Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 29, 2018 16:54

Where will they ,probably, give a gig in Scotland this summer??
Jeroen

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 29, 2018 16:56

corriecas
Jeroen

In Glasgow or in Edinburgh I'd guess...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 29, 2018 19:00

Gazza!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 30, 2018 12:28

Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Jeroen

I know, but where in Glasgow or edinburough????
jeroen

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 30, 2018 13:16

corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Jeroen

jeroen

You've asked this before...
[iorr.org]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 30, 2018 13:19

If it’s Edinburgh I will fly up there,if it’s Glasgow I will be arriving in a tank.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 30, 2018 15:03

erikjjf
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Jeroen

jeroen

You've asked this before...
[iorr.org]

...but that was in 2017!!
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: January 30, 2018 17:50

announce the tour please

u2 have announced there full SOE tour dates for 2018

Rumours of a dublin Rolling Stones show have quited down a lot

Date: January 30, 2018 17:56

Healy52003
announce the tour please

Rumours of a dublin Rolling Stones show have quited down a lot

They're in their 50s..

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 30, 2018 18:57

Healy52003
announce the tour please

U2 is notorious for taking their fans' ticket money and holding it for 9-12 months before show day. No thanks. I love the fact that the Stones have never done that.

All in good time.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 30, 2018 19:28

Kurt
Healy52003
announce the tour please

U2 is notorious for taking their fans' ticket money and holding it for 9-12 months before show day. No thanks. I love the fact that the Stones have never done that.

All in good time.

The Stones can't do something like this. They cancelled/rescheduled dozens of shows especially in 1998 and 2006. Nobody would buy tickets 10 months before showtime.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 30, 2018 20:12

Nate
If it’s Edinburgh I will fly up there,if it’s Glasgow I will be arriving in a tank.

Why?

I saw AC/DC in Glasgow in 2015. Rowdy looking crowd, but as a yank, I can say we were treated with total respect.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 30, 2018 20:30

No Stones at the Cool Britannia Festival in Knebworth: [www.coolbritanniafest.com]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 30, 2018 20:32

RoughJusticeOnYa
Lien
COOL BRITANNIA NEWS
The line up will be announced on Wednesday 31st January when the website will be live- [www.coolbritanniafest.com]- and tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday 2nd February.

Don't miss out on your chance to be tat Knebworth!

#coolbritannia2018

Hmmmmm... interesting.

(I know the 'rumour' of the Stones playing Knebworth again has been beheaded quite some time ago; but at moments like these, one cannot help but wondering...)

We'll know more next week on Wednesday!

You can forget about Knebworth.
[www.coolbritanniafest.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 30, 2018 20:38

spunky
No Stones at the Cool Britannia Festival in Knebworth: [www.coolbritanniafest.com]

Thank HEAVENS for that !!! The mere term 'Cool Brittania' reminds me of that toxic d**head Tony Blair inviting 'o so cool' musicians of the day to No #10 Downing St in order to sip champagne and bullshit and generally make themselves look completely stupid !!!

Fortunately, the Rolling Stones weren't invited, and even if they had been, one can reasonably presume they had the good sense to say .... F**K OFF !!! grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 30, 2018 21:24

spunky

How much are they paying fans to attend this festival.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 30, 2018 21:26

Prices for children and adults: [www.coolbritanniafest.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-30 21:32 by spunky.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 31, 2018 00:38

Nate

Why? How well do you know the latter? I'm up there this weekend and will visit both. Both are good in different ways though I would personally strongly prefer an Edinburgh show as Murrayfield is an excellent stadium.

Date: January 31, 2018 11:27

grzegorz67
Nate

Why? How well do you know the latter? I'm up there this weekend and will visit both. Both are good in different ways though I would personally strongly prefer an Edinburgh show as Murrayfield is an excellent stadium.

How about that Glasgow smile? winking smiley

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: January 31, 2018 11:37

Deltics
RoughJusticeOnYa
Lien
COOL BRITANNIA NEWS
The line up will be announced on Wednesday 31st January when the website will be live- [www.coolbritanniafest.com]- and tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday 2nd February.

Don't miss out on your chance to be tat Knebworth!

#coolbritannia2018

Hmmmmm... interesting.

(I know the 'rumour' of the Stones playing Knebworth again has been beheaded quite some time ago; but at moments like these, one cannot help but wondering...)

We'll know more next week on Wednesday!

You can forget about Knebworth.
[www.coolbritanniafest.com]

Thank god for that I really did not fancy standing all day in a crowd of 100,000. Those days are twenty years behind me...give me a nice stadium / arena seat with no hassle.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: January 31, 2018 12:56

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 31, 2018 15:19

DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
Nate

How about that Glasgow smile? winking smiley

This one grinning smiley ?

Date: January 31, 2018 15:28

grinning smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 31, 2018 17:19

Sici

what an awful lineup.

There were some terrific UK bands who were labelled 'Britpop' during the early/mid-nineties and not one of them are on this bill.
I'm just surprised Menswear & Gay Dad aren't there to prop up the dreadful Toploader & Dodgy.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 31, 2018 19:34

Hairball
Monsoon Ragoon
custom55
I know The Stones like to play venues that they've never played before. Metlife Stadium ( replaced Giants stadium ) outside on NYC falls into that category.

I'm not sure. They played 11 x just some 100 metres away. Plus 3 x in the same suburb East Rutherford in the Meadowlands Arena. Maybe they prefer arena shows nowadays in the US (where you get tickets sold at $450). Anyway, they won't play US gigs this year. Maybe next.

Prior to last years one off in *Vegas (where standard tickets were up to $800 for the entire floor and lower loge), and the Desert Trip shows, the Zip Code tour in 2015 was all stadiums. Can't recall exact prices for that other than they were more expensive than any other band in the universe for a stadium show. As for the *Vegas show (s), they had trouble selling out because of the outrageous prices, even lowering them after a certain point. And after the first show was cancelled, tickets were still available at the box office for the one and only arena show. If they do ever come back - and chances for that are slim, the prices might be more "reasonable" as they were during the 50 and Counting arena tour...averaging around a whopping $450, but probably closer to $600.

I saw a couple of pictures of that Vegas t-mobile show and it looked like there were many rows with 5 to 10 empty sets,to be fair the audience was a bit blurry in the photos (it was the band shot from the backstage area)did you find that to be the case?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 31, 2018 20:34

lem motlow
Hairball
Monsoon Ragoon
custom55
I know The Stones like to play venues that they've never played before. Metlife Stadium ( replaced Giants stadium ) outside on NYC falls into that category.

I'm not sure. They played 11 x just some 100 metres away. Plus 3 x in the same suburb East Rutherford in the Meadowlands Arena. Maybe they prefer arena shows nowadays in the US (where you get tickets sold at $450). Anyway, they won't play US gigs this year. Maybe next.

Prior to last years one off in *Vegas (where standard tickets were up to $800 for the entire floor and lower loge), and the Desert Trip shows, the Zip Code tour in 2015 was all stadiums. Can't recall exact prices for that other than they were more expensive than any other band in the universe for a stadium show. As for the *Vegas show (s), they had trouble selling out because of the outrageous prices, even lowering them after a certain point. And after the first show was cancelled, tickets were still available at the box office for the one and only arena show. If they do ever come back - and chances for that are slim, the prices might be more "reasonable" as they were during the 50 and Counting arena tour...averaging around a whopping $450, but probably closer to $600.

I saw a couple of pictures of that Vegas t-mobile show and it looked like there were many rows with 5 to 10 empty sets,to be fair the audience was a bit blurry in the photos (it was the band shot from the backstage area)did you find that to be the case?

Where my wife and I were seated - towards the back on the floor - there were many empty seats.
Should be noted that along with tickets being available at the box office the day of the show, sellers on Stubhub were dumping tickets by the boatload at heavily discounted prices in the days leading up to the show. Being in Vegas for my wifes birthday at the time with no intention of seeing the Stones, the temptation of buying $800 face value tickets for apprx. $250 each the day of the show on stubhub was hard to resist - so I surprised her with another last minute gift. While it was one of the least memorable shows I've ever seen due to the short setlist and Mick being sick, I can't really complain at that price (and hearing Midnight Rambler again is always fun, as was one of the blues covers). But for some of those who paid the full face value expecting a full on Stones show, can't help feeling sorry for them. For that reason the Stones maybe should have cancelled rather than shortchanging them, but of course there are those who will love everything and anything the Stones do no matter how subpar the performance was.

But back on topic as to not upset those awaiting any news on the rumoured upcoming tour...sorry, I have nothing to add.

Date: January 31, 2018 22:46

$800 for seats in the back?? That must be some kind of a record! And face value, too? That's robbery. Is it true?

It's not cheap over here, either, but you'll get cheap seats for $125..

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 31, 2018 23:01

DandelionPowderman
$800 for seats in the back?? That must be some kind of a record! And face value, too? That's robbery. Is it true?

Not true.
Lower bowl seats were $750 up front and $450 in the back.
Course, by the time HB finishes whining about the slightly abbreviated (FANTASTIC) show it'll be $1000 a seat and half empty..winking smiley

From their site..
OCT 22, 2016
THE ROLLING STONES

TIME
8:00PM / Doors 6:30PM
ON SALE
Buy Tickets Now
TICKET PRICES
$75.00 - $750.00
PURCHASE
PARKING

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 31, 2018 23:09

Hairball
While it was one of the least memorable shows I've ever seen due to the short setlist and Mick being sick, I can't really complain at that price

Really??
You've done nothing but..

Show was a sell out.
Very few empty seats in the fantastic new stadium (not a bad seat in it).

The sound was phenomenal.
Gritty AF guitars and the whole band stepped up to help Mick.

I got a Lucky Dip seat, so I will legitimately claim I can't complain and do it one better... I won't cool smiley

Date: January 31, 2018 23:18

MisterDDDD
DandelionPowderman

Not true.
Lower bowl seats were $750 up front and $450 in the back.
Course, by the time HB finishes whining about the slightly abbreviated (FANTASTIC) show it'll be $1000 a seat and half empty..winking smiley

From their site..
OCT 22, 2016
THE ROLLING STONES

TIME
8:00PM / Doors 6:30PM
ON SALE
Buy Tickets Now
TICKET PRICES
$75.00 - $750.00
PURCHASE
PARKING

smoking smiley