Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 53
Re: Universal Records are to give 19 Rolling Stones albums a makeover "deluxe versions"
Posted by: Virtual_Nobody ()
Date: February 11, 2009 00:05

New album 2010, not sooner
Some album reissues this year

Re: Universal Records are to give 19 Rolling Stones albums a makeover "deluxe versions"
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 11, 2009 00:47

oh boy reissues!!!!!!!! stones are at it again with their stunning jaw dropping
average releases, what makes it more crazy is that people will buy it again and again and again and again, credit to charlie for the phrase

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: February 11, 2009 00:59

skipstone
So just curious - who is going to get what first? Since I've lost my Virgin GHS I'll get that one first (unless, of course, I find it used somewhere). I plan on getting SF, EOMS, GHS, IORR, BAB and TY and that's it as far as sound quality goes. The rest won't really sound any better.

Since they apparently weren't properly remastered in '94, Undercover, DW and SW are the lamest-sounding discs, IMO, so they may actually benefit the most. IMO

Drew

Date: February 11, 2009 01:00

Virtual_Nobody
New album 2010, not sooner
Some album reissues this year

Are you speculating or are you claiming to have some sort of inside knowledge?

Drew

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: February 11, 2009 03:12

<<So just curious - who is going to get what first?>>

They really have to come up with something special to make me interested at all. If none or only a few extras; I'll likely just download these extras from itunes and leave the rest.
In any case there's a few of those records mentioned in this thread's initial post that I can't see myself re-purchasing no matter what they'll do to them.
Anyway, assuming some of them indeed will be worth spending money on, the first ones will likely be Exile, Some Girls and Black & Blue.

Date: February 11, 2009 12:42

Drew

No speculation on my part but can't reveal my sources
We all will see in time who's right, but we have to have some major patience, because not much will happen till 2010.
Hopefully this will help in carefully selecting the right sources to be remastered smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-11 12:42 by Virtual_Nobody.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 11, 2009 13:00

Hope the bonus discs will ne on blu-ray format. Otherwise it won't be worth the effort...

Date: February 11, 2009 13:05

"posting news here only seem to generate a lot of negativity and questioning of my credibility for some reason."
Hye it's OK that's the nature of the Net. You argue with 14 yo kids full of zits who claim they are on the same level as you & have as much cred as you on any given topic (usually the one YOU have exclusive infos on).
Use the Net as a one-way media : post what you know or think and don't bother about "replies" or "answers". You'll sleep better at night winking smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 11, 2009 16:09

A true Stones fan would buy EVERYTHING no matter how many times it was reissued!

Ahhhhh just had to say it.

Date: February 11, 2009 18:20

"A true Stones fan would buy EVERYTHING no matter how many times it was reissued!"

I consider myself a fan... not a zombie.

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: February 11, 2009 18:41

Until I hear official word, I am not going to get excited about a Stones reissue. Virtual_Nobody, maybe you are somebody or maybe not. It's pretty easy to spread rumours on the internet. Check it out: So, my sources tell me, and I can't say who they are, but sometime in the year 2011 Keith will be releasing a solo polka record. You heard it here first, folks!

Date: February 11, 2009 19:50

@#$%&
Until I hear official word, I am not going to get excited about a Stones reissue. Virtual_Nobody, maybe you are somebody or maybe not. It's pretty easy to spread rumours on the internet. Check it out: So, my sources tell me, and I can't say who they are, but sometime in the year 2011 Keith will be releasing a solo polka record. You heard it here first, folks!

LOL see mu 13.05 post! I love the Net.. No wonder why serious IORRers communicate thru PMs.
Thx for the private info btw... (you know who you are) winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-11 19:52 by dcba.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 11, 2009 19:56

The only way I would ever purchase another Stones re-release is if it was a multitrack or surround sound disc, or if there were new bonus materials released.

She Was Hot, extended version, would be enough for me to pay for a new copy of Undercover.

Date: February 12, 2009 00:07

I would like to gently remind everyone who is posting here that this whole thread started with a basic misunderstanding.

The unfortunate reality is there is NOT ONE SHRED of official word from Universal that they will be re-releasing the Stones discs, in deluxe versions or otherwise.

Thank you. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Drew

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 12, 2009 00:20

Yes,it's true but the new deal with Universal is to sell coconuts?!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 12, 2009 02:37

then what did they sign with them for health issues?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: February 12, 2009 02:42

not one peep from universal about the stones since they signed---highly unusual---most labels can't wait to hype their new aquisitions with all sorts of future plans....the silence is deafening....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 12, 2009 15:36

Keep your expectations low and won't you be disappointed. For my two cents, I can see the CDs being released in splendid new Universal packaging...and that's yer lot!

Date: February 12, 2009 16:35

message retracted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-12 16:38 by Virtual_Nobody.

Date: February 12, 2009 17:46

"Keep your expectations low and won't you be disappointed."
That's the sentence people who voted TWICE for Bush Jr have made a mantra of...

Date: February 12, 2009 17:49

"The unfortunate reality is there is NOT ONE SHRED of official word from Universal"

Wake up! The "expanded treatment"is the latest trend record execs follow. Even New Order got it.
I assume the Stones are bigger sellers than these @#$%& so the ? is not "if" but "when & what"...

Date: February 12, 2009 20:03

Actually, technically Bush 'jr' wasn't a jr because the middle name is different.

Date: February 12, 2009 20:27

Quarter 2 will bring the answer (april,may, june 2009)
Check then for new product (not new album thats still 2010) in the shops

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 12, 2009 22:38

Virtual_Nobody

I heard "spring" too so you could be right...we will see.

Date: February 13, 2009 03:32

I like to add that the "spring" info is as vague as it can get. deluxe/expanded editions are neither confirmed nor denied. I wouldnt hold my breath until an official announcement and confirmed tracklists arrive. expanded editions could mean the inclusion of b-sides, dance mixes and occasional live tracks where the material is thin or full-blown archive digs including outtakes, unreleased tracks and the like. just hope that they dont fill Sticky Fingers with Let It Rock from Leeds 1971 plus later, partly already released live recordings of Brown Sugar, Wild Horses, I Got The Blues, Moonlight Mile, Bitch, You Gotta Move, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Sister Morphine, Sway from Ronnie-era tours. Would be perverse, but with the Stones you never know! For the moment, I tend to stick to my proposal - dont expect too much, and you cant be disappointed - but really surprised at the same time!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-13 03:39 by alimente.

Date: February 13, 2009 03:39

lunar!!!
not one peep from universal about the stones since they signed---highly unusual---most labels can't wait to hype their new aquisitions with all sorts of future plans....the silence is deafening....

It IS weird. I'm trying to recall, back in '94, when did Virgin announce the remasters and how much pre-release hype was there? Anyone remember?

Drew

Date: February 13, 2009 04:10

I recall NO hype whatsoever of the Virgin reissues. They just showed up one day.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 13, 2009 04:16

Virtual_Nobody

Rather cryptic from someone with only eight posts in over four years, half of which are on this thread.

Date: February 13, 2009 04:22

The fact that Universal has not said squat about anything at all leads me to believe that...this thread subject might be wrong. But that will only be known when the day comes. Ha ha - the Third Coming Of The Rolling Stones' Own Catalogue. Or is it four? It's difficult to keep track.

As far as remastering goes, I really don't think Universal had to wait for the EMI contract to expire since EMI only leased the albums. Certainly any remastering has already been done and could still possibly be being done. If they have the actual masters then I don't know what 'sources' they could be scouring for. There should only be one actual master for each album. Remixes and edits, sure, a different one. But not lots of them.

As far as packaging goes I could see that taking a little more time. But with technology being what it is now, it really shouldn't take very long.

Date: February 13, 2009 04:49

skipstone
As far as remastering goes, I really don't think Universal had to wait for the EMI contract to expire since EMI only leased the albums.

oh, thats not so easy. contracts like these run until a certain expiry date. you can make a new contract anytime, but it can only become effective after the expiry date of the old contract.

plus, album "lease" deals usually include a certain period for stock clearance AFTER expiry date. during this period, EMI is allowed to sell existing stocks. once this stock clearance period expires, any remaining stocks must be destroyed.

even if Universal is allowed to release their reissues during EMIs stock clearance period, it wouldnt make the biggest sense - for obvious economical reasons.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home