Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 2, 2020 18:19

Spot on, Lem.
We really have lost our ability to do realistic risk assessments.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 2, 2020 18:32

Any gathering in France exceeding 5,000 people is canceled or (rarely) postponed : fair, trade show, concert. Louvre museum is closed.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: March 2, 2020 18:39

Thanks Swayed!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 2, 2020 19:37

Again on masks. The simple cloth masks that look like a surgeon's mask are for preventing an infected person from infecting others. They are almost completely ineffectual for protecting the person wearing it. The N95-style mask is for protecting healthy people.

If the pandemic hits my city when I go out I am going to wear gloves, goggles, and a good mask with double diaphragm valves and the two small-puck-sized filter cartridges. Call it a "bunny suit lite."

If you are willing to spend $600 on a ticket for the Stones you should be willing to spend $15 to protect your life.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 2, 2020 20:26

Taylor1
.Maybe go vegan like McCartney.And didn’t the Stones do a benefit concert for the last pandemic

Spot on!

Avian influenza
SARS
Coronavirus

All disease induced by growing and killing animals
Personally, vegetarian about 30 years, then vegan for about ten years.. No leather, no feather, etc.
I started to take vitamin B12 some months ago, because it was low... Otherwise, maybe not looking to good, but feeling really well.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 2, 2020 20:34

The Joker
Taylor1
.Maybe go vegan like McCartney.And didn’t the Stones do a benefit concert for the last pandemic

Spot on!

Avian influenza
SARS
Coronavirus

Personally, vegetarian about 30 years, then vegan for about ten years.. No leather, no feather, etc.
I started to take vitamin B12 some months ago, because it was low... Otherwise, maybe not looking to good, but feeling really well.
I think the world needs to eat more plant based burgers,like the impossible or beyond meat burgers.Because of my low salt diet I can’t really eat too many.But I’m hoping they make a low salt one

Date: March 2, 2020 20:44

Taylor1
The Joker
Taylor1

Spot on!

Avian influenza
SARS
Coronavirus

I think the world needs to eat more plant based burgers,like the impossible or beyond meat burgers.Because of my low salt diet I can’t really eat too many.But I’m hoping they make a low salt one

Fake sausage, fake burgers... That is fun.. But expensive, and usually bad food as for nutrition
I go for it one or two times a month... But the real thing is to forget about mimicking meat... Also because it nutters your fantaisies about real meat, and make it harder to forget it

The simple, not expensive way is to aim at vegan food with high protein rate that people have been eating for thousand years... Aim at 12 to 20 g of protein... Lens... Whole bread... Seitan (if you don't mind gluten)... Nuts... chickpeas...

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: March 2, 2020 21:07

Those advocating a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle probably don't have in mind the long-standing "filth allowance" that goes with standard food pproduction.

For instance, what's your personal daily allowance for "rodent pellets" per serving?

Article:

The Food and Drug Administration will soon make public a previously secret list of “filth allowances” in foods and other products.

The list, whose tentative formal title is “administrative guidelines on unavoidable defects in food for human use,” contains 100 items and will be published soon in The Federal Register, officials have confirmed in response to an inquiry.

F.D.A. inspectors and chemists use the list to determine whether the levels of such material as rodent excreta, mold, sticks and stones found in a food are high enough to warrant action against the manufacturer.

The list is being published largely in response to growing pressure from consumer groups and individuals who argue that the public has the right to know how much extraneous matter they may be getting in food, especially spices.

100% Purity Called Elusive

Weems Clevenger, chief of the F.D.A. regional office in Brooklyn, told Representative Jonathan B. Bingham in a meeting Tuesday that the “fifth allowances” existed because it was virtually impossible to make food 100 per cent pure.

There are insect fragments in every loaf of bread,” Mr. Clevenger commented.

-New York Times, February 19, 1972

Archived article: [www.nytimes.com]

Date: March 2, 2020 21:26

stone66
Those advocating a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle probably don't have in mind the long-standing "filth allowance" that goes with standard food pproduction.

For instance, what's your personal daily allowance for "rodent pellets" per serving?

Article:

The Food and Drug Administration will soon make public a previously secret list of “filth allowances” in foods and other products.

The list, whose tentative formal title is “administrative guidelines on unavoidable defects in food for human use,” contains 100 items and will be published soon in The Federal Register, officials have confirmed in response to an inquiry.

F.D.A. inspectors and chemists use the list to determine whether the levels of such material as rodent excreta, mold, sticks and stones found in a food are high enough to warrant action against the manufacturer.

The list is being published largely in response to growing pressure from consumer groups and individuals who argue that the public has the right to know how much extraneous matter they may be getting in food, especially spices.

100% Purity Called Elusive

Weems Clevenger, chief of the F.D.A. regional office in Brooklyn, told Representative Jonathan B. Bingham in a meeting Tuesday that the “fifth allowances” existed because it was virtually impossible to make food 100 per cent pure.

-New York Times, February 19, 1972

Archived article: [www.nytimes.com]

Stone66,
I do with what you say.
IMO, you pick the wrong debate. This is not about perfection, purity
We are flesh and bones
I have some weight..
I'm like an elephant in the jungle..
I crush insects by walking on them
The building of my home has provoked thousand insect's deaths
Rabbits eat insects by accident
And I slap mosquitoes if they attack
It's just me, my weight and self-defense
But there is nothing to do with growing to kill

BTW : my initial post was about the connexion between growing animals and creating disease.. And that's my point regarding the topic of this thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-02 21:31 by The Joker.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 2, 2020 21:32

Big, friendly letters:

DON'T PANIC!

Really, I don't think there's reason for hysteria.

About 20.000 (!) people die from the flue every year in Germany alone - and noone panics.

95% of all the Corona cases only experience conditions like having a cold or a light flu. But if you're already ill and weak, or really old, or both, then there IS a chance to die from COVID-19.

The WHO has some well researched infos for a start.

Sorry, if that's been posted before, just my humble opinion.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 2, 2020 21:35

Now five deaths in King County.. dammm.

People in our area are now being advised to prepare for school closures etc., (granddaughter home today for a scrubbing of the school) and to stock up on emergency supplies.
Hope somehow this takes a turn for the better soon.

Posted by: soundofblues ()
Date: March 2, 2020 22:03

waterrats
Big, friendly letters:

DON'T PANIC!

About 20.000 (!) people die from the flue every year in Germany alone - and noone panics.

95% of all the Corona cases only experience conditions like having a cold or a light flu. But if you're already ill and weak, or really old, or both, then there IS a chance to die from COVID-19.

I agree!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 2, 2020 22:09

stone66

Surely they just mean the high protein loaf!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 2, 2020 23:11

There are insect fragments in every loaf of bread,”

Those remain two Beatles will do anything ta get dough …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: March 2, 2020 23:41

waterrats
Big, friendly letters:

DON'T PANIC!

Totally agree, the death rate is 0,7% in Europe, the risk is higher with the common flu with an 1,2%.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 3, 2020 00:27

Rockman
There are insect fragments in every loaf of bread,”

Those remain two Beatles will do anything ta get dough …..

Haha

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 3, 2020 00:29

Coronavirus COVID-19 appears to be much more contagious than the “normal” flu.
So with the potential of more people infected the overall risk of fatalities is
higher. From what I have read the “death rate” is 2% for Coronavirus COVID-19.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 3, 2020 00:51

schwonek
franzk
In either way it will turn our lifestyle upside down. Cancellation of mass events, travels, human contact restrictions, quarantines, supply shortages... This is what we are going to witness in the coming months, years or even decades...

Highly doubt that. Remember the hysteria round SARS? That didnt last either. Plus when you are healthy you will not die of it. It is like a flu.

No, I believe some healthy people are among the fatalities- though not as
common.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 3, 2020 01:29

swimtothemoon
Coronavirus COVID-19 appears to be much more contagious than the “normal” flu.
So with the potential of more people infected the overall risk of fatalities is
higher. From what I have read the “death rate” is 2% for Coronavirus COVID-19.

so, if this is a pandemic & worse comes to worse that's what, 20 million casualties? doomsday scenario for sure but give one something to think about.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 3, 2020 03:49

Vancouver is very close to the state of Washington where most people died in the USA and the virus is already being transferred in that community without a connection to travel. If it's not wiped out by 30 days before the concert day, I think that show gets postponed?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 3, 2020 04:46

goingmad
waterrats
Big, friendly letters:

DON'T PANIC!

Totally agree, the death rate is 0,7% in Europe, the risk is higher with the common flu with an 1,2%.

your decimal place is wrong for the common flu. It is .012% or 1/6th the rate.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: March 3, 2020 05:52

jlowe
I am in Singapore at the moment following a holiday in Australia and New Zealand.
Definitely much quieter here...there are usually 10,000 visitors from China DAILY. So the local tourist trade definitely suffering.
Random body temperature checks taking place in some venues, including Airports. Face masks more prevalent.
Financial Markets being irrational, as per usual.
Saw a chap today, very overweight remove his mask to have a cigarette. You couldn't make it up really.

Yeah, I'm quite enjoying the quiet here. Restaurants in my neighborhood are discounting meals and my wife is having a blast shopping with all the discounts. She promised to stop shopping for a few months so I could go on tour but you women (eyes rolling).....need to find another way to bribe her. smileys with beer

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 3, 2020 06:49

DREAMTIME
Vancouver is very close to the state of Washington where most people died in the USA and the virus is already being transferred in that community without a connection to travel. If it's not wiped out by 30 days before the concert day, I think that show gets postponed?

No, just gets moved to Forest Hills.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 3, 2020 07:06

waterrats
Big, friendly letters:

DON'T PANIC!

Yes, exactly- The problem was during the initial outbreak they didn’t have all the infected accounted for.
They had x amount of dead people but only a small amount of the total of sick people. This skewed the mortality rate to 40 percent.as more infected yet surviving people were discovered the mortality rate went to 17 percent and now to normal flu levels.
That’s not to make it seem like no big deal, these bugs are strong. I had h1n1 a few years ago and I literally thought I was gonna die.
I was moaning out loud like a gun shot victim and must’ve looked at my phone 10 times thinking I should call 911.
In the end I just said fck it and went to sleep.i felt lucky to have woken up.

Wash your hands, ALOT. And don’t touch your face or rub your eyes when you’re out.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 3, 2020 10:38

Just read that events with over 1000 people are prohibited in Switzerland. I suppose more countries will follow this silliness very soon. I understand concern, but being this scared is too much.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 3, 2020 10:52

frankotero
Just read that events with over 1000 people are prohibited in Switzerland. I suppose more countries will follow this silliness very soon. I understand concern, but being this scared is too much.

the situation in the seattle area/washington state is getting worse daily. it appears that the disease has been here since very early on (not a surprise) & with adequate testing being available now the number of cases could easily reach the 4 figures. the local coverage is a bit ahead of the national/world coverage. in other words, akin to Milan. nervous times for those not in good health, myself included. we shall hope for the best for all.

Posted by: soundofblues ()
Date: March 3, 2020 10:58

crholmstrom
frankotero

the situation in the seattle area/washington state is getting worse daily. it appears that the disease has been here since very early on (not a surprise) & with adequate testing being available now the number of cases could easily reach the 4 figures. the local coverage is a bit ahead of the national/world coverage. in other words, akin to Milan. nervous times for those not in good health, myself included. we shall hope for the best for all.

Most of the deaths are over 60 years of age, with other illnesses and reduced resistance. The risk group is thus similar to that of influenza. No one reports the dead of influenza. This corona is at least a good way for the media to sell news and stock prices are falling. Now they are worth of buying

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-03 11:03 by soundofblues.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 3, 2020 11:13

Most of the deaths are over 60 years of age, with other illnesses and reduced resistance. The risk group is thus similar to that of influenza. No one reports the dead of influenza. This corona is at least a good way for the media to sell news and stock prices are falling. Now they are worth of buying[/quote]

That's it!!! All hyterical actions are far exaggerated. C'mon people, cool down!!!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 3, 2020 11:19

StonedAsiaExile
jlowe
I am in Singapore at the moment following a holiday in Australia and New Zealand.
Definitely much quieter here...there are usually 10,000 visitors from China DAILY. So the local tourist trade definitely suffering.
Random body temperature checks taking place in some venues, including Airports. Face masks more prevalent.
Financial Markets being irrational, as per usual.
Saw a chap today, very overweight remove his mask to have a cigarette. You couldn't make it up really.

Yeah, I'm quite enjoying the quiet here. Restaurants in my neighborhood are discounting meals and my wife is having a blast shopping with all the discounts. She promised to stop shopping for a few months so I could go on tour but you women (eyes rolling).....need to find another way to bribe her. smileys with beer

Tales from Singapore, Part 2:
- Visited the Chinatown area (naturally)and tried to gain admittance to the Heritage Centre but failed the 'temperature test'. The temp outside is 35 degrees which for us Brits is a bit hot. They kindly showed me an air conditioned area and suprise suprise after a period of 10 seconds I was tested again + was deemed healthy enough to enter (and pay the 18 dollar charge).
-The regular firework and light show in Marina Bay has been cancelled due to the virus. (since early February). Shame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-03 15:57 by jlowe.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 3, 2020 16:42

I’ve had some lousy luck with the Stones cancelling concerts. Of course they have been for unavoidable and necessary reasons. Twice I booked Miami and missed out last year along with 4 other cities. Vegas 1 a year (or 2) before.

I have until today to cancel a house rental in San Diego or be stuck. I’m canceling. I’m currently visiting a son on a student exchange program in Barcelona and he is being sent home for fear of corona. Tokyo marathon and other large events being cancelled. I hope the shows go on, I have tix for 3 cities and hope they are a go. But I’m waiting to make bookings as I don’t want anymore unused fees from bookings. Hopefully I the shows go on and I can make last minute arrangements.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home