Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 7, 2018 18:55

Topi
What's interesting is the media still hasn't picked up on the Twickenham rumor.

The better... Let sleeping dogs lie ..there are already 27 objections winking smiley

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: February 7, 2018 18:59

Still no rumours for UK apart from Twickenham, which is a bit concerning.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: February 7, 2018 19:02

Gazza
slewan
Healy52003
Lien
Meanwhile, the concert boss was keeping tight-lipped on whether he is applying for permission to hold a fourth gig at Croke Park this summer.

But he did quash rumours he has booked the Rolling Stones for the slot, saying: “I don’t know where that came from.”

[www.dublinlive.ie]

Pissed off now really pissed off

come on, folks, who really wants an open-air show in Ireland in May?

Seen plenty of outdoor Springsteen shows in Dublin in May (1993, 1999, 2003, 2008). Its never been a problem. The only one I remember that had horrible weather was in 2009. On the 11th July.
Plus, there didn't seem to be an issue regarding outdoor shows in Austria and Switzerland in September.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 7, 2018 19:07

Welsh Stone

I don't think they will play in Wales if there's more than two London gigs. The distance between inner London and Cardiff is just 210 km. The distance between the German shows was bigger. Maybe they play not even in North England. The days are over where there was a show every 80-200 km.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-07 19:19 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 7, 2018 19:19

So tomorrow is a week apperently since the Croke Park application was submitted and if it takes 3 weeks than we should knw by 22nd/23rd Feb if it goes public. Possibly it will not go public til the actual artists and date is announced??
[www.thejournal.ie]

For all those outside Ireland here's why only 3concerts a year can be held in the venue and my god the whole thing was a farce in 2014

Date: February 7, 2018 19:30

Monsoon Ragoon
Welsh Stone

I don't think they will play in Wales if there's more than two London gigs. The distance between inner London and Cardiff is just 210 km. The distance between the German shows was bigger. Maybe they play not even in North England. The days are over where there was a show every 80-200 km.

Arnhem - Amsterdam was only 97 km

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 7, 2018 19:35

Welsh Stone

I don't think so. They said there would be an extended UK Tour. Surely Cardiff will get a show. Imho, the Principality Stadium is Britain's very best sports stadium and I'm not Welsh so not biased, certainly not after what happened to my own nation there last Saturday sad smiley

Date: February 7, 2018 19:39

Lien
Monsoon Ragoon
Welsh Stone

Netherlands is VERY populous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-07 19:41 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 7, 2018 20:07

Monsoon Ragoon
Welsh Stone

I don't think they will play ...

You think a lot, but don´t know anything.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: February 7, 2018 20:07

Cristiano Radtke
Gaetzi
Just had a Facebook memory pop up that the first of the three Buenos Aires shows were two years ago today. Bring on the 2018 UK dates, I'm in!

Yes, and they were great! smiling bouncing smiley

Craziest concert experience I'll ever have, no question. what a trip!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-07 23:10 by Gaetzi.

Date: February 7, 2018 20:33

TooTough
Monsoon Ragoon
Welsh Stone

What do YOU know? I think a concert in Wales could be just whichful-thinking, yes. The small-town-tours are over. We will see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-07 20:35 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 7, 2018 20:36

Monsoon Ragoon
TooTough
Monsoon Ragoon
Welsh Stone

What do YOU know? I think a concert in Wales could be just whichful-thinking, yes. The small-town-tours are over. We will see.

I don´t know anything about new venues/dates, so I just don´t speculate.

Date: February 7, 2018 20:44

TooTough
Monsoon Ragoon
TooTough
Monsoon Ragoon
Welsh Stone

I don´t know anything about new venues/dates, so I just don´t speculate.

I don't really speculate. But if the 2018 tour is similar to the several legs 2012-17 then concerts in regions with not much population and close to a capital with multiple shows are rather unlikely. But I have no problem if they play in Cardiff or Bristol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-07 20:48 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: February 7, 2018 21:07

In Netherlands they may give 15 gigs a mounth, every gig is sold out!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 7, 2018 21:43

Lien
Monsoon Ragoon
Welsh Stone

and Germany (especially the densely populated Ruhr area) is very close, too

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 7, 2018 22:37

Gazza
timbernardis
Healy52003
plan on doing this for a UK show if dates suite me and theres no irish show this summer

Fly over early in the morning, go out to the stadium area for food/drinks etc and then after the show go back to the airport and get the early flight back to Dublin

Anyone ever do something like this ??

I will save money without getting a hotel room

I think Gazza may have done this b4, flying from London to Belfast after the O2 shows in 2012.

plexi

Sort of. I'd booked a hotel at a decent price near the 02 for the night of the first show when I got a bit of inside info re : the concert dates, then decided not to go once I saw the price of the tickets. Didnt cancel my room as I was willing to let someone else avail of it if they wanted. And then 3 days before the show, I decided to go after all when it was announced that Taylor and Wyman were playing so booked a flight and bought tickets below face value on e-bay. I'd no leave left from work so I had to go in the day after the gig but they allowed me to come in a couple of hours late. Intended to go straight to bed after the show but - you know how things are - ended up going out for drinks, got back to the hotel about 3, up and out around 5, got the first Tube all the way across London soon after to get a flight at Gatwick around 9.30. Into Belfast airport about 75 minutes later, got the airport bus and was in work for about 11.30.

I've a friend who goes to gigs in London regularly, but finds it hard to get weekdays off work, so he goes to the airport after the gig, sleeps for a couple of hours and gets the first flight out and is in work for about 9.15-9.30.

I wouldnt recommend it myself. I like my bed!

Considering the likely price of Stones tickets, saving £50-60 on a hotel room (if you're sharing) is pretty small beer.

It's great to c u back and posting Gazz, and frequently at that!! Keep it up.

plexi

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 7, 2018 22:40

This poster "twickerman" that posted the initial info re the Twickenham shows, followed up a couple days ago w more info.. I'm betting (literally) that the info is accurate, but looks like Mar 21 will be when they decide on permits??
His last two tweets on the topic..

Tweet from Jan 30th:
Some additional #Twickenham Stadium fixture info.
Just rugby and concerts, no NFL this year. Yay.
Some TBC (highlighted).
Are the Rolling Stones, RS, lined up for June (subject to planning permission)?

Tweet from Feb 5:
"Looks like I was wrong about 3 concerts at #Twickenham Stadium this summer. The RFU have actually applied for a 4th.
So it looks like 2 Rolling Stones (RS) gigs in June.
The planning app decision date is 21Mar so we'll have to wait til then for confirmation."

Date: February 7, 2018 22:50

MisterDDDD
This poster "twickerman" that posted the initial info re the Twickenham shows, followed up a couple days ago w more info.. I'm betting (literally) that the info is accurate, but looks like Mar 21 will be when they decide on permits??

Tweet from Jan 30th:
Some TBC (highlighted).

Tweet from Feb 5:
"Looks like I was wrong about 3 concerts at #Twickenham Stadium this summer. The RFU have actually applied for a 4th.
The planning app decision date is 21Mar so we'll have to wait til then for confirmation."

Balls it's Dublin or nothing for me cause those dates don't suite me
I'll be in London for Pearl Jam on the 18th June and then heading to Manchester for Foo fighters on the 19th June and have Billy Joel in Dublin on the 23rd June

One of those things I suppose if I'm never lucky enough too see the Stones live

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 7, 2018 23:14

Healy52003
MisterDDDD

Tweet from Jan 30th:
Some TBC (highlighted).

Tweet from Feb 5:

I'll be in London for Pearl Jam on the 18th June and then heading to Manchester for Foo fighters on the 19th June and have Billy Joel in Dublin on the 23rd June

Life’s about priorities! I know what I’d be choosing. Find a way!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: February 7, 2018 23:19

Would Twickenham likely be the London proper shows? (asks the guy from Colorado who's never been to the UK)- I have a close buddy that lives in London and plan on staying w him for a week and catching 2-3 shows.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 7, 2018 23:22

Healy52003

Pretty certain the Foo Fighters will be making many more UK appearances in the future.. I'd switch the 19th out if the rumor holds.. winking smiley

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 7, 2018 23:43

L, can you pls get me a ticket smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-07 23:44 by MononoM.

Date: February 7, 2018 23:46

MisterDDDD
Healy52003

Pretty certain the Foo Fighters will be making many more UK appearances in the future.. I'd switch the 19th out if the rumor holds.. winking smiley

have stuff sorted and meeting family there etc

Dublin in may would be so so good for me

wait and see i suppose

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 7, 2018 23:52

Gaetzi
Would Twickenham likely be the London proper shows? (asks the guy from Colorado who's never been to the UK)- I have a close buddy that lives in London and plan on staying w him for a week and catching 2-3 shows.

Yes I would think so. Unless the off chance they would play the O2 to close the tour.

Date: February 8, 2018 00:10

MisterDDDD

Tweet from Jan 30th:
Some TBC (highlighted).

Tweet from Feb 5:

Yes ,
Decision due: 21-03-2018
But the proposal is for óne additional concert , so the other one is happening hot smiley

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 8, 2018 01:11

sarahunwin
Off topic a bit, I know, but a dozen or so pages ago (I can't find it now) someone gave info on cheap airlines from the US to London. I am traveling from San Francisco or could from LA. Any one have any info on cheap flights? Thanks!

Norwegian Air also has deals. I will be flying out of SF to but on Delta/Virgin Atlantic using miles and hoping Stones cooperate by playing before, between or right after Hyde Park shows.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 8, 2018 02:47

Would be good if the Stones do some ,intimate, gigs at The O2 London. Gonna start saving some serious money then.
Jeroen

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 8, 2018 03:22

corriecas
Would be good if the Stones do some ,intimate, gigs at The O2 London. Gonna start saving some serious money then.
Jeroen

A 20,000 seater where the rows go so high up that they issue warnings on the tickets for those with vertigo isnt 'intimate' by any stretch of the imagination!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 8, 2018 03:39

Gazza
corriecas
Jeroen

A 20,000 seater where the rows go so high up that they issue warnings on the tickets for those with vertigo isnt 'intimate' by any stretch of the imagination!

Lol...sounds like the new T-Mobile arena in Vegas, but many arenas in the US can get dangerous the higher you get. I was at the United Center in Chicago about ten years ago, and went up to the highest reaches of the rafters to visit some friends in the nosebleeds prior to the show. I should have brought an oxygen mask...I felt like a mountain goat...very steep and dangerous!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 8, 2018 04:24

Hairball
Gazza
corriecas
Jeroen

Lol...sounds like the new T-Mobile arena in Vegas, but many arenas in the US can get dangerous the higher you get. I was at the United Center in Chicago about ten years ago, and went up to the highest reaches of the rafters to visit some friends in the nosebleeds prior to the show. I should have brought an oxygen mask...I felt like a mountain goat...very steep and dangerous!

Felt the same thing at the new Sacramento, CA arena when it opened w/ Paul McCartney 2016. I had a ‘good’ seat ($$$$) just off the floor, too, but had to have my head looking over to the right the whole show...a pain in the neck ;-)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home