Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Best Keith mistakes
Date: June 14, 2011 09:45

Redhotcarpet
Yeah well it wasnt about stages and feet. Keith was lost in a fog. He has a guitarist or two in the back covering and filling in. Ronnies role is to do some of the main riffs that used to be Keiths signature. On some songs. That's the deal. He is not trusted with the guitar. And that is just a shame. I believe he needs something new in his life. That includes a guitar.

confused smiley

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: June 14, 2011 11:08

Redhotcarpet
Yeah well it wasnt about stages and feet. Keith was lost in a fog. He has a guitarist or two in the back covering and filling in. Ronnies role is to do some of the main riffs that used to be Keiths signature. On some songs. That's the deal. He is not trusted with the guitar. And that is just a shame. I believe he needs something new in his life. That includes a guitar.

What a complete and utter load of claptrap.

Date: June 14, 2011 11:12

Redhotcarpet

What on earth are you going on about? Rubbish
Dandelion and ThankGod have already nailed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-14 11:13 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 14, 2011 13:50

Yeah Dandelion really nailed it with that smilye angry smileyyawning smileycool smiley. I mean Keiths role within the band is not what it used to be. Blondie is on stage doing riffs, which is what Keith used to do. Keiths seemed lost in the last tour. I dont think it has to do with monitors and moving stages but with Keith losing his touch, at least on stage with the Stones. Maybe he should find a new project, a film or something else.thumbs up

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 14, 2011 13:54

Redhotcarpet
- Keith was lost in a fog.
- He has a guitarist or two in the back covering and filling in.
- Ronnies role is to do some of the main riffs that used to be Keiths signature.
- He is not trusted with the guitar.
- I believe he needs something new in his life.

Cool. 5 Rubbish quotes in 1 post. Is this a new record ? smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 14, 2011 14:09

Rolling Hansie
Redhotcarpet
- Keith was lost in a fog.
- He has a guitarist or two in the back covering and filling in.
- Ronnies role is to do some of the main riffs that used to be Keiths signature.
- He is not trusted with the guitar.
- I believe he needs something new in his life.

Cool. 5 Rubbish quotes in 1 post. Is this a new record ? smiling smiley

Yes sir, new record. And with you quoting me and me quoting you quoting me thats a new record. eye popping smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 14, 2011 15:00

As I life long Keith fan I have to say that I tend to agree with Redhotcarpet at least in reference to some of the 2007 shows.

It's not (or wasn't) the arthritis that was the main problem. It was the brain injury which seemed to be causing more problems the year after it happened. Was keith drinking on top of his anti seizure meds ? Was his surgeon still on the road? Don't know.

Just watch Saitama 06 ,which was a couple of weeks before his accident - a different Guitar player and if he'd moved on stage like that post head bang,he'd have fallen on his arse .very very sad. I hope the passage of time has healed that problem.

I never drank at a Stones show prior to 2006 . I couldn't watch Keith sober after that.Too ...........upsetting, personally.

sc uk

Date: June 14, 2011 17:04

Redhotcarpet
Yeah Dandelion really nailed it with that smilye angry smileyyawning smileycool smiley. I mean Keiths role within the band is not what it used to be. Blondie is on stage doing riffs, which is what Keith used to do. Keiths seemed lost in the last tour. I dont think it has to do with monitors and moving stages but with Keith losing his touch, at least on stage with the Stones. Maybe he should find a new project, a film or something else.thumbs up

You seriously mean that Blondie does electric guitar riffs with his acoustic?

Do you think he plays the MR riffs here, too?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 14, 2011 18:16

DandelionPowderman

Anyone who plays guitar knows you can make an acoustic sound like anything.

I'm not suggesting that Blondie is filling in for Keith, but why do they need another guitar?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 14, 2011 22:56

Milan, seriously thank you for posting those clips. I love hearing Keith's amp above everything else.

For me, moments like that are when I say to myself... "Ahh... so this is what half of the 'weave' sounds like!"

Here's an mp3 from my recording of Atlanta back in '06. On the B-stage Keith's amp went out and all you can hear is Ronnie. I could have it backwards in that Ronnie's amp went out, but I doubt it. The song right after it, Honky Tonk Women, had NO Keith guitar in the mix, at all. So here's half of the ancient art of weaving...

http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/16_Get_Off_My_Cloud.mp3
(Sorry for the drunk dude to my right. This was one of my favorite moments from the show.)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-14 23:01 by flacnvinyl.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 14, 2011 23:08

flacnvinyl
Milan, seriously thank you for posting those clips. I love hearing Keith's amp above everything else.

For me, moments like that are when I say to myself... "Ahh... so this is what half of the 'weave' sounds like!"

Here's an mp3 from my recording of Atlanta back in '06. On the B-stage Keith's amp went out and all you can hear is Ronnie. I could have it backwards in that Ronnie's amp went out, but I doubt it. The song right after it, Honky Tonk Women, had NO Keith guitar in the mix, at all. So here's half of the ancient art of weaving...

http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/16_Get_Off_My_Cloud.mp3
(Sorry for the drunk dude to my right. This was one of my favorite moments from the show.)

Brian Jones must've been turning in his grave... confused smiley

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: June 14, 2011 23:35

Here Keith goes completely out of key and it sounds terrible, but there's nothing wrong about the solo from Johannesburg 95', nothing technically wrong at least. The poster saying he's playing major & minor licks is right.

Date: June 15, 2011 09:50

GravityBoy
DandelionPowderman

Anyone who plays guitar knows you can make an acoustic sound like anything.

I'm not suggesting that Blondie is filling in for Keith, but why do they need another guitar?

And anyone who plays the guitar knows that you´re not gonna get Keith´s sound with an acoustic thru pedals and the PA either.

I´ve heard a couple of songs that I thought needed Blondies acoustic fills. Nearness Of You (Four Flicks/Live Licks) is one of them. JJF does NOT need Blondie´s guitar, imo.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: June 15, 2011 17:30

stones78
Here Keith goes completely out of key.

Yep - at 5:15 is when Keith slips into the key of E flat/D sharp.

Re: Best Keith fuckups
Date: September 2, 2011 12:48

??
Note: I prefer this to Vegas, if this is real (?) it's just a temporary mistake no more no less (Keith plays JJF in standard tuning?) and I love what he does with the riff after the first verse.

Date: September 2, 2011 12:52

Redhotcarpet

??
Note: I prefer this to Vegas, if this is real (?) it's just a temporary mistake no more no less (Keith plays JJF in standard tuning?) and I love what he does with the riff after the first verse.

This is drunken people trying to have fun, playing an almost unrecognisable JJF-lick instead of Satisfaction. LOL! Come to think of it, it IS fun!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 2, 2011 16:19

Leonard Keringer
slightly off topic...but on the stones bootleg "happy birthday nicky" from australia '73, Charlie Watts gets off the beat to gimme shelter for about the first 1/2!!! of the song...the band keeps waiting for him to get back on the beat but it takes him an unbelievable amount of time!...and the irony of that is during the introductions of the band, mick introduces "charlie watts, never misses a beat" before they played gimme shelter

Sounds like Charlie hated that introduction and did this on purpose to me. He knows better unless he couldn't hear. peace.

Date: September 2, 2011 16:33

Naturalust
Leonard Keringer
slightly off topic...but on the stones bootleg "happy birthday nicky" from australia '73, Charlie Watts gets off the beat to gimme shelter for about the first 1/2!!! of the song...the band keeps waiting for him to get back on the beat but it takes him an unbelievable amount of time!...and the irony of that is during the introductions of the band, mick introduces "charlie watts, never misses a beat" before they played gimme shelter

Sounds like Charlie hated that introduction and did this on purpose to me. He knows better unless he couldn't hear. peace.

That's the Perth-gig. I think Keith mentioned somewhere that they were on acid.

Date: September 2, 2011 16:36

Well folks, Of course Keith makes alot of mistakes. It's not about mistakes and trainwrecks, it's about the eloquent recoveries! Besides mistakes are the match that lights the fire of creation and most of these live ones are probably because they can't hear correctly on stage. VERY often the case for the first song , before the monitor mixer can try to fix the stage sound. I would rather see the stunning performances than this list of FU's , too err is human and the stones wipe their azzes just like you and I. In fact there is a dude in a Melbourne AU suburb whos azz KR wiped on that mid seventies tour. Wonder who that dude became?

Date: September 2, 2011 16:45

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
Leonard Keringer

That's the Perth-gig. I think Keith mentioned somewhere that they were on acid.

Indeed he does DP! Good brain on ya! I think you are on to something here, if we correlate his drug input with the shows there is probably a connection. (and not just one waiting in the wings with a bag). Most drugs eventually destroy a musicians ability to play with anyone but themselves in my humble opinion. peace.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 2, 2011 17:00

Leonard Keringer

I'd love to hear that!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 2, 2011 18:45

DragonSky
Leonard Keringer

I'd love to hear that!

Posted by: OlRiddim ()
Date: September 2, 2011 21:06

Hmmmmm ... try counting it off to the guitar intro.

I don't know as Charlie was the problem there.

Date: September 3, 2011 01:14

deadegad
Back by popular demand . . ..

This is well and truly a train wreck. Watch Mick try to keep it on track while Bill and Charlie are amused by it all. And the audience? They very dutifully applauded! They were just glad it was over.

That was something. At 1:05 Jagger seems to be willing the song back in shape with his body;great.
And the look on Ronnie's face at 2:02 is priceless.
That was Leavell on keys; you know, I don't think I had ever realized that he came aboard then.

Date: September 3, 2011 01:20

stones78

Keith looks a bit on the nod; especially in that second chorus when Jagger comes up from the other side behind him.
But what a freakin solo by Ronnie; yes!

Date: September 3, 2011 01:54

GravityBoy
Bärs

You have no idea how much I detest Mick's vocal delivery on that.

What goes throught his head?

I think he does great. since it's the first time he opens his mouth for the night, and it's all about making a splash and an entrance with the signature hit, yet at the same time still pacing himself. It's hard to project in the lower register to 80, 000 people w/o putting some annoying grease behind it.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: September 3, 2011 05:45

Here is a Taylor mistake, watch Denny Newman laugh at Micks bung note about 35 second in.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: September 6, 2011 09:56

Poor Mick, he sometimes looks so stiff and uncomfortable and lacking in self esteem.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 6, 2011 10:01

Palace Revolution 2000
deadegad

This is well and truly a train wreck. Watch Mick try to keep it on track while Bill and Charlie are amused by it all. And the audience? They very dutifully applauded! They were just glad it was over.

That was something. At 1:05 Jagger seems to be willing the song back in shape with his body;great.
That was Leavell on keys; you know, I don't think I had ever realized that he came aboard then.

It's Charlie who makes the mistake, not Keith.

Mathijs

Date: September 6, 2011 11:26

Mathijs
Palace Revolution 2000
deadegad

It's Charlie who makes the mistake, not Keith.

Mathijs

Charlie is way out there. LOL!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1376
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home