Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 9, 2020 03:42

It changes because the young people who have sniffles don’t go in to get tested. Plus there are not enough test kits to screen everyone that goes to the doctor. Therefore way more people in the community have it. The actual fatality rate is maybe 1 to 2%

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 9, 2020 04:16

swimtothemoon
DeanGoodman
rara
thistrain9900
If they do decide to postpone the tour vs. cancel it, how long a period of time is considered safe to postpone it? 3 months like last year or more?

I think at this point there is no way the tour will go ahead as planned. They will most likely push it to fall for now and see how the outbreak develops. If necessary, they would then push it again to next year.

That's where my money is, literally. Now hoping to replace my roof this year rather than give it to Mick.

Yes its not looking too good. However if they postpone the tour and begin in the fall, which might be the safest option, then it could be difficult to secure the same venues. So with that plan some shows might have to be cancelled.

Maybe they can begin July 1st similar to their plan in 2019? This would be
a gamble though since it’s unknown how long the Coronavirus will be active
and disruptive.

The other option would be to move the tour start to May of 2021 and keep
all the same venues with similar dates and city sequence. Although this
is a long time to expect ticket holders to wait.

The idea that this will blow over this summer and we're good by fall is folly unfortunately. They can't get vaccinations ready that quickly...the summer lull which is normal for even the flu, will result it come roaring back by autumn.

If they cancel, which seems likely, this could be it for awhile.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: March 9, 2020 04:23

They just cancelled the big tennis tournament, BNP Paribas Open, in Indian Wells, California. For those who don’t know, that’s the huge tennis tournament near Palm Springs and the Coachella Festival site. Not a good sign.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 04:25 by StonesSoCal.

Posted by: CUBBIE ()
Date: March 9, 2020 07:48

The Rolling Stoes Tour 2020 as planned would be irresponisibale,not least for the crowded audiences,with no whatsover knowledge about the spread of Covid-19 in USA,combined with visitors from abroad.
If at all possible postpone till late autumn in small arenas with one armlength to the one beside.
Next summer there is,a slight chance for a vaccine a reevalution of a summer tour 2021

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 9, 2020 08:15

Paribas Open (AKA Indian Wells) tennis tournament canceled because of positive case in the area, which probably means Coachella (same area) won't be far behind.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 9, 2020 09:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 20:40 by colonial.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 9, 2020 10:33

Yesterday in Italy, 133 deaths in 24hours.
This is an worldwide pandemic illness.
Do you really think the tour goes on???? IMO : NO.
And i'm afraid when this virus is worldwide under control.
Bill Gates (Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) has given 15.000 moleculs to the Belgium Leuven University to find out which can be used for protection against this worldwide illness.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 9, 2020 12:03

Please do not post political comments here.
Also, please do NOT quote any political posts.
All political posts will be deleted within 24 hours.

Also, please do NOT post undocumented "facts".
It is FAKE NEWS to say that the fatality rate is 5%, without having a solid reference.
By a solid reference I mean public well known news sites or WHO, UN etc.
Undocumented posts will be deleted, just like political posts.

Bjornulf

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 9, 2020 12:17

CUBBIE
The Rolling Stoes Tour 2020 as planned would be irresponisibale,not least for the crowded audiences,with no whatsover knowledge about the spread of Covid-19 in USA,combined with visitors from abroad.
If at all possible postpone till late autumn in small arenas with one armlength to the one beside.
Next summer there is,a slight chance for a vaccine a reevalution of a summer tour 2021

If the vaccine arrives in the summer 2021, then you have to add some time to manufacture it on the mass scale, and to get millions of people vaccinated. It will take at least a couple of months. Then you have to wait a couple of more months to see if the vaccine is effective. So I'd say that mass events could be back in the spring 2022. And that's only IF the vaccine arrives on time and is effective. If there's a delay or it will prove ineffective, then forget about 2022 tour.

Date: March 9, 2020 12:18

Rockman

THE AGE -- 9 March 2020

THIS IS A HIGHLY ACCURATE ARTICLE. THANKS FOR POSTING. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BEFORE THEY POST ANYTHING RELATED TO THE FATALITY RATE!

What we need now is facts not fear and doomsday talks.

Bjornulf

Date: March 9, 2020 12:35

It takes 12-18 months to make a safe and trusted vaccine. If they rush a new vaccine, then they might end up with unwanted side effects, like the ones we had when the swine flu was around, with narcolepsy etc.

Experts on virology says there are two basic rules on any new vaccine:

1. It should work
2. It should be safe, with no major side effects

It’s going to take a lot longer to make a COVID-19 vaccine than a treatment

Health Authorities Now Admit Severe Side Effects of Vaccination
Swine Flu, Pandemrix and Narcolepsy

Bjornulf

Date: March 9, 2020 13:02

Good morning! Another week with worries and hopes - spring is here!

Do not believe in all the doomsday talks. Trust the serious news and hard working journalists. Do not read just one news channel - read 5-6 separate sources, serious and non-political.

I have listed a few international trusted sites. Some have limitations on number of pages read. Before you read, or while your read, do the following:

1. With Chrome, write Control Shift N - then you will get a new incognito browser instance
2. Chose "translate" so that you may read the news in your own language

[edition.cnn.com]

[www.bbc.com]

[www.faz.net]

[www.corriere.it]

[www.washingtonpost.com]

[www.latimes.com]

[www.chicagotribune.com]

Bjornulf

Date: March 9, 2020 13:11

bv
Good morning! Another week with worries and hopes - spring is here!

Do not believe in all the doomsday talks. Trust the serious news and hard working journalists. Do not read just one news channel - read 5-6 separate sources, serious and non-political.

I have listed a few international trusted sites. Some have limitations on number of pages read. Before you read, or while your read, do the following:

1. With Chrome, write Control Shift N - then you will get a new incognito browser instance
2. Chose "translate" so that you may read the news in your own language

[edition.cnn.com]

[www.bbc.com]

[www.faz.net]

[www.corriere.it]

[www.washingtonpost.com]

[www.latimes.com]

[www.chicagotribune.com]

If you spend some time reading these major news sites then you will see a few important advices:

1. If you are on a cruise ship, then leave it
2. Avoid travel to areas with many coronavirus cases (see map below)

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE - Live data

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 9, 2020 13:16

Excellent list of trusted sites, Bjornulf.

This is a good site here in the Seattle area, which also has dropped it's paywall on all virus related articles.
[www.seattletimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 13:28 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 9, 2020 13:18

bv
Please do not post political comments here.
Also, please do NOT quote any political posts.
All political posts will be deleted within 24 hours.

Also, please do NOT post undocumented "facts".
It is FAKE NEWS to say that the fatality rate is 5%, without having a solid reference.
By a solid reference I mean public well known news sites or WHO, UN etc.
Undocumented posts will be deleted, just like political posts.

Hi BV, with apologies. I had indicated a higher death rate based on resolved outcomes, ie either you recover or you do not. Here is my source, which simply uses the published numbers.

[www.worldometers.info]

So while the official rate is now 3.4%, that is based on a rapidly increasing denominator (number of new cases), so could be underreporting, if that makes sense. Please delete this post if you feel it is inaccurate.

thanks.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: March 9, 2020 13:40

timbernardis
I think we will know a lot more as to large outdoor event cancellations with the advent of the regular baseball season which begins on March 26th.

plexi
The league are not going to cancel MLB games. Just as they have not (to date) cancelled any NBA, NHL, NCAA, PGA, etc. games/events.

Cancelling games would have systemic and wide-spread issues all over the place for the season.

Many of their showcase events are coming soon (NBA/NHL playoffs, NCAA March Madness, The Masters). It would take global and catastrophic events to mandate the leagues to cancel these events

Cancelling games would have systemic and wide-spread issues

If anything, they might switch games from HOME to AWAY or alternate venues, or (which the leagues have begun to mention) is to play the games without fans.

Date: March 9, 2020 14:00

OneHourPhoto
timbernardis
I think we will know a lot more as to large outdoor event cancellations with the advent of the regular baseball season which begins on March 26th.

plexi
The league are not going to cancel MLB games. Just as they have not (to date) cancelled any NBA, NHL, NCAA, PGA, etc. games/events.

Cancelling games would have systemic and wide-spread issues all over the place for the season.

Many of their showcase events are coming soon (NBA/NHL playoffs, NCAA March Madness, The Masters). It would take global and catastrophic events to mandate the leagues to cancel these events

Cancelling games would have systemic and wide-spread issues

If anything, they might switch games from HOME to AWAY or alternate venues, or (which the leagues have begun to mention) is to play the games without fans.

That is already happening. No reason it why it won't happen in the US as well.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 9, 2020 14:04

The local news broadcasts in Seattle have been pretty even handed & factual for the most part. I believe they all have streaming available:

KOMO (ABC network)
KIRO (CBS network)
KING (NBC network)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 9, 2020 14:19

This weekend there was a guy on the American Fox News network claiming that because you can’t see germs then they don’t exist >grinning smiley<

Nate

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 9, 2020 14:36

The death rate is not 3.4 pct.
This was 'true' in the early days, when the top half of the denominator (deaths) but not the bottom half (actual cases). This is why we have panics, when people don't understand data or how to apply the current facts.
South Korea has texted more widely than any nation and the numbers from there show the death rate as closer to .5 pct.
There are other things which should encourage us. Epidemics follow a pattern or rising, peaking and falling (Farr's Law). China is reporting numbers that show the virus has already peaked there.
I worked in journalism for many years. A journalist will always choose the alarming source over the reassuring source. Journalists don't understand math or science and don't put things in perspective.

Date: March 9, 2020 14:36

This is a link to BC Place's position on Coronavirus, (where the Stones are scheduled to play in Vancouver May 12):

[www.bcplace.com]

Rugby 7's were just held there this past weekend. They've upgraded facilities re:sanitizing stations etc. No hint of any cancellations yet.

Date: March 9, 2020 14:45

The Rolling Stones have a detailed legal contract on the tour. Pages and pages of terms and conditions. I will assume they will look into these terms in April, when the tour is getting closer, and when we know more about the status of the virus in USA/CA.

Bjornulf

Date: March 9, 2020 14:48

wonderboy
The death rate is not 3.4 pct.
This was 'true' in the early days, when the top half of the denominator (deaths) but not the bottom half (actual cases). This is why we have panics, when people don't understand data or how to apply the current facts.
South Korea has texted more widely than any nation and the numbers from there show the death rate as closer to .5 pct.
There are other things which should encourage us. Epidemics follow a pattern or rising, peaking and falling (Farr's Law). China is reporting numbers that show the virus has already peaked there.
I worked in journalism for many years. A journalist will always choose the alarming source over the reassuring source. Journalists don't understand math or science and don't put things in perspective.

They could shut down cities, though. Other countries can't.

Date: March 9, 2020 14:50

IORR is a private site owned and maintained by the editor (me). I spend many hours every day moderating and keeping this site in order. It is all for free, as you may have noticed, there are no advertisements on iorr.

If you do not like the policy then feel free to go other places with your comments. There are two million visitors on IORR every year, and tens of thousands posting. Of all people 99.99% do understand and respect the very basic rules of the posting policy. For those who call me a nazi or dictator or communist or idiot or something similar all I have to say is feel free to bring your stuff to other places.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 9, 2020 15:03

bv
IORR is a private site owned and maintained by the editor (me). I spend many hours every day moderating and keeping this site in order. It is all for free, as you may have noticed, there are no advertisements on iorr.

If you do not like the policy then feel free to go other places with your comments. There are two million visitors on IORR every year, and tens of thousands posting. Of all people 99.99% do understand and respect the very basic rules of the posting policy. For those who call me a nazi or dictator or communist or idiot or something similar all I have to say is feel free to bring your stuff to other places.

BV, I believe most of us who post here feel the same way. This is a civilized place & we should all work to keep it that way. No one should have to put up with being attacked. There are plenty of places to go on the internet for that if it is your thing. Keep up your good work & thank you.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 9, 2020 15:43

jumpontopofmebaby
Heard St. Louis possible case now

Yes and check out the irresponsible family actions:

St. Louis Coronovisus

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 9, 2020 15:45

I am writing from Milano, Italy.

Things ARE quite complicated here.

A thought to all the doctors who are facing the emergency: hospitals are close to collapse (and Lombardy's health system probably is the most efficient in Italy).

A thought also to all the people who are hit hard by the consequences of the emergency: empty shops, restaurants, hotels etc. means thousands of people who could - and very probably will - loose their job.

For the sake of decency, my I ask BY to cancel corriere . it from the list of trusted international news papers.

C

Date: March 9, 2020 15:49

kovach
jumpontopofmebaby
Heard St. Louis possible case now

Yes and check out the irresponsible family actions:

St. Louis Coronovisus

Yes I saw that. People suck sometimes

Date: March 9, 2020 15:53

liddas
I am writing from Milano, Italy.

Things ARE quite complicated here.

A thought to all the doctors who are facing the emergency: hospitals are close to collapse (and Lombardy's health system probably is the most efficient in Italy).

A thought also to all the people who are hit hard by the consequences of the emergency: empty shops, restaurants, hotels etc. means thousands of people who could - and very probably will - loose their job.

For the sake of decency, my I ask BY to cancel corriere . it from the list of trusted international news papers.

C

I hope you, your family and friends are alright, liddas.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: March 9, 2020 16:29

I will leave my personal feelings on the hysteria which is running rampant

however on another forum a person posted this live map covering all aspects of where what and how many of the virus

have a look if you wish

[www.arcgis.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home