Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 53
Re: Keith Richards guitar playing comments
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 30, 2017 11:06

Hairball
stone4ever
Some nice thoughtful Posts from the THEGREEKm RETIRED DOG, HAIRBALL, ROCKY &
TOMCASAGRANDA

I suppose its all speculation on our part, we will never know what Keith has or hasn't consumed prior to hitting the stage.
He is probably straight these days.

I read this lengthy post of your earlier and was planning to reply later, but now I see you've edited 90% of what you had written earlier!
Bottom line - yes it's all speculation. I'm just grateful that Keith is well enough to still grace the stage after ALL he's been through, and give or take a few major screw ups, for the most part he's playing OK at this point.

Sorry Hairball.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 17:10 by stone4ever.

Date: September 30, 2017 18:04

hopkins has been deactivated, did i miss something.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 30, 2017 19:21

This is bizarre. Obviously people are violating rules if this is happening, but it always seems like we miss what touched it off. Thing of it is, Bjornulf is on the road. He doesn't have time to coach people. He may just be in "Dirty Harry" mode and pulling the trigger if someone crosses the line. Kind of makes it exciting. Sort of like we're in the IORR version of TEN LITTLE INDIANS.

All joking aside, I hope hopkins makes whatever amends he has to and returns. We may have kept him down in the basement (as it says on the back of JAMMING WITH EDWARD), but he was passionate about the band.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 30, 2017 19:31

Yeah weird...the last few of posts I saw from Hopkins was in the 'what are listening to now' thread...one praising Shine a Light movie, one praising Brown Sugar at the Fonda, and a couple of videos from the Byrds.
Maybe someone finds the Byrds offensive and reported him lol? Or maybe I missed something again as was the case with LongBeach............confused smiley ...what the heck is going on here....

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 19:40

Rocky Dijon
This is bizarre. Obviously people are violating rules if this is happening, but it always seems like we miss what touched it off. Thing of it is, Bjornulf is on the road. He doesn't have time to coach people. He may just be in "Dirty Harry" mode and pulling the trigger if someone crosses the line. Kind of makes it exciting. Sort of like we're in the IORR version of TEN LITTLE INDIANS.

All joking aside, I hope hopkins makes whatever amends he has to and returns. We may have kept him down in the basement (as it says on the back of JAMMING WITH EDWARD), but he was passionate about the band.
Well...if that's the case, I'll just say "nice knowing you" to everyone in advance of my inevitable shitcanning by bv. smiling smiley

Date: September 30, 2017 19:45

Think positive, keefriff99. The rules here are pretty much simple polite conduct. Admittedly, tempers and humor and general insanity make that difficult to maintain, but there's no reason to think any of us should go if we try to be nice to each other.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 19:57

smoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 20:29

Rocky Dijon
Think positive, keefriff99. The rules here are pretty much simple polite conduct. Admittedly, tempers and humor and general insanity make that difficult to maintain, but there's no reason to think any of us should go if we try to be nice to each other.
I was just kidding really, but I have been quite critical of Keith so far on this tour. I'm not going to censor my thoughts, but I don't believe I've said anything that was over the line. Just an honest appraisal of a guy who I love and hate to see struggle.

Date: September 30, 2017 21:09

keefriff99
Rocky Dijon
I was just kidding really, but I have been quite critical of Keith so far on this tour. I'm not going to censor my thoughts, but I don't believe I've said anything that was over the line. Just an honest appraisal of a guy who I love and hate to see struggle.

That's exactly like i feel.

Date: September 30, 2017 23:05

stone4ever
keefriff99
Rocky Dijon

That's exactly like i feel.

Many of us are in the same boat...I guess if we don't rock it too much, we'll be able to stay afloat! thumbs up

PEACE AND LOVE TO KEITH!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 1, 2017 00:01

Wasted, rusty, tired, amateurish to death.....but the overall sound of the band still lies in his unique guitar sound. It's incredible, but true. God save him,is the best

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 1, 2017 00:22

Thank to God and to Keith and the guys. Finally I could get my children to a RS concert. Now I can rest in peace.
I have no words, Keith my guitar heroe played everything but properly, but gave us the emotions that we needed. Thanks you all

Date: October 1, 2017 02:45

Can't wait for some youtube footage tomorrow, wow what a show, everyone sounds so pleased with Keith.

KEITH IS BACK smoking smiley

Was he ever gone ?? na not a chance, Keith's just building momentum, the tempo of the show is increasing, this is just going to get better, what a band.smoking smiley

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 1, 2017 02:55

Keith still playing out of tune on SFTD. I really thought he would improve but I'm starting to lose hope. The rest of the band is still great so it's not all that bad.

Date: October 1, 2017 03:17

Keith is variable it seems. Age and health make that inconsistency seem more perilous or weighty. What looks large from a distance close up ain't never that big as Dylan said...or so it seems to most concert goers looking in the rear view mirror of their cell phones.

Date: October 1, 2017 03:22

Keith was great tonight, and he really enjoyed himself.

It was also probably the best vocals I've ever heard from Mick in concert. He was really on.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: October 1, 2017 04:14

Sounds like the boys really brought it tonight.

Sweetness.

Date: October 1, 2017 04:16

Looking forward to the reviews.

Date: October 1, 2017 04:32

The Netherlands always seems to bring out the best in everyone - as my late Dutch Grandmother Visser used to say "It ain't much if it ain't Dutch".
From her perch in heaven, she might have even applauded tonight's performance even though she had little idea of who the Stones were!
God bless the Netherlands, God bless my Grandma, God bless Keith, God Bless the Stones, and God zegene iedereen!!winking smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 1, 2017 11:56

DandelionPowderman
Keith was great tonight, and he really enjoyed himself.

It was also probably the best vocals I've ever heard from Mick in concert. He was really on.

I think this is at least his best tour in three decades. Last time he was this good (no aerobic, nasal, Peter Pan vocals) was in Toronto 1997. thumbs up I knew he had it but wouldnt use it live.

Also, I think Keith is good on SFM. The current version albeit part of the "Vegas on going thing" is better than in years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-01 11:58 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: October 1, 2017 12:09

Yes best tour in three decades for Mick and perharps Keith on Happy, SFM, Brown Sugar, JJF, IORR, SMU and GS.
Best versions ever I think.
He was on fire in Amsterdam. Awesome show far better than the previous one Barcelona.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 1, 2017 12:09

Yes Mick sounds really good right now, maybe not like in '03 but still very impressing, I remember his voice was very nasal and inconsistent a couple of years ago, the Tokyo 2014 shows showcases some of the worst singing I've heard from him.

Date: October 1, 2017 12:35

I have never read this kind of things about Mick singing in any review !

Date: October 1, 2017 12:47

powerage78
Yes best tour in three decades for Mick and perharps Keith on Happy, SFM, Brown Sugar, JJF, IORR, SMU and GS.
He was on fire in Amsterdam. Awesome show far better than the previous one Barcelona.

Wow powerage are you saying Keith was better in decades on all these songs, or Mick ?? or both of them ?

This would be an almost super human improvement in light on the Happy you posted from Tokyo . Damn this is impresive, unbelievable.

Date: October 1, 2017 12:51

Awesome.

Date: October 1, 2017 12:56

powerage78
Awesome.

OMG this is amazing, i'm going to get an extra ticket for a second Paris show now, see you there smileys with beer

Date: October 1, 2017 13:08

smoking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 1, 2017 16:53

Keith was on fire in Amsterdam.
Best show since 1994.
Awesome.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 1, 2017 17:48

powerage78

Haha, yeah right.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 1, 2017 17:50

Redhotcarpet
powerage78

Haha, yeah right.

He's being sarcastic, powerage was very critical of both Keith and Ronnie last year.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home