Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 33
Re: Keith in Hospital
Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: May 6, 2006 18:15

Yes, Manhattan, I've spent "zillions" (actually approximately 470.000 USD) going to different Stones-shows world wide through the years. But I'm really fed up by the "Taylor-discussion", the rumour-shit, the wannabe-insiders who f''' everything up. I want facts, not idiots spewing out accusations and conspiratoric crap. (OK, so I don't like Bush, either - but one of the few things in this world I can't blame him for, is Keith's accident)

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 6, 2006 18:28

shidoobee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (OK, so I
> don't like Bush, either - but one of the few
> things in this world I can't blame him for, is
> Keith's accident)

Really? I just assumed it was. What with global warming, the need for resultant excessive drinking, climbing trees to access the shade....

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 6, 2006 18:33

Fran Curtis said he is fine. So, unless he falls out of his bed I assume he is fine

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 6, 2006 18:33

thank you MnLtMi
roses for you if you ain't got none ...

-------`----<@
-----,-----<@
------,-----<@

Keith, be well

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 6, 2006 18:41

I have booked this week for my family and I for Barcelona and Milano. Because I do not trust The Sun. But I have to admit that this all affair is rather strange and badly managed by Stones Corp. I am perfectly aware that Keith has to have his own privacy. But...transparency is the best remedy. Let's rock in....

Date: May 6, 2006 18:43

I'm going to Barcelona anyway. Booked and payed for everything. And I'm going to Tim Ries of course

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 6, 2006 18:45

Going to Barcelona anyway too, booked everything...But damn it - it would be quite horrible if they cancel the gig...

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 6, 2006 18:48

Yup!! I´m going to.

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: May 6, 2006 18:55

shidoobee Wrote:
> Yes, Manhattan, I've spent "zillions" (actually
> approximately 470.000 USD) going to different
> Stones-shows world wide through the years. But I'm
> really fed up by the "Taylor-discussion", the
> rumour-shit, the wannabe-insiders who f'''
> everything up. I want facts, not idiots spewing
> out accusations and conspiratoric crap. (OK, so I
> don't like Bush, either - but one of the few
> things in this world I can't blame him for, is
> Keith's accident)

Well said shidoobee. You forgot to mention all the wannabees that think they can play better If they were in The Stones.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: May 6, 2006 18:56

StonesTod Wrote:
> shidoobee Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > (OK, so I
> > don't like Bush, either - but one of the few
> > things in this world I can't blame him for, is
> > Keith's accident)
>
>
>
> Really? I just assumed it was. What with global
> warming, the need for resultant excessive
> drinking, climbing trees to access the shade....

Interesting theory...........

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 6, 2006 19:00

OK, instead of us fighting this is what we should do. Get the Phone number or Fax number for the Stones Office in London (the one they're walking out of in the Being Mick DVD). Put it on here (IORR) and we'll have as many of us as can to call or fax this FRAN and get her to tell us what's REALLY going on. It's OBVIOUS they're talking a lot but telling us NOTHING.... And like I mentioned before, People are taking off work, school, spending a hell of a lot of money and they DESERVE to get STRAIGHT, UP TO DATE information...what the f*ck is this USSR/North Korea attitude towards the fans?? Yeah, if the tour gets rearranged money's gonna be lost (but I'm SURE the Stones camp has plenty of insurance) but what about the money and time of the fans? this shows disrespect towards the fans....and lets not forget, Keith brought all this on, he was the one that was careless and now WE have to PAY? Bullshit !!! Get the number to the office - I have NO PROBLEM calling a million times....THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT THE FANS!!!

Date: May 6, 2006 19:08

Hey man, don't get mad at me, get mad at the gang that's f*ckin lying to you....If you allow them to treat you like a dog they will - WE DESERVE THE TRUTH !!!!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 6, 2006 19:10

Lorenz Wrote:
> Going to Barcelona anyway too, booked
> everything...But damn it - it would be quite
> horrible if they cancel the gig...

It would be not one but more. Not cancellations but postponements... There are 2 or 3 weeks free in the agenda. Of course, we would have lost bookings : hotels + airflights. Lot of money for a person like me, but...going to Stones concert these days is a bet. The worts is not the surest. I think to call the Stones Office is a waste of time. They know nothing or will not tell anything if there is. All the best, Keith.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 6, 2006 19:13

Barcelona is such a beautiful city. Don't cancel, amigo, even the Stones are not in. I also will be in Barcelona at the end of May, with or without the Stones.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: May 6, 2006 19:13

A Few Good Men
written by Aaron Sorkin

Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: You're goddamn right I did!! MEZ

and Ay ay baby it hurts

Date: May 6, 2006 19:14

Well, you have a point MicksBrain.
I spent a lot of money on the Stones and I feel I have a right to know what will happen to the concerts. And contrary to some others and I do not feel that all this has to be kept private, Keith has to be left alone, etc. He is a public figure, they are a professional organisation and they should act like that. It's not enough that a few lines are thrown out like "Keith is doing well and recovering" if there are hundreds of rumours flying around, leaving literally thousands of paying customers in the unknown. I know this sounds a bit harsh - I am also concerned about Keith's health, but it did never seem as if he was in real danger! Give a proper official statement - it's long over-due.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-06 19:19 by Lorenz.

Date: May 6, 2006 19:20

That's a good attitude, roll over and play dead (meant for phd's comment)...what else are we gonna do? they start getting a ton of calls say all day on Monday from all of us all over the world sooner or later the pressure will get to them - if it works in Washington D C it will work with the Stones camp.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-06 19:22 by MicksBrain.

Date: May 6, 2006 19:26

With out us fans the Stones are nothing - just ask any band that's lost it's fans (can't think of any right now).....

Date: May 6, 2006 19:28

Didn't Fran Curtis say IS FINE?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 6, 2006 19:36

Jesus, man, you're in here posting each 7th-8th minute...
Do you think the Mountain will walk to ya from sheer chatter?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 6, 2006 19:37

Harm Wrote:
> Didn't Fran Curtis say IS FINE?

Yes. And Doug got a mail from a family member of Keith and was promised he'd get a phone call if something happens. Just relax guys and gals. Keith's fine.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: May 6, 2006 19:47

Kent's right.. why worry? Keith's ok. I can feel it!

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: May 6, 2006 20:41

One good thing has come from all this.

No one is prattling on about who will replace charlie any more .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-06 23:23 by bv.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 6, 2006 21:04

Fran ansewered a press question, but for some that is not good enough. At the risk of being attacked and called names again, remember the cliche "No news is good news." When the rumours flew before this tour that MJ had throat cancer, we heard the same thing, since we had no proof to the contrary, the bad news had to be true.

I have no idea what is really going on with Keith, but I have choosen to belive he is OK. I suppose that means shortly I will be attacked. If I am wrong, I am willing to admit it when proven wrong. My quetsion is this, if those of us who believe he is ok are right, will any of those adamant to the contrary be willing to admit on the board that they were wrong?

If Keith steps on stage on May 27, I suppose the doom prophets will merely say that he had the best health care and got better, they were never wrong, and the rest of us can not prove it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 6, 2006 21:08

kahoosier Wrote:
> Fran ansewered a press question, but for some
> that is not good enough. At the risk of being
> attacked and called names again,

POLLYANNA! (...there, hopefully I've diffused the risk with a tasteful, but pointed name)

Date: May 6, 2006 21:16

LOL well Stonestodd, at least the name calling comes from an unexpected source this time smiling smiley!! And its a new name too! God I feel better already.

Date: May 6, 2006 21:20

Btw, a little detail: the Stones show in Barcelona doesn't show up anymore on servicaixa.com....only the Madrid show is still up there.

Date: May 6, 2006 21:26

Hopefully it is because they are sold out? How long has it been missing?

BTW Lorenz, I will be at BRNO and Vienna...drinks??

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: May 6, 2006 21:29

kahoosier Wrote:
> Fran ansewered a press question, but for some
> that is not good enough. At the risk of being
> attacked and called names again, remember the
> cliche "No news is good news." When the rumours
> flew before this tour that MJ had throat cancer,
> we heard the same thing, since we had no proof to
> the contrary, the bad news had to be true.
>
> I have no idea what is really going on with Keith,
> but I have choosen to belive he is OK. I suppose
> that means shortly I will be attacked. If I am
> wrong, I am willing to admit it when proven wrong.
> My quetsion is this, if those of us who believe he
> is ok are right, will any of those adamant to the
> contrary be willing to admit on the board that
> they were wrong?
>
> If Keith steps on stage on May 27, I suppose the
> doom prophets will merely say that he had the best
> health care and got better, they were never wrong,
> and the rest of us can not prove it.

I think since we haven't been given any DETAILS from Keith, his family, or RS Inc about Keith's accident and injury, many fans will keep an open mind about what actually happened and the extent Keith's injury will impact his future. By posting info from both sides of the coin, we can all make our own decisions about what the info presented could mean. I don't believe sticking my head in the sand is a realistic approach to coping with this issue.

None of us know any details. Some day we'll all know enough of the details to know Keith's well being. As Keith is scheduled for a performance on 27May, we'll in some way know at least a bit of info relatively soon.

Date: May 6, 2006 21:30

kahoosier Wrote:
> Hopefully it is because they are sold out? How
> long has it been missing?
>
> BTW Lorenz, I will be at BRNO and
> Vienna...drinks??

Just noticed it now - hope it's gone because it's sold out too.
Looking forward to some drinks wit ya!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home