Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2018 18:10

potus43
MSG!!!

Lol.........................eye rolling smiley

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 10, 2018 18:34

potus43
MSG!!!

You must mean the Michael Shenker Group! That's over here:
[iorr.org]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 10, 2018 18:57

Sandy Beach
All the tour is confirmed .

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES !

I bet your brains are as empty as potus43 his/her brains.
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-10 19:21 by corriecas.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 19:00

Why be insulting? I'm thankful for every information we get. I guess now that everything seems to be signed we don't have to wait long for an announcement. Thanks Sandy Beach!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 19:08

MonkeyMan2000
I guess now that everything seems to be signed we don't have to wait long for an announcement. Thanks Sandy Beach!

Says who???

Date: February 10, 2018 19:20

MonkeyMan2000
Why be insulting? I'm thankful for every information we get. I guess now that everything seems to be signed we don't have to wait long for an announcement. Thanks Sandy Beach!

I asked for his sources before..
never got an answer. so,...dont think the information is valuable.
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-10 19:41 by corriecas.

Date: February 10, 2018 19:22

MonkeyMan2000

It will take another 5 weeks, before the tour is announced. Not too many signed contracts yet.
Jeroen

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 10, 2018 19:25

All good things come to those who wait.
Relax and be patient and start saving your money for the summer.

Nate

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 19:46

Nate
All good things come to those who wait.
Relax and be patient and start saving your money for the summer.

Nate

Hopefully the Xroke Park licence negotiations are going good and a show there is included

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 10, 2018 20:23

corriecas
MonkeyMan2000

It will take another 5 weeks, before the tour is announced. Not too many signed contracts yet.
Jesroen

I read that Sandy Beach has previously provided accurate info but if it's really all confirmed we should get official word v.v.soon. If it's all true they have 110,000 tickets to sell at Twickenham alone and I don't think they are going to be cheap. There is a little over 4 months before first (unconfirmed) date of 19th June

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-10 20:24 by exhpart.

Date: February 10, 2018 20:32

exhpart
corriecas
MonkeyMan2000

Jesroen

I read that Sandy Beach has previously provided accurate info but if it's really all confirmed we should get official word v.v.soon. If it's all true they have 110,000 tickets to sell at Twickenham alone and I don't think they are going to be cheap. There is a little over 4 months before first (unconfirmed) date of 19th June

Sorry,First date May 17..Dublin.
jeroen

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 10, 2018 20:56

Twickenham Planning application number: 17/4528/VRC

Latest: Neighbour notification ended

Decision due: 10/05/2018

32 objections by local residents.

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 10, 2018 21:57

I believe both things can be true..
That the tour is "confirmed" and that they are fine tuning a couple locations (planning apps etc.). I'm sure there are back-up plans in place for alternative facilities if the couple permits don't come through etc.

As for the Twickenham prospects,as mentioned here previously only one of the two prospective dates require the planning variation.. "Variation of conditions 2 and 3 of Planning Permission 00/1098/FUL to allow for one additional concert to be held in 2018, with a capacity of 55,000 persons." Interesting also that the "neighborhood notification period" ended yesterday, same day of Sandy's "all tour confirmed" post. Perhaps 32 negative comments is relatively few, and it's all but a done deal.

As much as the fans need time to plan, can only imagine how much time/notice is actually needed to coordinate all the logistics of the tour..stage building, artwork, tix selling, transport issues,labor hiring, tix promotion and sales etc..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-10 22:04 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 10, 2018 22:18

Deltics

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

I read some of the objections; can't say I blame them. They're subjected to more and more American football, and other non-rugby events, and aren't going to take it anymore.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 10, 2018 22:21

DeanGoodman
Deltics

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

I read some of the objections; can't say I blame them. They're subjected to more and more American football, and other non-rugby events, and aren't going to take it anymore.

quite understandable. For me sometimes even the pub next to my flat is too much. Especially since there's a strict no smoking policy in Baveria. The result is that people smoke outside the pub (and they don't keep their mouths shut while smoking)

They shoudl simply move the Stones showsto the O2 (and I don't mind if they have to do more shows to sell as many tickets as they might sell for Twickenham)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-10 22:27 by slewan.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 10, 2018 22:26

DeanGoodman
Deltics

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

Please don’t get me started on how asinine I think it is we send our American teams over there like whores eye popping smiley
ETA: I am not an informed sports person, but even I can see.
Can the RS really have these silly public permit attempts out so late in the day?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-10 22:31 by 35love.

Date: February 10, 2018 22:38

corriecas
exhpart
corriecas
MonkeyMan2000

Jesroen

jeroen

Apologies Jeroen I meant first of the London dates that's just me being London centric :-)

Date: February 10, 2018 22:46

And to add to that ...if May 17th in Dublin is truly confirmed ...3 months to sell tickets. If I was the promoter I would want to start selling tickets tomorrow (which makes me wonder if Sandy Beach is a great source who has it spot on)

Date: February 10, 2018 22:50

May 17 Saint Patrick’s Day
are the hills green and rolling?
Nothing like the opening show of a tour
Good vibes for a shamrock Stones

Date: February 10, 2018 22:50

exhpart
corriecas
exhpart
corriecas
MonkeyMan2000

Jesroen

jeroen

Apologies Jeroen I meant first of the London dates that's just me being London centric :-)

Apologies accepted, and Dublin is not yet confirmed but a steady rumour.
And i agree, hope they will announce the tour as soons as possible, with ticket sales soon to follow. But as BV has mentioned, maybe at the start of spring we will know more (end of March.)
Jeroen

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 23:00

35love

March the 17th Saint Patrick's day. But I think you and everybody knows this.

Date: February 10, 2018 23:09

odean73
35love

I’m sorry! See, I really don’t know anything. Still sending 4-leaf good luck.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 11, 2018 00:50

Once they play Ireland I'll sleep tight til show day lol

It would not surprise me if negotiations broke down as us Irish are not the most competent of planners aka the Garth Brooks disaster of 2014 and the rumoured stones concert collapse of 2017 (apparently the Stones wanted more money but the GAA/Aiken were having none of it). Peter Aiken has already come out and said he's knws nothing of a rolling stones show in Ireland??

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 11, 2018 00:59

35love
odean73
35love

I’m sorry! See, I really don’t know anything. Still sending 4-leaf good luck.

No apologies needed my friend.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 11, 2018 02:53

Twickenham Stadium targets concerts expansion
'We are repositioning ourselves as a fantastic live music venue':

Interesting article that while not specifically mentioned, I think bodes well for the rumored June dates for the Stones..

"The venue also hopes to announce another huge show for its 2018 season in the coming weeks.

"We are repositioning ourselves as a fantastic live music venue in the summer for London," Twickenham's head of ticketing Richard Harris told Music Week. "It is definitely more of a focus for us."

"The venue faces stiff competition in the London stadium realm from Wembley Stadium and London Stadium - but Harris believes Twickenham holds a few aces up its sleeve. "We've got a much bigger concert window for people to choose from," he explained. "It's hard to compete in June, but they've got football tenants [Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United respectively] and we don't. The rugby season ends end of May and doesn't start up again until mid-September, so that's quite a window we're able to offer."

[www.musicweek.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 11, 2018 03:17

Healy52003
Once they play Ireland I'll sleep tight til show day lol

It would not surprise me if negotiations broke down as us Irish are not the most competent of planners aka the Garth Brooks disaster of 2014 and the rumoured stones concert collapse of 2017 (apparently the Stones wanted more money but the GAA/Aiken were having none of it). Peter Aiken has already come out and said he's knws nothing of a rolling stones show in Ireland??

Of course hes going to say that ffs eye rolling smiley

The application is for a Stones concert. Its pretty much common knowledge.

The Stones asking for too much money and a concert not coming off as a result is hardly a promoter's fault and hardly uncommon. Entire tours have failed to come together in the past for that reason.

Aikens have a pretty good and long track record as a competent promoter, the Garth Brooks fiasco notwithstanding (which was partly due to the GAA as well).

The biggest hurdle for this show coming off will be the residents' objections to the stadium holding an unprecedented 4 shows in 2018. Hopefully if it doesnt happen, they'd have the foresight to have the Aviva Stadium as a back up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-11 03:23 by Gazza.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: February 11, 2018 08:05

I think the band would love to play, even close out a US tour at MSG. But there is a conflict with the building and their promoter.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 11, 2018 08:40

mpj200
I think the band would love to play, even close out a US tour at MSG. But there is a conflict with the building and their promoter.

Oh boy...sounds like a return to the US isn't that farfetched after all, and is close to becoming a reality!
If they ever come back to Southern California - or maybe even Las *Vegas - I might give it a shot if I can get decent tickets at a reasonable price.
Not a chance I'll pay face value if the prices are the same they've been the last several US tours, but when the Stones are in town I'll do my best to be there - it's tradition!
Would probably have to rely on stubhub and the secondary market (and the inevitable last minute price drops), but it's worked out great in the past and if there's a will there's a way.

ps - I vaguely recall a post stating that after the UK tour the band will hope to finish the album and possibly return to the US to promote it's release.
Don't remember if that was you that posted that mpj200, but it's all starting to make perfect sense now if it does become a reality.

Meanwhile, and back on topic...waiting and hoping for the UK tour announcement for all of those who want to attend!thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 11, 2018 11:21

What puzzles me is how the Richmond borough decision date on the application was supposedly pushed back until May 10th? Earlier, the city website said the decision was due in March.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 11, 2018 13:38

Hairball
mpj200

Oh boy...sounds like a return to the US isn't that farfetched after all, and is close to becoming a reality!
If they ever come back to Southern California - or maybe even Las *Vegas - I might give it a shot if I can get decent tickets at a reasonable price.
Not a chance I'll pay face value if the prices are the same they've been the last several US tours, but when the Stones are in town I'll do my best to be there - it's tradition!
Would probably have to rely on stubhub and the secondary market (and the inevitable last minute price drops), but it's worked out great in the past and if there's a will there's a way.

ps - I vaguely recall a post stating that after the UK tour the band will hope to finish the album and possibly return to the US to promote it's release.
Don't remember if that was you that posted that mpj200, but it's all starting to make perfect sense now if it does become a reality.

Meanwhile, and back on topic...waiting and hoping for the UK tour announcement for all of those who want to attend!thumbs up

They might surprise us but I think you’re dreaming to be honest. Charlie is 77 this year and the whole band are now over 70. I think they’ll organise this tour so that it ends on those rumoured Twickenham dates. Twickenham is in London, their home city and the stadium is very close to Richmond, where it all began with their regular residency at the Crawdaddy Club in 1962/63, 55/56 years ago. I honestly think this is it and finishing on home turf seems apt.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home