Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 53
Re: Keith Richards guitar playing comments
Date: October 4, 2017 13:02

powerage78
You have your own linguistic tics dear DP... smileys with beerspinning smiley sticking its tongue out>grinning smiley<

DandelionPowderman
laertisflash
Yes, of course, Ronnie has played much better solos on the current tour (TD icluded), but this doesn't mean that his particular idea of doing something different drove to a "disaster" or to a "mess". The solo still has song's rhythm, even it's partly unconventional. I'm not telling that I liked it, I 'm just telling that the exaggerations here sometimes are monstrous...

Add that with a burning desire to promote oneself, and you get why they're saying what they're saying - again and again grinning smiley

winking smiley

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 4, 2017 13:18

powerage78
TD, Ronnie solo...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.youtube.com]

Ah yes I know :

- Just a solo
- YT video

And people are crying out for Ronnie to do all Keith's solos too confused smiley

Keith has never done a solo that bad.

Be careful powerage i get the feeling someone is gunning to get you banned. This has to stop, every time someone is critical of a band member other than Keith you can feel certain posters calling for a ban on that poster or to influence BV.

Date: October 4, 2017 13:26

stone4ever
powerage78

[www.youtube.com]

Ah yes I know :

- Just a solo
- YT video

And people are crying out for Ronnie to do all Keith's solos too confused smiley

Be careful powerage i get the feeling someone is gunning to get you banned. This has to stop, every time someone is critical of a band member other than Keith you can feel certain posters calling for a ban on that poster or to influence BV.

No one is doing that, Riffie. Saying that you believe something is poor is not a reason for getting banned here, as far as I know..

Mocking other fans, or downright showing continous hate toward them, might be, though - I don't know.

Date: October 4, 2017 13:27

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
powerage78

[www.youtube.com]

Ah yes I know :

- Just a solo
- YT video

No one is doing that, Riffie. Saying that you believe something is poor is not a reason for getting banned here, as far as I know..

Mocking other fans, or downright showing continous hate toward them, might be, though - I don't know.

Ok thanks DP i hope you are right thumbs up

Powerage78 is a valued poster and does not speak of hate imho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 13:30 by stone4ever.

Date: October 4, 2017 13:30

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
powerage78

[www.youtube.com]

Ah yes I know :

- Just a solo
- YT video

Ok thanks DP i hope you are right thumbs up

Powerage78 is a valued poster and does not speak of hate imho.

Of course he doesn't smiling smiley

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 4, 2017 15:10

So I listened to SFTD from Copenhagen and it was pleasant surprise. No out of key notes by Keith and his first solo was the best one so far this tour. From what I remember also better than most SFTD solos last year. If he keeps this up now a few shows we can start complaining about setlists again.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 4, 2017 15:44

TheBlockbuster
So I listened to SFTD from Copenhagen and it was pleasant surprise. No out of key notes by Keith and his first solo was the best one so far this tour. From what I remember also better than most SFTD solos last year. If he keeps this up now a few shows we can start complaining about setlists again.

Only six shows remain.......they may escape the setlist wrath....grinning smiley

Date: October 4, 2017 15:46

The setlists have been good.

If I should nitpick, I'd prefer UMT and Mr. D in permanently – to replace IORR and TD.

Date: October 4, 2017 15:56

DandelionPowderman

If I should nitpick, I'd prefer UMT and Mr. D in permanently – to replace IORR and TD.

I must be the only poster on iorr that doesn't like Mr D. I mean not just how they play it, i just don't rate it as anything like as good as a song like Hearbreaker as an album track. I always skipped it.

There, moaning about set lists, Keith must be back. winking smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 4, 2017 15:58

We must be due for a terrible keith show - I'm getting prepared. It's really part of the excitement of a tour

Date: October 4, 2017 16:06

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman

I must be the only poster on iorr that doesn't like Mr D. I mean not just how they play it, i just don't rate it as anything like as good as a song like Hearbreaker as an album track. I always skipped it.

There, moaning about set lists, Keith must be back. winking smiley

I never cared much for the album version of Mr. D, but it works nicely live, imo.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 4, 2017 17:09

Keith has been tweeting clips of him playing solos, there seems to be an awareness that discussions like this one are happening

Date: October 4, 2017 17:10

EJM
We must be due for a terrible keith show - I'm getting prepared. It's really part of the excitement of a tour

Lol thumbs up

Its always a roller coaster ride with keith.

Sometimes i think he does it to us on purpose winking smiley

Another thing that can happen, is just as Keith gets good, Ronnie falls off the rails or Mick gets a sore throat, they keep us on our toes.

Date: October 4, 2017 17:23

Send It To me
Keith has been tweeting clips of him playing solos, there seems to be an awareness that discussions like this one are happening

Very strange. I can't imagine it actually being Keith managing that twitter account, must be an employee. And the solo from Sympathy for The Devil posted on his account 1st October is not very good so I don't get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 17:23 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 4, 2017 17:30

DandelionPowderman

Hopefully three days in Paris results in that kind of scenario DP...>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 4, 2017 17:48

laertisflash
Yes, of course, Ronnie has played much better solos on the current tour (TD icluded), but this doesn't mean that his particular idea of doing something different drove to a "disaster" or to a "mess". The solo still has song's rhythm, even it's partly unconventional. I'm not telling that I liked it, I 'm just telling that the exaggerations here sometimes are monstrous...

I like the idea that Ronnie tried something new.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 4, 2017 17:52

I know this is trivial and probably off message but I would like to say that Keith's wardrobe has improved significantly - he's prowling about looking leaner and meaner and it dos help the whole theatrical experience

Date: October 4, 2017 17:52

Redhotcarpet
laertisflash

I like the idea that Ronnie tried something new.

I don't see what's so bad about that solo. Yes it's a off-time and hysteric but still very cool. I love how Ronnie sometimes just gives it his all when he plays instead of worrying about his technique. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 18:18 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 4, 2017 18:06

This solo is terrible. Awful

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 4, 2017 18:24

deleted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 17:58 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: October 4, 2017 18:27

I love Ronnie, he is playing great but WTH (heck) was that? confused smiley

Date: October 4, 2017 18:35

Rocky Dijon
stone4ever

In case there's some confusion about what I said a few days ago, I said it was reasonable (but unlikely) that if Keith were seriously struggling with arthritis, he could stick to opening riffs and then play rhythm and let Ronnie handle the solos. I stressed it wouldn't likely happen, but it's a workable premise and one that would quiet down the endless "Keith has lost it, they need to fire him or retire" talk that has infected Stones message boards.

It's very hard it seems to stay in the middle. I see Youtube songs and think the entire band did well and I see Youtube songs and think Keith was struggling. Mostly that seemed to be confined to the first couple shows. The solo on "Sympathy for the Devil" being weak doesn't bother me. I don't think Keith has reproduced what he played on BEGGARS BANQUET to any real degree since ROCK 'N' ROLL CIRCUS. I dislike the programmed percussion tracks even more. It's a song that simply hasn't worked that well for me for nearly 30 years now. Are there shows that prove this generalization wrong? Sure. The same is true of "Miss You." Give me a guitar-driven "Miss You" and I'm in heaven. Let Keith and Ronnie coast and Chuck carry the song and I really don't care for it much.

The thing is we should be able to voice Keith did well and Keith did poorly. The same goes for Ronnie and Mick and Charlie and Darryl and Karl. I'm critical of the keyboard players in concert. I'm hardly alone in that respect. I don't much like Tim's playing. I generally avoid extreme views. Youtube clips give a general idea, enough to say good or bad for a solo, but you need a pro-shot properly mixed clip or to actually be there in order to say the whole thing was terrible or not. I react badly to others' extreme views, but I also dislike when the attitude is we shouldn't say anything critical ever. There is always a middle ground that should be tolerated.

thumbs up

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 4, 2017 18:37

TheBlockbuster
Send It To me

Very strange. I can't imagine it actually being Keith managing that twitter account, must be an employee. And the solo from Sympathy for The Devil posted on his account 1st October is not very good so I don't get it.

They are shot by cell phones - you'd think they'd be pro shot

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 4, 2017 19:54

EJM
I know this is trivial and probably off message but I would like to say that Keith's wardrobe has improved significantly - he's prowling about looking leaner and meaner and it dos help the whole theatrical experience

Not to nitpick at Keith's fashion choices lol, but the shoes with the bright mustard yellow outer soles he wears don't look very "rock and roll" to me. I especially noticed them in a pic from yesterday where he's wearing a nice long overcoat...the yellow shoes sort of distract from his overall coolness. I'm sure there's others who think they look absolutely great and add to his on stage charm and charisma, but can't say I would agree. Functional and comfortable probably so, but visually a bit odd. Other than that minor quibble, he's been looking great! thumbs up

Date: October 4, 2017 20:24

Hairball
EJM

Not to nitpick at Keith's fashion choices lol, but the shoes with the bright mustard yellow outer soles he wears don't look very "rock and roll" to me. I especially noticed them in a pic from yesterday where he's wearing a nice long overcoat...the yellow shoes sort of distract from his overall coolness. I'm sure there's others who think they look absolutely great and add to his on stage charm and charisma, but can't say I would agree. Functional and comfortable probably so, but visually a bit odd. Other than that minor quibble, he's been looking great! thumbs up

But Keith pulls it off imho winking smiley

My mind goes back to when in the 70's keith was wearing Anita's clothes , he some how managed to make it look cool and not at all feminine on a man.

Also my mind goes back to the 89' 90' tour when Keith took to spraying his jeans and trainers ( sneakers ) with white paint from a spray can. He just put the clothing on the floor and sprayed these hideous streaks all down the legs back and fromt in thick white paint.
Then low and behold , he looked brilliant on stage, they picked up the lighting and he stuck out from the rest of the band, and he looked taller.
Only Keith can do this smoking smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 4, 2017 20:41

Hairball
EJM

Do you think we will ever see Keith on stage without his bandana?
Or is his hair loss too advanced?

Date: October 4, 2017 20:48

jlowe
Hairball
EJM

He played shows in SA and in the US 2015 tour (I think) without it.

Date: October 4, 2017 20:52

jlowe
Hairball
EJM

I must admit the bandanna does a good job of covering up his baldness, although Keith has much more hair than i do and i'm only 52. Al least he has let the grey grow through now, he gave up dying it about 9 or 10 years ago.

Sometimes we see Keith all natural with no bandanna ( not on stage ) and i think he looks fine. He does have this thing though , his hair is a bit wild, not sure Keith has ever had a professional cut lol.
I get the impression he cuts it himself. he said its unlucky to touch his head since the titanium plate was fitted. He said something like people die when they touch it confused smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 4, 2017 20:58

DandelionPowderman
jlowe
Hairball
EJM

He played shows in SA and in the US 2015 tour (I think) without it.
Perth II 2014: [youtu.be]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 4, 2017 21:02

I think its another urban myth that Keith cuts his own hair.
Yes it looks unruly but no doubt he has the xpensive cuts that only a man of wealth and taste can afford.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home