Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 1, 2018 16:18

BowieStone
Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

Great find. Thanks!

If you read the whole tweet you will notice that the list shown is FAKE !!

Date: February 1, 2018 16:34

carouslambra
BowieStone
Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

Great find. Thanks!

If you read the whole tweet you will notice that the list shown is FAKE !!

Why? Because of the name of the tweeter, and the topics he/she is covering (Twickerman - naked ladies etc.)?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 1, 2018 16:37

Gazza
Healy52003
dont think the stones will play a show on a thursday and that early in May??

17th May

Why not? They cant play every show at the weekend.

Granted, an 82,000 seat stadium is a hard sell at the best of times and more so on a week night but as they only play two shows a week these days one of them has to be mid-week.

Its an awful venue for a show though unless youre on the pitch. If youre high up in those stands you'll probably hear the show three times.

Isn't it relatively cold in Ireland in mid May? On the other hand I know they played some very "cold Open Airs" in 2006. But now they're 11 years older. I also cannot imagine they play a very big stadium in a small country weekdays.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 1, 2018 16:39

They did play very cold open air places on No Filter Tour

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 1, 2018 16:44

Adams
They did play very cold open air places on No Filter Tour[/quote

You mean things like Zurich. Yeah that wasn't very warm, but it wasn't to be expected. In 2003 the Zurich show was even later in the year, but it was far over 20 C degrees.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 1, 2018 16:50

This is not fake

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:06

Adams
They did play very cold open air places on No Filter Tour

right, it was f**king cold (and rainy) in Hamburg as well as in Munich – they should learn from this expericence

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:12

Lien
This is not fake

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

"Decision due: 21-03-2018"...
Let's ask Officer Mrs Fiona Jones if she can speed things up a little. smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:21

Lien
This is not fake

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:22

"One additional concert", the application states. City bylaws allow 3 concerts a year and the venue is applying for another one. We know for a fact that Eminem is performing two shows in July. The math adds up: 2 Eminem concerts + 2 Stones concerts = 4 total.

Now we're talking!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-01 17:22 by Topi.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:24

Monsoon Ragoon
Gazza
Healy52003

17th May

Granted, an 82,000 seat stadium is a hard sell at the best of times and more so on a week night but as they only play two shows a week these days one of them has to be mid-week.

Its an awful venue for a show though unless youre on the pitch. If youre high up in those stands you'll probably hear the show three times.

Isn't it relatively cold in Ireland in mid May? On the other hand I know they played some very "cold Open Airs" in 2006. But now they're 11 years older. I also cannot imagine they play a very big stadium in a small country weekdays.

Not really. Its not exactly cold as in 'Soldier Field late October-cold'. Might be a bit windy at worst, but could more easily be quite pleasant.

I've been to plenty of outdoor shows in Dublin in mid to late May (mostly Springsteen) and its never been a problem.

The advantage over Slane in 2007 is that its in a city with great accommodation and transport links in a stadium with lots of seats as opposed to a muddy field in a village in the countryside.

They could sell well if they dont overprice it. There are a lot of 'event junkies' in Ireland who would go to any 'major' show as an excuse for a day or night out. Whether they'd do it if they were being asked to pay £150-200 for a half decent ticket is another matter though.

Aviva Stadium is a much better place for a stadium show and less hassle for the promoters in terms of organising a concert - but no doubt both the promoters and band would be more swayed if they can hold it somewhere that can accommodate 30,000 more people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-01 17:30 by Gazza.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:24

RoughJusticeOnYa
Lien
This is not fake

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

"Decision due: 21-03-2018"...
Let's ask Officer Mrs Fiona Jones if she can speed things up a little. smoking smiley

I live in Richmond and have had to apply for planning permission several times to do various modifications to my house. Good luck in getting the planning department to move at anything other 'snail's pace'. They are the most bungling, incompetent, corrupt, and inefficient local government department you could ever possibly hope to regrettably find yourself having to do business with ... they are simply s**t !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:26

Topi
"One additional concert", the application states. City bylaws allow 3 concerts a year and the venue is applying for another one. We know for a fact that Eminem is performing two shows in July. The math adds up: 2 Eminem concerts + 2 Stones concerts = 4 total.

Now we're talking!

I'd be amazed if the Stones chose to play Twickenham again instead of Wembley, now that the opportunity is finally there to play the latter for the first time since it was rebuilt. Especially seeing as its highly likely it'll be their last chance to do so.

I dont know how many shows Wembley is allowed to stage per year but it used to be about 10-12 - either way its bound to be far more than is permitted for Twickenham. Theres no real need to apply for a special licence if they play Wembley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-01 17:28 by Gazza.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:36

Cristiano Radtke
Lien
This is not fake

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

thumbs up
cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-01 17:37 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:41

Either way it's interesting the stadium denies having applied "for any increase in capacity for our summer concerts" while they clearly seem to have done just that.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 1, 2018 17:45

Topi
Either way it's interesting the stadium denies having applied "for any increase in capacity for our summer concerts" while they clearly seem to have done just that.

thumbs up just what I thought

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 1, 2018 18:13

Knebworth tickets go on sale tomorrow! It has announce some bands and just says others to be announced. I wonder how much the tickets will be and if it will be possible to get tickets later? Ideas anyone?

My first ever Stones concert was Knebworth '76!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 1, 2018 18:20

I can't see the Stones associating themselves with that festival at Knebworth.
To say the lineup is dreadful is a huge understatement.

Nate

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 1, 2018 18:28

Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

So it’s taken 43 pages to get the first credible rumour - hooray spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-01 22:29 by Beast.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: February 1, 2018 18:47

This time frame is great for me as I have to be in Munich June 18-21 and was planning a few days in the UK either side to see family & friends...

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: February 1, 2018 19:39

They play Dublin in May, 2018.

Date: February 1, 2018 20:01

RedRedRobin
They play Dublin in May, 2018.

The 17th?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 1, 2018 20:09

Aiken Promotions applied for a license for a 4th gig in Croke Park this year. May 17th is the date being discussed.

@ RedRedRobin & DandelionPowderman where did you guys get your info?

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 1, 2018 20:27

Gazza
Monsoon Ragoon
Gazza
Healy52003

17th May

Not really. Its not exactly cold as in 'Soldier Field late October-cold'. Might be a bit windy at worst, but could more easily be quite pleasant.

I've been to plenty of outdoor shows in Dublin in mid to late May (mostly Springsteen) and its never been a problem.

The advantage over Slane in 2007 is that its in a city with great accommodation and transport links in a stadium with lots of seats as opposed to a muddy field in a village in the countryside.

They could sell well if they dont overprice it. There are a lot of 'event junkies' in Ireland who would go to any 'major' show as an excuse for a day or night out. Whether they'd do it if they were being asked to pay £150-200 for a half decent ticket is another matter though.

Aviva Stadium is a much better place for a stadium show and less hassle for the promoters in terms of organising a concert - but no doubt both the promoters and band would be more swayed if they can hold it somewhere that can accommodate 30,000 more people.

Never trust an irish or scot man concerning weather conditions (hot or cold)!
:-)

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: February 1, 2018 20:56

I hope it's not the 19/23 because I have tickets to see Pearl Jam on the 19th.....and I need to go to both London shows!!

But it seems pretty plausible. A Tuesday show followed by a Saturday show is how they do it these days.....

I think Knebworth is likely too.

So:

If we say 2 Twickenham shows, 1 Knebworth, 1 Dublin, 1 Cardiff, 1 Manchester, 1 Scotland, plus say 3 shows in Europe gives 10 shows, over 6 weeks, from Late May to mid July. Sounds pretty plausible to me...

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 1, 2018 20:58

For me it makes sense, the days in Twickenham. 4 days between the 2 shows. One is a Saturday....so it looks like End of May till end of July :-)

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: February 1, 2018 21:18

Woohoo - finally this seems like a solid bit of evidence.

So based on the tweet it seems that the rolling stones will play Twickenham on the 19th and 23rd June but....

The thing that puzzles me is if the stones embark on a late-May to early-July tour that would put the London dates in the middle?? Or if do a tour from mid-jun to late-July/early-August that would put the London dates at the start?

What are people's thoughts on this? I thought the London gigs would be at the end of the tour but June seems too early for the end of the tour...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 1, 2018 21:27

If UK shows go from May thru July, I'll have to pick a 2 week period for me to travel. Will try to figure out which shows I will have to best chance of scoring the best tickets.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 1, 2018 21:28

Maybe they would play a 3rd show in or around London at the end of the tour.

Nate

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 1, 2018 21:43

I'd really prefer indoor shows. The weather in May/June is somehow risky, isn't it?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2681
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home