Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 53
Re: Keith Richards guitar playing comments
Date: October 3, 2017 13:05

TheBlockbuster
DandelionPowderman
That's true, and SAL was before the injury, right? Light The Fuse and SAL feature (IMO) the poorest playing from Keith on live albums ever. I like the former live album anyhow, but something just wasn't right there.

SAL was actually after the injury, but nonetheless post-injury it felt like Keith slowly became increasingly committed to playing his best. In 2007 he was often great again, even though people slam him for that tour.

He was great in Oslo 2007. I remember fantastic versions of Monkey Man and Bitch.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: October 3, 2017 19:29

DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster
DandelionPowderman
That's true, and SAL was before the injury, right? Light The Fuse and SAL feature (IMO) the poorest playing from Keith on live albums ever. I like the former live album anyhow, but something just wasn't right there.

SAL was actually after the injury, but nonetheless post-injury it felt like Keith slowly became increasingly committed to playing his best. In 2007 he was often great again, even though people slam him for that tour.

He was great in Oslo 2007. I remember fantastic versions of Monkey Man and Bitch.

I got to see the Stones before and after Keith's fall on the Bigger Bang Tour. In 2005(NJ) he was great. I was worried a little before the 2006 (also NJ)gig but he played fine. The guy next to me leaned over to me at one point and said, "Keith is really ON tonight" I had to agree. The only thing that worried me a bit was when he appeared in close ups on the screens, he had kind of a dazed and lost look to his eyes. Still I found no fault with his playing and I have boots of the gigs to confirm it! Actually, the only blunder was in the pre-fall show. He hit a wrong chord in the Brown Sugar intro but quickly recovered.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: October 3, 2017 19:35

Is it really so difficult to have fun and enjoy the fact that Keith Richards is stil ON STAGE with THE BAND ... our Band .. The Greatest Rock 'n Roll Band in the World.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 3, 2017 19:47

Folks, my English is not very good, so could someone explain the exact meaning of the word "noodling", as for the music? Thanks.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 3, 2017 22:02

Hoping Keith has a great show tonight - he's been a bit hit and miss this tour, but he's come along way since the first show in Hamburg.
Not just with his playing, but with his all around attitude and stage presence. There's a sparkle in his eyes and some pep in his step...hope he keeps this up.
It's good to see him here, it's good to see him anywhere....go Keith go! thumbs up

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 3, 2017 22:05

No one, regardless of age, would be as good if they weren't touring much, recording much, practicing much. Stones used to record albums jamming for 12 hours in a row on session, play five shows a week. There was a band or solo record about every year until the late 90's. Keith used to explore new frontiers of the instrument by picking the brains of masters. None of this happens anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-03 22:05 by Send It To me.

Posted by: z ()
Date: October 3, 2017 22:06

laertisflash
Folks, my English is not very good, so could someone explain the exact meaning of the word "noodling", as for the music? Thanks.

noodling
n
(Music, other) slang aimless musical improvisation

the free dictionary

Date: October 4, 2017 00:25

Thanks z...

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 4, 2017 02:07

Hairball
Hoping Keith has a great show tonight - he's been a bit hit and miss this tour, but he's come along way since the first show in Hamburg.
Not just with his playing, but with his all around attitude and stage presence. There's a sparkle in his eyes and some pep in his step...hope he keeps this up.
It's good to see him here, it's good to see him anywhere....go Keith go! thumbs up

That was a good call Hairball, Keith was energized tonight and carried the show imho.
My review of band members performances.

Looks like just as Keith really up's his game, the others come down a bit from theirs..
Mick economizing with his vocals tonight ? Going through the motions, back into old habits. Finding it hard to come to terms with watching Mick just walk around. Felt like Sash covered Mick tonight when she could..
Ronnie the drugs don't work, they just make you worse.
Keith covering Mick when needed as usual, like in Vegas.
Its the story of the tortoise and the hare.
Charlie was Rock solid as usual.
I think its so nice the way the boys rally around to cover each other.
All in all a great show from the footage seen tonight, but Mick and Ronnie seemed a little tired tonight compared to other shows this tour.
GO KEITH GO !! hot smiley No complaints tonight.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 4, 2017 02:14

I also thought Keith was way better than at the 1st two shows!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 4, 2017 04:45

stone4ever
Hairball

That was a good call Hairball, Keith was energized tonight and carried the show imho.
My review of band members performances.

Looks like just as Keith really up's his game, the others come down a bit from theirs..
Mick economizing with his vocals tonight ? Going through the motions, back into old habits. Finding it hard to come to terms with watching Mick just walk around. Felt like Sash covered Mick tonight when she could..
Ronnie the drugs don't work, they just make you worse.
Keith covering Mick when needed as usual, like in Vegas.
Its the story of the tortoise and the hare.
Charlie was Rock solid as usual.
I think its so nice the way the boys rally around to cover each other.
All in all a great show from the footage seen tonight, but Mick and Ronnie seemed a little tired tonight compared to other shows this tour.
GO KEITH GO !! hot smiley No complaints tonight.

You will have a great time at the show(s) in Paris - no matter how they play!
It's hard to not get swept up in the euphoria of being at a Stones show surrounded by thousands of other fans - even if it's not one of the bands best nights!
By the time Paris comes around in a little over two weeks, they should be firing on all cylinders and giving it their all...if they still have enough energy left.
And I expect you will be giving us an honest and realistic review of the show when all is said and done. thumbs up

Date: October 4, 2017 10:38

"Looks like just as Keith really up's his game, the others come down a bit from theirs..."

Hmmm... I have not the same impression as for the others, stone4ever. BTW I really liked Ronnie's solo on "Heartbraker".

Date: October 4, 2017 10:50

Why discuss all the time if one Stone is better/worse on some night? Yes it is possible to discuss some song, but why get personal and question abilities.

The performance is overall very good.

They work together.

They sound amazing.

It is only rock and roll.

Date: October 4, 2017 10:51

laertisflash
"Looks like just as Keith really up's his game, the others come down a bit from theirs..."

Hmmm... I have not the same impression as for the others, stone4ever. BTW I really liked Ronnie's solo on "Heartbraker".

Just what was Ronnie's solo on TD confused smiley

Date: October 4, 2017 11:13

jumpingjackflash5
Why discuss all the time if one Stone is better/worse on some night? Yes it is possible to discuss some song, but why get personal and question abilities.

The performance is overall very good.

They work together.

They sound amazing.

It is only rock and roll.

Because we have had nearly 40 pages of discussion on the fact that Keith has been the worse and the rest of the band have been better, its been personal and its been questioning his abilities. But you don't like it when its positive about Keith and perhaps Mick And Ronnie were not quite as good last night.

What i think you might mean is why discuss anything negative about the band, i agree with that but don't you think that should include Keith.

Anyway Jumpingjackflash5 i agree with you, especially when a bunch of old men diliver JJF this well.

WOW KEEF

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 4, 2017 11:19

stone4ever
laertisflash

Just what was Ronnie's solo on TD confused smiley

A B-bender-fest as usual, I presume? smiling smiley

Date: October 4, 2017 11:19

We can discuss even negative things - some song went bad, somebody did not like the show, setlist was not good, solo has been wrong, or things like that. And it can include anyone on stage.

But we should not speculate too much about abilities, health, personal attitudes. Many of posts in this thread were just guessing and making doubts about the band and its members. And that I think is not good especially when it happens often.

Date: October 4, 2017 11:35

jumpingjackflash5
We can discuss even negative things - some song went bad, somebody did not like the show, setlist was not good, solo has been wrong, or things like that. And it can include anyone on stage.

But we should not speculate too much about abilities, health, personal attitudes. Many of posts in this thread were just guessing and making doubts about the band and its members. And that I think is not good especially when it happens often.

thumbs upsmileys with beer

I think some of the discussions about Keith have been blown out of all proportion, because many of us are fully aware that he takes longer to get going than the others due to arthritis etc. I just wish everyone had given him the benefit of the doubt.
I think its fair to say that Keith and the others are giving it everything they have right now, we can't ask for more than that.

Ok i didn't go much on a few of Ronnie's solo's last night and i thought Mick wasn't so energized as normal, but that's just my opinion, its probably wrong as i wasn't at the show.

Date: October 4, 2017 11:38

stone4ever
jumpingjackflash5

thumbs upsmileys with beer

I think some of the discussions about Keith have been blown out of all proportion, because many of us are fully aware that he takes longer to get going than the others due to arthritis etc. I just wish everyone had given him the benefit of the doubt.
I think its fair to say that Keith and the others are giving it everything they have right now, we can't ask for more than that.

Ok i didn't go much on a few of Ronnie's solo's last night and i thought Mick wasn't so energized as normal, but that's just my opinion, its probably wrong as i wasn't at the show.
thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 4, 2017 12:00

TD, Ronnie solo...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.youtube.com]

Ah yes I know :

- Just a solo
- YT video

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 12:04 by powerage78.

Date: October 4, 2017 12:24

Hmmm. Now I suspect that powerage 78 and a guy "frimatic 69", who writes "awful" this and "awful" that commenting some Stones youtube clips, always being first in the row of commenters and always using the same word ("awful"), is the same person. Or there are two persons suffering from the same obsession with "trolling - provoking". Funny, anyway. But the obsession seems to be veeeryyy heavy...

Date: October 4, 2017 12:24

Well, not one of the best solos ;-)

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 4, 2017 12:32

powerage78
TD, Ronnie solo...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.youtube.com]

Ah yes I know :

- Just a solo
- YT video

Yeah great. There's a solo somewhere in that mess? grinning smiley

Date: October 4, 2017 12:33

Sorry, it's not me... Buy yes, not a good solo... Your opinion ?

laertisflash
Hmmm. Now I suspect that powerage 78 and a guy "frimatic 69", who writes "awful" this and "awful" that commenting some Stones youtube clips, always being first in the row of commenters and always using the same word ("awful"), is the same person. Or there are two persons suffering from the same obsession with "trolling - provoking". Funny, anyway. But the obsession seems to be veeeryyy heavy...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 12:34 by powerage78.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 4, 2017 12:33

video: [www.youtube.com]

Fantastic solo. They never were about perfection.winking smiley

Date: October 4, 2017 12:40

Yes, of course, Ronnie has played much better solos on the current tour (TD icluded), but this doesn't mean that his particular idea of doing something different drove to a "disaster" or to a "mess". The solo still has song's rhythm, even it's partly unconventional. I'm not telling that I liked it, I 'm just telling that the exaggerations here sometimes are monstrous...

Date: October 4, 2017 12:42

I don't speak about a disaster or a mess...

Date: October 4, 2017 12:42

laertisflash
Yes, of course, Ronnie has played much better solos on the current tour (TD icluded), but this doesn't mean that his particular idea of doing something different drove to a "disaster" or to a "mess". The solo still has song's rhythm, even it's partly unconventional. I'm not telling that I liked it, I 'm just telling that the exaggerations here sometimes are monstrous...

Add that with a burning desire to promote oneself, and you get why they're saying what they're saying - again and again grinning smiley

Date: October 4, 2017 12:44

Now, for fairness, we have to find two - three seconds of Charlie's bad or simple "strange" drumming, so that fill 20 pages of a new "big issue"...

Date: October 4, 2017 12:59

You have your own linguistic tics dear DP... smileys with beerspinning smiley sticking its tongue out>grinning smiley<

DandelionPowderman
laertisflash

Add that with a burning desire to promote oneself, and you get why they're saying what they're saying - again and again grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 13:00 by powerage78.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home