Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:29

Monsoon Ragoon
What do you people do if there's a cancer diagnosis or a palm fall until June? Who many rumours lead to actual concerts in the rumoured town at that very date within the last 20 years?

Just cancel the hotel and get ready to start again.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:29

Monsoon Ragoon
What do you people do if there's a cancer diagnosis or a palm fall until June? Who many rumours lead to actual concerts in the rumoured town at that very date within the last 20 years?

First of all you mean HOW (not WHO), and secondly ... what a dumb thing to say !! But to answer your absurd question, MOST rumours have led to actual concerts in the last 20 years, just not 'ridiculous private wishlist type rumours' - like a great many of those that occupy the majority of the 45 pages of this thread to date !!

And who are 'you people' ? FFS !

The formal/official announcement will come soon enough ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:30

ycagwywpmd
hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95
I will book rooms at the Travelodge Twickenham near the stadium. You can cancel the room until noon on arrival day

spending the night at Twickenham, Richmond etc when London is so near???

London is dead at night. I think it is easier to travel into the city to see something than travel to the concert. I was at the first O2 concert in 2007 where the Underground closed before most people got out of the arena. And there isn't even an underground station near Twickenham Stadium. So this will be the right choice for me smiling smiley

If you can get accommodation near the venue, eg Twickenham or Richmond, you would really be best advised to do so, asap, unless you can walk to your hotel from Waterloo, which is the London mainline station the train gets in to from Twickenham.
After Stones concert Aug 2003, we walked back to Twickenham station (reasonably close), well organised, mounted police, good crowd control getting us all on to plenty of London bound trains, but all they care about is get you out of Twickenham. 20 minutes on train to Waterloo, all good, but get off train to announcements 'all tube trains have finished for the night'. The taxi Q was half a mile long with no taxis up front. We walked in to central London, deserted, not a London Taxi Cab anywhere. We ended up getting in an unlicensed taxi back to our car on the outskirts of London, this was both very expensive and very dangerous. YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT ON ANY ACCOUNT.
So please, please, book your hotel within walking distance of the concert ground, or walking distance from Waterloo Main Line Station, don't assume there will be transport of any sort to help you out. Yes, there are some 'night buses', and maybe now some 'night tubes', they will not be nice places to be, so take heed and plan ahead, know how you will get from a - b if the public transport and legit taxis have finished for the night.
Staying close to the venue makes so much sense!

These days three or four tube lines run all night on Friday and Saturday at least and there is Über or Addison Lee instead of black cabs or minicabs. But yes, it’s definitely easier to avoid transport hassles by staying near the venue. I live way on the other side of London but have always managed to get home from Twickenham - eventually!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:30

Monsoon Ragoon
35love
Monsoon Ragoon

Why say something like that?
You know what Monsoon,
I am going to try for 2 tickets when they go on sale,
and I might be coming solo.
You should buy my other one!

I'm very sceptical about rumours like this. Maybe only half of them really lead into concerts. And even if the shows are announced it means nothing. How many confirmed Rolling Stones shows were cancelled or rescheduled within the last 20 years? I think 40 at least.

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:33

Croker May 17?

[www.irishmirror.ie]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()

paulywaul
Monsoon Ragoon

First of all you mean HOW (not WHO), and secondly ... what a dumb thing to say !! But to answer your absurd question, MOST rumours have led to actual concerts in the last 20 years, just not 'ridiculous private wishlist type rumours' - like a great many of those that occupy the majority of the 45 pages of this thread to date !!

And who are 'you people' ? FFS !

The formal/official announcement will come soon enough ....

Well we should remember the chaos in 1998, 2003 (Asia), 2006 and 2014. I could make a list with dozens of seriously rumoured or announced shows that never happened, at least not on the first scheduled date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 19:46 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: slewan ()

Right now I wouldn't book anything that can't be cancelled for free (at least not unless we have some real information from a source that's known to be reliable (like bv))

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:34

Monsoon Ragoon
35love
Monsoon Ragoon

Why say something like that?
You know what Monsoon,
I am going to try for 2 tickets when they go on sale,
and I might be coming solo.
You should buy my other one!

I'm very sceptical about rumours like this. Maybe only half of them really lead into concerts. And even if the shows are announced it means nothing. How many confirmed Rolling Stones shows were cancelled or rescheduled within the last 20 years? I think 60 at least.

Ah c'mon Monsoon...the fist substantial rumours happening...why rain on the parade? What if the sky falls tomorrow?
It's still early, and there will be plenty of time for 'doom and gloom' later. winking smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:44

Got bookings for the five nights at the Twickenham Guest House right by the stadium. 7 day cancellation policy and only 15 pounds deposit to hold reservation. They only had a family room available for the 23rd so I will be selling beds - lol

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:47

FWIW- The Twickenham Marriott which is on the grounds of the stadium has 8 rooms booked on 6/19 but the entire hotel is on hold as of a couple days ago.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:55

MizzAmandaJonez
Is it easy after the show to Uber or Taxi to Heathrow if we stay there?

Yes it's only a short ride away and staying at Heathrow is a decent option if you are just here for one night or you have an early flight the next day.
There are lots of hotels in and around Heathrow airport,there are three that are directly attached to the airport Premier inn Terminal 4,Hilton Terminal 4 and Sofitel Terminal 5 all other hotels are a bus ride away from the airport.
You can transfer between the terminals for free on the Heathrow express train.

Nate

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 2, 2018 20:02

MizzAmandaJonez
FWIW- The Twickenham Marriott which is on the grounds of the stadium has 8 rooms booked on 6/19 but the entire hotel is on hold as of a couple days ago.

I just pre booked this hotel.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 2, 2018 20:16

AIKEN PROMOTIONS

Announcement
to be made at a press reception on
Monday 5th February – 2pm

The Minerva Suite, RDS
(Access to the Minerva Suite is via Merrion Road entrance)

Announcement will be made by Peter Aiken

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 2, 2018 20:30

Monsoon Ragoon

Assuming I qualify as a 'you people' here's what I did.......
Posted last-chance sample (don't ask) the day before I left for Desert Trip, so guaranteeing I wouldn't have to cancel the trip for a bad result. Told no-one of these actions. Went to Desert Trip (week 2) had a fantastic time, tried not to think about my medical dilemma, still told no-one. Returned home, opened envelope 'please come to hospital urgently'. Believe me, going to Desert Trip to walking through doors marked 'oncology' all within 48 hours was a real rollercoaster of emotions. But my point is, whilst most definitely not wanting to belittle anyone going through the traumas of serious illness, yes, 'you people' (or at least this one), can still find a way to maybe just hope and believe, for a Stones concert, or a bit longer on the planet?
Is there really anything wrong with that?

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 2, 2018 20:55

Hairball
ycagwywpmd
hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95
I will book rooms at the Travelodge Twickenham near the stadium. You can cancel the room until noon on arrival day

spending the night at Twickenham, Richmond etc when London is so near???

London is dead at night. I think it is easier to travel into the city to see something than travel to the concert. I was at the first O2 concert in 2007 where the Underground closed before most people got out of the arena. And there isn't even an underground station near Twickenham Stadium. So this will be the right choice for me smiling smiley

If you can get accommodation near the venue, eg Twickenham or Richmond, you would really be best advised to do so, asap, unless you can walk to your hotel from Waterloo, which is the London mainline station the train gets in to from Twickenham.
After Stones concert Aug 2003, we walked back to Twickenham station (reasonably close), well organised, mounted police, good crowd control getting us all on to plenty of London bound trains, but all they care about is get you out of Twickenham. 20 minutes on train to Waterloo, all good, but get off train to announcements 'all tube trains have finished for the night'. The taxi Q was half a mile long with no taxis up front. We walked in to central London, deserted, not a London Taxi Cab anywhere. We ended up getting in an unlicensed taxi back to our car on the outskirts of London, this was both very expensive and very dangerous. YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT ON ANY ACCOUNT.
So please, please, book your hotel within walking distance of the concert ground, or walking distance from Waterloo Main Line Station, don't assume there will be transport of any sort to help you out. Yes, there are some 'night buses', and maybe now some 'night tubes', they will not be nice places to be, so take heed and plan ahead, know how you will get from a - b if the public transport and legit taxis have finished for the night.
Staying close to the venue makes so much sense!

Good memory ycagwywpmd!

I also recall getting the train to Waterloo station only to hear that all tube trains had closed for the night, and seeing the nightmare long taxi queue - what a quagmire!
I was with a few other friends and we decided to make the trek back to our hotel up near Russell Square and the British Museum on foot. Luckily it was only about a 40 minute walk through dark and empty London,
but after a long day, suffering through opening band Starsalor, and experiencing a great Stones show from the 10th row, it seemed like it was quite a bit further.

So many memories, but one clear memory I have of that show was seeing a young Matt Lee marching/dancing down the aisle back to his seat during Sympathy.smiling smiley

Glad to read these tour rumours are picking up pace, and hoping it happens for all who want to attend!

I think I quite enjoyed Starsailor. I don't remember the Matt Lee moment, but I wonder if you remember the Concord moment? It flew over, quite low, on a beautiful summer evening, shortly before the concert started, lots of people stood up and cheered and applauded, it was just a few weeks befor her last flight. Quite a moment. Almost as if MIck arranged it......

Date: February 2, 2018 21:03

Healy52003
AIKEN PROMOTIONS

Announcement

The Minerva Suite, RDS

sorry, folks. But because of reasons to complicated to explain I don't need and don't want no tickets to go on sale before March 16th

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 2, 2018 21:45

OK. IF the license for an additional Croke Park show has already been granted and IF the Aiken Promotiona preaa conference on Monday is about that, shouldn't the whole tour be announced simultaneously? I know that in 2014 Pinkpop and Werchter were announced before other dates, but even then it was the Stones themselves making the announcement via social media/the app etc. It was not the promoter giving a press conference.

Interesting.

Date: February 2, 2018 21:47

Healy52003
AIKEN PROMOTIONS

Announcement

The Minerva Suite, RDS

What does this mean

Date: February 2, 2018 21:52

This morning Irish bookmaker Paddy Power was offering 16 to 1 that it's the Stones that the license is being applied for.Ed Sheeran was apparently odds on.
For anyone that doesn't understand betting this means that the likelihood is that the license is being applied for an Ed Sheeran concert.
They were offering 5/6 on that the license gets granted,I don't know what Sheerans exact odds were but if the Stones were being offered at 16/1 in a two horse race then Sheeran would be heavy odds on.
The bookmakers are not often wrong but then some people say that the Stones will play that gig in Dublin.
We will see.

Nate

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 22:24 by Nate.

Date: February 2, 2018 22:10

Sheeran doing 3 shows at another venue on the 16th, 18th and 19th and also doing Croke Park in between sounds somewhat strange.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 22:12 by Topi.

Date: February 2, 2018 22:18

Also, if Aiken only published the notice about the application in today's newspapers, and gave the local residents a heads-up yesterday, what would there be to announce - regarding this matter - on Monday already?

The news is expected to be announced by Aiken formally in the media on Friday but Stadium Director Peter McKenna flagged the plans for the application in a notice to residents of the area on Thursday morning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 22:19 by Topi.

Date: February 2, 2018 22:20

Topi
Sheeran doing 3 shows at another venue on the 16th, 18th and 19th and also doing Croke Park in between sounds somewhat strange.

Yes that would seem strange that he would switch venues like that.
I don't know we are all just guessing and trying to solve the puzzle.

Nate

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: February 2, 2018 22:25

It’s not Ed S. It’s the Stones. That’s where my bet is going.

[www.rte.ie]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 22:27 by RedRedRobin.

Date: February 2, 2018 22:33

RedRedRobin
It’s not Ed S. It’s the Stones. That’s where my bet is going.

[www.rte.ie]

Just another newspaper article unless of course you know more in which case I'd be phoning Paddy Power spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 2, 2018 22:57

Nate
This morning Irish bookmaker Paddy Power was offering 16 to 1 that it's the Stones that the license is being applied for.Ed Sheeran was apparently odds on.
For anyone that doesn't understand betting this means that the likelihood is that the license is being applied for an Ed Sheeran concert.

Nate

well, that could be the way to get enough money to pay for the tickets…

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 3, 2018 00:07

odean73
Monsoon Ragoon

Just cancel the hotel and get ready to start again.

What odean73 said! Whatever else it is - disappointing, inconvenient, annoying, with loss of time and money etc. - it's not normally a matter of life or death for most people if a show is cancelled or postponed. I've had Stones shows cancelled on me on the spot three or four times at least, a couple of them many thousands of miles away from my home, but hey, s**t happens to everyone. We all found something else to do on the night and we didn't die. As the saying goes, you pays your money and you takes your choice...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 3, 2018 00:19

Is it a ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ open
because my news headline just read
Dow closes -666 with a red devil face for the caption!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 3, 2018 01:02

35love
Is it a ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ open
because my news headline just read
Dow closes -666 with a red devil face for the caption!

Excellent! Closing in on a buying opportunity smiling smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 3, 2018 01:32

OK, got a refundable/ pay at hotel reservation at a guest house for about 285BP (sorry, don't know where the pound symbol is on my keyboard)for 5 nights from the 19th to the 24th in Hounslow. At least I have something.

Date: February 3, 2018 02:07

If you will stay for 5 nights then you might want to consider staying in central London obviously hotel rates would be much higher but if you don't mind staying in hostels then the generator hostel in Kings Cross is a great place to stay it's clean and safe and would be cheaper than your current booking.
It really depends on what you want to do and see between the shows.

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2000
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home