Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 14:56

bv
With all the information we have now, I just can't see the tour happening this summer. We just have to wait for updated info from the Stones. I am sure they work hard on the matter right now.

With a number of concert cancellations by various different acts, it's very hard to disagree with that.
Here in the UK I've heard rumours that a lockdown is being strongly considered at some point but they're hoping the rate of new cases is slow enough to hang on until the 2 week School Easter holidays (4 weeks away) because most of the working parents of school age children will have childcare plans in place in advance of that.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 10, 2020 15:12

bv
With all the information we have now, I just can't see the tour happening this summer. We just have to wait for updated info from the Stones. I am sure they work hard on the matter right now.

Well, they could put the time in iinstead on the new album then , reschedule the dates for (hopefully) Autumn and tie in a release date at the same time. For purely commercial reasons tour + pre Christmas seems good timing to me.
Won't happen of course!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 15:13 by jlowe.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 15:14

jlowe
bv

Well, they could put the time in iinstead on the new album then , reschedule the dates for (hopefully) the Autumn and tie in a release date at the same time. For purely commercial reasons tour + pre Christmas seems good timing to me.
Won't happen of course!

If they cancel, I think they would have to wait until the virus has been declared gone before announcing a rearranged tour. The Insurance will be cost prohibitive, for them and every other large scale act.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 15:19 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2020 15:17

jlowe
bv

Well, they could put the time in iinstead on the new album then , reschedule the dates for (hopefully) Autumn and tie in a release date at the same time. For purely commercial reasons tour + pre Christmas seems good timing to me.
Won't happen of course!

Dude...you've just made lemonade out of lemons!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 10, 2020 15:18

Santana European Tour: compleet cancelled.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: March 10, 2020 15:19

Not all artists are cancelling. Billie Eillish just started her tour in Miami last night to a sold out arena. She is not cancelling any shows. I was at United Center for the Blackhawks game a few days ago, 20,000 people. I saw Wilco last night up in Madison, not a huge arena but the show went on, it was awesome. People need to chill and carry on with their life. The media is whats creating panic. They dont have any other new tragic stories right now to report so its all corona. We need another impeachment, war, or some other mega news story to get off this corona news. If there isnt corona, what would cnn talk about all day long? People need to put there phones down, get off social media and stop creating panic. Im glad the yearly flu doesnt have a name, imagine 11 million people died this winter because of busch lite 20, news at 6pm.....hope to see everyone in the pit this summer, but im still going on a plane tomorrow for work and will still be visiting the cities the stones are playing even if they cancel, just for vacation time.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 15:22

DandelionPowderman
JDSAM1994
To be practical... I would say if there is a Stones postponement that they would only postpone the shows for May and try to salvage the rest.

Why do you think that? There is no vaccine in sight for the near future - certainly not in time for any of the Stones's shows. And I reckon the US can't shut down cities like the Chinese could.

This won't just blow away.

Because that's a conservative approach to attempt to leave as much in tact as possible, and in my opinion I think things should be decided month by month or week by week depending on how things end up.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 10, 2020 15:38

tioms
Santana European Tour: compleet cancelled.

great, I just had bought a ticket.

Date: March 10, 2020 15:40

Remember the Stones cannot postpone to fall. The NFL needs the venues by mid to late August at the latest. Same situation as last year. Reportedly last year the tour was only 3-4 weeks away for getting cancelled altogether. Must have been a mad scramble to reschedule it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2020 15:41

JDSAM1994
DandelionPowderman
JDSAM1994
To be practical... I would say if there is a Stones postponement that they would only postpone the shows for May and try to salvage the rest.

Why do you think that? There is no vaccine in sight for the near future - certainly not in time for any of the Stones's shows. And I reckon the US can't shut down cities like the Chinese could.

Because that's a conservative approach to attempt to leave as much in tact as possible, and in my opinion I think things should be decided month by month or week by week depending on how things end up.

That approach might be difficult as the logistics are hard to manage on a 'month-to-month' basis for something that large. Likelier to just postpone the entire tour for a period.

Date: March 10, 2020 15:43

Topi
Remember the Stones cannot postpone to fall. The NFL needs the venues by mid to late August at the latest. Same situation as last year. Reportedly last year the tour was only 3-4 weeks away for getting cancelled altogether. Must have been a mad scramble to reschedule it.

They can do it like they have done a millions times before.

This time seems like it would be easier since only 2 shows out west and many of them close together.

THEY CAN DO IT!!

Have done it for 60 years. I have seen many Rolling Stones fall tours!

Date: March 10, 2020 15:45

JDSAM1994
DandelionPowderman
JDSAM1994

I don't understand that. Isn't this exactly what every nation (except for China) has done so far?

Then it became a crisis in Italy, and they felt they had to take action to prevent the virus to escalate even further. That's where other countries are heading now because the virus is spreading fast, with serious impact on the people who get infected.

I really hope you're right, but I can't see that happening (The Stones postponing the tour till June). Not when the number of infected is on the rise in the US in mid-March.

Date: March 10, 2020 15:57

jumpontopofmebaby
Topi

This time seems like it would be easier since only 2 shows out west and many of them close together.

THEY CAN DO IT!!

OK, I stand corrected, having looked it up I do see fall shows in NFL venues in 1997 and 2005 at least. From last year I do remember the discussion about the NFL teams needing the turfs to recover in time for games and what not.

Date: March 10, 2020 16:04

DandelionPowderman
JDSAM1994
DandelionPowderman
JDSAM1994

I don't understand that. Isn't this exactly what every nation (except for China) has done so far?

Then it became a crisis in Italy, and they felt they had to take action to prevent the virus to escalate even further. That's where other countries are heading now because the virus is spreading fast, with serious impact on the people who get infected.

I really hope you're right, but I can't see that happening (The Stones postponing the tour till June). Not when the number of infected is on the rise in the US in mid-March.

Just a thought of mine to add to our IORR speculation. Moral of the story is that this issue is way beyond any public entertainment event. We have an American government clearly pushing an ignorant re-election agenda of, bringing manufacturing back to the US, tax cuts, Fake News, closed borders (I told you so Trump argument), and comparing it to the Flu to denounce its severity..... That's the real issue here..

I had a vision last night that the tour will be postponed on the same day it was last year 3/30....

Date: March 10, 2020 16:06

Topi
jumpontopofmebaby
Topi

THEY CAN DO IT!!

OK, I stand corrected, having looked it up I do see fall shows in NFL venues in 1997 and 2005 at least. From last year I do remember the discussion about the NFL teams needing the turfs to recover in time for games and what not.

81 and 89 also

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 10, 2020 16:08

Topi
jumpontopofmebaby
Topi

THEY CAN DO IT!!

Schedules are set up so far in advance for the Football Stadiums and I think it would be difficult at this point in time for someone to make an arbitrary decision to reschedule the tour and except that the Football Stadiums would have a vacancy this close on the schedule . At the same time I have a difficult time imaging the Stones ( Mick Jagger ) pulling the plug and possibly losing millions of $ There could be a postponement and they tell you the standard spiel of hang on to your tickets and there will be a new make up date for the tour to be determined in the future .Therein lies the problem of folks who have shelled out massively for ducats , airline travel, hotel travel and auto rentals and who are stuck holding there breath and waiting .

Date: March 10, 2020 16:09

JDSAM1994
DandelionPowderman
JDSAM1994
DandelionPowderman
JDSAM1994

Just a thought of mine to add to our IORR speculation. Moral of the story is that this issue is way beyond any public entertainment event. We have an American government clearly pushing an ignorant re-election agenda of, bringing manufacturing back to the US, tax cuts, Fake News, closed borders (I told you so Trump argument), and comparing it to the Flu to denounce its severity..... That's the real issue here..

I had a vision last night that the tour will be postponed on the same day it was last year 3/30....

That's a reason for demanding the authorities to take action, as opposed to «leaving as much in tact as possible», isn't it? smiling smiley

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 10, 2020 16:17

All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
Shmatta, shmatta, shmatta..
Just wait and see. Nobody can look in the future and May 8 is just too far away to make already a decision if the Stones tour can go on or not.
All the cancellations now from santana till pearl jam and madonna are all concerts which were planned for march and early april.

Date: March 10, 2020 16:20

DandelionPowderman
JDSAM1994
DandelionPowderman
JDSAM1994
DandelionPowderman
JDSAM1994

That's a reason for demanding the authorities to take action, as opposed to «leaving as much in tact as possible», isn't it? smiling smiley

One may never know!

Date: March 10, 2020 16:25

TheGreek
Topi
jumpontopofmebaby
Topi

THEY CAN DO IT!!

Schedules are set up so far in advance for the Football Stadiums and I think it would be difficult at this point in time for someone to make an arbitrary decision to reschedule the tour and except that the Football Stadiums would have a vacancy this close on the schedule . At the same time I have a difficult time imaging the Stones ( Mick Jagger ) pulling the plug and possibly losing millions of $ There could be a postponement and they tell you the standard spiel of hang on to your tickets and there will be a new make up date for the tour to be determined in the future .Therein lies the problem of folks who have shelled out massively for ducats , airline travel, hotel travel and auto rentals and who are stuck holding there breath and waiting .

I really don't get it. They did it last year. They have toured in the Fall many times. There are only 15 shows. If they choose to reschedule they will be able to make it work. Most of the shows are close together which makes it evan easier.

They can do it!!!!

They is a guy sitting somewhere making good wages that does this all time.

We went thru this last year.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 10, 2020 16:33

MisterDDDD
sarahunwin
Good luck! Are you near Seattle?

Thanks. About an hour and a half north..
No cases here yet, I'm sure it's just a cold or standard bug.. hitting close to home tho.

My son is in Duvall. Was meant to spend this last weekend there but put it off until Easter

Date: March 10, 2020 16:38

People and their health of course are the most important.

I personally haven't not had concert luck turn so fast following a band.

2019, three hurricanes stop me, (two natural, one man-made)
2020, looks like Covid-19 is going to do it again....

Fingers crossed for everyone.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 10, 2020 16:41

With regards to a postponement of the tour it is most certainly not the same situation as last year this is completely different.

Nate

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 10, 2020 16:42

not all of the stadiums the Stones are playing have NFL. San Diego, Vancouver, Austin, Louisville & St Louis. that's a pretty big chunk of the tour. last year, there were only a few stadiums with no NFL.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 10, 2020 16:48

grzegorz67
If they cancel, I think they would have to wait until the virus has been declared gone before announcing a rearranged tour. The Insurance will be cost prohibitive, for them and every other large scale act.

They would also have to give consideration to the economy - not just damage from the virus but also from the Russia-Saudi oil price war.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 10, 2020 17:35

DeanGoodman
grzegorz67

They would also have to give consideration to the economy - not just damage from the virus but also from the Russia-Saudi oil price war.

I doubt it's ever going to be "declared gone" - we might have a vaccine in a year or two

Date: March 10, 2020 17:47

Austin MotoGP postponed from early April to November...

[m.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 17:50 by Topi.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 17:54

Topi

[m.facebook.com]

and so Im sure the rest of the stops at this track will be posting shortly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 18:06 by northernale1.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 10, 2020 18:16

northernale1
Topi

[m.facebook.com]

and so Im sure the rest of the stops at this track will be posting shortly

Possibly, but this decision was more about all the Italians in MotoGP, I think.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 10, 2020 18:41

crholmstrom
not all of the stadiums the Stones are playing have NFL. San Diego, Vancouver, Austin, Louisville & St Louis. that's a pretty big chunk of the tour. last year, there were only a few stadiums with no NFL.

That is just what I was thinking that the San Diego and Vancouver concerts shouldn't be too hard to reschedule. Of course there are the road crew and trucks to consider.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home