Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 53
Re: Keith Richards guitar playing comments
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 1, 2017 18:00

Rocky Dijon
Looking forward to the reviews.

what reviews?....the ones which are tempered to deflect criticism of the criticism?....yikes.....

Dean Goodman:
"Maybe folks at home have already discussed this, but "Satisfaction" seemed to go wobbly towards the end during some Keith soloing, forcing Mick to cut short a stint on the catwalk to return to the stage and monitor its progress. This is not a criticism,"

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 1, 2017 18:07

And Ronnie NAILED the solo - on every song! That´s a fact too!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 18:08

[iorr.org]

Everyone on stage seemed in good spirits. Keith's grins lit up the arena during the blues segment and "Shine a Light," while band leaders Mick and Ronnie "Rembrandt" Wood cavorted together.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 1, 2017 18:14

I feel like I have gone into some kind of twilight zone where reality is lost.
Been looking at the footage from last night and its about the same as Hamburg, Only all the band look happy .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 1, 2017 19:11

RaiseTheKnife
Yes Mick sounds really good right now, maybe not like in '03 but still very impressing, I remember his voice was very nasal and inconsistent a couple of years ago, the Tokyo 2014 shows showcases some of the worst singing I've heard from him.

What was interesting at the Desert Trip shows last year was that Mick started off singing great, but as the shows neared the mid-way point the nasally thing started becoming more noticeable and sounded really goofy. Could of been mainly weekend 2 where the dust was taking it's toll, but pretty sure it happened the first weekend as well. Had me thinking this was some sort of a voice-saving technique taught to him by his vocal coaches....like a mantra..."sing through your nose to save the throat - sing through your nose to save the throat - sing through your nose to save the throat". I'm not a singer...just speculating. Whatever the case, he blew out his throat completely and we all know what happened after that...cancelled Vegas 1 and very weak at Vegas II. But then magically he was all better three days later for the private show where they were paid millions!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-01 19:13 by Hairball.

Date: October 1, 2017 19:54

stone4ever
Can't wait for some youtube footage tomorrow, wow what a show, everyone sounds so pleased with Keith.

KEITH IS BACK smoking smiley

Was he ever gone ?? na not a chance, Keith's just building momentum, the tempo of the show is increasing, this is just going to get better, what a band.smoking smiley

smiling smiley

stone4ever
I feel like I have gone into some kind of twilight zone where reality is lost.
Been looking at the footage from last night and its about the same as Hamburg, Only all the band look happy .

sad smiley

Date: October 1, 2017 19:54

Hairball
RaiseTheKnife
Yes Mick sounds really good right now, maybe not like in '03 but still very impressing, I remember his voice was very nasal and inconsistent a couple of years ago, the Tokyo 2014 shows showcases some of the worst singing I've heard from him.

What was interesting at the Desert Trip shows last year was that Mick started off singing great, but as the shows neared the mid-way point the nasally thing started becoming more noticeable and sounded really goofy. Could of been mainly weekend 2 where the dust was taking it's toll, but pretty sure it happened the first weekend as well. Had me thinking this was some sort of a voice-saving technique taught to him by his vocal coaches....like a mantra..."sing through your nose to save the throat - sing through your nose to save the throat - sing through your nose to save the throat". I'm not a singer...just speculating. Whatever the case, he blew out his throat completely and we all know what happened after that...cancelled Vegas 1 and very weak at Vegas II. But then magically he was all better three days later for the private show where they were paid millions!

Hairball i love ya

Date: October 1, 2017 19:58

I'm just wondering now if the quality of a Stones show is measured on how much the band are interacting and smiling.

I think last night they were smiling better than they have in decades.

Date: October 1, 2017 19:58

Cheers stone4ever - keep up your spirits...you'll have a great time at the Paris show ...even if they play mediocre!
Nothing compares to being in the moment at a Stones show surrounded by thousands of fans!

As for me, that's only a small part of a Stones show as it's the music that comes first, and I can't justify paying that much for the all around experience.

stone4ever
I'm just wondering now if the quality of a Stones show is measured on how much the band are interacting and smiling.

I think last night they were smiling better than they have in decades.

smiling smiley

Keith's teeth have never looked better either!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-01 20:00 by Hairball.

Date: October 1, 2017 20:00

Hairball
Cheers stone4ever - keep up your spirits...you'll have a great time at the Paris show ...even if they play mediocre!
Nothing compares to being in the moment at a Stones show surrounded by thousands of fans!

As for me, that's only a small part of a Stones show as it's the music that comes first, and I can't justify paying that much for the all around experience.

If they smile more than they did last night i'm in for an epic show.

Date: October 1, 2017 20:02

stone4ever
Hairball

smileys with beer

Date: October 1, 2017 20:03

Bjorn
And Ronnie NAILED the solo - on every song! That´s a fact too!

Ronnie is high as a kite, i love it.

Date: October 1, 2017 20:05

Hairball
stone4ever
Hairball

smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-01 20:17 by stone4ever.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 20:06

I'm pretty sure Keith's teeth are visible from the international space station.

Street Fighting Man was pretty aggressive last night...very good version. It was ragged at the end, but it was joyfully ragged, not feeble. Keith was slashing at his guitar and really driving the riff.

And on an off topic: does Matt Clifford annoy anyone else? Seeing him "white guy" dance around behind the keyboard in that dorky haircut is just too much to bear. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he just looks like he belongs onstage with Sting or Phil Collins.

Date: October 1, 2017 20:12

keefriff99

Street Fighting Man was pretty aggressive last night...very good version. It was ragged at the end, but it was joyfully ragged, not feeble. Keith was slashing at his guitar and really driving the riff.

And on an off topic: does Matt Clifford annoy anyone else? Seeing him "white guy" dance around behind the keyboard in that dorky haircut is just too much to bear. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he just looks like he belongs onstage with Sting or Phil Collins.

All i know is keith used to go in that direction but since Matt and Sax he doesn't any more, he no longer goes towards Chuck either, it's body language.

Not so long ago Keith came over to Chuck and hit the piano Keys for HTW and shook hands with Chuck.
This is Micks band now.

Date: October 1, 2017 20:19

Oh I know Matt is very much Mick's guy. I'm sure he and Keith have nothing in common. Again...I'm sure he's a nice guy and he's doing exactly what Mick wants him to do onstage, but he just looks out of place.

Date: October 1, 2017 20:23

keefriff99
Oh I know Matt is very much Mick's guy. I'm sure he and Keith have nothing in common. Again...I'm sure he's a nice guy and he's doing exactly what Mick wants him to do onstage, but he just looks out of place.

Yes he and Chuck are very nice guys, yes they are Mick's guys, what happened to keith's guys.

Date: October 1, 2017 20:24

Again ston4ever you edited previous before I was about to reply, but message noted. thumbs up

keefriff99

Kind of like this guy from SNL...

winking smiley

Date: October 1, 2017 20:27

Again ston4ever you edited previous before I was about to reply, but message noted. thumbs up

I think we both see whats happening here, to be honest i'm done with it, hope you got my email in time.

Date: October 1, 2017 20:27

stone4ever

I think we both see whats happening here, to be honest i'm done with it, hope you got my email in time.

Yes - saved. thumbs up

Date: October 1, 2017 20:28

Hairball
stone4ever

Yes - saved. thumbs up

Cool man thumbs up

As longbeach once said to me see you on the flip side

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-01 20:30 by stone4ever.

Date: October 1, 2017 20:30

Haha, that's perfect. Yes, pretty much like that.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: October 1, 2017 21:05

Bum notes aside Keith's playing was highly enjoyable last night and a proper salute is bestowed upon Ronnie for his excellent Shine A Light solo.

Date: October 1, 2017 22:32

Socrates gone.

Date: October 1, 2017 23:03

stone4ever
Socrates gone.
This is RIDICULOUS. For what?? The Taylor Swift thread?? That was just a little harmless fun. This is getting out of hand.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 1, 2017 23:23

KeithNacho Part1: «Wasted, rusty, tired, amateurish to death.....but the overall sound of the band still lies in his unique guitar sound. It's incredible, but true. God save him,is the best».

It's not a miracle, IMO. If Keith was a simple "shadow", an "almost finished" guitarist, as many say here (usually judging from 1,5 solo and 2-3 notes), then, yes, the whole band's sound - so "full", so raw, so rocking- would be something
inexplicable. Because in this case Ronnie's job, which is absolutely marvelous on the current tour, would not able to cover everything. But Keith is still delivering, even with his ups and downs,even with his problems, even he isn't as powerful as the other band's members.

After having attended a gig of the current tour (Barcelona), so being able to judge from the real sound and not from clips, I 'm more assertive: Many people here rather judge Keith from his aspect during a concert than judge from his contribution to the whole guitar sound. Others, who knows, maybe just want to "crucify" someone... I still remember the "predictions" about Ronnie who "finishes as guitarist" because "he can't play anymore", after some gigs of the European leg of Licks Tour..

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 1, 2017 23:27

KeithNacho Part 2 : "Thank to God and to Keith and the guys. Finally I could get my children to a RS concert. Now I can rest in peace..."

Don't do that!...

Date: October 1, 2017 23:32

keefriff99
stone4ever
Socrates gone.
This is RIDICULOUS. For what?? The Taylor Swift thread?? That was just a little harmless fun. This is getting out of hand.

I just can't see what rule he broke, surely we can't learn anything from these terminations without some kind of explanation.

Posted by: z ()
Date: October 1, 2017 23:32

stone4ever
Socrates gone.

The good ones die young...

Date: October 1, 2017 23:46

stone4ever
keefriff99
stone4ever
Socrates gone.

I just can't see what rule he broke, surely we can't learn anything from these terminations without some kind of explanation.
BV posted in the Taylor Swift thread before he closed it...he seemed quite annoyed that it even existed for some reason.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home