Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 86
Re: Add photos of your rarities....
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: February 16, 2009 01:48

Good question silkcut. I have always been told it was Australian and certainly a Kiwi collector friend of mine has dug one up from downunder so it always made sense. Let's investigate further.

In the meantime here is one of my letters used by Bill in his book (without permission). Here you can see the hair sample referenced and the envelope too...

Date: February 16, 2009 02:53

Can't resist some more Faces stuff....

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: February 16, 2009 13:57

.. @Matt Lee: Nice faces stuff and also the above mentioned letter is great.
Here is one of my rare signed items, the back of the debut album, which I got from a very reliable source ...

Andreas

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 16, 2009 15:29

Rare US Blue London MONO

Date: February 16, 2009 19:30

Andreas, nice signed 1st LP, I have one too! Here is the record that goes with it, with alternate Tell Me.

JR

Date: February 16, 2009 20:20

Thanks JR, and here is mine (I'm a debut album addict ...)

Andreas

Date: February 16, 2009 20:30

Something to wake up the CD freaks..... some internal CD's.

This CD is particularly special to me (you know who you are).....

Check out the track timings on this one :-)

A couple of Jagger CD-R's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-16 20:31 by mattleeuk.

Date: February 16, 2009 20:32

A No.2 signed album.....

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 16, 2009 20:39

Matt,do you still have a wishlist?

Date: February 16, 2009 20:41

mattleeuk
A No.2 signed album.....

Cool No.2 ..., let's see how many other fully signed will show up, next one "Out Of Our Heads" please ;-) ...and then Aftermath and Between ...

Andreas

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 16, 2009 21:02

Anyone have a copy of Beggars Banquet signed by Brian Jones?

Date: February 16, 2009 21:07

Harm, yes there are lots of things I would still like to get. Completing a Stones collection is totally impossible so there is always something to get! Given I can never compete with the likes of JR on the vinyl front I have tended to focus on memorabilia (posters, passes, press kits, displays, promo items etc...).

Here is another radio (I posted the 40 Licks promo one before). This one was a crew thank you gift on the 82 Tour. A Radio / CD player was also used on the Bridges tour (I think I posted it already but I can't remember) and more recently the entourage were given an engraved iPod!

arc-angel, I am low on fully signed albums unless you count solo ones which I have loads of! I have tended to prefer posters where possible although they are tough to get done and keep in nice condition the result is awesome. Here is a Bridges signed inner sleeve. Done by all four Stones over 2 nights at Ronnie Scott's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-16 21:09 by mattleeuk.

Date: February 16, 2009 21:33

mattleeuk

arc-angel, I am low on fully signed albums unless you count solo ones which I have loads of! I have tended to prefer posters where possible although they are tough to get done and keep in nice condition the result is awesome. Here is a Bridges signed inner sleeve. Done by all four Stones over 2 nights at Ronnie Scott's.
Thanks matt, signed Solo's from Charlie would be nice to see ...

btw. This Bridges innersleeve fits perfectly to my original B2B signed litho, I just posted in this thread :-)

Andreas

Date: February 16, 2009 21:53

Andreas, as requested....

Does this count? It's actually a 12" album flat...

Live at Fulham Town Hall...

Date: February 16, 2009 22:16

People Band LP....

Cheating again slightly but it is a record size... this is the Long Ago and Far Away promo flat (12"x12")

Date: February 16, 2009 22:19

mattleeuk
Andreas, as requested....

Does this count? It's actually a 12" album flat...

Live at Fulham Town Hall...
Don't worry, everything you post counts :-)
Here is my only signed record from Charlie (on right arm of this little sculpture) I own (unfortunately Stu, who plays on the album did not sign it, btw. does anybody own an autograph from Ian "Stu" Stewart ?)

Andreas

Date: February 16, 2009 22:20

Some Charlie CD's. The 'My Ship' is a single so is that cheating again as you did ask for signed solo Charlie albums.

Now this one is for the seriously addicted collector only! I just love the 'From One Charlie' 10", lovely thick card with simple and beautiful Charlie artwork. Signed left, signed right, signed right and dated.

Date: February 16, 2009 22:23

mattleeuk
Some Charlie CD's. The 'My Ship' is a single so is that cheating again as you did ask for signed solo Charlie albums.

Now this one is for the seriously addicted collector only! I just love the 'From One Charlie' 10", lovely thick card with simple and beautiful Charlie artwork. Signed left, signed right, signed right and dated.

Wow ... wanna trade one of the 10" ???(I also own the 10" box and the CD box with book and photo, but unfortunately not signed.

Andreas

Date: February 16, 2009 22:30

Andreas, Glad you are turning a blind eye on the flats! I could keep this Charlie autograph fest going all night if we openned it up to Charlie signed photos, posters, books etc.... and I would be photographing all week if you switch to signed Ronnie stuff!

Always very happy to discuss trades, it's the best way to build a collection (I actually have a 4th signed 10" ). I also have signed and unsigned copies of the original Beat Publications book.

I have only one "Stu" autograph in a fully signed 81 Tour programme seen here (sorry it isn't very clear).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-16 22:36 by mattleeuk.

Date: February 16, 2009 22:54

mattleeuk
Andreas, Glad you are turning a blind eye on the flats! I could keep this Charlie autograph fest going all night if we openned it up to Charlie signed photos, posters, books etc.... and I would be photographing all week if you switch to signed Ronnie stuff!

Always very happy to discuss trades, it's the best way to build a collection (I actually have a 4th signed 10" ). I also have signed and unsigned copies of the original Beat Publications book.

I have only one "Stu" autograph in a fully signed 81 Tour programme seen here (sorry it isn't very clear).

Matt, this is the first signed item from stu I've got to see! I think he really did not sign so much, so this is killer rare!

Problem for trades is, to have something you are really looking for (you have so much great and beautiful rare memorabilia items). The only one I know you might be interested in, is indeed Ronnie stuff, the 12" maxi single having Number 1 (!)

Andreas

Date: February 17, 2009 00:44

A break from Charlie autographs.

Here is the Licks end of tour party invite (invite and wrist band inside a custom tin)

Here is the lolly that guests were given as they left. I think I have already posted a picture of a rubbish bag that was decoration for the "street fighting man" entrance.

Posted by: wantedman09 ()
Date: February 17, 2009 04:19

I'd KILL for a Charlie Watts signed...ANYTHING!!!
(the last sig I need of the four remaining boys)

Man...those...hurt

winking smiley

Date: February 17, 2009 16:38

... just a few radio show CD's ...

Andreas

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-19 16:44 by arc-angel.

Date: February 17, 2009 17:15

... Ronnie: 2 promo records incl. 1 Promo Folder and several sheets

Andreas

Date: February 17, 2009 18:12

Complete set of KBFH Reel to Reel tapes, including both broadcasts from September and November of 1974 (1973 European Tour)

Best of my Stock Reel To Reel tapes....only get the 7.5 IPS. 3.75 IPS are ok, but about the same as vinyl, or a bit worse.

Radio spots and news reels

Vinyl Radio shows, including all the KBFH, even the mislabeled on crediting Elvis Costello on the labels, but with correction sticker on cover....my particular fave...

JR

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 17, 2009 21:23

Man what a collection you got, you should start a museum

Posted by: donnywas ()
Date: February 17, 2009 21:58

JR,

those reel-to-reels have made a grown man cry!!! Thanks a lot for showing them.

Btw, are the KBFH reels official stuff or only available through radio stations and such?

Keep them beautiful pix comin'! Best thread on IORR!!! (by far)

thanks to y'all,

DON

Date: February 17, 2009 22:44

donnywas
JR,

those reel-to-reels have made a grown man cry!!! Thanks a lot for showing them.

Btw, are the KBFH reels official stuff or only available through radio stations and such?

Keep them beautiful pix comin'! Best thread on IORR!!! (by far)

thanks to y'all,

DON

Don,

The KBFH tapes were not available for sale back in the day. Radio promos only. I got mine from friends and trades over the years. Helluva hard collection to complete.

Thanks for the compliment. Will try and decide what to put up next.

JR

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 17, 2009 22:46

It's fab stuff JR but it don't half over shadow what us mere mortals have!!!

Keep em coming.....

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: February 17, 2009 22:56

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home