Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 2, 2018 14:34

Monsoon Ragoon
BowieStone
Monsoon Ragoon
bv
I have been told that the new Wembley stadium is no good for sound. Anyway I have great memories from Twichenham last time around, and they make good money with chairs all overv the field.

Hotel prices are ramping up both in Dublin and the Twickenham area, so this will be "No Filter" hotel prices one more time, for those who book late.

I doubt that they don't do Wembley because of the bad sound. Why would they book the horrible Amsterdam Arena then for 20 years? Also other stadiums last year had bad acoustics judging from the poor recordings.

Wembley is horrible. I saw AC/DC there a couple of years ago and thought it was terrible. A couple of days later I saw them in Belgium: absolutely fantastic. Exactly the same show.

I heard that the sound in the Amsterdam Arena was alright on the No Filter. I wouldn’t know because of my pit tickets.

Yeah, fields have a good sound. I know Werchter from June 1995. Maybe they improved the sound of the ArenA after 1998. But I think it's still not perfect. The Amsterdam release from the Licks Tour is one of the worst available on pressed CDs.

I was in the pit in amsterdam sept 30 2017 and sound was great.
Jeroen

Date: February 2, 2018 14:37

How is it to get from twickenham to kingston upon thames?
Jeroen

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 2, 2018 14:45

Very easy ... train

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 2, 2018 15:03

btw: Richmond is a pretty nice place – but I guess it will be much too overcrowded by Stones fans then…

Date: February 2, 2018 15:13

Thanks for the info everyone.
But..just booked a night at The Milford Arms in Isleworth, for june 23.
next day i will be 58, so maybe i can buy a beer for someone???
jeroen

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 2, 2018 15:18

corriecas
Thanks for the info everyone.
But..just booked a night at The Milford Arms in Isleworth, for june 23.
next day i will be 58, so maybe i can buy a beer for someone???
jeroen

Yessss you can... smileys with beer

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 2, 2018 15:43

The Irish press seems to have caught on to the Croke Park rumor.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 2, 2018 15:56

I will book rooms at the Travelodge Twickenham near the stadium. You can cancel the room until noon on arrival day

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 2, 2018 16:18

hockenheim95
I will book rooms at the Travelodge Twickenham near the stadium. You can cancel the room until noon on arrival day

spending the night at Twickenham, Richmond etc when London is so near???

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 2, 2018 16:26

slewan
hockenheim95

Travelodge in Richmond is another option but be quick.

This rumour I can tell you is credible.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 2, 2018 16:34

Am in London on 22nd June taking my teenage daughters to see Taylor Swift....looks like I will have to stay an extra night !

Date: February 2, 2018 16:41

slewan
hockenheim95

London is dead at night. I think it is easier to travel into the city to see something than travel to the concert. I was at the first O2 concert in 2007 where the Underground closed before most people got out of the arena. And there isn't even an underground station near Twickenham Stadium. So this will be the right choice for me smiling smiley

Date: February 2, 2018 17:00

Adrian-L
slewan
hockenheim95

Travelodge in Richmond is another option but be quick.

This rumour I can tell you is credible.

Which date(s) are we talking about Adrian ? Save me flicking back through the thread to find the original post that first mentioned it/them ... if you wouldn't mind

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 2, 2018 17:01

Gazza
carouslambra
Gazza
Topi
"One additional concert", the application states. City bylaws allow 3 concerts a year and the venue is applying for another one. We know for a fact that Eminem is performing two shows in July. The math adds up: 2 Eminem concerts + 2 Stones concerts = 4 total.

Now we're talking!

I'd be amazed if the Stones chose to play Twickenham again instead of Wembley, now that the opportunity is finally there to play the latter for the first time since it was rebuilt. Especially seeing as its highly likely it'll be their last chance to do so.

I dont know how many shows Wembley is allowed to stage per year but it used to be about 10-12 - either way its bound to be far more than is permitted for Twickenham. Theres no real need to apply for a special licence if they play Wembley.
They have had other opportunities to play Wembley which re opened in 2007. It is an awful venue for concerts. Too large and vacuous with terrible sound.

[[b]b]Only in 2013 as its the only summer that theyve played dates in the UK since then[/b].[/b]

I've heard similar complaints about the sound in the new stadium, although as we've seen with Amsterdam, a stadium's reputation for poor sound isnt something which tends to deter them when choosing a venue.

2007 They could have been the first live band to play Wembley but it never happened.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 2, 2018 17:02

I live in Oxfordshire so will travel in on the day. I saw U2 at Twickenham last year and came in on the train from Virginia Water Or Egham . The line goes all the way in to Waterloo. As local boy Paulywaul says this is your best bet for getting from the Cemtre to Twickenham - surface Trains.

At night the buses are good because they run all night and are much quicker with no traffic to hack through. At last we have a solid rumour people are latching on to and growing arms and legs so I look forward to 10 pages of conjecture and chit chat grinning smiley

Date: February 2, 2018 17:04

Silver Dagger
paulywaul
Silver Dagger
Please no. Twickenham is a nightmare to get back from and the sound was terrible.

Not if you live where I do, it's a pleasant stroll TO and an equally pleasant stroll FROM !! cool smiley

Sound will be great (in the pit) ....

Parteeeeeeeeeee at Pauly's afterwards. I'm goin' to bring some Puerto Rican girls who are dyinnnn to meet you!

I look forward to meeting them, but er ...... aren't they mostly hookers ? Not that I'm squeamish or anything ! grinning smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 2, 2018 17:23

A West London meet then - is there a good place for DPs band ? Perhaps the Bull s head in Barnes for old times sake !

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 2, 2018 17:28

hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95

London is dead at night. I think it is easier to travel into the city to see something than travel to the concert. I was at the first O2 concert in 2007 where the Underground closed before most people got out of the arena. And there isn't even an underground station near Twickenham Stadium. So this will be the right choice for me smiling smiley

If you can get accommodation near the venue, eg Twickenham or Richmond, you would really be best advised to do so, asap, unless you can walk to your hotel from Waterloo, which is the London mainline station the train gets in to from Twickenham.
After Stones concert Aug 2003, we walked back to Twickenham station (reasonably close), well organised, mounted police, good crowd control getting us all on to plenty of London bound trains, but all they care about is get you out of Twickenham. 20 minutes on train to Waterloo, all good, but get off train to announcements 'all tube trains have finished for the night'. The taxi Q was half a mile long with no taxis up front. We walked in to central London, deserted, not a London Taxi Cab anywhere. We ended up getting in an unlicensed taxi back to our car on the outskirts of London, this was both very expensive and very dangerous. YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT ON ANY ACCOUNT.
So please, please, book your hotel within walking distance of the concert ground, or walking distance from Waterloo Main Line Station, don't assume there will be transport of any sort to help you out. Yes, there are some 'night buses', and maybe now some 'night tubes', they will not be nice places to be, so take heed and plan ahead, know how you will get from a - b if the public transport and legit taxis have finished for the night.
Staying close to the venue makes so much sense!

Date: February 2, 2018 17:34

ycagwywpmd
hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95

If you can get accommodation near the venue, eg Twickenham or Richmond, you would really be best advised to do so, asap, unless you can walk to your hotel from Waterloo, which is the London mainline station the train gets in to from Twickenham.
After Stones concert Aug 2003, we walked back to Twickenham station (reasonably close), well organised, mounted police, good crowd control getting us all on to plenty of London bound trains, but all they care about is get you out of Twickenham. 20 minutes on train to Waterloo, all good, but get off train to announcements 'all tube trains have finished for the night'. The taxi Q was half a mile long with no taxis up front. We walked in to central London, deserted, not a London Taxi Cab anywhere. We ended up getting in an unlicensed taxi back to our car on the outskirts of London, this was both very expensive and very dangerous. YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT ON ANY ACCOUNT.
So please, please, book your hotel within walking distance of the concert ground, or walking distance from Waterloo Main Line Station, don't assume there will be transport of any sort to help you out. Yes, there are some 'night buses', and maybe now some 'night tubes', they will not be nice places to be, so take heed and plan ahead, know how you will get from a - b if the public transport and legit taxis have finished for the night.

I just booked 3 double rooms from friday to sunday at the Travelodge Twickenham for 128 Pounds each.

Date: February 2, 2018 17:35

grzegorz67
I live in Oxfordshire so will travel in on the day. I saw U2 at Twickenham last year and came in on the train from Virginia Water Or Egham . The line goes all the way in to Waterloo. As local boy Paulywaul says this is your best bet for getting from the Cemtre to Twickenham - surface Trains.

At night the buses are good because they run all night and are much quicker with no traffic to hack through. At last we have a solid rumour people are latching on to and growing arms and legs so I look forward to 10 pages of conjecture and chit chat grinning smiley

[www.projectmapping.co.uk]

You can get to Twickenham by SW Trains from Waterloo in central London by either:

(a) taking the train to Richmond (end stop Windsor & Eton) and then walking

or ...

(b) taking the train to Kingston (end stop Shepperton) - but then getting off at Kingston and waiting for the next 'loop' train, the one that comes from Waterloo but does not continue to Shepperton, but instead doubles back on itself and heads back to Waterloo by going via Twickenham and Richmond.

If you look at the map, this 'loop' business will make sense.

If you want a pleasant enough stroll without the stress of insane crowds and waiting times at Twickenham train station (which quite frankly can't cope with excessive numbers of people), get yourself to Richmond and then walk. And this is how ......

From the station, walk along the High Street to Richmond Bridge. Go over the Bridge and keep going along the Richmond road which then becomes St Margaret's Road until you come to the Chertsey Roundabout. This is the main A316 road in/out of SW London. Simply turn left and walk down it. You pass another roundabout, and at the following roundabout - off to the right is Twickenham Stadium.

I walk this route all the time between Richmond and Twickers, it is faster and more pleasurable than standing like a dick in a long queue for either the shuttle buses that run from outside the Orange Tree pub opposite Richmond station (like whenever there is a rugby match - but don't know if they do the same for gigs there) or at poor overloaded and overcrowded Twickenham station ...

Date: February 2, 2018 17:41

EJM
A West London meet then - is there a good place for DPs band ? Perhaps the Bull s head in Barnes for old times sake !

Yeah, my back garden - plenty of room, and it might liven the bloody neighbours up a bit too !!!

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 2, 2018 17:43

hockenheim95
ycagwywpmd
hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95

I just booked 3 double rooms from friday to sunday at the Travelodge Twickenham for 128 Pounds each.

I am so pleased to hear that, I won't have to have a sleepless night worrying about you now!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 2, 2018 17:54

We're gonna bring a case of wine too, paulywaul!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 2, 2018 18:50

Pre booked the hotel for the saturday.

Fingers crossed it happens.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:06

Is it easy after the show to Uber or Taxi to Heathrow if we stay there?

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:07

Count me in for this one - waiting for the dates !

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:09

What do you people do if there's a cancer diagnosis or a palm fall until June? Who many rumours lead to actual concerts in the rumoured town at that very date within the last 20 years?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:13

Monsoon Ragoon
What do you people do if there's a cancer diagnosis or a palm fall until June? Who many rumours lead to actual concerts in the rumoured town at that very date within the last 20 years?

Why say something like that?
You know what Monsoon,
I am going to try for 2 tickets when they go on sale,
and I might be coming solo.
You should buy my other one!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:24

ycagwywpmd
hockenheim95
slewan
hockenheim95

Good memory ycagwywpmd!

I also recall getting the train to Waterloo station only to hear that all tube trains had closed for the night, and seeing the nightmare long taxi queue - what a quagmire!
I was with a few other friends and we decided to make the trek back to our hotel up near Russell Square and the British Museum on foot. Luckily it was only about a 40 minute walk through dark and empty London,
but after a long day, suffering through opening band Starsalor, and experiencing a great Stones show from the 10th row, it seemed like it was quite a bit further.

So many memories, but one clear memory I have of that show was seeing a young Matt Lee marching/dancing down the aisle back to his seat during Sympathy.smiling smiley

Glad to read these tour rumours are picking up pace, and hoping it happens for all who want to attend!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 2, 2018 19:24

35love
Monsoon Ragoon

Why say something like that?
You know what Monsoon,
I am going to try for 2 tickets when they go on sale,
and I might be coming solo.
You should buy my other one!

I'm very sceptical about rumours like this. Maybe only half of them really lead into concerts. And even if the shows are announced it means nothing. How many confirmed Rolling Stones shows were cancelled or rescheduled within the last 20 years? I think 60 at least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 19:25 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home