23 by Bliss.

Date: March 4, 2012 17:25

Bliss rules, if you want to be a hanger-on of a famous drug addict you are living a dangerous life.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 4, 2012 17:28

Tony comes across far more credible on this video than I would ever have imagined, given the slagging he's gotten through the years. My first book on the stones, I read it when it first came out in 80 or 81, whenever that was.

Interesting interview, thanks very much for posting.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 4, 2012 17:49

Great interview, very interesting. I agree with treaclefingers -- Tony sure sounds credible in believable here. Thanks for posting!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 4, 2012 18:05

Thanks for posting. I think Tony actually could write his own name after seeing this.

Date: March 4, 2012 19:53

Amsterdamned
Thanks for posting. I think Tony actually could write his own name after seeing this.

Heh heh - good one!

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: March 4, 2012 20:10

Yeah I think Tony comes across as being more articulate and comfortable in front of the camera than I would have guessed considering the comments from Keith and Marianne about him over the years. Lends some credibility to his book in my opinion, although I do think some of the dialogue is a bit questionable.

Anyway, I remember reading this thread a couple years ago and being quite surprised that nobody questioned this guy claiming to be Tony Sanchez's grandson. Maybe he really is Tony's grandson, I dunno. But I would need more proof than some guy's claim on a message board to believe him. No offense intended but I've seen plenty of outrageous, bogus claims on message boards over the years designed to generate attention.

Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: March 4, 2012 20:23

Gazza
theanchorman
Ket

Its not the same thing as a blood transfusion!!

And 'Criss Cross' was written about a year before the alleged 'treatment' supposedly took place.

Wasn't Andrew Oldham quoted as saying he and Keith had their blood changed too?
This obviously would have taken place prior to 72/73

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home