Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 33
Re: Keith in Hospital
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: May 8, 2006 15:41

I find it interesting that the same “devil may care” attitude that most people have always admired in Keith Richards now has many of you POed because it has cost you money or time. I am sure this is not the first time that KR actions have unconvinced someone, and I believe if you asked him he would own up every one. My impression is he is the kind of person who lives by his own rules and accepts the blame for screw-ups. I think most of us can not live this way and admire him for it, I do. “The price of an education”.
I think when the final score is tallied on KR they will have to weigh the pleasure he has brought others and the trouble he has cause others, and I think he’ll do OK in the final judgment. ….lets not rush that though – OK Keith.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 8, 2006 15:43

Glad to get some decent information (see NME-link and the other thread).
Sorry for you Southern Europeans;
but you will have them later I reckon.

Posted by: Maximus84 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 15:58

Mah i don't know what to think......

Date: May 8, 2006 16:00

Come on-NME.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:02

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry for you Southern Europeans

FYI, at a European premiere there are fans from all over the world in attendance. Many not in a majority, but still.

Date: May 8, 2006 16:02

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> Come on-NME.

Fran Curtis a few days ago said that he's ok, and now this news. Really don't know what to think.

Date: May 8, 2006 16:04

Well, I dont feel too sorry for people that can afford such luxury, pardon me, Erik.

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:04

Well, don't the reports say that he'd been out of the hospital and had had hedaches so went back in for surgery? They probably thought that he was ok when she made that report, but the situation changed. If these new reports are true.

Date: May 8, 2006 16:12

Yes but hope that only first 2-4 shows will be postponed for the end and the tour to kick in june 2006.

Posted by: bar_room_queen ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:12

i got this from the nme, and i've always trusted what they have to say:
[www.nme.com]

i just think it's really pissy the way the "stones camp" waffled their way thru this whole matter. they seem to enjoy letting the fans fret and stew.

i hope they don't take their time announcing the new dates. although, it must take quite a lot of juggling and shifting. where is bill graham's successor!

get well, keith.

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:25

Looks like the Sun was right after all... dammit

[news.yahoo.com]-

get well soon keef....

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:36

keefkid Wrote:
> Looks like the Sun was right after all... dammit
>
> [news.yahoo.com]
> _dc;_ylt=At66dFLN9vfscqk0rUC25P2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA
> 3YXYwNDRrBHNlYwM3NjI-
>
> get well soon keef....

Will you people leave The Sun where it belongs?? And that is to the gutter.

The Sun claimed Keith had surgery last Wednesday. Where's the truth in that?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:48

LolA Wrote:
Will you people leave The Sun where it belongs??
> And that is to the gutter.
>
> The Sun claimed Keith had surgery last Wednesday.
> Where's the truth in that?

it could well be the truth- we don't know- we haven't been told.
The Sun could well be correct

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 8, 2006 16:53

That's the official statement:

"Keith Richards had surgery Monday in New Zealand to relieve pressure in his head following a fall, his representative said.

The Rolling Stones guitarist was "up and talking" soon after surgery at The Ascot Hospital in Auckland, but was expected to take several weeks to recuperate, LD Communications said Monday in a statement issued in London.

"Last week Keith was under observation in Auckland following a fall in Fiji and was feeling well after being examined by doctors last week," the statement said. "However after complaining of headaches yesterday, doctors thought it prudent to move ahead with a small operation to remove the pressure."

Date: May 8, 2006 16:57

This statement looks as though the publisist didn't lie at all. Keith was out of the hospital and thought to be getting better, but later had to go back to the hospital for surgery. We can't blame her for lying if this is the case.

Posted by: gia43 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:05

[www.rollingstones.com]

Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 8, 2006 17:54

cali stones fan Wrote:
> This statement looks as though the publisist
> didn't lie at all. Keith was out of the hospital
> and thought to be getting better, but later had to
> go back to the hospital for surgery. We can't
> blame her for lying if this is the case.

yeah sure if you take it at face value. However it was widely reported several days ago that Keith would require more surgery. The Stones spokeswoman categorically denied it and said the tour would start on schedule. I dont believe for a second that they only decided at a few hours notice that he required surgery

Date: May 8, 2006 17:59

In my opinoin, once they decided that he needed surgery they probably would have done it as soon as possible so that he could begin recovering. So it is possible that they decided a few hours before surgery began. At least in my opinion, and I know I could be wrong.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 8, 2006 18:01

Are we to assume, regardless of his persistent way, that MicksBrain was right all the time!!?!?!?!

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: May 8, 2006 18:24

Sam Spade Wrote:
> Re: Do you think
> Posted by: Sam Spade (IP Logged)
> Date: May 4, 2006 04:55
>
> I for one hope it's not more serious than what has
> been reported.
>
> Now 3 days later since that post we learn Keith
> did undergo surgery for a blood clot on his brain

Has anyone thought that Keith's current situation was a day to day thing and the doctors were trying to make an accurate diagnosis?

People on this board are too busy complaining that there has not been any "Offical" statement on RS.com, (it's there now) [www.rollingstones.com]

Have the fans been lied to, NO you have not. The reports were out there and picked up by the major news outlets. Yet, when the news originally came from a NZ newspaper people wanted to dismiss it as a hoax, now we all realize it's a fact.

Sure people will lose hard earned money because they booked flights, hotel rooms and purchased tix. Yes, the word is the tour will resume in June, but keep in mind things change and that announcement may be the first of many contingency plans.

Depending on Keith's health and recuperation the remainder of the tour could be scrapped altogether. We are talking about a man's life here, a 62 yr old man at that. Keith is not immortal. He once said "we'll stop when the hearse rolls up". Well, the hearse hasn't rolled up just a reallity check. If Keith had died from this incident I suspect there would be a different tone of discussion on this board.

People talk about Ronnie's drinking issues but never mention that Keith may also have the same drinking problems (although his past drug addiction overshadowed it).

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 8, 2006 18:32

T&A - Looks like we knew what we were talking about for once.

CindyC Wrote:
> T&A Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> yup - Fran and Scott are in the same biz - that's
> my point - you take what they say with a grain of
> salt
>
>
> Exactly! I know how publicists work, that's why
> I'm still not 100% relieved. Feeling better, but
> still not relieved.

Date: May 8, 2006 18:32

We all want KEEF to have a speedy and complete recovery before resuming the tour. There is no substitute for KEEF - better to wait it out until his health is regained and he is back to his good old self again. This is not the end! It's a delay, and the changes are not figured out yet so lets give KEEF some RESPECT which he deserves, shit happens!!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 8, 2006 18:37

CindyC Wrote:
> T&A - Looks like we knew what we were talking
> about for once.
>
>
>

I resent that remark. This is the 2nd time for me.

Date: May 8, 2006 18:40

xxx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 21:13 by CindyC.

Date: May 8, 2006 18:48

as Bobby said, "you are right from your side and I am right from mine." In this case, "they were wrong from theirs" - but that's splitting hairs.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: May 8, 2006 19:18

Sorry, but I can't understand you.

Keith is in hospital, with a real severe injury. In the case of him with his alcoholism it's life threatening for sure. There's danger of embolism f.ex. even after the surgery.

Most of you here can't love this guy, making silly jokes or complaining about face value of tickets and other shit!

@#$%& off, and go home. You gotta be ashamed. You should be praying, not moaning.

I'm with him, and hope he'll be fine as soon as possible.

Date: May 8, 2006 19:20

micawber Wrote:
> > >
> @#$%& off, and go home.

Can I wait until my boss says it's okay?

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: May 8, 2006 19:22

Very funny, Tits & Ass. Is there anything else you are?

Date: May 8, 2006 19:27

Micawber,

I am not one of those that is complaining or making Keith jokes. But I think you are being a little harsh here.

In many instances where a person does something that causes their injury the feelings of caring & well-wishes tend to go hand-in-hand with feelings of annoyance and wonderment of how someone could do such a stupid thing that caused them such harm.

It sounds as though a lot of people went through a lot of trouble to go see their favorite band and now some of them might have done all that for nothing. I can understand feelings of annoyance here, cut them a break.

Pretty much everyone is here because of a love for the Rolling Stones. Give them a day to get over it. Additionally, there is a lot of frustration as people feel lied to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-08 19:28 by CindyC.

Date: May 8, 2006 19:27

Yes, I'm very very sorry.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2527
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home