Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 33
Re: Keith in Hospital
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 7, 2006 20:28

Thanks shidoobee for the reminder...Took care of it, the big blue ones right? I am feeling calmer already. After I took my meds I did an internet search - check this out. So NOW (May 5th or 6th-sorry that's the most current) this Fran Curtis (Stones Spokeswoman) is once again saying Keith is STILL in THE New Zealand Hospital recouperating from a minor concussion. Then the article says "This contradicts her statement of May 2nd where she stated that Keith had checked out of the Hospital and left the country (New Zealand). So which one is it FRAN? This is what I mean, they are making it up as they go along, Keith most likely had his operation and they're watching him day by day to see if he can make the tour. When they are SURE one way or another (even it's May 26th) they'll let the public know. This PROVES that Fran is a liar and it ALL depends what kind of shape Keith is in. Real shit behaviour towards the fans. Non of the Stones were at Rolling Stone Magazines 1000 issue party which is a VERY big deal, and Jagger, being the giant party attender that he is was missing. I picture all 4 or at least 3 (minus Charlie)living in rooms at the Hospital in New Zealand waiting for the final word. They can't stay at a hotel cause then it's "What is Mick and Ronnie doing at a Hotel in New Zealand for weeks?" BTW 3 guitars brought in? 1 for Keith, 1 for Ronnie, 1 for a very concerned/pissed off Mick Jagger (maybe we'll have some new songs)....

Date: May 7, 2006 20:44

TooTough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>I don´t care where he @#$%& climbs in between
> tours, read properly!
> But I care if he has a job to do (he gets paid by
> us more than other
> people on this planet ever earn)- then he has to
> take care and avoid
> risks. That´s called professionality. He has got
> no problems to start a tour
> 2 weeks later - but 200.000 people might have!

I gotta TOTALLY agree with TooTough again. This ain't the late 60's/early 70's where someone gets too high so the concert doesn't happen - this is BIG BUSINESS and it's time for Keith to act professional. Climbing trees while drunk/stoned/high ain't too smart. If the tour is postponed it's no sweat off Keith's ass - he'll just rest some more BUT Ten of Thousands of fans are gonna have big changes and big losses of money to deal with. That ain't rock and roll, that's F*CKED !!! Time for one 62 yr old to grow up.....Leave the irresponsible stupid teenage boy behaviour to Axl Rose...

Date: May 7, 2006 21:01

IT'S HIS LIFE. IF YOUR SO WORRIED ABOUT LOSING MONEY DONT GO TO THE SHOW

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 7, 2006 21:11

cool,calm,collected Wrote:
> IT'S HIS LIFE. IF YOUR SO WORRIED ABOUT LOSING
> MONEY DONT GO TO THE SHOW

Why scream? Are you going to the Barcelona show?

It´s not about losing money, it´s about a show I can´t
see because of him.

Btw: How old are you? DON´T GO TO THE SHOW is the worst joke
in years. Maybe 60.000 CAN´T @#$%& GO because the show is
postponed.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: May 7, 2006 21:21

"Are you planning go to Barcelona Shidoobee?? Madrid?? Brussels?? Are you book your fly Shidoobee?? Are you book the hotel??? Do you earn a million per month Shidoobee?? Are you a doctor Shidoobee???"
Kaskatanas, here's what I'm going to see. Yes, I fly and I stay in nice hotels. Most of the time in the same hotels as the Stones.
Going to a go-go and:
Barcelona, Madrid, Paris, Bergen Horsens, Gothenburg, 2 in Amsterdam, the german shows, Nice, the Twickenham doubble and other shows if I can get GREAT tickets. (And North America if that's on) No, I'm not a millionaire. Nor a doctor. I run my own PR & information company and I'm doing OK. But since I live in Norway, you could say our currency is quite strong (oil money, non EU members) Just spending my money in an alternative way. (I don't have kids) I collect great Stones moments, not money or expencive jewellry. Honestly, I just go whereever I want when I want. Taking my job with me. I think I'm lucky. And yes, I'm happy.

Re: Keith
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 7, 2006 21:57

speaking as someone up to her ears in nonalterable, nonrefundable travel arrangements for the summer, which i can't afford at all,
i have to say: when i was making those reservations back in december, i reflected briefly on past situations where concerts dates have changed,
and on the chances that the Rolling Stones would give a fizz about my poor impoverished travel plans.
and i asked myself: "do you trust the Rolling Stones? well, DO you??"
LoFL! that cracked me up - and i made the reservations anyway.
(i freakin love the Rolling Stones - and i mean *exactly* the Rolling Stones.)

the tour schedule is not what's important here. Keith, be well

the tour schedule is not what's important, but: last i heard it remains unchanged -
and some folks are pissed off anyway. [shrug] okay!
funny that they're not pissed off at hysterical gossip flying around upsetting them - they're pissed off at the Rolling Stones.
ain't that familiar - smile: bein pissed off at the Stones is a way of LIFE!
being pissed off isn't going to change anything, though. neither is being "informed".
it's not a voting situation - our being "informed" makes no (0) difference -
and no, we don't have any "right" to be informed of their medical situations, or how they spend their holidays.
we might *like* to know, because we care about those cats, but our being informed is not what's important.

Keith, be well

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 20:25 by with sssoul.

Posted by: RedLight ()
Date: May 7, 2006 22:07

Please get a grip, ladies and gents...

Brain bruises need several weeks for a full recovery. Most people get released from the hospital after overnight observation, but Keith is checked and re-checked and "observed" because he's a millionaire rock star and he can afford the fee. He'll be fine and ready to rock in Spain.

Date: May 7, 2006 22:07

cool,calm,collected Wrote:
> IT'S HIS LIFE. IF YOUR SO WORRIED ABOUT LOSING
> MONEY DONT GO TO THE SHOW

I'm way ahead of you CCC,I ain't gonna lose a dime. I quit going after the 1999 No Security shows. I've seen every US tour since 1969 so that's enough for me. 69/72/73/75/78/81/89/94/97/99 and not one postponed/canceled show. Now I buy DVD's and put my money into an amazing High Definition Home Theater Sound system and DVD collection. Non of my DVD's have fallen out of trees..... Call me a pussy but I know a lot of IORR members don't have a lot of money and are gonna lose a lot if the tour gets postponed and sorry to say anything against your gods but I think it's rather F*cked up that the lads aren't keeping the fans informed.... It's just not the right thing to do, people have jobs and time off work and shit - the Stones let this happen, they can eat the damage, don't put it on the fans..... pretty simple...

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 7, 2006 22:39

MicksBrain wrote: "I think it's rather F*cked up that the lads aren't keeping the fans informed...."

Aren't they? "Keith is fine and the Stones will start the European tour in Barcelona as planned" is the message.
If that's the true it's completely ok with me. If other things will come up, well you maybe were right.

But you have put all your prestige into this question and if you're wrong you have worried a lots of people during this week.

Date: May 7, 2006 23:19

Thommie, check out these FACTS:

ON MAY 2nd, Fran Curtis, Spokeswoman for the Stones releases this to the press "Keith Richards has checked out of (the) Hospital and Left the country (New Zealand)

ON May 5th or 6th, Fran Curtis, Spokeswoman for the Stones releases this to the press "Keith Richards is in the New Zealand Hospital STILL recouperating from a mild concussion" I guess on 5/2 Keith just flew to his home in Conn. to check his mail, see if the new issue of his fav. magazine "Guitar Player"came in before flying back to NZ (according to FRAN this might be true). That sounds possible...

Webster dictionary would call that a contradiction and a lie. So who told you "Keith is Fine"? FRAN? FRAN the LIAR? Believe what you want. Don't blame me if you are worried, Blame the Stones Office, they're the one's lying to you.

BTW, I find it VERY significant that Jagger (and Keith if he's feeling so "Fine") weren't at the ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE 1,000 issue party (since I believe both are also on the cover) the other night in NYC. Jagger's a very good friend of Jann Wenner, founder of Rolling Stone Magazine, and would be there for sure under normal circumstances. This was quite a big deal, The Stokes were the house band and the party cost over a million bucks - totally a Jagger type affair....

It's so interesting to see the different psychology on this site - you have your realists and your people who refuse to believe the truth and wanna believe whatever makes them feel better....I'm not saying Barcelona is not gonna happen (how the hell would I know) I'm just saying at this point the Stones camp is bull shitting you, that's ALL I'm sayng.....nothing more (so ask yourself, why are they lying to you?) As the song on AFTERMATH says...THINK !! (now I see how someone like U-NO-WHO gets elected - the masses have stopped thinking....)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-07 23:23 by MicksBrain.

Date: May 7, 2006 23:29

Thanks Shidoobee for reminding me to take a chill pill - a big white one for me. Feeling better already, but its completely understandable that many of us are a complete wreck over this. Its not easy re-arranging our lives and work revolving around our boys, and we will do it, but we havent heard the whole story. The idea of KEEF climbing a coconut tree is absurd in the first place, I think that was a cover up of the real story. If KEEF was in fact "fine" we would see pics of his smiling beautiful craggy face, and the fact the the other STONES are in hiding proves they dont want to be questioned. There is definately a cover up going on, and it scares the shit out of me, and I wish they would give us the truth. My feeling is they are playing it by ear day by day and hoping for the best possible outcome, that the tour will go on as planned, but maybe they are sticking with that story because they really arent sure themselves yet what will happen with KEEF so why worry everyone if there is still a chance that the show will go on..

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 7, 2006 23:42

I would advice everybody to cool down, don't get personal, don't believe all the 2nd 3rd and 4th hand stories being printed reprinteds and copied around in the world. This tour, like any other tour, is on until somebody say something else, and Keith is well until somebody in charge say something else.

Bjornulf

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: May 8, 2006 00:03

I thought just to ignore some posts there but it seems it gone too far.

Micksrain you wrote:

"ON MAY 2nd, Fran Curtis, Spokeswoman for the Stones releases this to the press "Keith Richards has checked out of (the) Hospital and Left the country (New Zealand)"

Now, you try to act like the smartest and best informed person here on the board, so please explain me why you're causing disinformation here, saying that Fran Curtis ever said that Keith has checked out of the hsopital and left the country? Where have you got this quote from, cause for sure not from the press. To remind, you, it was hospital duty manager Geoff Sparks who said that Keith was discharged from the hospital. He nor anybody else mentioned that he left the country.

Now, Fran Curtis said that he is in good spirits and he doesn't need surgery. Even if he had this surgery, he could have it before Fran Curtis said he doesn't need it, right? It's called diplomacy, if you don't want to make a noise about something. If he had a surgery already than of course he doesn't need it anymore. Fran Curtis said also he is fine and in good spirits. This is the last report we've heard about Keith's health, so please stick to this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, some of you people scream that it's Barcelona, reservations, tickets, lots of money paid for it and Keith acted unproffesionaly @#$%&' up your tour plans. You as well as me and hundres of toher fans were making those reservations, were buying tickets etc. back in December, quite a long time ago. So if you decided to do it in December, than you had to be ready that SOMETHING can always happen.

It happened with Keith. He was spending his well deserved break in New Zealand, where he wanted some privacy and rest. It was his break and and he could do there whatever he really wanted to. It's were his privacy is prioritaire and we can't expect to get detailes stories what he was doing there, although we get some bits here and there, cause we are fans and we love Stones madly, right?
Nobody have rights to judge what Keith was doing in New Zeleand. IT IS HIS PRIVATE LIFE.

And god damn, we have no rights to know if he had a surgery or he hadn't. If he is OK or his not, have you ever heard about patients privacy laws?

Now, I put some hard worked money into the tour, but even if some shows I'm going to attend are going to be postponed, than f*** it. It's Keith I care more than my money and the shows.

Don't you think it would be much better if some of you would shut up and wait, hoping and praying Keith's OK as we were told, rather than acting like you're more concerned about your wallets and tour plans than Keith Richards who you claimed to love !?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 00:08 by PiotrRSpl.

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: May 8, 2006 00:22

Well said Piotrspl.And accurate. Also as anybody that knows this band should realize, when not on tour these guys do sort of vanish. At least they are not in the media every 5 secs like others.I can not believe the tone of some of the "fans" here.As I said before first and foremost Keith is a human being and that comes first before anything eles. Chill and see what happens. And please be ready to write a retraction should this all turn out ok.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 8, 2006 00:34

Wether he will make it for the European Tour is not so important for me anymore.
The most important thing is that he will get well, and we wil see him smiling again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 00:36 by barbabang.

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 8, 2006 00:35

Keith Richards had brain surgery in NZ

By Anne Beston - NZ Herald
[www.nzherald.co.nz]

Ageing rock wild man Keith Richards is understood to have had surgery for a blood clot on his brain and doctors were worried he would not survive.

The Herald understands the 62-year-old's condition was much more serious than previously reported and he remains in New Zealand while the rest of the Rolling Stones are gathered in Europe for the next leg of the band's world tour.

The operation was for a subdural haematoma, a blood clot that forms in the outer membranes of the brain, often from a torn vein. It can be caused by a fall or other head injury.

The operation on the famed guitarist was done soon after he arrived in New Zealand from Fiji, according to a source.

His condition was described at the time as a mild concussion.

Earlier reports that Richards had suffered a brain haemorrhage were denied by his New York-based publicist, Fran Curtis. She said over the weekend that he was in "good spirits" and was adamant he would join the rest of the band in Barcelona for the kick-off of the 35-gig tour as scheduled on May 27. She did not know when he would be leaving New Zealand.

Richards was thought to have tumbled out of a coconut tree at the exclusive Wakaya Club resort in Fiji on April 27.

Yesterday, the New Zealand-based publicist for the Stones' April tour said she had no news on Richards' condition and had had no update from New York.

A spokesman for Auckland's Ascot Hospital said early last week that the guitarist had been discharged after being monitored but would not say whether he had had surgery. A duty manager at the hospital said yesterday she could give no information.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 8, 2006 00:42

Thanks for the article.
Seriously, I don't know what to believe - I don't think calls for a proper official statement are unjustified.

This post doesn't reflect that I'm seriously pissed off because the Stones management simply is not able to handle those situations properly.Too Tough said a lot in his post early today that I agree with.

Get well Keith.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 00:48 by Lorenz.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: May 8, 2006 00:43

The NZ herald is a conservative paper. It is like the Gardian in the UK. If they say this then all the best Keith. Get well soon.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 8, 2006 00:43

Keith get well!

Posted by: RedLight ()
Date: May 8, 2006 00:53

The main problem with a normal concussion occurs if you've had previous concussions from playing football or from a motor vehicle crash. The effects of multiple concussions are cumulative and the severity increases after your second incident - in other words, 1 + 1 will not equal 2, it will equal 2.5 or three. The age of 62 could also be a factor. However, I suspect the worst thing about this incident is that it ruined his fun in the sun for a few days. The only way to recover from a concussion is to rest, and he has plenty of time before the tour resumes.

Date: May 8, 2006 01:20

Monday, May 8th...can't get anymore current then that (since it's still Sunday here)....

Someone asked me where I get my info from up there.Follow these steps.
#1 www.yahoo.com (press enter) Type in "Keith Richards Brain Surgery" #2 Press search #3 The page comes up and start your research. I go for the most recent dates on the articles. It has The quote from Fran about leaving the Hospital and the quote from Fran about Keith being in the hospital 3 days later (if you read enough of the articles) She's a publicist, I grew up in LA / Hollywood, we all know what a publicist is before we start eating solid food. They are "Masters of Spin" if there's something to hide they hide it.It's the same in politics, I just can't believe how NAIVE some people are...

To say that there's always some kind of rumors before tours is such dog crap, I never heard them and as I mentioned before I saw EVERY US tour (usually 2 shows per tour since 1969 and there weren't a lot of rumors. If anything Led Zeppelin had the rumors in the 70's cause Jimmy Page was always hurting his fingers and Robert Plant was always having voice trouble). Here's the line up 69/72/73-earthquake benefit at the L A forum/75/78/81/89/94/97/99. No rumors, no cancelations, no postponments. My friends and I were the biggest Stones fans and ALWAYS had rock radio on. If there was any news you'd hear it first on the radio.

I'm still a big Stones fan, I love "A Bigger Bang", but I'm really big on the truth too (that's why Iraq pisses me off so much). I wanna know what the truth is involving Keith, good or bad. This bands been REALLY lucky - let's compare - 1/2 the Beatles are dead, half the Who is dead, 1/4 Led Zep and 1/4 the Doors are dead. Jerry Garcia died in his fifties. Dylan ALMOST died from his Heart Sack infection. Come on, only 1 Stone (actually an Ex-Stone at the time) dead (Brian) and the rest are still around - that is luck. You only get so much......

Anyway, the New Zealand article above pretty much spells it out for me. Looks like Mick, Ronnie, and Charlie took a private jet from NZ to Europe so as not to have to face the press. That's an expensive flight (no wonder tickets are SO expensive)

My bet is they're all at Jagger's French country side place in Loire Valley - no press, no photo's - coming up with Plan A, B, C, D and I'm sure a replacement guitarist if Keith is out a week or 2. Am I being negative or logical? (since I get so much shit around here for being realistic....)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 01:41 by MicksBrain.

Date: May 8, 2006 01:53

> My bet is they're all at Jagger's French country
> side place in Loire Valley - no press, no photo's
> - coming up with Plan A, B, C, D and I'm sure a
> replacement guitarist if Keith is out a week or 2.
> Am I being negative or logical? (since I get so
> much shit around here for being realistic....)

Excuse me, but if this is realistic than sorry, but you don't know the Stones.

my last word on it, cause please just focus on Keith's health conditions, nothing else is now important.

Date: May 8, 2006 02:00

take a look at this:

[www.abc.net.au]

Fall injuries keep Richards in hospital
Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards remains in an Auckland hospital after undergoing surgery for a head injury sustained when he fell out of a coconut tree in Fiji.

Initial reports suggested the 62-year-old had suffered only mild concussion in a five-metre fall while collecting coconuts at a holiday resort late last month.

Richards was flown to Auckland for tests which revealed a subdural haematoma or blood clot in his brain.

He underwent surgery a week ago.

The band's publicist says he is now in good spirits and looking forward to joining the rest of the band for the start of the European leg of their world tour - as soon as he gets the all clear from his doctors to travel.

-----------------------------------------------------
if he had a surgery week ago, than:
a) he's going to be out of the hospital this week probably (just as StonesDoug said)

b) Fran Curtis report's about Keith feeling fine and in good spirits is about how Keith feels after the surgery. There's is no lie in her words that He doesn't need a surgery, because he is after the surgery (kind f diplomacy)

c) he was said to be discharged from the hsopital to slower the noise about his health's condition, surgery news etc. because that's what Keith and probably doctors needed at the moment. It was for his good, after all this situation is about Keith not us. It's not us who got to be informed in detail about everything.

KEITH BE WELL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 02:01 by PiotrRSpl.

Date: May 8, 2006 02:09

Yeah, I don't know the Stones...that's why half of Jagger's Solo set list in the 80's was Stones songs - I have the tapes, should I review them for you? What's not realistic about it Piotr? Brown Sugar/Bitch/Ruby Tuesday/Miss You, etc etc. What city you in? Warsaw? Don't give me a hard time, I have a lot of Polish friends...I'm tired and I think the New Zealand article is 100% true, sadly...

Date: May 8, 2006 02:18

MicksBrain Wrote:
What's not realistic about it Piotr?

man, that is not possible the Rolling Stones could tour without Keith Richards. That' what every realistic and logically thinking fan knows.

> What city you in? Warsaw? Don't give me a hard
> time, I have a lot of Polish friends.

so...? and please let it be thread about Keith's health's news, not private stuff, so if you'd like to discuss other topics with me than email me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 02:20 by PiotrRSpl.

Posted by: Doolittle ()
Date: May 8, 2006 02:28

Oh my God!- I can't believe this thread is still around!. Don't you have moderators here who can delete this kind of crap?.

Date: May 8, 2006 02:55

What kind of crap Doolittle? The moderator was on a few hours ago (see above), he's cool he let's us yap away...If they start censoring totally due to their personal agreements or disagreements half this place would clear out...You big on censorship Doolittle? My advice, Find a time machine and go back to Germany around 38/39, you'll enjoy that form of control, go for it....(one man's crap is another man's gold)

Ok, Piotr, the one way FRAN lied to us is she NEVER told us Keith had surgery. If NZ and Australia are both covering it SOMEONE from the hospital talked (Plus it's Monday morning there, the weekend is over, and real news is coming out at the beginning of the work week...If the operation was a week ago he might be fine for Barcelona since there's almost 3 weeks left....

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 8, 2006 02:59

MicksBrain, this forum is a public place, and as such it would be appropriate for you to show some respect and go spread your logorrhea somewhere else.

Besides, as you seem to be very concerned about people not thinking enough, self-awareness and all of that, you will surely have heard about the concept of 'balance between mind body and soul'? I think it's high time you stop the thinking and find someone (human being in the flesh that means) to help you deal with the physical side of things...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 03:32 by LolA.

Date: May 8, 2006 03:07

What are you talking about LolA? Make yourself clear honey/dude......

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 8, 2006 03:17

What is it in my post that escaped that powerful brain of yours?
I'm talking about you polluting this place with your constant ranting on conspiracy theories for the last week.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home