Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: Best Keith mistakes
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 8, 2011 13:39

"hey ablett... i think he is looking at you"

Exactly! Silly old fart. I expect I'll be shown the blade n all??

Re: Best Keith fuckups
Date: June 8, 2011 14:50

Promoman
>Yes, Vredenburg comes to mind first. ...<

I thought Keith f*cked up BS at the time, but listening to the boot it seems that in the opening everybody gets a bit confused but once the guitars are in line Mick messes it up entirely by starting to sing the fist verse two bars too early. It takes the rest of the band some time to adjust.

...Exactly!
My first time on this thread - that's the way I remember that 'Vredenburg Gate' too...

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-08 14:59 by MississippiBullfrog.

Date: June 8, 2011 14:56

Edith Grove
Let's set the record straight: [www.iorr.org]

...arent't you supposed to be on jury duty??!
winking smiley

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 8, 2011 16:37

Stoneage
A thirty year old f**kup from Keith. From about four minutes into the song. Ernie and Ronnie saves him though.

Hampton dec 1981

I must have listened to this show more than any others since I 1st bought the vinyl boot in 82. I never realised that Keith's "freeform" riffage was a mistake .

sc uk

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: June 8, 2011 17:49

ineedadrink
sweetcharmedlife
While I am sincerely falttered that you hang on my every word and post. I suggest you get a life. Don't worry about what or where I post. LAst time I checked you weren't the board mod and I'll post what I damn well please when I want to until BV says I can't...and yes I think it was stupid to bump a 5 year old thread about @#$%& up's. How about bumping something positive.
you advise someone to "get a life" and yet you advise us to bump a positive thread? what's wrong with this thread? are we hurting keith's feelings by talking smack about him? i think he's a big boy, he can handle it. but can YOU? clearly you cannot. and speaking of contributing something positive to this messageboard, how about you quit taking this place so seriously to the point where you need to criticize threads that are not to your liking by giving thumbs down or saying "boring. we need a tour" or "we've sunk to a new low". if you are so affected by what someone says on THE INTERNET then i advise that YOU should get a life. g'day, sir.

It's called CONTRAST. Without the screw ups, it would get boring with it being "perfect" all the time. Of course, the very horrendous screw ups are a constant source of entertainment and probably overall wincing/cringing.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 8, 2011 18:13

straycatuk
Stoneage
A thirty year old f**kup from Keith. From about four minutes into the song. Ernie and Ronnie saves him though.

Hampton dec 1981

I must have listened to this show more than any others since I 1st bought the vinyl boot in 82. I never realised that Keith's "freeform" riffage was a mistake .

sc uk

No mistake from Keith, he's playing brilliantly all the way

What are you thinking about, more exactly, stoneage ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-08 18:21 by Erik_Snow.

Date: June 8, 2011 18:17

Not a bad version of the song overall but Keith really tosses it with his solo:

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 8, 2011 18:47

Erik Snow

2.55-3.15 and 4.45-5.30 for example.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 8, 2011 19:04

Stoneage
Erik Snow

2.55-3.15 and 4.45-5.30 for example.

Okay, thanks listened through those spots you mentioned several times; and I disagree,

only the 4 sec part 5.02 - 5.06 is somwhat out of line.
Apart from that; a bum note at 3:00 and 3:03......if one were to be critical

So we must be hearing different things I guess

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 8, 2011 19:19

To me,Keith's worst F... Up occured in Lyon,June 2007.
OK,it wasn't a "playing mistake" but honestly , what occured at some 2 meters from me was hard enough to see.sad smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 8, 2011 19:21

best one that I saw myself, Ottawa 2005. During Sympathy for the Devil, Keith decides to leave the stage for 3-4 minutes. Then Charlie leaves the stage. Thank goodness for their canned drums on that song!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 8, 2011 20:10

sweetcharmedlife
Rolling Hansie
Rolling Hansie
Now how do you do that ? Making your own post disappear ? Magic ?

And I would still like to have an answer to the above question
The magic of BV's editing...and the inly person I need to get a room with is Sway Stones.smiling smiley

Get a room with me ? Why ? Pourquoi ?
Although I am not sure of what "get a room " means ....

Because I asked you to delete the offensive post of yours concerning French people ?
It was so lame since you know the sympathy I have for "your "people -
and I bet I know much more about your country than you know about mine .tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: June 8, 2011 20:10

Stoneage
2.55-3.15

I believe that those "creative" notes you're thinking about are played by Ronnie.

Date: June 8, 2011 20:21

I have to disagree about these SFTD solos from Voodoo Lounge. Keith is simply playing parts of the solos in the major scale, which might sound odd if you expect solos to be played only in the "blues" scale. However, when you get used to it you'll hear that Keit is doing this scale switch all the time deliberately. I'd say that it is part of his signature sound.

Date: June 8, 2011 23:44

Bärs
I have to disagree about these SFTD solos from Voodoo Lounge. Keith is simply playing parts of the solos in the major scale, which might sound odd if you expect solos to be played only in the "blues" scale. However, when you get used to it you'll hear that Keit is doing this scale switch all the time deliberately. I'd say that it is part of his signature sound.

That one from Miami Keith goes into E flat (or D sharp, depending on your preference), which is a different key. Don't know about any others from that tour! He does seem to play what I guess could be considered a sort of blues minor, for lack of a better understanding of whatever one would call it, pentatonic, all that speak, since it revolves around what would make the minor note in the E chord for an E minor. Which is better than an E major solo wise as far as the song goes, which is E, D, A and B major (is there a seventh in that B?) for the chords. It's not supposed to be pretty, the solo, which is what a E major would be. Like how the solo in Dead Flowers is D major floating in the A and G major, which is more consistent with country songs than blues/rock songs - not always, of course.

Date: June 9, 2011 00:00

DragonSky
Bärs

That one from Miami Keith goes into E flat (or D sharp, depending on your preference), which is a different key. Don't know about any others from that tour! He does seem to play what I guess could be considered a sort of blues minor, for lack of a better understanding of whatever one would call it, pentatonic, all that speak, since it revolves around what would make the minor note in the E chord for an E minor. Which is better than an E major solo wise as far as the song goes, which is E, D, A and B major (is there a seventh in that B?) for the chords. It's not supposed to be pretty, the solo, which is what a E major would be. Like how the solo in Dead Flowers is D major floating in the A and G major, which is more consistent with country songs than blues/rock songs - not always, of course.

No, it's E major and E minor all the way. You can hear the same scale switch in this solo (and countless others) where he starts in major and moves the minor:

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 9, 2011 00:09

Bärs

You have no idea how much I detest Mick's vocal delivery on that.

What goes throught his head?

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 9, 2011 00:11

GravityBoy

I think it's pretty good myself. Certainly far better than the way he was barking it out in 1981 / 1982.

Date: June 9, 2011 00:16

Sleepy City
I think it's pretty good myself. Certainly far better than the way he was barking it out in 1981 / 1982.

It's mangled.

I hate it.

If I had a gun I would shoot that vocal.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 9, 2011 00:20

Sleepy City
GravityBoy

I agree, in 1998 he sang lightyears better than in 1981/82.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: June 9, 2011 00:23

Sleepy City
GravityBoy

He was actually singing in '98. The band actually played better too. At least on Satisfaction.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 9, 2011 09:26

GravityBoy
Sleepy City

It's mangled.

I hate it.

If I had a gun I would shoot that vocal.

I feel the same. He sounds like he's on The Lyrics Board (så ska det låta)

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 9, 2011 09:26

audun-eg
Sleepy City
GravityBoy

He was actually singing in '98. The band actually played better too. At least on Satisfaction.

No he's not. He's "singing".

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 9, 2011 09:27

........................ Keith Richards 1992 - Guitar & Bass magazine

ROCKMAN

Date: June 9, 2011 10:53

Amazing quote by Keith. Thank you Rockman.

Date: June 9, 2011 12:32

Redhotcarpet

I could start a thread called "Mick's Mangling".

There are so many live clips I can't watch because Mick decides he doesn't want to sing it straight anymore because he's bored or something.

1975/76 is a given for badness.

There's this from 1981

What the hell is he doing "Ti-yi-yime..." "Yow come running back.."

I just find it painful compared with the great way he used to sing them.

There are lots of examples of similar pointless vocal mangling.

Give me a Keith cock up anyday to this.

Date: June 9, 2011 12:34

GravityBoy
Redhotcarpet

There are so many live clips I can't watch because Mick decides he doesn't want to sing it straight anymore because he's bored or something.

There's this from 1981

Great singing here, imo. If we should criticize Mick for all his different accents, we should stop listening to him smiling smiley

Date: June 9, 2011 15:50

SwayStones
To me,Keith's worst F... Up occured in Lyon,June 2007.
OK,it wasn't a "playing mistake" but honestly , what occured at some 2 meters from me was hard enough to see.sad smiley

What did he do?

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 9, 2011 16:30

DandelionPowderman
GravityBoy
Redhotcarpet

There's this from 1981

Great singing here, imo. If we should criticize Mick for all his different accents, we should stop listening to him smiling smiley

I have mixed opinions here. While the ultimate Jagger is the voice he had onstage up until circa 1971 (&, at a push, up until 1973); but I also much prefer his singing since 1989 (or 1988 if you include his solo tours) than what he was doing 1975 - 1982. Of course, there are some exceptions, with As Tears Go By on SAL being particularly notable.

Date: June 9, 2011 16:47

Sleepy City
I have mixed opinions here. While the ultimate Jagger is the voice he had onstage up until circa 1971 (&, at a push, up until 1973); but I also much prefer his singing since 1989 (or 1988 if you include his solo tours) than what he was doing 1975 - 1982. Of course, there are some exceptions, with As Tears Go By on SAL being particularly notable.

How difficult would it be for him to sing "You" instead of "Yow" (sounding like a demented Brummie?)

It's horrible to my ears and he never used to do it.

He ruined his Grammy appearance by continually singing "I need Yow.. Yow.. Yow.."

That isn't the only word he mangles.

He never used to.

He started using a strange over emotive mangled diction in the 80's.

Lord knows why.

I stopped believing in him as a stage performer when he obviously took singing and dancing lessons and started striding back and forth over the over-large stage "pulling shapes" when all that corporate rock started.

Mick Jagger is a wonderful bunch of guys, I wish some of the early 70's ones would make an appearance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-09 16:48 by GravityBoy.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1279
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home