Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 33
Re: Keith in Hospital
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 6, 2006 22:49

Harm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fran Curtis said he is fine. So, unless he falls
> out of his bed I assume he is fine
I think you are right Harm. No use in speculating

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Iris ()
Date: May 6, 2006 23:46

Lorenz Wrote:
> Btw, a little detail: the Stones show in Barcelona
> doesn't show up anymore on servicaixa.com....only
> the Madrid show is still up there.

The Barcelona show is still on the side - try this: [ww3.serviticket.com]

And it is still not sold out...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 6, 2006 23:52

Iris Wrote:
> Lorenz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Btw, a little detail: the Stones show in
> Barcelona
> > doesn't show up anymore on
> servicaixa.com....only
> > the Madrid show is still up there.
>
> The Barcelona show is still on the side - try
> this:
> [ww3.serviticket.com]
> .sis.servlets.hSrvRecinteEvent;jsessionid=GdLD2x14
> vNszLktMNNJ1WGZGr83wnDTx16Zhbc7QWmFG92MCpXD5!26268
> 4393!NONE?codRecinte=08EO&codEvent=BPPPA&codTipusE
> vent=6&idioma=CAS&CODIUSU=servicaixa
>
> And it is still not sold out...

Thanks for the link - I couldn't find the concert when I searched for it.
It seems that the most expensive tickets sell very slowly for Barcelona...

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: May 7, 2006 00:47

according to the Sun, Bill Wyman said:

“I think Keith forgot for a minute that he is 62, he should have asked someone.

“But he just thought, ‘I can do that’. He could have done it when he was 25. Knowing Keith, it didn’t really surprise me. I have sent him some flowers and my best wishes.”

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: May 7, 2006 02:23

I don't know if Keith is ok or not, just what I'm told by news sources. However, I definetly don't believe the most recent Sun article. For one thing, they said he fell when a branch broke. Last time I checked palm trees and coconut trees don't have branches.
Also, if they were smugling in vodka, wouldn't they be doig it secretly? How would the newpaper know?
Whatever state Keith is in, I hope he get better soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-07 02:25 by cali stones fan.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 7, 2006 04:30

<<<However, I definetly don't believe the most recent Sun article. For one thing, they said he fell when a branch broke. Last time I checked palm trees and coconut trees don't have branches. >>>

ahhahhahhahhhahahha Great point cali stones fan, but i am sure that there are those that will say you dont live in the Pacific AND CANNOT PROVE THAT ALL PALM AND COCONUT TREES have no branches.

And for any of us that live with coconuts and palm trees, I am sure that it can be pointed out that we have our heads either in the sand or up our ass and just have not looked hard enough.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 7, 2006 05:59

Kahoosier, you know all and are all because you are a know everything about everything Doctor, OK? You are brilliant, smarter then God (oppps, I'm sorry, there is no GOD because Doctors are gods) and you live in the Pacific so you are a total expert on that too (yes, let's laugh at those fools that say there are branches in the Pacific -ho,ho,ho what idiots, really, branches, huh). Why EVERY WOMAN (or Man wouldn't know your perference) on earth isn't chasing you is a total mystery to me cause you are PERFECT. BTW, your IQ over 200? I bet it is...I bet...

Tell me more about how great you are PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, I wanna know EVERYTHING...I wanna be just like you.....BTW, you were so right about China, That's why when that women loudly protested at the press conference with Bush and the prez from China it was splashed all over Cinese media for days (In reality Chinese TV and CNN in China went black the momment it started) - Chinese Democracy, right around the corner, give em'time - LOL-but it's true cause you know all. How does it feel to be SO wrong about so many things but still THINK you're SO right about everything? It's like the guys in charge of the Iraq mess. You just sit there and go "How could you fools get it SO wrong?!" and they just sit there, in their arrogant, ignorant fog, and say it's all getting better folks....how does that feel to have no self awareness? Too be SO out of it? It's just all so amazing to me, like watching a car crash in slow motion.....HOW DOES IT FEEL?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-07 07:39 by MicksBrain.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 7, 2006 07:54

MicksBrain, have you ever considered stress/anger management? ...Might be an idea to keep you busy for a while...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 7, 2006 08:42

Ya sure as hell wouldn't put Micksbrain in charge of the nitroglycerin wagon now would ya!!...KABOOOOM!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 7, 2006 09:31

Micksbrain, I sure wish you would calm down, I never have personally attacked you without provacation, just presented the other side of the story, and really get misquoted by you. Like the whole recurring Chinese issue that you cannot let go of; never ever did I say anything other than China was better than it was twenty years ago and and that I had hope it would continue to improve, sorry you disagree. I never claimed China was the best place in the world to be, or that it was now or any day would be or even should be a democracy, but you cant tolerate someone noticing positive if slow change in a place you obviously hate. I would be remiss to point out that not long ago, it was an American woman that was being removed and prevented from speaking and disrupting official state functions. She was in all the magazines and news channels; errant Chinese women carry no special privlege for being thrown out of Bush functions.

And as for Keith I choose to belive he is ok.. For instance I believe Charlie is Ok also. Knowing how cancer recurs, how long it has been since treatment, since there are no recent pictures of Charlie, and no one has made a statement about his health recently, shoud people be screaming about a cover up about this ? In fact, they did before this tour. I choose to believe he is ok and that this lack of information in the press is not is a cover up that he is sick again. I also choose to believe Elvis is dead though Lisa Marie is not making offical statements, that those mediums did not channel John Lennon even though Yoko and Paul McCartney are not making official statements, and that finally, heaven is real even though the Lord God has not stepped down from on High and made a statement about it lately. Its just a matter of choice, sir to believe what you want to believe, and I hope still a right that we all aspire to, or it will be replaced by the Orwellian nightmare of "Right Think," and Right Speech.'

Someone else makes a statement about palm tress, and I like it and comment on it and you jump all over me. Well if that is what makes you happy for whatever reason, I shoud be happy to give you that joy. It was very predictable, as forshadowed in my prior posts. Even other posters took the hint. I am surprised it took you so long. As for you tired and tiring imbecilic attacks on me and my profession, I can trust you to repeat them ad nauseam no matter what I post on what thread. I must admit since you seem to now be concerned about people that sleep with me, few people that have not done so seem to express such rancor in print or otherwise to me. Your obvious anger to me is just something that continues to amaze in that it is unjustified, uncalled for, and is just beginning to appear plain silly in print. Other posters on the board have e-mailed me saying that until I start calling you names like "@#$%&,' and telling you to just plain @#$%& OFF, that you will never understand that all I want to do is share my point of few with some people on this board I consider friends.

I do agree with them though that you do not seem to understand that. I just cannot ,however, fall to your level of useless vapid sabre rattling. Your personal attacks are at once vapid, insipid,and uselessly abrasive. I am in no popularity contest here, you seem to be worried that I am out to impress; you are wrong. To use langauge you might understand, I could not give a fiddler's @#$%& whether you are anyone else on this board likes me or wants to be with me. My personal life is quite full, thank you very much. However, I have been here much longer than you, have seen posters like you that taunt and grab for attention by posts that scream for a need to be recognized,come and go. I will probably be here long after you are gone. Doesn't matter. I just wonder though if everytime I post something, no matter what it is about, if you will put everyone on the board through another dauntingly vitrioloc attack on my profession, on me, and on anyone else that agrees with me.

I would and could strike a peaceful accord with you and just promise to not rise to the bait, and let you post in peace and ask for you to do the same. I tried to offer that to you once before, and you merely took the offer of peace and attacked me again with it. So once more, before the board, I ask you can you be man enough and allow for peace between us, even if we disagree? Or will you continue to turn every point of view that differs into something justifying an attack on my character( which you really do not know) , my profession (which by the way has done been done much better by the conspiracy theorists on a dozen infomercials) or some other aspect of my life?

If so, so be it. I will try this again, to accord you the respect due another man, but if you are not man enough to return that civility, I cannot make you see how stupid you are making yourself look. I can, howver, ignore you as I have since China. If you cannot carry on an intelligent non-belligerant conversation with me, then once again I will just ignore your pendantic whining and rage.

BTW, no I do not have an IQ of 200, though it has ben tested as high as 187, and never below 150. So @#$%& What? In High School I took the racially balanced IQ test that was the rage at that time in the 70's and turned out to be the blackest kid in my senior class, much to the chagrin of a host of social workers. So I have no idea why you would be at all interested in my IQ unless you plan to use intelligence as some other target for an attack.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: May 7, 2006 09:37

Hey Kahoosier

This is a post reply of mine to good ole loquacious Micksbrain the first time I encounted this gabby, not alot else to do internetaholic:

>>>

"Man you can always tell a new pleb's in town when they can't stop posting.

You know Mr Gump, for a guy that presses a button for a living - and no doubt you're a really, really good button presser on that most difficult of contraptions - the camera - you seem to be like tossing out throwaway remarks disparaging others because you are quite dazzled with all the glory of your own, trite, obtuse opinions.

Paris is overrated imo. You disagree - and I don't give a shit. No doubt you find the Eifel Tower as pretty as a rose too. It would certainly be in keeping with your general dull appreciation for anything that is the norm.

But you are amazing. 100 countries. Wow.
Do you really think besides you anyone cares?

And it gets even more sad...

"Don't tell me M.M.M.let me guess, I bet your favorite Stones album covers are "Steel Wheels", "Emotional Rescue", "Voodoo Lounge" and you hate "Ya - Ya's","Exile", "Some Girls", and "Tattoo You"

Yes very cutting button presser, this is no doubt the best you can do.
And your crowning moment for dribbling uncontrolably...

"Didn't think Monkey Man was gonna show up again - hehehehehe"

Fu ck man you gotta get over yourself.
No doubt when you arrive anywhere you do so voice first."

>>>

In the passed month alone this prattler has posted 572 times.

Although such quality OT topics about US politics and "who the biggest douchebag in the world is Angelina, Tom, Brad tralatrala" - are really germain to the Rolling Stones and music generally, along with of course being riveting and of incredible interest to say the least, we could live without them.

We could also do without you Micksbrain.

For phuk sake, just find something else to do.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Date: May 7, 2006 11:43

Monkey Man, you're a funny dude....Calling me a button pusher is like calling Jimmy Page a string plucker but that's a cute one (have heard it a million times before - it's a standard).There's A LOT more to it then that (and of course you know it and I know that you know it so I can't get worked up - good attempt though). A guy earlier today, a stranger with a great "Art Eye", called one of my shots very "Bresson" (Henri Cartier-Bresson, Probably the best Photographer who ever lived - died in Paris in his 90's a few years ago). Now who do you think I'm gonna listen to (if I listen to anyone at all), that dude, who's looking at one of my shot's as he's saying that ultra compliment or to your comment about Photography just being about pushing a button when you've never even seen one of my shots? Think Hard M.M.-LOL You think I'm kohoosier, you think I fold cause Kyle from where ever TRIES to be Mr. put down? Here, let me review your list of items mentioned....Paris, like I give a flying f*ck what ANYBODY else thinks of it - I'm there cause I dig it, that's all that matters to me - I haven't cared about what others thought since I left Jr. High School, I don't live for them, I live for me (and my Girl Friend) - that's it my man....100 countries? yeah, you seem to care cause i'm sure I only mentioned it once and you remembered....so OBVIOUSLY you do care - thanks man, I'm slightly flattered. In fact, I'm surprised how much info you have retained about me, Thanks Monkey Man, that's kinda cool. To be honest I can't get worked up over your post. I'm sure we'd probably hit it off in person. You do write well and have a damn good memory.I don't have a beef with you - I don't even remember having a problem with you..what was it? Political? (FAV STONES albums? I usually wouldn't do this but since I have no hostility towards you what so ever. LIB, SF, GYYYO, BB, EOMS. Then IORR, BAB (too short, needs 2 more songs) SG, TY OH, an MB special - Take SW, VL, and BTB and make one kick ass album (or CD-R)out of all 3 plus a few singles...

Now just skimming Dr Steph's i see he mentions his IQ range not getting that bragging about himself is EXACTLY what I was accusing him of. Can you have a high IQ and have ZERO self awareness? I doubt it. Ah, the whole thing is too long, i'll read it tomorrow - it's almost 2 am here and Monkey Man is correct, I'm on here much to much, especially lately with this Keith head injury shit. Check back with my buds later...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 7, 2006 12:52

My original thread was deleted, so here I go again:

So I have to let off steam here:

a) The whole situation sucks. Nobody knows anything, to be honest.
Someone knows that Keith is in Cleveland, some say he is still in NZ.
Some say there will be an operation (drilling holes into the skull...),
some say there is none. Some say there has already been an operation...

b) Some say the tour starts right on time. Or not, maybe a delay:
[ ] one week
[ ] two weeks
[ ] even more Choose what you like.

c) RS.COM doesn´t give a flying @#$%&. They always confirm what has
been around for a while. But in this case they don´t seem to know
what the truth is. The official site is unable to stop speculations.

d) In 1998 it was a case of broken ribs. I had tickets for the opening night
in Berlin, May 22nd. Keith fell off a ladder. Now I can laugh about that,
you can always fall off a ladder while looking for Da Vinci books. But
way back then I went nuts. A tour postponed? Shows cancelled? Where do
they put the dates? The german TV station SAT1 that sponsored the tour,
had features every night. Instead of clearing up the case they asked
question like those @#$%& tabloids always do: Will there be a European
tour? If yes, when will it start? Will your tickets be valid then? Only to
make people watch that crappy station. Finally the tour started in Nürnberg
( I had tickets for it beforehand) on June 13th. 3 weeks delay because of ribs.
I forgave keith when he entered the stage. I realised that he is human
and vulnerable - I fact I neglected before.

e) But now I must say I´m really pissed about that 62-year old (IF EITHER
THE COCONUT OR THE JETSKI CASE IS TRUE). How can one pretend to be 25 and
climb up a tree or enter a watercycle if there will be a mammoth tour
happening in 4 weeks time? He could climb whereever he wants if it is in between tours (2 years to climb, fall, get operation and recover - no problem).
But hundreds of thousands customers have their tickets in hands while one
of the 4 attractions needs to pretend he is still young or cool or athletic or whatever. Jagger must be mega pissed (as I am) - that´s amateur behaviour by a
professional).

f) Well I am just one (1) customer. But take my example: Buying RS.COM membership, waiting for the dates, Barcelona, hm, great! Asking friends,
making appointments, getting code, buying tickets in a nerve wrecking
process, booking flight, hotel and HAVING ANTICIPATION for 5 months -
Keith, read this - FIVE MONTHS! Ans then it´s all in doubt because he must
pretend being 25. I´m really pissed.

If the tour might be delayed (it CAN be the case as it seems) it will affect 2 special shows of mine (Barca and Paris I). I would want my money back. I can´t make the delayed shows. And I´m not really hot to see him coming on stage, grinning and saying: "It´s good to be here, it´s good to be anywhere. On with the show." I think I would give him the finger.

So Keith, whereever you are, I hope you´ll recover right on time. Whatever happened to you: I hope it´s not that dangerous. But you made me upset!

TooTough

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 7, 2006 13:45

He read a book in a hammock stretched out between palm trees. Or slt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-07 14:05 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: May 7, 2006 15:07

MicksBrain Wrote:
> Ya know ONE DAY Baboon Bro and Icdog were in their
> pick-up truck driving through Bakersfield,
> California listening to gospel music on the old
> radio station when a preacher came on and said
> ,"yaaa Know, you alwaaaaaysss have the Lord by yer
> side"...they were so pleased to be informed of
> this that they said "He is OK/Sun is Rubbish" 20
> times in His honor (even though it didn't change a
> F*ckin thing) ....Thank you Jesus, Thank You
> LORD...
>
> So if you're down on yer luck/and you can't
> harmonize/find an old guitar player/with
> out-of-focus eyes (from Brain surgery) YEPPP
> !!!............
>
> The Mantra: KEITH IS OK/JOHN LENNON IS STILL
> ALIVE/KEITH IS OK/JOHN LENNON IS STILL ALIVE/KEITH
> IS OK/JOHN LENNON IS STILL ALIVE (keep saying it -
> it will make it all true. And then, click your
> heals 3 times - that works too) .....

Ohh sure Brain. Blame it all on a poor baboon and a cdog. Everyone knows that it is really George W.'s fault.......

Nice song though...smiling smiley

Posted by: Doolittle ()
Date: May 7, 2006 15:24

Well- I know I'm new here, so I have to show a modicum of respect, but if you go to StonesNews.com there IS now info on there from RELIABLE news sources that KEITH IS FINE, so- I wish everyone would shut the **** up about this issue now!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 7, 2006 15:28

Sure they lie all, Reuters, AP, all the major text-tv news agencies etc etc. ;0)
Watch out for too strong rock'n'roll tobacco, folks!

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: May 7, 2006 15:31

Your right everyone needs to chill, but as with most of the "news" that post is a rehash of whats already out there. Folks either believe it or not. I still think we have alittle embaressment, some possible sobering up,and recovering going on and none of it can be fun.By the way where's Ronnie? He sems to have fallen off the face of the earth as well.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 7, 2006 15:44

Nothing new seems to has come up for some days now. Which "side" you even belong to. Same old stuff again and again.
Just leave it that way. Wait and see.

Posted by: Odd-beat ()
Date: May 7, 2006 16:45

I agree with you T&A, if that limbless tree story is true.
Getting those tickets IS a nerve-wracking experience.

Posted by: Maximus84 ()
Date: May 7, 2006 17:17

We all need to chill out!

Posted by: Angiegirl ()
Date: May 7, 2006 18:15

I can't believe you people are still discussing this here; questioning all reports and demanding personal updates on the man's health. Geez, move on, it's been known for almost a week now that's he's fine.

Date: May 7, 2006 19:06

First of all, I just wanna say that I TOTALLY agree with TOOTOUGH and his entire post. It's very unfair and just not right for the fans to not be told what's going on as soon as the Stones camp knows. My guess is they are hoping that Keith will have the medical OK to play Barcelona in late May then continue the tour afterwards. If that happens they'll down play all that's gone on (brain drainage, etc) and do a cover up, just like a sleazy politician. I personally will lose a lot of respect for them. If I was planning on see the first few weeks of the European tour I'd be so pissed off at this point....

Date: May 7, 2006 19:09

Angiegirl Wrote:
> I can't believe you people are still discussing
> this here; questioning all reports and demanding
> personal updates on the man's health. Geez, move
> on, it's been known for almost a week now that's
> he's fine.

the reason we're discuissing it here is because it's a forum and we are all concerned about Keith's health, as well as there are some unofficial reports that it's not as good as Reuters and AP reports. It is surely some kind of disinformation. It doesn't mean we believe The Sun stories etc. but there's one thing which makes me wonder that if he suffered a mild concussion and he is STILL in hospital as some are reporting than it makes me worried that there were some complications after that concussion, cause logically if there was only a mild concussion and that's it, Keith would be probably in NZ not allowed to fly for some time, but not in hospital, right?

But hell knows where is he, I just hope he is OK and he is FINE and he is COOL and he smiles so sweetly the way he just can.

Date: May 7, 2006 19:17

Keith has the right to spend his vacation however he likes! As for the "acting like he is 25" business, if he still wasn't acting like he was young he might not be touring and instead, be vacationing everyday. I also dont understand why anyone would climb a coconut tree, be it 25 or 75 years old, but who cares. It is his time and he can spend it as he wants. Get well soon Keith!

Date: May 7, 2006 19:17

this banner which appears on The Sun webpage can explain a lot, don't you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-07 19:18 by PiotrRSpl.

Date: May 7, 2006 19:39

I just wanna say something about the press. It's ALL ABOUT sources. If Fran from the Stones office comes out and says "Everything is Fine" then every legit news organization (AP, BBC, CNN, ETC) has the right to quote her and it's legit so they're out of trouble. And if she IS lying (which I think she is) all those organizations are reporting the lie cause it's all coming from the same source - one source. The only other source is leaks from people in/very close to the Stones camp leaking some truth for ethical reasons, or money, or whatever reason. So what I'm saying is you can read 200 articles but they're ALL based on only 2 sources.So is Keith Alright? I don't know...where is there one shot of any of the 4 Stones going through any airports anywhere? Rolling Stone Magazine had a giant party for it's 1000 issue the other night. Jagger is close friends with Jann Wenner (RS Owner) was Jagger there? If not, where is he? Where's Ronnie? They seem to be in hiding - No Stones, no questions, no need to lie....... I agree with the above people to chill out, but if it comes out the Stones did a cover up then my respect is gone...people (fans) with a lot less money then the Stones have are gonna get screwed if concerts are postponed and that ain't right no matter how you slice it....

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: May 7, 2006 19:53

ok, can those of you who obviously forgot to take your medication please, please do it now... Tranquilizers, valium! No uppers, please. This site is so aggressive already. Booze and pills and powders, YOU have to take your medicine, remember!

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: May 7, 2006 20:00

Are you planning go to Barcelona Shidoobee?? Madrid?? Brussels?? Are you book your fly Shidoobee?? Are you book the hotel??? Do you earn a million per month Shidoobee?? Are you a doctor Shidoobee???

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 7, 2006 20:09

cool,calm,collected Wrote:
> Keith has the right to spend his vacation however
> he likes! As for the "acting like he is 25"
> business, if he still wasn't acting like he was
> young he might not be touring and instead, be
> vacationing everyday. I also dont understand why
> anyone would climb a coconut tree, be it 25 or 75
> years old, but who cares. It is his time and he
> can spend it as he wants. Get well soon Keith!

I don´t care where he @#$%& climbs in between tours, read properly!
But I care if he has a job to do (he gets paid by us more than other
people on this planet ever earn)- then he has to take care and avoid
risks. That´s called professionality. He has got no problems to start a tour
2 weeks later - but 200.000 people might have!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home