Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 40
Re: Hamburg Germany 09-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 11, 2017 21:30

>The makeup enhances it.<

We are not talking rouge here to give Ronnie cheek bones lol.

If that was the case it's not working on Keith.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 11, 2017 21:38

stone4ever
Hairball
MonkeyMan2000
And then his relationship with Mick: From where I was standing I don't think I saw them make contact one time during the whole concert, not even during Out Of Control or Midnight Rambler. Keith even said before his set: "I'm not going to screw you up with bad German", referring to Mick's joking. May the reason be Mick's solo singles?

I was hoping this tour would heal the wounds of the band "hitting the wall" and Mick going off with his solo singles, etc., but evidently there's some bad blood between Keith and Mick that still carries over.
Maybe after a few more shows, or by the end of the mini-tour, things might get better between them and they'll be able to laugh it off. Time heals all wounds, and maybe/hopefully they'll go back to the studio determined and focused when this is all over. Then again, after being tied together for the tour for the next few weeks, they might not want to see each other for quite awhile...

Do you think Mick and Keith spend much time together on tour ??
Not a chance, half an hour ( not talking ) at sound check and that's it.
Separate cars, rooms etc, maybe a bit of time talking on their jet but not necessarily. I find it upsetting that these two men, friends from the sand pit cant even make eye contact once throughout a 2.5 hour show.
It must make a horrible atmosphere for the rest of the band, worrying about what camp to be in. Oh will Mick not like it if i talk to Keith kind of thing and visa versa.
Why can't they grow up and man up, either say its over or try to be more forgiving towards each other. Its so obvious Mick does this for the money.
Don't expect an album guys, LB was right, i can't see it now.
Maybe Mick will finish it when Keith checks out.

Sorry to hear about the Start Me Up VIP package rip off Frankotero. That sucks.

Of course I don't think they spend any time on tour together- they've pretty much loathed each other for decades now. I just thought that since they're so old now, they might let bygone's be bygones...but evidently not.
I agree it must make a horrible atmosphere for the rest of the band, but there's still some hope, and while that might be unrealistic, no point in being completely negative about it all.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 11, 2017 21:39

Lrix- forgot to mention the stage layout. Yes, I'm also burnt up over that. The schematic shows a square directly in front of the stage that holds 400 people. Instead we got it split in half with a catwalk with approximately 400 on each side. Anyhow that's not what I paid my hard earned money for. Every tour I try to do in the most special way possible. This time it bit me in the ass and very hard I might add.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 11, 2017 21:55

frankotero
Lrix- forgot to mention the stage layout. Yes, I'm also burnt up over that. The schematic shows a square directly in front of the stage that holds 400 people. Instead we got it split in half with a catwalk with approximately 400 on each side. Anyhow that's not what I paid my hard earned money for. Every tour I try to do in the most special way possible. This time it bit me in the ass and very hard I might add.

I see. Was the pit full, or could you step back and see very well? Was there a special entrance for the pit, or do you line up with everyone else?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: September 11, 2017 21:56

So far listened to 6 or 7 songs from Hamburg, and it was really good (remember it is the nervous tour opener)

Looking forward to all the shows. Going to three shows myself.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 11, 2017 21:57

DandelionPowderman
<- Someone needs to tell him he is the weak link at the moment ? >

His solos are right there in our faces. Loud and clear - hit and miss. No doubt about that.

However, the guitar solos is a VERY small part of a Rolling Stones-show, as well as a microscopical part of what Keith contributes to that show.

Do you think Keith is «the weak link» on UMT (I liked his solo there, btw)? SFM? PWF? Dancing With Mr. D? Slipping Away? GS?

It's easy to forget that a show consists of 22 songs, and loads of guitar work that is not guitar solos.

Despite guitar solos being a small part of a Stones-show, it must be said that the solo in Sympathy is no rocket science or Mozart or Bach, and explanations like "not being warmed up properly" because it was the opening song aside (I mean, backstage there's a setup that allows Keith to warm up his fingers for hourse if he feels he needs to), his Sympathy-soloing sounded not up to par for years now, no matter what position in the set.

But what bugs me more is that the interplay between Ronnie and Keith has sounded increasingly disjointed over the years, it's as if they don't listen to each other anymore, name it call and response, name it weaving, whatever - it's gone to a certain degree. It's as if they both do their own thing in a vacuum, isolated, not "together". I must admit it's more apparent when you listen to the recordings, not so much at the actual show. Speaking of Hamburg, I was there and I could listen to the excellent recording afterwards.

Date: September 11, 2017 21:57

frankotero
Lrix- I don't have a picture of the VIP merchandise, I can take pictures if needed. It comes in a red and very cheap gym bag. Inside there is an "exclusive" poster, it's all the country flags inside the new tongue design as we've seen since VL. Then there's a red wallet for credit cards, presumably for women. Also in the same color there's a matching key chain. The book is covered in plastic and I was expecting a "book". Nope, it's a notebook with a hard cover, how lovely! The VIP pass is as lame as you can imagine, but it has a lanyard to make it special? And that's the contents of what I like to call the 475 euro bag of crap. I base that on the price of 799 euro ticket for the No Filter Pit Ticket available after they realized there's too few stupid fans like me. If I saw this nonsense at the merchandise stand for 100 I wouldn't buy it. By the way how about the entrance for handicapped and lucky dip ticket holders. That meant my sorry ass could get in the extra long line with everyone else. Wonderful VIP experience! Feeling very sour over this, but who cares. They got their money. Yahoo!

You mean that the VIP Pit package for Hamburg was 1275 Euro? That's much more expensive than Paris.

Date: September 11, 2017 22:00

Rik
angee
On getting in, did anyone have the early entry package(s), and if so, what time did they open that gate?

What time did they first let most people in?
Yes, curious about that too!

Yes, I am curious as well. Anyone?

I suspect it's hard to get questions noticed because they get lost in all of negative posts by people who didn't like the youtube videos.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 11, 2017 22:03

Irix
Rik

Does anyone know who played the accoustic guitar in Satisfaction?

Was there an acoustic guitar?

[www.YouTube.com]

Sounds like it.

Nice JANK at 43 seconds, Keith! I like the pace. More funky.

Date: September 11, 2017 22:05

GasLightStreet
Irix
Rik

Does anyone know who played the accoustic guitar in Satisfaction?

Was there an acoustic guitar?

[www.YouTube.com]

Sounds like it.

Nice JANK at 43 seconds, Keith! I like the pace. More funky.

Matt, I suspect, on keys..

Date: September 11, 2017 22:10

Yeah... Keith's SFTD solo is a bit rough.

3:15
[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 11, 2017 22:12

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
<- Someone needs to tell him he is the weak link at the moment ? >

His solos are right there in our faces. Loud and clear - hit and miss. No doubt about that.

However, the guitar solos is a VERY small part of a Rolling Stones-show, as well as a microscopical part of what Keith contributes to that show.

Do you think Keith is «the weak link» on UMT (I liked his solo there, btw)? SFM? PWF? Dancing With Mr. D? Slipping Away? GS?

It's easy to forget that a show consists of 22 songs, and loads of guitar work that is not guitar solos.

Despite guitar solos being a small part of a Stones-show, it must be said that the solo in Sympathy is no rocket science or Mozart or Bach, and explanations like "not being warmed up properly" because it was the opening song aside (I mean, backstage there's a setup that allows Keith to warm up his fingers for hourse if he feels he needs to), his Sympathy-soloing sounded not up to par for years now, no matter what position in the set.

But what bugs me more is that the interplay between Ronnie and Keith has sounded increasingly disjointed over the years, it's as if they don't listen to each other anymore, name it call and response, name it weaving, whatever - it's gone to a certain degree. It's as if they both do their own thing in a vacuum, isolated, not "together". I must admit it's more apparent when you listen to the recordings, not so much at the actual show. Speaking of Hamburg, I was there and I could listen to the excellent recording afterwards.

That's interesting because i see it opposite.
When people used to talk of their weaving in the 90's i saw little evidence of it, Ronnie used to hold back so much it drove me crazy lol. He had too much respect for Keith or he was just plain intimidated by Keith.
But increasingly since Ronnie got sober i see much more weaving and commitment from him, its a joy to see Ronnie and Keith playing now, especially when they are both on their game.

Date: September 11, 2017 22:16

Under My Thumb sounds better than the BANG tour performance.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 11, 2017 22:29

Getting back to what we were talking about earlier with fans noticing that there was no interaction between Mick and Keith in Hamburg.
Does anyone find it hard to imagine being in the same band and playing together as they do and not liking each other. If i was 74 years old playing guitar in a band, and the singer ignored me all night, or visa versa, i would hate it.

I would say stuff it, i don't want to sing with you or play for you.

Just wondered if any of you musicians on iorr have been in a similar position and if so, how long did you last in that band.

All i can say is that underneath all the not looking at each other and sulking, Mick and Keith must have a love or respect that runs deeper than what's seen on the surface.
Its almost as if they get along not getting along.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 22:29

My good friend riffhards made me promise not to judge live performances based on the quality of cellphone video and so I won't.

I suspect my feelings about the show would have been reasonably similar to those of Mr Dean Goodman halfway down in the Reports section ... but how can I be sure since I wasn't there.

I do wonder why all the cellphones at the Hamburg show were recording things at about 3/4 speed; that seems a bit odd. Maybe some blocking thing to prevent streaming/broadcasting?

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 22:31

what stupid comments, what he should do ? he playing for more than 2 hours without brake. what he should do? leave stage for a brake? f1 drivers ,football players and more piss in their pants. maybe people in the audience piss in the pants because they dont want to leave their place in a massive crowd.who knows

Date: September 11, 2017 22:33

stone4ever
Getting back to what we were talking about earlier with fans noticing that there was no interaction between Mick and Keith in Hamburg.
Does anyone find it hard to imagine being in the same band and playing together as they do and not liking each other. If i was 74 years old playing guitar in a band, and the singer ignored me all night, or visa versa, i would hate it.

I would say stuff it, i don't want to sing with you or play for you.

Just wondered if any of you musicians on iorr have been in a similar position and if so, how long did you last in that band.

All i can say is that underneath all the not looking at each other and sulking, Mick and Keith must have a love or respect that runs deeper than what's seen on the surface.
Its almost as if they get along not getting along.

There was interaction.

Date: September 11, 2017 22:35

LongBeachArena72
My good friend riffhards made me promise not to judge live performances based on the quality of cellphone video and so I won't.

I suspect my feelings about the show would have been reasonably similar to those of Mr Dean Goodman halfway down in the Reports section ... but how can I be sure since I wasn't there.

I do wonder why all the cellphones at the Hamburg show were recording things at about 3/4 speed; that seems a bit odd. Maybe some blocking thing to prevent streaming/broadcasting?

That 3/4 speed is the same speed the songs we love so dearly have on their respective albums.

Maybe you're a bit trigger-happy with that 45 button on your turntable, LongBeach?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 22:38

DP you are a tireless Stones lawyer.
Like me for an another rock band...smoking smiley
I respect and I admire that.
Passion.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-11 22:40 by powerage78.

Date: September 11, 2017 22:38

>There was interaction<.

You see that's the whole problem when people like me comment on the youtube clips.
We don't see the whole show, we don't see the close ups, the little interactions between songs .
I apologize for saying there was no interaction, how should i know.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 22:51

Sorry, but I didn't see any interaction and I was at the show too. I'm happy to be proven wrong of course as I don't want to spread any lies. But it seemed to me that Keith was ignoring Mick and not the other way around. Something seemed to fret him. He was smiling and moving around much more when I saw them in Vegas last year. I'm just a bit concerned, but let's see what happens tomorrow.

Date: September 11, 2017 22:58

>I do wonder why all the cellphones at the Hamburg show were recording things at about 3/4 speed; that seems a bit odd. Maybe some blocking thing to prevent streaming/broadcasting?<

So going by your calculations LB that the show was played 25% slower, that means the show was actually 25% shorter than first thought.
So that in fact makes the show only 2 hours long. This is normal running time for the Stones. Damn confused smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 11, 2017 22:59

MonkeyMan2000
Sorry, but I didn't see any interaction and I was at the show too. I'm happy to be proven wrong of course as I don't want to spread any lies. But it seemed to me that Keith was ignoring Mick and not the other way around. Something seemed to fret him. He was smiling and moving around much more when I saw them in Vegas last year. I'm just a bit concerned, but let's see what happens tomorrow.

I was in the no filter pit and thus close enough to confirm that there was NO interaction between Jagger and Richards (beside the music, of course). Let's face the fact: Their relationship is more buisiness-like than friendship-like

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 11, 2017 23:00

drbryant- yes I paid 1275 euros for this package. After the difficulty getting in I was faced with another obstacle. There was another checkpoint around the seating area to get to the silver pit and no filter pit. This was full of people blocking us from getting there. I'm thankful that I made it through, how many didn't get by I wonder. The organization was totally off, a rarity for Germany. Seems like they re-learned how to do concerts on this this night. Hope Paris and all other gigs will go well for everyone.

Date: September 11, 2017 23:03

MonkeyMan2000

We were talking earlier about how stubborn Keith can be.
Perhaps Mick made the mistake of saying to Keith just before they go on stage '' now come on Keith don't mess up the solo on Sympathy and for Gods sake can you move a bit more on stage please. Oh and can you keep eye contact with me so i can see when you wan't me to sing . ''

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-11 23:39 by stone4ever.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: September 11, 2017 23:04

Ride 'Em On Down is great enough here to put on as a b-side for a No Filter cd-single.

Love to hold the music in my hands.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 23:09

stone4ever
MonkeyMan2000

Perhaps Mick made the mistake of saying to Keith just before they go on stage '' now come on Keith don't mess up the solo on Sympathy and for Gods sake can you move a bit more on stage please''

"Keith, I swear, if you play the solo in the wrong key again!" Keith goes out and starts the solo in E#, just to piss Mick off. >grinning smiley<

Date: September 11, 2017 23:12

MonkeyMan2000
stone4ever
MonkeyMan2000

Perhaps Mick made the mistake of saying to Keith just before they go on stage '' now come on Keith don't mess up the solo on Sympathy and for Gods sake can you move a bit more on stage please''

"Keith, I swear, if you play the solo in the wrong key again!" Keith goes out and starts the solo in E#, just to piss Mick off. >grinning smiley<

Hehe i think at Hyde Park 2013' when the cameras were recording the show and Keith messed up SMU.
They had another chance to record it from the second night, and Keith messes it up again lol.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 11, 2017 23:13

MonkeyMan2000
stone4ever
MonkeyMan2000

E# ???

You mean F then ???

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 11, 2017 23:18

Let's face it -- they have very little relationship, personal or working. They only communicate through intermediaries. There are no accounts or pictures of the together when they are not playing or rehearsing; I doubt they even spend joint time in the studio anymore.
Be very interesting to get Mick on a truth serum and find out what he's thinking.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home