Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8
Re: OT: Aerosmith stuff
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 2, 2023 14:29

I saw them for the 5th and final time 43 years ago. Don't really see any point in going to one last show this late in the game.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: May 2, 2023 14:38

TornAndFried

Hopefully the "Peace Out" means they are going to retire after this tour. Another once-great band that has continued on for far too long.[/quote]

I shake my head reading comments like this. What's your point? I doubt you have a problem getting out and seeing some old guys playing the blues.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 2, 2023 19:02

Paddy
DGA35
No Vancouver show (yet). Looking at the tour dates, I honestly don't think Aerosmith's final show ever will be in Montreal, of all places. They'll probably stretch it out with more dates next year with a final show perhaps at Fenway Park?

This is another of those tours I mentioned that hits Seattle and no further.
Is there a chance 2-3 additional Canadian cities are announced after the Montreal date do you think? (wishful thinking….)

I've noticed this too..

I just read an article from global news where Tyler said this '“It’s the final farewell tour, but I have a feeling it will go on for a while,” he said. “But I don’t know how many times we’ll be coming back to the same cities. It could very possibly be the last time.”

I would imagine they will do a secondary market Canadian tour, after hitting up Europe/asia/Latin America/Australia.. assuming the wheels don't come off before then.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 2, 2023 19:34

BeastyBurdeny

I just read an article from global news where Tyler said this '“It’s the final farewell tour, but I have a feeling it will go on for a while,” he said. “But I don’t know how many times we’ll be coming back to the same cities. It could very possibly be the last time.”

That comment came from Joe Perry.

[apnews.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 2, 2023 20:02

BeastyBurdeny
Paddy
DGA35
No Vancouver show (yet). Looking at the tour dates, I honestly don't think Aerosmith's final show ever will be in Montreal, of all places. They'll probably stretch it out with more dates next year with a final show perhaps at Fenway Park?

This is another of those tours I mentioned that hits Seattle and no further.
Is there a chance 2-3 additional Canadian cities are announced after the Montreal date do you think? (wishful thinking….)

I've noticed this too..

I would imagine they will do a secondary market Canadian tour, after hitting up Europe/asia/Latin America/Australia.. assuming the wheels don't come off before then.

Based on what Joe said, I'm sure they'll hit major markets a second time as well as other cities not in this original list.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 2, 2023 20:53

What's the over/under on this tour actually finishing if it even starts?

Date: May 3, 2023 05:58

bye bye johnny
BeastyBurdeny

That comment came from Joe Perry.

[apnews.com]

whoops! my bad, skimmed the article and posted here quick before a work meeting.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 3, 2023 16:23

Woz

Don't bet against them...It will start and it will finish.
I'd rather bet on an Aerosmith tour than a Stones tour at this point.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 3, 2023 20:40

Woz

All the shows may not take place on the scheduled dates but I think the insurance companies will do everything possible to see this thru.

OT: Aerosmith stuff
Date: May 5, 2023 21:24

Ticket sales for the "Peace Out" tour appear to be brisk, even with a top ticket price of $550+.

[www.the-sun.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 5, 2023 21:41

bye bye johnny
Ticket sales for the "Peace Out" tour appear to be brisk, even with a top ticket price of $550+.

[www.the-sun.com]

Got some at $232 each before fees ($293 after fees), in section 103 at Bridgestone (Nashville). Seemed to be a sweet spot for price and location.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-05 21:42 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 5, 2023 22:00

Dan
Woz

All the shows may not take place on the scheduled dates but I think the insurance companies will do everything possible to see this thru.

Its not up to the insurance companies. They have nothing to do with making the tour work. It’s up to the promoter.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: May 5, 2023 22:41

who's opening up for them Kiss or Motley Crue?

Date: May 5, 2023 22:50

umakmehrd
who's opening up for them Kiss or Motley Crue?

The Black Crowes.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 5, 2023 23:52

More Hot Rocks
Dan
Woz

Its not up to the insurance companies. They have nothing to do with making the tour work. It’s up to the promoter.

The insurance company pays out if the tour goes off the rails.

Date: May 10, 2023 13:20

Date: May 10, 2023 23:31

I caved and got nosebleeds for 184 CAD each in Seattle... most I've ever paid for a nosebleed

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 11, 2023 00:33

BeastyBurdeny
I caved and got nosebleeds for 184 CAD each in Seattle... most I've ever paid for a nosebleed

I'm still hoping for a Vancouver date to be announced later on!

Date: May 11, 2023 03:57

DGA35
BeastyBurdeny

I'm still hoping for a Vancouver date to be announced later on!

I imagine they will hit Vancouver and other secondary NA markets, after hitting some other global regions Europe, Australia/Asia, Latin America..

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 11, 2023 07:43

TornAndFried
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

--

Besides Boston's TD Garden above, that Twitter thread includes images from other arenas.

Hopefully the "Peace Out" means they are going to retire after this tour. Another once-great band that has continued on for far too long.

A lot of people say the same about The Rolling Stones.

Date: May 11, 2023 07:48

tatters
I saw them for the 5th and final time 43 years ago. Don't really see any point in going to one last show this late in the game.

All of what you describe sounds like zero fun. They've had excellent tunes since you last saw them.

Date: May 11, 2023 07:49

Woz

Better than The Who!

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 11, 2023 11:27

They will finish this tour. They are healthy and ready to do at least 40 dates. It will likely be close to be 100 dates at a minimum. Those guys really do their best.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 11, 2023 12:45

I saw some tickets for the Seattle show that were $111 this morning. Not great seats but sort of affordable.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: May 11, 2023 16:01

Aerosmith has been doing short sets for years, which is disguised a bit by having a quality opening act.

Date: August 22, 2023 14:14

I just checked on how Aerosmith were doing, and quickly found out that it's not only our boys who flub notes grinning smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-08-22 15:06 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: August 22, 2023 17:15

Do we reckon this tour will get to Europe? Summer 24?

Date: September 3, 2023 20:04

Aerosmith bids an unsentimental farewell to Philadelphia at the Wells Fargo Center

The veteran band played favorites from throughout their 50-year career to kick off their Peace Out tour on Saturday.

by Shaun Brady
Sep. 3, 2023

Yong Kim

[www.inquirer.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 4, 2023 19:21

GasLightStreet
tatters

All of what you describe sounds like zero fun. They've had excellent tunes since you last saw them.

It won't top the 70s, but for what its worth Steven still sounds amazing and they put on a great show if you are an Aerosmith fan.

Yes they do a shorter show, but if thats how Steven maintains I'd rather that. I'd rather more years than destroying his voice, though I will agree I wish the setlist was more varied. They do play a decent amount of deep cuts, more than they have to, but there's about half the set they play every night when they have enough hits to switch those out and no one would be upset. I got Janie's Got A Gun the other night and that was the first time I'd heard it in 4 times of seeing them! They could also switch up the locations of Sweet Emotion, Walk This Way and Dream On.

But again, thats nitpicking. Its a solid show, if not too expensive. I do think this tour will extend to Europe. I really can't imagine they're playing the whole "farewell" card just to play 40 dates in the US. I'd think Europe, then maybe South America if they are big enough there, then wrap it all up with like 5-10 east coast shows. I don't know how they don't end in Boston, I'm guessing at Fenway. I'd like to see Joey Kramer play with them this tour too. Cause I love that its 4 of the 5 but this was also the first show I've seen where it wasn't all 5, and I did love that.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: September 4, 2023 19:23

Thanks Bye Bye Johnny.

" A midshow run of bluesy deep cuts — including the wintry “Seasons of Wither” a thundering “Rats in the Cellar” stretched out with guitar jams, and a cover of Fleetwood Mac’s “Stop Messin’ Around” with Perry on lead vocals — seemed to test the crowd’s patience; the energy in the room was restored by the schlocky ballad “I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing.”

Can you believe it? The same problem as the Stones have when playing deep cuts...

RnT

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 6 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home