Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: Best Keith fuckups
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 6, 2011 00:19

franzk
Connection - Oakland 2006

I think it tops everything, even Keith says: What a gunge!

This is definitely a top 10 candidate....never makes it to the second verse! Funny thing was I don't think half the crowd (or more) even noticed...

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: June 6, 2011 00:58

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: June 6, 2011 01:05

Debatable whether HTW was Keith's mistake. He played the intro (earlier than usual it's true), but Mick never started singing. So then they made eye contact to get re-synched, Keith played it again, and Mick came in properly.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: June 6, 2011 01:21

Stones didn't play Washington DC/Maryland in '97???

10/23/1997: Jack Kent Cooke stadium, a.k.a. Fedex Field. The false start is on the boot. Many of us experienced in person.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: June 6, 2011 01:55

Mick has pulled a few boners in his time. Like starting a song from the mixing board and trying to make it back to the stage alive.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 6, 2011 03:03

Loudei

Ouch, the guitar solo is awful!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 6, 2011 03:23

A thirty year old f**kup from Keith. From about four minutes into the song. Ernie and Ronnie saves him though.

Hampton dec 1981

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 6, 2011 03:35

This is not a f**kup, I just came across it while looking for the Hampton one on Youtube. Haven't seen it before. Apparently it is from Seattle Kingdom 15-10-1981. Seems like a pro-shot.

YCAGWYW Seattle 1981

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: June 6, 2011 05:25

there were numerous @#$%& ups during the CNIB show in Oshawa in April '79 , @#$%& for example

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: June 6, 2011 13:46

fyp933
there were numerous @#$%& ups during the CNIB show in Oshawa in April '79 , @#$%& for example

well if thats a fick up... keep them coming .. i just love that version,,

im still tryn to get the drift between what some call a fick up,, to good ole raw live rock and roll

Re: Best Keith mistakes
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 6, 2011 15:55

....how about a couple of chapters in his autobiography Life....can't get much more petty and tacky and *(&^ up than that.

Date: June 6, 2011 16:02

This is the worst:

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: June 6, 2011 17:22

DandelionPowderman
This is the worst:

Took my girl to this show, I was embarrassed after this song, concert was not so good either....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 6, 2011 19:05

northernale1
fyp933

well if thats a fick up... keep them coming .. i just love that version,,

im still tryn to get the drift between what some call a fick up,, to good ole raw live rock and roll
Some people must want to hear a note perfect symphony orchestra type performance. I suggest those people go listen to a symphony @#$%& orchestra in that case. I prefer Rock & Roll.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 6, 2011 19:59

punkfloyd
Mick has pulled a few boners in his time. Like starting a song from the mixing board and trying to make it back to the stage alive.

thats wacked. never seen that one, I think he was dramatising the song...he 'needed shelter'
eye rolling smileygrinning smileyeye rolling smiley

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: June 6, 2011 20:45

sweetcharmedlife
Some people must want to hear a note perfect symphony orchestra type performance. I suggest those people go listen to a symphony @#$%& orchestra in that case. I prefer Rock & Roll.

Whaaa? You posted a complaint stating that my bumping this thread was an FU and now you are posting comments on it???

What a corky. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 6, 2011 20:49

dancingmisterd
sweetcharmedlife

Whaaa? You posted a complaint stating that my bumping this thread was an FU and now you are posting comments on it???

What a corky. eye rolling smiley

+1. I am glad someone else sees it too.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 6, 2011 20:56

scaffer
One particularly amazing Keith goof can be heard clearly on the historic boot 'LiveR Than You'll Ever Be.' On Live With Me, beginning with the second verse, KR somehow starts playing the guitar line one beat behind, and continues to do this for quite some time! Bill Wyman, Mick T. and Charlie just keep rockin', and eventually Keith figures it out and makes the correction. But it really makes you wonder what he was on; I mean, to play that rather involved guitar line so precisely, and so precisely one beat behind everybody else, well, it must have been some very good dope.

Or very bad monitors perhaps?

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: June 6, 2011 21:05

scaffer
Stones didn't play Washington DC/Maryland in '97???

10/23/1997: Jack Kent Cooke stadium, a.k.a. Fedex Field. The false start is on the boot. Many of us experienced in person.

Were you there, scaffer? My two brothers & I went to '97 show at "The Cooker", which I believe had just been built.

I remember it was a rather cold day for an outdoor concert. But we still had a blast!

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 7, 2011 01:36

Telling the press he snorted his dads ashes

Dissing every new group thats ever mentioned in a interview

Continually having a pop at Jagger

Critising the Kinighthood

Acting like a grumpy old man...

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 03:48

ablett
Telling the press he snorted his dads ashes

Dissing every new group thats ever mentioned in a interview

Continually having a pop at Jagger

Critising the Kinighthood

Acting like a grumpy old man...

1yawning smileyut of context joke,,,,

2:name me a good band in the last 20yrs that have lasted

3:knighthood was everything they were against and one of them accepted

4:nothing wrong with being a grumpy old man when your are right

so whats your point???

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: June 7, 2011 04:48

F-ups are fine in rock n roll. Just like sex, sometimes it's better sloppy. winking smiley

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 7, 2011 05:34

northernale1

1yawning smileyut of context joke,,,,

2:name me a good band in the last 20yrs that have lasted

3:knighthood was everything they were against and one of them accepted

4:nothing wrong with being a grumpy old man when your are right

so whats your point???

2: what means "lasted"? is the aim to stay together as long as possible? or you mean the music lasted? then i can name you a few:

-nirvana, guns n roses, white stripes, pearl jam, public enemy, soundgarden, metallica, beastie boys to name a few....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2011 05:39

AngieBlue
F-ups are fine in rock n roll. Just like sex, sometimes it's better sloppy. winking smiley
TMI Angie.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 7, 2011 05:47

The moustache was the biggest mistake!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 05:48 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 05:54

On some blast-from-the-past radio broadcast I happened across (and don't know where the Stones show was or even what decade) during JUMPIN' JACK FLASH Keith plays solo stuff on the wrong fret for an embarrassingly long time. "Dude, when are you going to realize you're on the wrong fret."

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 7, 2011 08:54

stones78

Not a fuckup because he's so damn good looking and he played so good on other songs then and it all works so fine with Mick. Theyr just were to cool to be bad back then. To me there really are no fuckups until maybe 1981/1982 and then its Ronnie (too often) not Keith. Keiths mistakes, and yes you can call them mistakes, are from the last few tours. With the same weird solo going on and the songs he should have left in the 70s: Happy and BTMMR, the man cant sing those, they've sucked since 1989. Not a fan of the Vegasera but I dont think he played bad in 1989 or 1998. His rock voice was lost in 1981, I really dont care for the country ballads but would like to hear more Thief in the night grooves.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 13:02

Good Looking, now I have heard everything.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 7, 2011 13:49

1 out of context joke,,,, (may be out of context but a sad thing for a grown man to say)

2:name me a good band in the last 20yrs that have lasted (name me one band in the last 30 years that KR actually liked?)

3:knighthood was everything they were against and one of them accepted (everything they were against? 25 years ago maybe. But still pretending your some sort of outlaw is as sad)

4:nothing wrong with being a grumpy old man when your are right (what commenting on your music partners todger? etc. etc)

so whats your point??? The fella needs to get back to reality and grow up?

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 7, 2011 13:55

I haven't liked any bands in the last 30 years either...And my best friend has a tiny todger.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1547
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home