Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 6, 2018 07:36

shattered
Hairball
Seems Poland has overtaken the UK in the rumour mill, regaining the lead it had a few weeks ago!

Noticed this too that the possible Twickenham No. 2 and Poland are on the same dates. What are we gonna do since they can't be in two places at once?

Clone the Stones?

When I was in High school in the late '70's there was a local Stones cover band called the Rolling Clones w/ a female guitar player
I know there's another UK based 'Rolling Clones' now (and I think there's even another current US based one?), but none can compare to the "real deal" original Rolling Clones.

Anyhow, hope these dates get worked out soon!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 6, 2018 07:46

shattered
Hairball
Seems Poland has overtaken the UK in the rumour mill, regaining the lead it had a few weeks ago!

Noticed this too that the possible Twickenham No. 2 and Poland are on the same dates. What are we gonna do since they can't be in two places at once?

Clone the Stones?

Where was there a date mentioned for the Polish gig ?

sc uk

Date: February 6, 2018 10:11

So what do we know?

There will be a UK tour with some mainland shows.

For the UK it is assumed they will play England, Ireland, Scotland and maybe Wales and North. Ireland.

Only Twickenham and Ireland (Croke Park?) are rumoured.

For mainland there were rumours about:

- Poland
- Germany in the north (was it Berlin?)
- Germany in the south (Stuttgart)
- Iceland festival (seems unlikely)
- Belgium (Werchter still has a headliner to anounce and werchter classic the same. They almost never skip Werchter, but they did in 2017)

Am I missing anything?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 6, 2018 11:02

Meanwhile, the concert boss was keeping tight-lipped on whether he is applying for permission to hold a fourth gig at Croke Park this summer.

But he did quash rumours he has booked the Rolling Stones for the slot, saying: “I don’t know where that came from.”

[www.dublinlive.ie]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 6, 2018 11:21

Lien
Meanwhile, the concert boss was keeping tight-lipped on whether he is applying for permission to hold a fourth gig at Croke Park this summer.

But he did quash rumours he has booked the Rolling Stones for the slot, saying: “I don’t know where that came from.”

[www.dublinlive.ie]

Well, you don't BOOK anyone BEFORE you have a permit...
Maybe that's (just) what he meant?

But in general, the natural order of things is:
local promoters line up their guns & make bids // RS concert promoter assembles all bids, & takes 'em to the band // these two parties decide the final itinerary, based upon general 'outlines' (f.i. no back-to-back shows anymore, no more that approx. 15 shows, no longer than 6 to 8 weeks... stuff like that); profit; logistics (a.o. travels); and 'sentimentalities' (specific venues, countries, events, etc.) - probably some (or even: a lot) more criteria involved, but definitely these ones... and probably in that order. // that final itinerary is then (and ónly then!) made public - first to the local promoters, and soon after to the general public.

And we, my fellow IORRians, are - still - only in fase '1' right here & now... as far as I can tell. (BV indicated that too btw, a short while ago.)

So DON't start booking flights & hotel just yet. And IF you do: don't complain, afterwards, if things turn out differently that you assumed - and definitely don't go blaming "Mick Jagger " for anything (apart from most of his solo work...).

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 6, 2018 11:26

Usual stuff. Of course the promoters are denying everything.

Look at the Pinkpop organizer Jan Smeets in 2014.

On February 5 he "knew nothing about the Stones in Pinkpop" [www.ad.nl]

It was officially announced on March 12 - and soon after that, the whole 14 On Fire tour:

[nltimes.nl]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 11:28 by Topi.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 6, 2018 12:57

Lien

[www.dublinlive.ie]

Pissed off now really pissed off

Date: February 6, 2018 13:01

Take it easy, Healy...I'm sure Mr. Aiken is sworn to secrecy at this point.

[www.thesun.ie]

Here he's quoted as follows:

And asked about rumoured Rolling Stones dates at Croker, he said: “It’s really talk about nothing to be honest with you. We’re doing Billy Joel, Roger Waters. “That’s quite a bit, there won’t be much more from us.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 13:18 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 6, 2018 14:27

Healy52003
Lien

[www.dublinlive.ie]

come on, folks, who really wants an open-air show in Ireland in May?

Date: February 6, 2018 15:28

slewan
Healy52003
Lien

[www.dublinlive.ie]

I want a stones show anytime the year

The fact is it was all made up and looks like Ireland are getting no stones show yet again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 15:29 by Healy52003.

Date: February 6, 2018 15:35

I wouldn't totally exclude Dublin/Ireland yet. It's still early. Just compare the time frame to 2014 or last year. There's four months to go until June.

The 2014 tour started on May 26 and we only had the basic list of rumored shows up on IORR on February 27.

Way too early to jump into conclusions.

A quote from boards.ie:

Until they have permission and the deal done, there's no way he'd confirm who it is so I'd take that 'rumour quashing' with a pinch of salt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 15:36 by Topi.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 6, 2018 16:26

Healy52003
slewan
Healy52003
Lien

[www.dublinlive.ie]

I want a stones show anytime the year

The fact is it was all made up and looks like Ireland are getting no stones show yet again

Be patient.

Nate

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 6, 2018 17:10

shattered
Hairball

Clone the Stones?

That could mean the Poland gig is off, although I don't hope so.

Date: February 6, 2018 17:13

Where has a possible date for any show in Poland been mentioned.

Nate

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 6, 2018 17:31

Nate

Nate

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 6, 2018 17:48

Off topic a bit, I know, but a dozen or so pages ago (I can't find it now) someone gave info on cheap airlines from the US to London. I am traveling from San Francisco or could from LA. Any one have any info on cheap flights? Thanks!

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 6, 2018 17:50

Lien
Nate

Nate

[www.facebook.com]
This date is random date! This event is made by fans for fans and it's only to exchange informations about polish gig for all people who wants to attend smiling smiley Don't count on this date. Rumour was about early June smiling smiley

Date: February 6, 2018 17:50

plan on doing this for a UK show if dates suite me and theres no irish show this summer

Fly over early in the morning, go out to the stadium area for food/drinks etc and then after the show go back to the airport and get the early flight back to Dublin

Anyone ever do something like this ??

I will save money without getting a hotel room

Date: February 6, 2018 18:28

Healy52003
plan on doing this for a UK show if dates suite me and theres no irish show this summer

Fly over early in the morning, go out to the stadium area for food/drinks etc and then after the show go back to the airport and get the early flight back to Dublin

Ask Al65

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 6, 2018 18:28

sarahunwin
Off topic a bit, I know, but a dozen or so pages ago (I can't find it now) someone gave info on cheap airlines from the US to London. I am traveling from San Francisco or could from LA. Any one have any info on cheap flights? Thanks!
Wow airlines has some great prices out of SF.. I'm probably going to travel from Seattle to use them if the dates line up..

[wowair.us]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 6, 2018 18:31

Healy52003

I did exactly the same for the first Hyde Park concert.

I flew to Spain ( Murcia ) on the Tuesday to start my holiday and then flew back to Stanstead early Saturday morning, met up with some fans off here and after a few drinks went to the concert.

After the concert finished i made my way back to the coach/bus stop and luckily enough for me, somebody pointed out it was the wrong stop and needed to go round the corner.

Had some food and drinks at Stanstead and just knowing I had to keep myself awake was the hardest part, to catch the early flight back to Spain.

I was completely knackered when I got back, but would not have missed it for the world.
I just knew I had to be sensible, drink wise of i would have either lost my passport or missed the flight back.

Looking back the very hot weather made it a lot better experience, with not looking for shelter etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 18:33 by odean73.

Date: February 6, 2018 18:55

odean73
Healy52003

I did exactly the same for the first Hyde Park concert.

I flew to Spain ( Murcia ) on the Tuesday to start my holiday and then flew back to Stanstead early Saturday morning, met up with some fans off here and after a few drinks went to the concert.

After the concert finished i made my way back to the coach/bus stop and luckily enough for me, somebody pointed out it was the wrong stop and needed to go round the corner.

Had some food and drinks at Stanstead and just knowing I had to keep myself awake was the hardest part, to catch the early flight back to Spain.

I was completely knackered when I got back, but would not have missed it for the world.
I just knew I had to be sensible, drink wise of i would have either lost my passport or missed the flight back.

Looking back the very hot weather made it a lot better experience, with not looking for shelter etc.

Im an horredus sleeper and can function on very little and the fact i dont like sleeping on public transport

Ive heard Twic stadium is a pain in the hole to get too but they might play other UK gigs outside of London. Whats the rumoured dates for the shows there ???

Im doing a 2 day Concert trip in June, Flying to London on the 18th June for Pearl Jam in the o2 and then get a train for the Foo Fighters in Manchester on the 19th June and back home to Ireland on the 20th June. Only thing left to book is the flight from Manchester to Dublin and a train ticket from London-Manchester (heard if u book online 3 days before departure you get train tickets cheaper ???). If the stones play around then i have to give it a miss as too much is too much

Date: February 6, 2018 19:08

Topi

[www.thesun.ie]

And asked about rumoured Rolling Stones dates at Croker, he said: “It’s really talk about nothing to be honest with you. We’re doing Billy Joel, Roger Waters. “That’s quite a bit, there won’t be much more from us.”

I see Roger Waters is playing at the 3Arena in Dublin on June 26 and 27 - highly recommended!
Even if you don't like his solo music or Pink Floyd music, the show itself is a visual and sonic extravaganza unlike any other!

As for Billy Joel - I thought he retired after a Farewell Tour?!!!

Date: February 6, 2018 19:24

Hairball
Topi

[www.thesun.ie]

I see Roger Waters is playing at the 3Arena in Dublin on June 26 and 27 - highly recommended!
Even if you don't like his solo music or Pink Floyd music, the show itself is a visual and sonic extravaganza unlike any other!

Actually going to Billy Joel in the Aviva in Dublin on the 23rd June further rulling me out of going to a UK stones show from 17-23 June

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 6, 2018 19:26

Hairball

Billy Joel's far from retired. Besides shows at various arenas and stadiums, he's done a monthly "residency" show at MSG since 2014.

Date: February 6, 2018 19:37

bye bye johnny
Hairball

Billy Joel's far from retired. Besides shows at various arenas and stadiums, he's done a monthly "residency" show at MSG since 2014.

Didn't realize that.
He's sort of fallen off the radar, or at least my radar - never was much of a fan.

Just checked to see the last time he played in SoCal, and I see that he was just here back in May, 2017!

Los Angeles, CA Dodger Stadium May 13, 2017

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 6, 2018 21:04

sarahunwin

Hi sparkly top! Maybe try www.cheapoair.com or www.cheapflyfares?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 6, 2018 21:07

sarahunwin

Sarah - my sister in law flew from SFO to somewhere in Europe last year for $355. I could ask her the details such as when, where and what airline if u like.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 6, 2018 21:14

Healy52003

I think Gazza may have done this b4, flying from London to Belfast after the O2 shows in 2012.

plexi

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: February 6, 2018 21:28

The show in Croke Park is a fact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 21:28 by Sandy Beach.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home