Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 6, 2018 21:46

Air fares fluctuate all the time,what's on sale today to fly in June can be a significantly different price tomorrow.
You should use Google flights and if used properly this will even give you the right time to buy.

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 6, 2018 21:53

Nate
Air fares fluctuate all the time,what's on sale today to fly in June can be a significantly different price tomorrow.
You should use Google flights and if used properly this will even give you the right time to buy.

Nate
Google flights is a great tool, but a lot of the discount airlines won't show up there... Wow Air (which I discovered from a tip here) has fantastic rates from several cities around US..

Posted by: kwoznica ()
Date: February 6, 2018 21:58

Guys there are two good sites where you can find great flight deals:
[www.fly4free.com]
[www.secretflying.com]

Sometimes there are also great prices for last minute flights

When it comes to Wow Air, don't forget about Norwegian (norwegian.com) which is another lowcost airline with good rates for flights from US to Europe

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 6, 2018 22:03

MisterDDDD
Nate

Nate
Google flights is a great tool, but a lot of the discount airlines won't show up there... Wow Air (which I discovered from a tip here) has fantastic rates from several cities around US..

thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 6, 2018 22:25

Regarding Dublin and how long the application process is supposed to take, here's another quote from boards.ie:

I saw the notice in the newspaper last Friday and it was very clear that it would be for Thurs 17th May if it gets the go ahead, 3 weeks has been given from when the council receives it for people to review and send in submissions. I would think it will be highly sensitive until or if it passes through the process given past experience. The only definitive do far is its not Garth brooks per the GAA official last week. I am sure Peter Aiken is not going to be drawn into any detail on it for now.

If the consultation process alone takes 3 weeks we'll be lucky to know the Dublin City Council's decision by the end of February.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 22:28 by Topi.

Date: February 6, 2018 22:38

Healy52003
plan on doing this for a UK show if dates suite me and theres no irish show this summer

Fly over early in the morning, go out to the stadium area for food/drinks etc and then after the show go back to the airport and get the early flight back to Dublin

Anyone ever do something like this ??

I will save money without getting a hotel room
Yes madrid 2007.

Pro Tip; try to sleep against the check in counter. They will wake you up, you will not miss your flight and are first in line

Date: February 6, 2018 22:40

Here's an RTÉ radio interview with Peter McKenna, the stadium director at Croke Park:

[cdn.rasset.ie]

Essentially saying the same things. 3 weeks' consultation/review time for the license application. Can't say who the act is - but it's not Garth Brooks...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 22:41 by Topi.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 6, 2018 22:48

Sandy Beach
The show in Croke Park is a fact.

Can you provide us with the facts?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 6, 2018 23:52

Sandy Beach
The show in Croke Park is a fact.

We all know. But it just might not be the Stones that play but someone else. Duh.

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: February 6, 2018 23:57

The Rolling Stones At the Croke Park, OPENING NIGHT.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 7, 2018 00:37

Sandy Beach

If true, the timing would be about right.. with the rumored Twick dates landing right in the middle(ish) of the tour. Would be perfect.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 7, 2018 00:45

Sandy Beach has already provided some infos on previous tours that in the end were proven true, so I don't see any reason to doubt about it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 7, 2018 01:30

Sandy Beach

I've no doubt as to your sources and I believe what youre saying that the plan is for it to be the opening show but I wouldnt just assume the licence application for that venue will be a formality. Far from it.

For the Stones and Aiken Promotions sake, I'd like to think they have something like the Aviva Stadium as a Plan B in case it doesnt work out. I doubt they'll have anywhere near the same hassle getting a licence for there.

Date: February 7, 2018 01:38

PaintMonkeyManBlack
So what do we know?

There will be a UK tour with some mainland shows.

For the UK it is assumed they will play England, Ireland, Scotland and maybe Wales and North. Ireland.

Only Twickenham and Ireland (Croke Park?) are rumoured.

For mainland there were rumours about:

- Poland
- Germany in the north (was it Berlin?)
- Germany in the south (Stuttgart)
- Iceland festival (seems unlikely)
- Belgium (Werchter still has a headliner to anounce and werchter classic the same. They almost never skip Werchter, but they did in 2017)

Am I missing anything?

If they're playing Croke Park, theres not a chance in hell there'll be another gig anywhere else in Ireland. Its the third largest stadium in Europe, after the Camp Nou and Wembley.

Its a bit disconcerting that there are no rumours of any UK dates other than London. They've overlooked the rest of the country really badly since 2006 (in fact, I'd argue that its been since 1990) and the vast size of the venues that have been mooted has me pretty convinced more than I was all along that this talk of 8-10 shows in the UK is totally impractical.

Unless they're planning to play arena dates in a few other cities, which is pretty unlikely it would seem.

Date: February 7, 2018 01:52

timbernardis
Healy52003
plan on doing this for a UK show if dates suite me and theres no irish show this summer

Fly over early in the morning, go out to the stadium area for food/drinks etc and then after the show go back to the airport and get the early flight back to Dublin

Anyone ever do something like this ??

I will save money without getting a hotel room

I think Gazza may have done this b4, flying from London to Belfast after the O2 shows in 2012.

plexi

Sort of. I'd booked a hotel at a decent price near the 02 for the night of the first show when I got a bit of inside info re : the concert dates, then decided not to go once I saw the price of the tickets. Didnt cancel my room as I was willing to let someone else avail of it if they wanted. And then 3 days before the show, I decided to go after all when it was announced that Taylor and Wyman were playing so booked a flight and bought tickets below face value on e-bay. I'd no leave left from work so I had to go in the day after the gig but they allowed me to come in a couple of hours late. Intended to go straight to bed after the show but - you know how things are - ended up going out for drinks, got back to the hotel about 3, up and out around 5, got the first Tube all the way across London soon after to get a flight at Gatwick around 9.30. Into Belfast airport about 75 minutes later, got the airport bus and was in work for about 11.30.

I've a friend who goes to gigs in London regularly, but finds it hard to get weekdays off work, so he goes to the airport after the gig, sleeps for a couple of hours and gets the first flight out and is in work for about 9.15-9.30.

I wouldnt recommend it myself. I like my bed!

Considering the likely price of Stones tickets, saving £50-60 on a hotel room (if you're sharing) is pretty small beer.

Date: February 7, 2018 01:55

slewan
Healy52003
Lien
Meanwhile, the concert boss was keeping tight-lipped on whether he is applying for permission to hold a fourth gig at Croke Park this summer.

But he did quash rumours he has booked the Rolling Stones for the slot, saying: “I don’t know where that came from.”

[www.dublinlive.ie]

Pissed off now really pissed off

come on, folks, who really wants an open-air show in Ireland in May?

Seen plenty of outdoor Springsteen shows in Dublin in May (1993, 1999, 2003, 2008, 2016). Its never been a problem. In fact the 2016 one was scorching hot.

The only one I remember that had horrible weather was in 2009. On the 11th July.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 7, 2018 02:31

Gazza
PaintMonkeyManBlack
So what do we know?

For the UK it is assumed they will play England, Ireland, Scotland and maybe Wales and North. Ireland.

- Poland
- Belgium (Werchter still has a headliner to anounce and werchter classic the same. They almost never skip Werchter, but they did in 2017)

Am I missing anything?

If they're playing Croke Park, theres not a chance in hell there'll be another gig anywhere else in Ireland. Its the third largest stadium in Europe, after the Camp Nou and Wembley.

Its a bit disconcerting that there are no rumours of any UK dates other than London. They've overlooked the rest of the country really badly since 2006 (in fact, I'd argue that its been since 1990) and the vast size of the venues that have been mooted has me pretty convinced more than I was all along that this talk of 8-10 shows in the UK is totally impractical.

Unless they're planning to play arena dates in a few other cities, which is pretty unlikely it would seem.

So. for what i gather ,after 3 more weeks, we will know more about Croke Park being The Gig for the Stones??
jeroen

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 7, 2018 02:40

Nate

Nate

To me, the cheap flights take 3x as long from USA west coast to Europe/ UK.
No way can I do 12 hour layovers on a 14 hour flight, or more additional stops.
Noooo wayyyyy.

Date: February 7, 2018 03:05

corriecas
Gazza
PaintMonkeyManBlack
So what do we know?

- Poland

Am I missing anything?

So. for what i gather ,after 3 more weeks, we will know more about Croke Park being The Gig for the Stones??
jeroen

No. You'll know more about whether or not Croke Park is allowed to stage a concert on May 17th. They may or may not confirm who the act is at that time.

Stones tours (like most major acts) tend to get announced where a series of dates get confirmed at the same time as opposed to several individual shows getting confirmed separately. Not all licence applications get approved at the same time so its more likely they'll wait until 10,12,13 or whatever it may be) shows are finalised before announcing a string of concerts. They're working with several different promoters in several different countries with different laws so a European tour (especially one which has outdoor events) is more logistically difficult to tie up than those in other markets.

Date: February 7, 2018 11:13

Gazza
corriecas
Gazza
PaintMonkeyManBlack
So what do we know?

- Poland

Am I missing anything?

jeroen

No. You'll know more about whether or not Croke Park is allowed to stage a concert on May 17th. They may or may not confirm who the act is at that time.

Stones tours (like most major acts) tend to get announced where a series of dates get confirmed at the same time as opposed to several individual shows getting confirmed separately. Not all licence applications get approved at the same time so its more likely they'll wait until 10,12,13 or whatever it may be) shows are finalised before announcing a string of concerts. They're working with several different promoters in several different countries with different laws so a European tour (especially one which has outdoor events) is more logistically difficult to tie up than those in other markets.

Right, Thanks Gazza.
Jeroen

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 7, 2018 12:38

Sandy Beach

...I'm a bit lost, again -
what does that mean, "OPENIG NIGHT"?
I thought Croke Park was a location - not a (multiple days) festival, or something in that respect...?

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: February 7, 2018 12:39

first concert !!

Date: February 7, 2018 12:41

RoughJusticeOnYa
Sandy Beach

I thought Croke Park was a location - not a (multiple days) festival, or something in that respect...?

First concert of the Stones UK/European 2018 concert.
Jeroen

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 7, 2018 12:54

RoughJusticeOnYa
Sandy Beach

Here's Croke Park

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 7, 2018 13:05

corriecas
RoughJusticeOnYa
Sandy Beach

First concert of the Stones UK/European 2018 concert.
Jeroen

...Right. Thx...
(come to think of it: I could've figured that one out myself. smoking smiley )

Date: February 7, 2018 16:17

Maybe the Twickenham dates are correct, as Bjornulf has not said anything about it so far...
Jeroen

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 7, 2018 16:35

maybe this, maybe that… seems that we are back to pure speculationsad smiley

Date: February 7, 2018 16:43

What's interesting is the media still hasn't picked up on the Twickenham rumor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-07 16:45 by Topi.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: February 7, 2018 18:08

Just had a Facebook memory pop up that the first of the three Buenos Aires shows were two years ago today. Bring on the 2018 UK dates, I'm in!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 7, 2018 18:26

Gaetzi
Just had a Facebook memory pop up that the first of the three Buenos Aires shows were two years ago today. Bring on the 2018 UK dates, I'm in!

Yes, and they were great! smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home