Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 9, 2018 20:12

DandelionPowderman
35love
‘Going Home’.
Has some menace from the RS
Going home, and going to bed,
so let’s PARTY, MF’ers.

They should at least play Going Home this time smiling smiley

The full 10+ minute version (or whatever it is) grinning smiley ?

Date: February 9, 2018 20:15

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
35love
‘Going Home’.
Has some menace from the RS
Going home, and going to bed,
so let’s PARTY, MF’ers.

They should at least play Going Home this time smiling smiley

The full 10+ minute version (or whatever it is) grinning smiley ?

thumbs up

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: February 9, 2018 20:23

Adrian-L
London gigs in Twickenham & Dartford would be appropriate at this juncture.

Well a show in Dartford would be nice and long overdue as they have never played here except maybe as Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys.

Only problem is Dartford is only home for Mick and Keith and has no venues even remotely capable of hosting a performance by the Stones.

The O2 in Greenwich is the nearest venue to Dartford that could host the Stones.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 9, 2018 20:44

DartfordRenegade
Adrian-L

Well a show in Dartford would be nice and long overdue as they have never played here except maybe as Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys

Len Goodman School of Dancing maybe?
And isn't there a nice little hall just opposite Dartford Grammar School?
Or Mick Jagger Centre in the school?
(Just a cosy little gig for locals, of course)

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 9, 2018 21:04

Sh, I don’t care where it is anymore, I just want a ticket.

Date: February 9, 2018 21:11

ycagwywpmd
DartfordRenegade
Adrian-L

Well a show in Dartford would be nice and long overdue as they have never played here except maybe as Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys

Len Goodman School of Dancing maybe?
And isn't there a nice little hall just opposite Dartford Grammar School?
Or Mick Jagger Centre in the school?
(Just a cosy little gig for locals, of course)

Well you never know. The Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, Walter Trout, 10CC, Ruby Turner and Chris Jagger have all played the Mick Jagger Centre in Dartford. Trying to score a ticket for the MJC if the Stones played there would be a nightmare though unless you worked there or were family and close friends of the band.

The hall opposite I'm assuming you mean either the one at the Catholic church or the masonic hall. I do have contacts with some of the masons so a slim chance of a ticket perhaps. Lol.

Date: February 9, 2018 21:18

There is of course the Orchard Theatre in Dartford town centre which is just short of 1000 seats. They are used to having well known acts such as Jools Holland perform there but I really can't see the Stones coming to Dartford at this stage of the game.

I did see both Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor perform at the Orchard a few years back and met Bill outside after the show.

I fully expect though to be catching a train to London to see the Stones at a stadium or arena as I have done in the past.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 9, 2018 21:29

35love

thumbs up

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 9, 2018 21:30

Yes you're right of course, but not that far to O2 is it?
Surprising how many people though think Dartford is part of London........

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 9, 2018 21:47

Monsoon Ragoon
I don't think Cardiff, let alone Sunderland is "home" for The Rolling Stones. They will only play such gigs if the negotiations with big markets partly fail. They prefer cities where they don't have an 2 hours drive to the hotel after the show.

You have inside knowledge of this I assume.
Last time they played Cardiff Mick stayed at the Celtic Manor, Newport which is only 20 minutes away.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 9, 2018 21:58

35love
smileys with beersmileys with beerhot smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 9, 2018 22:02

Monsoon Ragoon
atip
Monsoon Ragoon
atip
Monsoon Ragoon
I don't think Cardiff, let alone Sunderland is "home" for The Rolling Stones. They will only play such gigs if the negotiations with big markets partly fail. They prefer cities where they don't have an 2 hours drive to the hotel after the show.

"Home" means the U.K./British Isles, and that includes Cardiff and anywhere else on that group of islands. Precisely where and when they play, we've yet to find out.

What a nonsense. Keith lives in CT since the 70's, several 1000 km from England. Jagger spends most of his time outside the UK and if he is there, he's only in London 99%. They don't care about Wales or whatever.
What is likely? They will play in London (three or four shows), Dublin, North England (probably Manchester), Scotland and maybe Wales (probably Cardiff). That's all. Everything else is wishfull thinking.

Sorry, but you're confusing me... You say Keith's home has been in CT since the '70's... should we be looking for a show there? Then, you said you don't think Cardiff because it's a long drive to a hotel and they don't care about Wales, but now Cardiff is a probability. Then, there are Scotland, Dublin, and Manchester, which aren't really home,either, but they will have shows. confused smiley

They don't care about Wales as "home". They obviously don't tour because they have strong home feelings, but because they get 5 or more millions for two hours work. Nevertheless there could be a show after 12 years. They've been in Wales several times. But if there are really 3 or more shows in London, then I have my doubts they will play Wales. London area is "home" for the Stones members, not the entire UK. If they play Cardiff then not because they feel being "at home". The only reason is that the local promotor is paying them enough. The metropolitan area of Manchester and Glasgow/Edinburgh are sure bets; they've been there on every tour. Some people here wish a tour like 1971 + Dublin, Cork and Belfast, would be great - but won't happen.

The last I heard Charlie lives in Devon, Keith in Conneticut, Mick in France, Woody London. They have not called London 'home' since the 60's. Also for your information Cardiff has a large demographic with its own population, Swansea and Bristol within an hour. They will sell out a show there with no problem at all. According to your logic we can expect shows in Bude, Conneticut and the Loire.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 10, 2018 00:36

carouslambra
Monsoon Ragoon
atip
Monsoon Ragoon
atip
Monsoon Ragoon

"Home" means the U.K./British Isles, and that includes Cardiff and anywhere else on that group of islands. Precisely where and when they play, we've yet to find out.

What a nonsense. Keith lives in CT since the 70's, several 1000 km from England. Jagger spends most of his time outside the UK and if he is there, he's only in London 99%. They don't care about Wales or whatever.
What is likely? They will play in London (three or four shows), Dublin, North England (probably Manchester), Scotland and maybe Wales (probably Cardiff). That's all. Everything else is wishfull thinking.

Sorry, but you're confusing me... You say Keith's home has been in CT since the '70's... should we be looking for a show there? Then, you said you don't think Cardiff because it's a long drive to a hotel and they don't care about Wales, but now Cardiff is a probability. Then, there are Scotland, Dublin, and Manchester, which aren't really home,either, but they will have shows. confused smiley

They don't care about Wales as "home". They obviously don't tour because they have strong home feelings, but because they get 5 or more millions for two hours work. Nevertheless there could be a show after 12 years. They've been in Wales several times. But if there are really 3 or more shows in London, then I have my doubts they will play Wales. London area is "home" for the Stones members, not the entire UK. If they play Cardiff then not because they feel being "at home". The only reason is that the local promotor is paying them enough. The metropolitan area of Manchester and Glasgow/Edinburgh are sure bets; they've been there on every tour. Some people here wish a tour like 1971 + Dublin, Cork and Belfast, would be great - but won't happen.

The last I heard Charlie lives in Devon, Keith in Conneticut, Mick in France, Woody London. They have not called London 'home' since the 60's. Also for your information Cardiff has a large demographic with its own population, Swansea and Bristol within an hour. They will sell out a show there with no problem at all. According to your logic we can expect shows in Bude, Conneticut and the Loire.
They talk about London as home because they were born in London and Stones started as a London band. Where they live now doesn't matter.....

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 00:56

Heard the Artic Monkeys could be playing Croke Park

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 10, 2018 01:17

MisterDDDD
Thankfully, all indications are that they will never announce a "last tour" or "last show"... Always loved the "we'll play till we drop" narrative.

Fortunately, the band has never and likely will never need that to sell tickets.

Already counting on another North American tour after this one.. winking smiley

I agree the retirement tour just doesn’t seem their style. So we will never
know what show will be the last. This is a good thing.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 01:41

I think we can ignore monsoon Rangoon’s post if they played in his kitchen and put a blackboard on the wall asking which songs he wanted to hear he would complain that he wasn’t given any chalk

Date: February 10, 2018 01:49

swimtothemoon
MisterDDDD
Thankfully, all indications are that they will never announce a "last tour" or "last show"... Always loved the "we'll play till we drop" narrative.

Fortunately, the band has never and likely will never need that to sell tickets.

Already counting on another North American tour after this one.. winking smiley

I agree the retirement tour just doesn’t seem their style. So we will never
know what show will be the last. This is a good thing.

Right, and wasn’t there talk of Australia in the Fall, or 2019? Good grief.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 10, 2018 02:05

Al65
I think we can ignore monsoon Rangoon’s post if they played in his kitchen and put a blackboard on the wall asking which songs he wanted to hear he would complain that he wasn’t given any chalk

thumbs up grinning smiley hot smiley

Post of the f***ing century !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 10, 2018 02:19

grinning smiley

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: February 10, 2018 03:44

All the tour is confirmed .

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES !

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 10, 2018 04:00

Beast
atip
Monsoon Ragoon

"Home" means the U.K./Britain Isles, and that includes Cardiff and anywhere else on that group of islands. Precisely where and when they play, we've yet to find out.

100% correct thumbs up

And that's regardless of where any of them lives or spends time.

agree with Beast. It's like I have lived in Montana 35 years, far exceeding the 26 growing up in California, but Sacramento and the Bay will always be home.

plexi

Date: February 10, 2018 04:08

Sandy Beach

smileys with beerthumbs up

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 10, 2018 09:50

carouslambra
Monsoon Ragoon
atip
Monsoon Ragoon
atip
Monsoon Ragoon

Of course they would sell out a stadium gig in Cardiff. I only have some doubts if they even try it, if there are three, four shows in London just something like 200-220 km away. It's not that I want that Cardiff gets no show. They also don't play in Hannover, Leipzig or Rostock (anymore) if they play in Berlin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-10 10:19 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 10:23

Sandy Beach

Hopefully the Croke Park licence is granted

How many dates are on this tour?

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 10:42

Beast
Welsh Stone
Monsoon Ragoon
I've just checked and there are definitely hotels in Cardiff, so a 2 hour drive not necessary,

And unless I dreamed it, they have played in Cardiff before now.

Must have had the same dream as you
Tue Aug 29 2006 Millennium Stadium

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 10:44

Sandy Beach

confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley

Stop posting nonsense!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 10, 2018 11:37

Sandy Beach

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 10, 2018 13:19

Nate
Sandy Beach

Yay! smileys with beer

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 17:33

MSG!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 10, 2018 17:55

Cristiano Radtke
Nate
Sandy Beach

Yay! smileys with beer

thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Can not wait for the details!
Having never been to the UK, this tour is bucket list material for me.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1665
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home