Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Petition is up and running to get the msg 1969 shows released
Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: March 1, 2022 08:37

Done !!

Re: Petition to get all 3 shows from MSG 1969 released
Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: March 1, 2022 10:17

Done! Fingers crossed and thank you Sighunt for all your hard work in this project.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-01 10:19 by Paul Kersey.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 1, 2022 10:28

Singed.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 1, 2022 10:47

Thank you very much for your efforts, friend. Signed, Thomas.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 1, 2022 18:23

Signed and I contributed some $$ to the cause.

I will post this on a small Stones forum I belong to and also see if I am allowed to post this on the Steve Hoffman forum as there are a lot of Stone fans there.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 1, 2022 19:12

oldschool

I will post this on a small Stones forum I belong to and also see if I am allowed to post this on the Steve Hoffman forum as there are a lot of Stone fans there.

Thank you oldschool and everyone else who have signed the petition so far. I went on the Shidoobee doug site to do a little advertising and also went on a couple Stones fan sites on Facebook. I am also looking into and researching posting an ad or two in some popular music trade publications.

If anyone from this site would like to strategize with me about potential sites that I should be contacting or you have connections with, please feel free to contact me at my private e-mail of ssigel@rochester.rr.com rather than tie up this thread with lengthy extraneous conversations that could take the focus off the petition.

Here is the petition link again if anybody needs to pass it on to others:

[chng.it]

Once again, thank you all. I cannot get this to the masses without your cooperation and help.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-01 19:14 by Sighunt.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 1, 2022 20:08

i went to sleep last night and we were at 10 now we're at 54!

keep it up everone

Date: March 1, 2022 20:12

Sighunt
oldschool

Thank you oldschool and everyone else who have signed the petition so far. I went on the Shidoobee doug site to do a little advertising and also went on a couple Stones fan sites on Facebook. I am also looking into and researching posting an ad or two in some popular music trade publications.

If anyone from this site would like to strategize with me about potential sites that I should be contacting or you have connections with, please feel free to contact me at my private e-mail of ssigel@rochester.rr.com rather than tie up this thread with lengthy extraneous conversations that could take the focus off the petition.

Here is the petition link again if anybody needs to pass it on to others:

[chng.it]

Once again, thank you all. I cannot get this to the masses without your cooperation and help.

My pleasure Sig.

I was advised by a Steve Hoffman Forum moderator that I was not allowed to create thread to another forum but he suggested to add a note to my signature so it will show in all of my 3000+ posts. Hope this results in more people signing the petition.

Here is my new signature

:cop: Please sign the Rolling Stones 1969 MSG Boxset Petition to get all three MSG shows released!!!! :tiphat:

Sign the Petition
[www.change.org]

My handle on the SH forum is "classicrocker"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-01 20:23 by oldschool.

Date: March 2, 2022 18:03

Not trying to be negative but we are only up to 78 signatures so far and with the large membership of IORR I would have expected several hundred signatures by now.

Am I being too optimistic or is it just that only a small core of the membership still visits this forum so many active members already signed ?

Thoughts?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-02 18:06 by oldschool.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: March 2, 2022 18:13

Add one more. Great request!

Date: March 2, 2022 18:24

oldschool
Not trying to be negative but we are only up to 78 signatures so far and with the large membership of IORR I would have expected several hundred signatures by now.

Am I being too optimistic or is it just that only a small core of the membership still visits this forum so many active members already signed ?

Thoughts?

Given the fact that 5800+ have viewed this post, I'm a little perplexed as well.

According to the About IORR page on this site:

"Every year IORR is visited by more than two million visitors. Tens of thousands of fans post their opinions, thoughts and information on IORR. There are visitors to IORR from approx 200 nations across the world"

So given your post oldschool, by this point we should have (more like and closer to) 700 rather than 70 just from this site alone?

Related to this, I had some folks contact me who questioned whether it costs anything to sign the petition. The answer is no-only if you want to donate. I watched my wife sign the petition yesterday. It is rather user friendly and easy. Also, you are not required to become involved in any other causes.

So, if you haven't signed on, please help us with this proposal. I can't in good faith send this petition to Abkco and/or the Stones organization with just 70+ signatures. More signatures make more of an impact!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-02 18:32 by Sighunt.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 2, 2022 19:22

I signed a couple of days agothumbs up

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 2, 2022 20:06

Firstly I'm part of a musicians facebook page and despite 2000 members the CDs still only sale about 50-100 copies so 70 people signing is not unusual.
Second whether you like it or not most see this as a gallant but ultimately futile exercise. Sorry but some one had to say it.
Still I wish you well.

Date: March 2, 2022 20:40

The GR
Firstly I'm part of a musicians facebook page and despite 2000 members the CDs still only sale about 50-100 copies so 70 people signing is not unusual.
Second whether you like it or not most see this as a gallant but ultimately futile exercise. Sorry but some one had to say it.
Still I wish you well.

GR- those sentiments you bring up were already taken into consideration and "baked into the cake" so to speak when I began this whole thing. In fact, you should have been around these parts in 2007/08 when I pitched the Ya Yas Project. Boy, I practically got crucified (I am exaggerating a little bit of course) by people on this board, and other Stones fan sites who thought I was crazy, over-stepping my bounds, and basically putting me down for my efforts-and then when the 40th anniversary Ya Yas box set was released in 2009, they sort of back-paddled and sang a different tune...

I don't know about you- but I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to do the should-a, could-a, would-as dance. Been there, done that....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 05:24 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 3, 2022 01:29

Agreed siggy...you don't want to die wondering!
Great job

Date: March 3, 2022 06:04

Thanks for organising this Sighunt.
Signed and chipped in a few $$.

Date: March 3, 2022 06:29

Right Shoe Shuffle
Thanks for organising this Sighunt.
Signed and chipped in a few $$.

Thank you!

Date: March 3, 2022 06:29

S.T.P
I signed a couple of days agothumbs up

Thank you!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 3, 2022 08:35

Done!!!
C'mon boys!

Posted by: timmertwins ()
Date: March 3, 2022 10:10

I signed the petition too. Fingers crossed. It will be great if we get this done.

Date: March 3, 2022 13:37

timmertwins
I signed the petition too. Fingers crossed. It will be great if we get this done.

To quote a familiar entertainer that we view rather fondly: "Thank you kindly!"

PS- I checked the petition this morning, and by golly, we are over 100 signatures now Whoo Whoo (LOL)!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 14:13 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: March 3, 2022 13:42

I just got my son to sign spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 3, 2022 14:02

Signed and shared on Facebook

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 3, 2022 14:36

Sighunt
The GR
Still I wish you well.

GR- those sentiments you bring up were already taken into consideration and "baked into the cake" so to speak when I began this whole thing. In fact, you should have been around these parts in 2007/08 when I pitched the Ya Yas Project. Boy, I practically got crucified (I am exaggerating a little bit of course) by people on this board, and other Stones fan sites who thought I was crazy, over-stepping my bounds, and basically putting me down for my efforts-and then when the 40th anniversary Ya Yas box set was released in 2009, they sort of back-paddled and sang a different tune...

I don't know about you- but I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to do the should-a, could-a, would-as dance. Been there, done that....

If you took low uptake in to consideration you shouldn't be perplexed by the number who have signed.
I have been a member of IORR since 1982 and on this site for over 20 years so saying I 'should have been around' is condescending.
What part did you play in the creation of the 40th anniversary box. Just wondering what communication you had with ABKCO people about it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 14:37 by The GR.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 3, 2022 14:54

Signed.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 3, 2022 17:06

To be honest, I'm surprise BV hasn't made this a sticky.
I've seen worse stickys in my time on iorr...

I thought we were all on the same page here...

Date: March 3, 2022 17:16

The GR
Sighunt
The GR
Still I wish you well.

If you took low uptake in to consideration you shouldn't be perplexed by the number who have signed.
I have been a member of IORR since 1982 and on this site for over 20 years so saying I 'should have been around' is condescending.
What part did you play in the creation of the 40th anniversary box. Just wondering what communication you had with ABKCO people about it?

No disrespect to you GR. If that statement, "You should have been around" offends you, I will apologize. It was more me attempting to be humorous.

Anyway, regarding your question about what part I played in the creation of the 40th anniversary box set, I'm not going to take credit for "creating it"- I'm a little more humble than that (LOL)- but I (along with other folks who were involved with the Ya Yas Project as we called it) feel confident that all the advertising we did on Stones boards, music trade publications, and yes contacting Abkco and the Stones organization (which wasn't me BTW-and presenting them with the final petition), created awareness and demand for the product we were pitching (which was an expanded re-issue of Ya Yas with the added missing tracks along with music from the supporting musical artists).

GR- I don't know how much of an impact what we did influenced the release of that 40th anniversary box set (it may have been just one big coincidence), but I know that I was extremely grateful at the time to hold in my hands, an expanded edition of what I consider to be the Rolling Stones best live record!

PS- I know you don't know me well, but I really have good intentions. I may from time to time criticize them on this board, but I love the Stones and their music! I have been a fan since I was a teenager, and my opinion of them hasn't changed- They are the Greatest Rock and Roll Band on the planet Earth! If I didn't feel passionate about them, I wouldn't be sticking my neck out like this!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 18:13 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 3, 2022 18:05

Signed.

- Doxa

Date: March 3, 2022 18:35

Doxa
Signed.

- Doxa

Thank you for your support!

Date: March 3, 2022 18:37

Silver Dagger
Signed.

Thank you!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home