Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233
Current Page: 33 of 33
Re: Keith in Hospital
Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 12, 2006 16:41

little queenie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> triplelicks Wrote:
> >
> > If either a burr hole was made, or a section of
> > the skull bone was removed on 28Apr, they are
> both
> > invasive procedures that would be considered
> > surgery.
> >
> i hope the needle theory is true but what if it is
> a hole? do they plaster it up?

There are a variety of ways to close a burr hole. They may have done some kind of graft, or an implant that's like a plug with a cap at the top so it can be secured to the outer skull.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 14, 2006 01:44

(post moved to "Keith as outpatient' thread)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-14 01:52 by Gazza.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2006 17:56

Keith is currently an out-patient at a private hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, following his accident and operation (see this thread). Which basically means he is staying close to the hospital in order to do periodic checks, and therefore is unable to leave Auckland. It is unclear how long time he needs to get well. It might take weeks or months. Only time will tell. If it was serious then he would be in the hospital of course. But there is a long way from serious ill to 100% well. A head injury takes time to heal and it is individual. Get well Keith!

Regarding "out-patient" info see this thread: [iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-21 17:58 by bv.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:26

I have a feeling that all shows will be cancelled, I hope I'm wrong, but something tells me Keith is going to need a lot of time to heal.

Those last batch of photos that were released, reminded me of how my father looked after he had a stroke.

Good Luck Keith!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:46

It is a head injury you know. It takes time to understand how serious it is and how it will heal.

Bjornulf

Date: May 21, 2006 19:25

As I've said before, I don't know what Keith's current diagnoses are, but given the amount of time that has passed since the fall, and the degree of silence from Keith, his family, and the Stones, I'm just assuming Keith is dealing with some neurological issues as described below. I would love to be wrong.

Here's some good info about the diagnosis of mild head injury - more info can be found at: [www.biausa.org]

Some possibly relevant info from that site includes:
Emergency personnel typically determine the severity of neurological injury to the brain by using an assessment called the Glascow Coma Scale (GCS) to. The terms Mild Brain Injury, Moderate Brain Injury, and Severe Brain Injury are used to describe the level of initial injury in relation to the neurological severity caused to the brain. There may be no correlation between the initial Glascow Coma Scale score and the initial level of brain injury and a person’s short or long term recovery, or functional abilities. Keep in mind that there is nothing “Mild” about a brain injury—again, the term “Mild” Brain injury is used to describe a level of neurological injury. Any injury to the brain is a real and serious medical condition.

An Injured Brain -
When a brain injury occurs, the functions of the neurons, nerve tracts, or sections of the brain can be effected. If the neurons and nerve tracts are effected, they can be unable or have difficulty carrying the messages that tell the brain what to do. This can result in Thinking Changes, Physical Changes, and Personality and Behavioral Changes. These changes can be temporary or permanent. They may cause impairment or a complete inability to perform a function. Some possible changes are described below.

Thinking Changes -
Memory, Communication, Perception, Decision making, Reading and writing skills, Thought flexibility, Planning, Thought processing speed, Safety awareness, Sequencing, Problem solving skills, New learning, Judgement, Organization, Attention, Self-perception

Physical Changes -
Muscle movement, Taste, Balance, Muscle coordination, Smell, Speech, Sleep, Touch, Seizures, Hearing, Fatigue, Sexual Functioning, Vision, Weakness

Personality and Behavioral Changes -
Social skills, Self-monitoring remarks or actions, Frustration, Stress, Emotional control and mood swings, Reduced self-esteem, Denial, Appropriateness of behavior, Irritability or agitation, Motivation, Self-centeredness, Coping skills, Depression, Anger management, Anxiety, Excessive laughing or crying

The positive side of this issue is that with time and therapies, brain injury effects WILL lessen. It's nothing short of amazing how far people can come from the initial time of injury to the eventual outcomes. However, it takes time - usually a lot of time - to get to the plateau point in recovery. Also, adaptations can be used to assist people with a variety of functional skills.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-21 21:58 by triplelicks.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 21, 2006 22:05

It's equally possible that Keith is simply keeping himself to himself and is still waiting for all clear to fly and to up his level of activity.
There is no point in further speculation about the exact state of Keith's health.
We should just send him as much mojo as we can to get him on the mend quickly.
clinical issues asside...and apart from anything else, I expect he feels totally and utterly pissed off !

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: May 22, 2006 00:41

Dear Keith! Be well! Don't be pissed off. Just enjoy life, be sure to do only the things you feel like doing. Things you enjoy, that enlighten your life. It works! Have a laugh or 1000! It gives strenght, and a good laugh actually strenghtens ones immune system and accellerates the recovery. But take your time. Don't take any chances. We'll wait untill you're 100% fit to go on the road. And we'll all be there - as always. Cheering even more for you - and your band. All my love.

Posted by: JDaniels ()
Date: May 22, 2006 14:09

Hi,
I have not seen any news (and/or pics) concerning where Keith is staying after the release from the NZ hospital?
IS it possible for one of the most (in) famous people in the world to just
keep all sneaking journalists away, or is all of'em respecting his privacy?
Curiously,
/JD

Date: May 22, 2006 14:33

Per Shidoobee [p081.ezboard.com] as of this weekend Keith was still at a bed & breakfast in Auckland called Cotter House: [www.cotterhouse.com].

Posted by: sunnybandyo99 ()
Date: May 22, 2006 14:39

I think it is all over now

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: May 22, 2006 16:43

sunnybandyo99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it is all over now

It's not over 'till it's over...

- mjOL

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 23, 2006 20:35

Doug posted this on Shidoobee.com

First of all, Keith is doing great. He has a doctor staying with him in Weston and watching over him. However, he won't be leaving for Europe until mid-June and there will be rehearsals etc. before the tour would start, so July looks like the earliest.
Regarding the accident, everything that I posted before was the info that the family reported and what they wanted all to hear until they were sure Keith was ok. He did fall out of a tree but he was not after coconuts. He landed on his feet and fell backwards and hit his head. Later that day, he was out in a speed boat and got severe headaches. He did have surgery and all went well and Keith is ready to get the tour started as soon as possible.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 23, 2006 20:41

> He did fall out of a tree but he was not after coconuts.
> He landed on his feet and fell backwards and hit his head.
> Later that day, he was out in a speed boat and got severe headaches.

Well, falling off a tree, hitting his head and then speedboating,
even more hitting the head sounds more than stupid behaviour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233
Current Page: 33 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home