Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 24, 2018 18:39

We would have noticed if The Rolling Stones had entered Paris.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 24, 2018 18:57

Monsoon Ragoon

Not necessarily as the band at times can be very discreet... cool smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 24, 2018 19:10

They are in the booking phase now, which means nothing is signed, they just get offers and work with a tour puzzle that will end up with a contract proposal. Unless there is an extremely high profile festival they want to sign early (like Desert Trip or Hyde Park), they don't want to, and don't need to sign until two months or so before tour start.

You just need to keep the summer open, simple as that. I haven't seen any dates I can share, but usually they tour late summer. Being a Stones fan is hard. I haven't booked anything ahead since 2012, if you really need to be where the Stones are then just make short notice holidays and tell your family this summer is reserved for the gretaset rock'n'roll band in the world, open invitation happenig some time this summer, probably July/August, but if they have private appointments that time frame it might move into earlier/later.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: January 24, 2018 19:21

Not saying that I do or don't believe in India show plans, but I would most definitely support a tour of the 'commonwealth' like UK, India, South Africa, Australia and Canada..

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 24, 2018 19:21

Earlier or later than July/August would be perfect.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 24, 2018 19:28

The unfortunate part is that so many other bands and festivals have started announcing summer dates, it's tough to just sit on your hands waiting for the Stones.. But so be it, appreciate the update/ color bv.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 24, 2018 19:29

BowieStone
Earlier or later than July/August would be perfect.

July/August is the best bet for good weather in the U.K

Nate

Date: January 24, 2018 19:31

Gaetzi
The unfortunate part is that so many other bands and festivals have started announcing summer dates, it's tough to just sit on your hands waiting for the Stones.. But so be it, appreciate the update/ color bv.

Why spend your money on a date with an average looking girl when you know a supermodel is coming round the corner.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 24, 2018 19:48

the later the better – at least for those of us who are tied to university duties

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 24, 2018 19:49

MisterDDDD
Monsoon Ragoon

Not necessarily as the band at times can be very discreet... cool smiley

I think she's way too old for Mick. And richer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-24 19:57 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: January 25, 2018 00:51

Paris Hilton looks like..

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: January 25, 2018 06:07

bv
They are in the booking phase now, which means nothing is signed, they just get offers and work with a tour puzzle that will end up with a contract proposal. Unless there is an extremely high profile festival they want to sign early (like Desert Trip or Hyde Park), they don't want to, and don't need to sign until two months or so before tour start.

You just need to keep the summer open, simple as that. I haven't seen any dates I can share, but usually they tour late summer. Being a Stones fan is hard. I haven't booked anything ahead since 2012, if you really need to be where the Stones are then just make short notice holidays and tell your family this summer is reserved for the gretaset rock'n'roll band in the world, open invitation happenig some time this summer, probably July/August, but if they have private appointments that time frame it might move into earlier/later.
kool. so that's a yes then dude, thanx , even an old git like me just might get it together to have one last roll of the die....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 25, 2018 13:27

July and august is good.i have taken this time off work already.so did i for 2 weeks in september and the month of june.
So..are you ready??
Yeah im ready for another Stones Tour!!!
Lets rock n roll.
Jeroen

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 25, 2018 13:43

COOL BRITANNIA NEWS
The line up will be announced on Wednesday 31st January when the website will be live- [www.coolbritanniafest.com]- and tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday 2nd February.

Don't miss out on your chance to be tat Knebworth!

#coolbritannia2018

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 25, 2018 16:31

Lien
COOL BRITANNIA NEWS
The line up will be announced on Wednesday 31st January when the website will be live- [www.coolbritanniafest.com]- and tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday 2nd February.

#coolbritannia2018

Hmmmmm... interesting.

(I know the 'rumour' of the Stones playing Knebworth again has been beheaded quite some time ago; but at moments like these, one cannot help but wondering...)

We'll know more next week on Wednesday!

Posted by: markrs ()
Date: January 25, 2018 17:26

Really doubt they would play a festival called Cool Britannia, the phrase refers to 90s Britpop etc and isn't a term any top-tier bands would want to be associated with anymore.

Could be wrong but think it's much more likely to be a 90s nostalgia festival featuring some indie rock and dance bands, reunions, supergroups and soloists etc.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: January 26, 2018 00:11

Yeah, it is almost as cheesy as British Summer Time, uhm... Live at Hyde Park winking smiley

marksinclair
Really doubt they would play a festival called Cool Britannia, the phrase refers to 90s Britpop etc and isn't a term any top-tier bands would want to be associated with anymore.

Could be wrong but think it's much more likely to be a 90s nostalgia festival featuring some indie rock and dance bands, reunions, supergroups and soloists etc.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: January 26, 2018 17:48

Agreed, but if someone is building a stage at Knebworth for the Cool Brittannia gig might it also be used for other gigs on preceding weekends. After all that is what happens with BST in Hyde Park each summer...

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: January 26, 2018 23:31

Think if they play pink pop they aren’t going to be put off by Cool Britannia don’t think names matter it’s more to do with viability and demand

Date: January 26, 2018 23:43

If it's a reunion of Oasis,Blur etc then I will find something more exciting to do that weekend like ironing my socks,if it's the Stones then I will be there.

Nate

Date: January 27, 2018 00:29

Nate I’ve booked the hotel so I’ll drop my socks in on the way

Date: January 27, 2018 00:37

Al65
Nate I’ve booked the hotel so I’ll drop my socks in on the way

Make sure you arrive before 6am and before they've given the room away spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-27 00:40 by Nate.

Date: January 27, 2018 00:42

I’ll be ok I’ll just have a quick drink with paul it’s not Rio

See you in 2018 Ronnie Says
Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: January 25, 2018 08:14

Maybe posted before.....

[twitter.com]

A hint from Ronnie ?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 27, 2018 12:33

RoughJusticeOnYa
Lien
COOL BRITANNIA NEWS

#coolbritannia2018

Hmmmmm... interesting.

(I know the 'rumour' of the Stones playing Knebworth again has been beheaded quite some time ago; but at moments like these, one cannot help but wondering...)

If the Stones play one worth then it will be called Rolling Stones, i don't think they will or need to play such a big venue under another name

Date: January 27, 2018 12:34

pgarof
RoughJusticeOnYa
Lien
COOL BRITANNIA NEWS

#coolbritannia2018

Hmmmmm... interesting.

If the Stones play one worth then it will be called Rolling Stones, i don't think they will or need to play such a big venue under another name

Date: January 27, 2018 12:36

pgarof
pgarof
RoughJusticeOnYa
Lien
COOL BRITANNIA NEWS

#coolbritannia2018

Hmmmmm... interesting.

One worth should read One worth, sorry , predictive text

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: January 27, 2018 12:45

bv
I haven't seen any dates I can share, but usually they tour late summer.

If the Stones actually will play the Cool Brittannia gig, the contract would have been signed by now. And if that is the case, wouldn't BV put it as a 'rumoured date' on the news site by now? And he recently posted that there were no dates to share (which I translate as 'no strong rumours').

I don't know, but it seems very unlikely to me.Small possibility is that he is not allowed to spread the rumour though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-27 12:46 by jackflash27.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: January 27, 2018 18:17

My friends and family in England are going to get so lucky this year! After not going there from San Francisco for 12 years I was taking Eurostar back and forth to London in between the Paris shows and this summer should be at least a couple of weeks smiling smiley

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 28, 2018 00:18

MSG please!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home