Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 53
Re: Universal Records are to give 19 Rolling Stones albums a makeover "deluxe versions"
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 6, 2008 06:43

Shine a Light sold very well for a live album: 600,000+ copies worldwide, it ranks inside the top 40 of the best selling albums this year.

Re: Universal Records are to give 19 Rolling Stones albums a makeover "deluxe versions"
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 6, 2008 06:48

Does the double edition count as 2 sold or one? And any idea of how many of the single editions sold?

Date: October 6, 2008 17:54

skipstone
Does the double edition count as 2 sold or one?

ONE

skipstone

And any idea of how many of the single editions sold?

Nope, the number is for ALL the editions combined.

Date: October 6, 2008 18:40

Well that's cool.

One more question - what is their best selling live album? I would think Ya-Ya's followed by Flashpoint, LYL, Still Life, No Security and Licks.

Date: October 6, 2008 18:41

I guess maybe a thread of their live album sales might be more interesting? Keep it separate from this one?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 6, 2008 18:42

'Stripped' sold about 3 and a half million, which is pretty impressive for ANY Stones live album.

Date: October 6, 2008 19:13

Ahhhh but it's not a proper live album now is it.

Date: October 6, 2008 22:43

skipstone
Well that's cool.

One more question - what is their best selling live album? I would think Ya-Ya's followed by Flashpoint, LYL, Still Life, No Security and Licks.

GLIYWI: 1.5m
YA-YA'S: 3.5m
LYL: 2m
SL: 3m
FL: 3.5m
ST: 3.5m
NS: 800k
LL: 700k
SAL: 600k

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: October 7, 2008 00:57

georgelicks
skipstone
Well that's cool.

GLIYWI: 1.5m
YA-YA'S: 3.5m
LYL: 2m
SL: 3m
FL: 3.5m
ST: 3.5m
NS: 800k
LL: 700k
SAL: 600k

Are these total fgures worldwide, or sales at time of release.
I myself have or have owned them at least twice each , I have currently :-

GLIYWI 3
YA YAS 4
LYL 3
SL 2
FL 2
ST 2
NS 2
LL 1
SAL 1

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: October 7, 2008 06:01

What is the latest on the remasters ? Official news I mean. I cant find any news. Anyone know anything. Did I miss something on another page of this thread. Too lazy to go back and look. I did notice that on my Rhapsody the releases are now under Universal subsidiary Hip-O. Just wanted to know if there is any news regarding what will be reissued and how and when.

Date: October 8, 2008 17:13

Ha ha ha ha ha ha - I have all the live albums (oh boy) EXCEPT GLIYWI because that's just garbage!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 8, 2008 17:20

skipstone
Ha ha ha ha ha ha - I have all the live albums (oh boy) EXCEPT GLIYWI because that's just garbage!

One man's trash is another man's treasure....

Date: October 8, 2008 17:26

I liked Lady Jane on that one and maybe one more but the rest sounded like studio tracks with the audience overdubbed....

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 18, 2008 05:32

Is someone already mentioned this SHM-CD Box?

5000 sets go on sale on Dec 3.

Please try to translate on your browser. Thanx.
[www.universal-music.co.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-18 10:39 by Toru A.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2008 05:57

skipstone
Ahhhh but it's not a proper live album now is it.

Yes it is.

Even the studio recordings on Stripped are more "live" than most 'live' songs on Stones live albums

Flashpoint and Got Live If you Want It each have two songs which are 100% studio recordings

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 18, 2008 12:55

So is that the product that the Stones' organization is readying for the Xmas market this year?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 18, 2008 13:34

>> So is that the product that the Stones' organization is readying for the Xmas market this year? <<

if you mean the SHM box set that Toru-A posted about, that would be an ABKCO product, not a "Stones organization" product.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 18, 2008 15:00

billwebster
So is that the product that the Stones' organization is readying for the Xmas market this year?

Another SHM-CD Box after 70's is rumored to be lined up.
But it's not for Xmas as far as Japanese market is concerned.

Posted by: yap is not dead ()
Date: October 18, 2008 15:34

You people never fail to amaze me. I've read for years on here constant whinning and complaining about the "vaults" being released, and now some of you are crying about the fact that it may happen. What gives? Can you people ever be satisfied?

Its like when they don't tour, you have a major Stones tour hard-on, then they go out on tour, and you say they don't need to tour anymore.

I guess if they release out-takes you people will say you miss the old mp3 sound.

Posted by: Live! ()
Date: October 18, 2008 15:42

Toro A
Is someone already mentioned this SHM-CD Box?

New to me! - Thanks, Toro - English translation [Redirect]

Posted by: cc ()
Date: October 18, 2008 15:51

yap is not dead
You people never fail to amaze me. I've read for years on here constant whinning and complaining about the "vaults" being released, and now some of you are crying about the fact that it may happen. What gives? Can you people ever be satisfied?

Its like when they don't tour, you have a major Stones tour hard-on, then they go out on tour, and you say they don't need to tour anymore.

I guess if they release out-takes you people will say you miss the old mp3 sound.

yeah, and when are they going to stop raising the price of stamps?! and another thing, why do hot dogs come in packages of 8, but hot dog buns in packages of 6 or 12?! I just can't stand it!!

Date: October 19, 2008 21:38

I meant live album in terms of the classical stance of what a live album is since Stripped has stuido live recordings that are, for all we know, take 7 or whatever.

In that sense though, now that you point that out, that makes more sense.

Was No Security and Live Licks issues on vinyl?

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: October 19, 2008 23:02

Was No Security and Live Licks issues on vinyl?[/quote]

It seems to me that there were no vinyl releases since No Security (live) and Bridges to Babylon (studio) related ones at all?!

Posted by: Live! ()
Date: October 20, 2008 01:44

Toro A

Date: October 20, 2008 10:55

I know Voodoo was issued on vinyl. I do not know about Bridges and No Security. Bang was issued on vinyl. At least, that's what I thought I saw in a record store.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 20, 2008 15:11

Bridges To Babylon and No Security were issued on LP. My dad has them, and I'm looking at NS right now.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: October 20, 2008 16:45

Have a look:
[www.amazon.de]

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 20, 2008 16:51

Any new info on the original topic? It worries me that we're not hearing anything. Vilhelm, Live, HighwireC, Deltics, UrbanSteel, Drewmaster...... Do you have ANYTHING new on the subject???

I'm still wondering why BV hasn't talked about it at all, or put up some rumor control news item on the News Section....

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-20 17:09 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: October 20, 2008 17:02

Very new info: Digital downloads are on, all the other issues are expected, beginning in 2009 ... ;-)

I'm Just Sitting On A Fence ...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 20, 2008 17:06

HighwireC
Very new info: Digital downloads are on, all the other issues are expected, beginning in 2009 ... ;-)

I'm Just Sitting On A Fence ...

Do the digital downloads also cover extra material or just the already published songs?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1301
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home