Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: January 28, 2018 01:42

potus43
MSG please!!!!

*yawns, rolls eyes*

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 28, 2018 01:42

potus43
MSG please!!!!

to repeat it once again: MSG is neither in the UK nor in Europe

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: January 28, 2018 01:43

potus43
MSG please!!!!

This is not the first time you cluttered up this post with MSG chanting...on the UK/Europe tour thread. Since 2012, I saw the Stones 7 times in the states. They are always here....AND...they wouldn't play a cramped house like MSG. They took their 50th reunion to Brooklyn and Newark for a good reason.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 28, 2018 01:49

Wrong. They will play several times there. Viva MSG!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: January 28, 2018 02:11

I know The Stones like to play venues that they've never played before. Metlife Stadium ( replaced Giants stadium ) outside on NYC falls into that category.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 28, 2018 02:32

potus43
MSG please!!!!

Lot of restaurants getting away from that as it's really bad for your body..
But, by all means.. load up!!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 28, 2018 09:14

custom55
I know The Stones like to play venues that they've never played before. Metlife Stadium ( replaced Giants stadium ) outside on NYC falls into that category.

I'm not sure. They played 11 x just some 100 metres away. Plus 3 x in the same suburb East Rutherford in the Meadowlands Arena. Maybe they prefer arena shows nowadays in the US (where you get tickets sold at $450). Anyway, they won't play US gigs this year. Maybe next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 09:16 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 28, 2018 09:35

Monsoon Ragoon
custom55

I'm not sure. They played 11 x just some 100 metres away. Plus 3 x in the same suburb East Rutherford in the Meadowlands Arena. Maybe they prefer arena shows nowadays in the US (where you get tickets sold at $450). Anyway, they won't play US gigs this year. Maybe next.

Prior to last years one off in *Vegas (where standard tickets were up to $800 for the entire floor and lower loge), and the Desert Trip shows, the Zip Code tour in 2015 was all stadiums. Can't recall exact prices for that other than they were more expensive than any other band in the universe for a stadium show. As for the *Vegas show (s), they had trouble selling out because of the outrageous prices, even lowering them after a certain point. And after the first show was cancelled, tickets were still available at the box office for the one and only arena show. If they do ever come back - and chances for that are slim, the prices might be more "reasonable" as they were during the 50 and Counting arena tour...averaging around a whopping $450, but probably closer to $600.

Date: January 28, 2018 10:11

Hairball
Monsoon Ragoon
custom55

Prior to last years one off in *Vegas (where standard tickets were up to $800 for the entire floor and lower loge), and the Desert Trip shows, the Zip Code tour in 2015 was all stadiums. Can't recall exact prices for that other than they were more expensive than any other band in the universe for a stadium show. As for the *Vegas show (s), they had trouble selling out because of the outrageous prices, even lowering them after a certain point. And after the first show was cancelled, tickets were still available at the box office for the one and only arena show. If they do ever come back - and chances for that are slim, the prices might be more "reasonable" as they were during the 50 and Counting arena tour...averaging around a whopping $450, but probably closer to $600.

I think US might get a short tour next year. It's six to six and a half years then that they last played the major markets. Of course it could be a stadium tour. If it's an arena tour I doubt that the prices will be lower than 2012/13, maybe lower than LV 2016. Stadium tickets would be as expensive as 2015 I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 12:10 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 28, 2018 11:04

Please, this is topic about European Tour..

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 28, 2018 14:02

zgredzik

Yes you are correct and I agree with you but until there is some solid information about this years shows people will talk about shows that they want to happen.

Nate

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 28, 2018 14:56

Nate
zgredzik

Yes you are correct and I agree with you but until there is some solid information about this years shows people will talk about shows that they want to happen.

Nate

Well perhaps they either (a) shouldn't, or (b) do so in another thread dedicated to that topic ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: January 28, 2018 15:15

Should we discuss the latest news on the planned big tours of Ice- and Poland ;-)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 28, 2018 15:33

Monsoon Ragoon
Should we discuss the latest news on the planned big tours of Ice- and Poland ;-)

If you can read, try absorbing the title of the thread ! Does it mention anything about people's personal wishlists ? Not to my understanding, but then maybe I'm illiterate ?

What we should probably do is stick to the subject matter articulated by the wording in the thread title. It's just a suggestion. You don't have to take it ... and you probably won't !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: January 28, 2018 15:35

paulywaul
Monsoon Ragoon

If you can read, try absorbing the title of the thread ! Does it mention anything about people's personal wishlists ? Not to my understanding, but then maybe I'm illiterate ?

What we should probably do is stick to the subject matter articulated by the wording in the thread title. It's just a suggestion. You don't have to take it ... and you probably won't !

Stay cool. There are more difficult problems in the world...

Date: January 28, 2018 18:19

Yeah but Mad Square Garden is a MUST! Should be venue of their last show ever too

Date: January 28, 2018 18:27

potus43
Yeah but Mad Square Garden is a MUST! Should be venue of their last show ever too

Why didn't they play MSG in 2012 (apart from the short 12/12 "show")? Maybe the comparable arenas in Newark and Brooklyn are better?

Date: January 28, 2018 18:32

Maybe, But NYC is where it's at!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: January 28, 2018 19:02

potus43

A big WHY?

Date: January 28, 2018 19:04

I think O2 London will host their last show ever. If it is scheduleable...

Date: January 28, 2018 19:06

Roadster32
potus43

A big WHY?

Center of the Universe. Their "home"!

Date: January 28, 2018 19:09

potus43
Roadster32
potus43

A big WHY?

Center of the Universe. Their "home"!

Come on. They don't want to play there anymore. There are better (or cheaper) arenas available. Their latest real MSG show was 12 years and a week ago.

Date: January 28, 2018 19:18

OK, that's your view. But they really should.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 28, 2018 19:22

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: January 28, 2018 20:09

potus43
OK, that's your view. But they really should.
They prefer Brooklyn now as you are aware.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 28, 2018 22:28

paulywaul
Nate
zgredzik

Nate

Well perhaps they either (a) shouldn't, or (b) do so in another thread dedicated to that topic ?

If everyone will write there for example: "Show in India, show in UK, show in Kathmandu". There will be big mess here and we can have problem with finding real informations about tour and new tour rumours winking smiley

Date: January 29, 2018 04:21

zgredzik
paulywaul
Nate
zgredzik

Nate

If everyone will write there for example: "Show in India, show in UK, show in Kathmandu". There will be big mess here and we can have problem with finding real informations about tour and new tour rumours winking smiley

Maybe when there's actual news rather than rumours and speculation this thread should be dedicated solely to the rumoured upcoming tour.
In the meantime, is there any absolute news about the European tour? As far as I know, we don't even know for sure if it's happening yet.
The last post from bv a few days ago said:

"Nothing is signed, they just get offers and work with a tour puzzle that will end up with a contract proposal... I haven't seen any dates I can share, but usually they tour late summer."

So whats the harm in having the topic veer off a bit until there's absolute news?

Date: January 29, 2018 05:48

Hairball
zgredzik
paulywaul
Nate
zgredzik

Nate

Maybe when there's actual news rather than rumours and speculation this thread should be dedicated solely to the rumoured upcoming tour.
In the meantime, is there any absolute news about the European tour? As far as I know, we don't even know for sure if it's happening yet.
The last post from bv a few days ago said:

"Nothing is signed, they just get offers and work with a tour puzzle that will end up with a contract proposal... I haven't seen any dates I can share, but usually they tour late summer."

So whats the harm in having the topic veer off a bit until there's absolute news?

This helps to explain what's the harm about posting fake news and bizarre wishlists, like the MSG one:

mickschix
Any rumors of substance regarding a USA TOUR for the fall of 2018? BV, do you think this is being considered? I need to renew my passport and consider LONDON if no tour of America!

[iorr.org]

Date: January 29, 2018 06:23

Not sure I follow you Cristiano as it seems mickschix was asking a valid question which was doesn't seem to be based on "fake news and bizarre wishlists".

As for the constant cry for a show at MSG by a certain someone, annoying perhaps, but harmful?

Date: January 29, 2018 06:35

Hairball
Not sure I follow you Cristiano as it seems mickschix was asking a valid question which was doesn't seem to be based on "fake news and bizarre wishlists".

As for the constant cry for a show at MSG by a certain someone, annoying perhaps, but harmful?

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me, mickschix post seemed to be based on the previous posts about MSG and a USA tour, which was only considered on wishlists and trolling about MSG.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home