Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: Best Keith mistakes
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 7, 2011 14:02

...and you've just admitted on the world wide web.

Bing bong.

Re: Best Keith fuckups
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 7, 2011 14:11

dancingmisterd
sweetcharmedlife
Some people must want to hear a note perfect symphony orchestra type performance. I suggest those people go listen to a symphony @#$%& orchestra in that case. I prefer Rock & Roll.

Whaaa? You posted a complaint stating that my bumping this thread was an FU and now you are posting comments on it???

What a corky. eye rolling smiley

It's not SCL who complained that your bumping was a FU ,you're mistaken .winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 7, 2011 14:12

sweetcharmedlife
AngieBlue
F-ups are fine in rock n roll. Just like sex, sometimes it's better sloppy. winking smiley
TMI Angie.eye popping smiley

ICBWsmoking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: June 7, 2011 14:17

SwayStones
dancingmisterd
sweetcharmedlife
Some people must want to hear a note perfect symphony orchestra type performance. I suggest those people go listen to a symphony @#$%& orchestra in that case. I prefer Rock & Roll.

Whaaa? You posted a complaint stating that my bumping this thread was an FU and now you are posting comments on it???

What a corky. eye rolling smiley

It's not SCL who complained that your bumping was a FU ,you're mistaken .winking smiley

No mistake. The post where he complained (which was at the beginning of page three of this thread) has disappeared.

How . . . convenient. Now he can post away (and he has!)

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 7, 2011 14:20

Let's set the record straight: [www.iorr.org]

Date: June 7, 2011 14:26

Edith Grove

Let's be honest, Edith.

After your post, SCL quoted your post along with the blurb, "I agree." And now that post is gone.

And are you now saying he never posted that "I agree" post??? If so, I am surprised, as you always seemed to be a man of integrity. We often don't agree, but we keep it honest.

Date: June 7, 2011 14:40

dancingmisterd
Edith Grove

Let's be honest, Edith.

After your post, SCL quoted your post along with the blurb, "I agree." And now that post is gone.

And are you now saying he never posted that "I agree" post??? If so, I am surprised, as you always seemed to be a man of integrity. We often don't agree, but we keep it honest.

OK, I must have missed that one. I'll take your word for it. smileys with beer

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 7, 2011 14:49

F.U.C. the Captain
Last night I had a listen to columbus 2005 ... aw God! I thought when I heard the first chords of "Brown sugar" ...

Another big fuckup was the Keith solo in "Sympathy for the Devil" in Johannesburg 1995 ... so out of key, it's impossible to describe...

The pervert I am, I tend to like these versions more than the polished ones because they sound like real rock! It's like when the COC misses the CUN while FUC! Something's happening!

WOW! That's exactly my description of Rock'n'Roll and the meaning of it..smileys with beer

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 7, 2011 15:27

Come On
F.U.C. the Captain
Last night I had a listen to columbus 2005 ... aw God! I thought when I heard the first chords of "Brown sugar" ...

Another big fuckup was the Keith solo in "Sympathy for the Devil" in Johannesburg 1995 ... so out of key, it's impossible to describe...

The pervert I am, I tend to like these versions more than the polished ones because they sound like real rock! It's like when the COC misses the CUN while FUC! Something's happening!

WOW! That's exactly my description of Rock'n'Roll and the meaning of it..smileys with beer

Me too! That's why I (still) love Chuck Berry so much. thumbs up

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 7, 2011 15:39

Sleepy City
Come On
F.U.C. the Captain

Me too! That's why I (still) love Chuck Berry so much. thumbs up

i like it raw aswell. and i dont care when a guitar is slightly out of tune or if there are some mistakes once in a while. i dont like when bands sound just like on cd.
but some of the mentioned keith mistakes are just embaressing. embaressing and sad that he's often just not able to play how he wants. and that sometimes (in the last 5-10 years) it seems he doesnt even realise how out of key he is. even if your fingers are broke you can hit one or two notes IN KEY with feeling and attitude. but those recent chuck b. catastrophys and some of the keiths recent nightmares have nothing to do with rock n roll or rawness.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 15:41 by guitarbastard.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 7, 2011 16:05

AngieBlue
F-ups are fine in rock n roll. Just like sex, sometimes it's better sloppy. winking smiley

I will drink to that smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 7, 2011 16:08

dancingmisterd
The post where he complained (which was at the beginning of page three of this thread) has disappeared.

Now how do you do that ? Making your own post disappear ? Magic ?

-------------------

Date: June 7, 2011 16:18

The funniest one that I remember was during the Licks Tour 2003 at the Globen in Stockholm, 20 July. At one point Keith starts the wrong song (according to the setlist), the whole band is waiting. Ronnie tries to warn Keith, because Ronnie has the wrong guitar for that song, but Keith turns around and goes off with the song. Rest of the band has no other option than simply follow Keith with the song, leaving Ronnie playing air-guitar on stage for at least a minute, before his guitartech could hand him the right guitar. That was really hilarious to watch.

-------------------

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2011 19:07

dancingmisterd
Edith Grove

Let's be honest, Edith.

While I am sincerely falttered that you hang on my every word and post. I suggest you get a life. Don't worry about what or where I post. LAst time I checked you weren't the board mod and I'll post what I damn well please when I want to until BV says I can't...and yes I think it was stupid to bump a 5 year old thread about @#$%& up's. How about bumping something positive.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: June 7, 2011 20:14

sweetcharmedlife
While I am sincerely falttered that you hang on my every word and post. I suggest you get a life. Don't worry about what or where I post. LAst time I checked you weren't the board mod and I'll post what I damn well please when I want to until BV says I can't...and yes I think it was stupid to bump a 5 year old thread about @#$%& up's. How about bumping something positive.
you advise someone to "get a life" and yet you advise us to bump a positive thread? what's wrong with this thread? are we hurting keith's feelings by talking smack about him? i think he's a big boy, he can handle it. but can YOU? clearly you cannot. and speaking of contributing something positive to this messageboard, how about you quit taking this place so seriously to the point where you need to criticize threads that are not to your liking by giving thumbs down or saying "boring. we need a tour" or "we've sunk to a new low". if you are so affected by what someone says on THE INTERNET then i advise that YOU should get a life. g'day, sir.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 20:14 by ineedadrink.

Date: June 7, 2011 20:41

Hey ineedadrink and sweetcharmedlife, how about getting a room together and have some fun ?

-------------------

Date: June 7, 2011 20:42

Rolling Hansie

And I would still like to have an answer to the above question

-------------------

Date: June 7, 2011 20:46

Rolling Hansie
The funniest one that I remember was during the Licks Tour 2003 at the Globen in Stockholm, 20 July. At one point Keith starts the wrong song (according to the setlist), the whole band is waiting. Ronnie tries to warn Keith, because Ronnie has the wrong guitar for that song, but Keith turns around and goes off with the song. Rest of the band has no other option than simply follow Keith with the song, leaving Ronnie playing air-guitar on stage for at least a minute, before his guitartech could hand him the right guitar. That was really hilarious to watch.

What song was this (& what was they meant to play)? Just curious... smiling smiley

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: June 7, 2011 21:07

Rolling Hansie
Hey ineedadrink and sweetcharmedlife, how about getting a room together and have some fun ?
if you want to pay for it, then sure! smileys with beer

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2011 21:19

Rolling Hansie
Rolling Hansie

And I would still like to have an answer to the above question
The magic of BV's editing...and the inly person I need to get a room with is Sway Stones.smiling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 7, 2011 22:43

Rolling Hansie

So you were there too, Hansie! I rank that one as my number one Stones concert experience! You could come so close to the stage and there was no crowding. I stood approx 10 meters from the stage - excellent sound and vision. Went to 2 of 3 concerts of the Stockholm triology (Stockholm Stadion, Globen, Cirkus). I still regret I missed the Cirkus concert.

Date: June 7, 2011 22:55

Date: June 7, 2011 23:49

Sleepy City
What song was this (& what was they meant to play)? Just curious... smiling smiley

I can't remember. I had a look at the setlist again and I still don't know. Must be my old fading memory

-------------------

Date: June 7, 2011 23:57

Stoneage
So you were there too, Hansie! I rank that one as my number one Stones concert experience!

And a great experience it was indeed.
My Dear Lady Anne and I spent a couple of days in Stockholm then. Wonderfull World, Beautyfull People. We couldn't get there in time for the stadium show, but we made up for that with the show at the Cirkus.

-------------------

Date: June 8, 2011 02:13

sweetcharmedlife
I suggest you get a life.

Which reminds me, how did you find the time to post 14,395 (and counting) posts?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 8, 2011 02:19

dancingmisterd
sweetcharmedlife
I suggest you get a life.

Which reminds me, how did you find the time to post 14,395 (and counting) posts?

Please, Gentlemen! End this conversation before it gets out of hand.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 8, 2011 02:29

Yeah they were supposed to play YGMR but Keef made the right decision, he started IYCRM (which is a 1000 times better tune) instead. The Globe and the Cirkus are 2 GREAT memories, Sympathy as the encore at the Cirkus, and me 1st row, praying for a standing ticket until I got the best seat in the whole house. 4 people on the floor offered me to switch. Turned 'em down very politely. Allahu Akbar. GOD IS GREAT.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: June 8, 2011 03:33

Edith Grove

hey ablett... i think he is looking at you

Date: June 8, 2011 10:31

MadMax
they were supposed to play YGMR but Keef started IYCRM

Thank you

-------------------

Date: June 8, 2011 10:36

Rolling Hansie
MadMax
they were supposed to play YGMR but Keef started IYCRM

Thank you

Easy enough mistake then. Titles are very similar, especially if quickly glanced at on a setlist.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1239
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home