Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 26 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 26, 2018 18:28

keefriffhard4life
ok then, what team was up against the Vikings with 30 seconds left this year and lost? what team lost to the 7-9 seahawks a few years ago? that's a choke.

That's not a choke, losing to the Vikings with 10 seconds left because a dude caught a last play pass. That's called losing.

What team lost to a 7-9 Seahawks? One that had hardly any of its starters playing due to injury. That's not a choke.

Your idea of what a choke is is biased in some bizarre way.

keefriffhard4life
bountygate was real btw. I personally know 2 former redskins players who played defense under gegg Williams and they can verify it was a real thing going on in the nfl and Williams was one of the coaches who did it.

also how was it never proven? Gregg Williams admitted he did

The two former Redskins players you know that played under Greg Williams didn't, I take it, play for the Saints. Williams is an exaggerator. He was essentially under surveillance that season with the Saints - by the team. Just because someone "admits" something doesn't mean it's true or that they did it.

But what is true is the bounty scandal was just that, a scandal invented by the NFL, a group of people lead by an egotistical turtle that can't even hire competent people to do interviews, and there were no proven bounties.

NFLPA head: Saints bounty program 'never existed'

NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith disagreed with the NFL's ruling on the Saints bounty case Tuesday.

The day after former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue vacated the suspensions of the four players penalized in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal, focusing much of the guilt on the team's coaches and officials, NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith went on national television and claimed there is no evidence the bounty program ever existed.

BELL: Bounty ruling proves Goodell was sloppy

CONTAMINATED CASE: Tagliabue vacates suspensions

Via CBS This Morning:

"Having seen nearly 50,000 pages of evidence and nearly 20 hours of testimony, I know that there was no bounty put on players by Saints players," Smith told the show. "I'm disappointed in the National Football League and certainly in the way they conducted an investigation because I now know having read and seen all of the testimony that there was certainly no evidence that the bounties existed and frankly, I was a prosecutor in (Washington, D.C.) for 10 years. I understand how to do investigations. And the investigation that the league did was sloppy, the investigation that they did was more outcome-focused than frankly process-focused."

[www.usatoday.com]

Date: January 26, 2018 18:31

keefriffhard4life
mr_dja
I'm not going to say one way or another that the Saints had a bounty system in place or not. Too much he said - she said is offered as supposed "proof" to convince me one way or another.

That being said, according to this LA Times article, IF the Saints WERE running a bounty program for injuries caused, it was horribly ineffective. Summary: Despite the media outcry, an independent study speculated that Saints' players may have pretended to participate off the field but not put the tactics into action on the field. "If the Saints tended to injure more players, then teams that played them would tend to list more injuries the following week. To test whether the Saints injured more players than a typical team, one need only compare the number of players added to injury reports after a Saints game to the league-wide average. Did the New Orleans Saints injure more players? The data-driven answer is a resounding "no." The Saints appear to have injured far fewer players over the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons. The numbers are striking."

Peace,
Mr DJA

well the saints defensive coordinator said they did so thats enough he said for me

So, basically, you just stated that you're gullible to finding things that fit a narrative you agree with. You don't care about facts.

I need not say more.

Date: January 26, 2018 18:36

Leonioid
If the Aints did not obviously pay bounties on injuring players, they at least told players to injure players... and it is mystifying to see someone say it is fictitious.

Because no coach - ever - has said something like "Go out there and KILL THEM!" and on and on.

Leonioid
Even without all of the fines and suspensions... anybody (who has a brain and does not lie to themself) who watched that playoff game where the cheatingass dirty hitting Aints were trying anything to injure Favre KNOWS bounty gate is real.

That's pure speculation on your part because what team has not ever gone after the QB in playoff games? Trying anything to injure? Injury is part of the game. Stick to facts, not speculation.

Leonioid
I never saw anything like (before or since) the cheating dirty hits against Favre during that game. It was sickening.

You must not watch much football.

Date: January 26, 2018 18:39

keefriffhard4life
yup they were trying to hurt favre. there were 3-4 times a flag should have flown for the hits on favre. the guy admitted they did it though. not sure why there are posts saying it never happened, there was no proof, etc. how about the proof gregg Williams admitted he did it?

As explained elsewhere, Gregg Williams was a loony. You're going by a dust bin saying it's admitting it cleaned up a nuclear leak and believing the dust bin.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: January 26, 2018 18:45

GasLightStreet
Leonioid
If the Aints did not obviously pay bounties on injuring players, they at least told players to injure players... and it is mystifying to see someone say it is fictitious.

Because no coach - ever - has said something like "Go out there and KILL THEM!" and on and on.

Leonioid
Even without all of the fines and suspensions... anybody (who has a brain and does not lie to themself) who watched that playoff game where the cheatingass dirty hitting Aints were trying anything to injure Favre KNOWS bounty gate is real.

That's pure speculation on your part because what team has not ever gone after the QB in playoff games? Trying anything to injure? Injury is part of the game. Stick to facts, not speculation.

Leonioid
I never saw anything like (before or since) the cheating dirty hits against Favre during that game. It was sickening.

Just about the exact reply I expected from you.

Date: January 26, 2018 18:47

The Aints were trying to injure,
The coaches were fined and suspended by the league...
The head coach was booted out of the league for an entire year...

Only the delusional think nothing happened.

Date: January 26, 2018 18:49

Head coach Sean Payton was suspended for the entire 2012 season—the first time in modern NFL history that a head coach has been suspended for any reason

Date: January 26, 2018 18:50

Leonioid
mr_dja
I'm not going to say one way or another that the Saints had a bounty system in place or not. Too much he said - she said is offered as supposed "proof" to convince me one way or another.

That being said, according to this LA Times article, IF the Saints WERE running a bounty program for injuries caused, it was horribly ineffective. Summary: Despite the media outcry, an independent study speculated that Saints' players may have pretended to participate off the field but not put the tactics into action on the field. "If the Saints tended to injure more players, then teams that played them would tend to list more injuries the following week. To test whether the Saints injured more players than a typical team, one need only compare the number of players added to injury reports after a Saints game to the league-wide average. Did the New Orleans Saints injure more players? The data-driven answer is a resounding "no." The Saints appear to have injured far fewer players over the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons. The numbers are striking."

Peace,
Mr DJA

I like you Mr DJA, I know this is something you found and copy pasted here, so do not take this personally, but to me what the Aints did verged on criminal and I am still pissed off to this day.

I am still pissed off and Farve was not my qb, I had no money bet on the game... and I actually liked New Orleans in that game (more for liking Brees and the town than the team). But what I saw disgusted me.

It was video game type of dirty hitting, trying to fuk a man up. Trying to injure.

There is no explaining away that the Aints were a bunch of cheating dirty hitting fks trying to injure Brett Favre in that game which I watched with my own eyes.

If you did not see the game then you can not grasp how bad it was...
if you did see the game then you know no statistical fake news bs can explain it away.

If people want those types of hits to be OK, then make that the rules.... but the league will not last long becasue players will no longer be able to walk, let alone play.

Leonioid, you're basing what you saw on assumption, most likely based on things that came out later to back it up. Dirty? There's not one game that goes by where something doesn't look dirty. Cheating? That's hilarious. Like the Packers? The Patriots? Or all the 32 teams? Trying to injure Favre? Isn't that always a possibility, injury, when going after a QB, especially in a playoff game?

I watched the game. I saw a team intent on winning. It was brutal. There are always missed calls in games so the crying by some here about missed penalties can stay stifled.

Roger Goodell was hell bent on something. Coach Payton took one, literally, for the team, partially because there was one minor thing he didn't have on his side - the NFLPA.

Gregg Williams threw himself under the bus. He was fired regardless.

Date: January 26, 2018 18:52

Leonioid
GasLightStreet
Leonioid

Leonioid

Leonioid

Just about the exact reply I expected from you.

Is the part that's not exact because I didn't call you bad dirty names!?

Date: January 26, 2018 18:59

Leonioid
The Aints were trying to injure,
The coaches were fined and suspended by the league...
The head coach was booted out of the league for an entire year...

Only the delusional think nothing happened.

Uh huh.

As stated elsewhere, the head coach had no way to do anything. He had to accept. Williams was fired... and then suspended.

Payton wasn't out for "an entire year". Neither was Williams.

Date: January 26, 2018 19:43

Bottom line- Head coach Sean Payton was suspended for the entire 2012 season—the first time in modern NFL history that a head coach has been suspended for any reason. No debate or opinions needed. The league said all that needed to be said.

Date: January 26, 2018 19:46

The league said all that needed to be said and anyone claiming otherwise is delusional, playing silly internet games or both.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-26 19:46 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 26, 2018 19:53

so this is why everyone calls them the Taints?

Date: January 26, 2018 21:56

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
ok then, what team was up against the Vikings with 30 seconds left this year and lost? what team lost to the 7-9 seahawks a few years ago? that's a choke.

That's not a choke, losing to the Vikings with 10 seconds left because a dude caught a last play pass. That's called losing.

What team lost to a 7-9 Seahawks? One that had hardly any of its starters playing due to injury. That's not a choke.

Your idea of what a choke is is biased in some bizarre way.

keefriffhard4life
bountygate was real btw. I personally know 2 former redskins players who played defense under gegg Williams and they can verify it was a real thing going on in the nfl and Williams was one of the coaches who did it.

also how was it never proven? Gregg Williams admitted he did

The two former Redskins players you know that played under Greg Williams didn't, I take it, play for the Saints. Williams is an exaggerator. He was essentially under surveillance that season with the Saints - by the team. Just because someone "admits" something doesn't mean it's true or that they did it.

But what is true is the bounty scandal was just that, a scandal invented by the NFL, a group of people lead by an egotistical turtle that can't even hire competent people to do interviews, and there were no proven bounties.

NFLPA head: Saints bounty program 'never existed'

NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith disagreed with the NFL's ruling on the Saints bounty case Tuesday.

The day after former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue vacated the suspensions of the four players penalized in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal, focusing much of the guilt on the team's coaches and officials, NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith went on national television and claimed there is no evidence the bounty program ever existed.

BELL: Bounty ruling proves Goodell was sloppy

CONTAMINATED CASE: Tagliabue vacates suspensions

Via CBS This Morning:

"Having seen nearly 50,000 pages of evidence and nearly 20 hours of testimony, I know that there was no bounty put on players by Saints players," Smith told the show. "I'm disappointed in the National Football League and certainly in the way they conducted an investigation because I now know having read and seen all of the testimony that there was certainly no evidence that the bounties existed and frankly, I was a prosecutor in (Washington, D.C.) for 10 years. I understand how to do investigations. And the investigation that the league did was sloppy, the investigation that they did was more outcome-focused than frankly process-focused."

[www.usatoday.com]

because dude caught a last second pass? lets leave out the part where the saints player choked and completely missed a tackle and then actually ran into his own player causing no one to catch the vikings WR. that was a choke. guy had an easy tackle and whiffed

Date: January 27, 2018 02:13

Natlanta

Is that as bad as the Cantlanta Falcants?

Date: January 27, 2018 02:15

Leonioid
Bottom line- Head coach Sean Payton was suspended for the entire 2012 season—the first time in modern NFL history that a head coach has been suspended for any reason. No debate or opinions needed. The league said all that needed to be said.

"The league" being Roger Goodell. Someone with no actual facts ie fake news, that had a grudge. Yep, it happened. A big reason why Goodell is HATED by so many.

Date: January 27, 2018 02:16

Leonioid
The league said all that needed to be said and anyone claiming otherwise is delusional, playing silly internet games or both.

Roger Goodell said what he said and he still is delusional and was playing silly spiteful bottomless games.

Date: January 27, 2018 02:22

keefriffhard4life
because dude caught a last second pass? lets leave out the part where the saints player choked and completely missed a tackle and then actually ran into his own player causing no one to catch the vikings WR. that was a choke. guy had an easy tackle and whiffed

He missed an easy tackle. Yes.

But that's not having a passing play instead of a running play or giving up a 28-3 lead to win the Super Bowl.

Is a kicker not making a field goal to win a choke? I could see if it's from the 1 yard line. I don't think Buffalo choked in any of its 4 SB losses. But I'm guessing you'd say they choked 4 times.

You're really stretching the idea of what a choke is to your almost on the ground leaning bias of what a choke is because... it's the Saints. You're starting to really read like an Oakland or Philly fan.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 27, 2018 03:23

GasLightStreet
Natlanta

no it’s not nearly that bad. cantlanta falcants sort of clumsily states the obvious, while Taints apparently has like triple entendres going on.

i mean New Orleans sort of smells like taint, right?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 27, 2018 04:24

Hard to call this a "choke" or simply a "missed tackle" when it looks so convincingly like Williams' was intentionally getting out of the way of Diggs.

Saints vs. Vikings

Here's the official video -
"I'm not really sure what he's thinking - he comes in and he he's got him dialed in...
and just all he's gotta do is make a play...and even if he catches it you tackle him in bounds the game is over"

GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN

WTF?!!! Lol...bogus.

Date: January 27, 2018 18:01

Natlanta
GasLightStreet
Natlanta

no it’s not nearly that bad. cantlanta falcants sort of clumsily states the obvious, while Taints apparently has like triple entendres going on.

i mean New Orleans sort of smells like taint, right?

I'm sure you can find some people who can say that. Through all the years of living there and visiting there now that I don't live in the city, the most common smell is that of, go figure, hurricane vomit, with horse shit and spilt beer stench. So I wouldn't describe that as... what you said.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 28, 2018 19:56

keefriff99
Maindefender
I must say 98.5 Boston sports talk are such blow hards, they are so full of crap. And I'm a Masshole...lol. I miss Mike Francesa so much, not everyone's cup of coffee but he was good.....
Francesa could be a real prick but he's a great listen...a real NYC institution. I've been listening to him since the early '90s. I miss Chris "the Mad Dog" Russo too. I know he's on Sirius and he's guested with Mike a few times recently, but it'd be great if they teamed up again in some capacity.

Eh ... Francesa is a blowhard. Definitely worthwhile talk show host, he does keep you listening, but he's given too much credit as a great interviewer. If you paid attention enough, you could tell he was out to prove his knowledge more than he cared about interviewing

Examples (improvising example from memory) ... instead of just asking a quick question and letting the coach expand, he would put the answer in the coaches mouth, all while interjecting his 'vast' knowledge: "... I would think, since they tend to play 3 men on the line and leave the left side weak, that is why you looked like you were faking right to draw the defense further right, and pitching to McCoy to the left to take advantage of the weak-side defense, that worked really well, is that why you were running that play? ...."

Another improvised example, but just his way of wording questions ... "a big disadvantage of the 2-3 zone is that you can exploit the defense by bringing your center to the foul line and have your forwards cut the lane while your guards spread out in the 3 point range, but I notice you brought your big men up high in the 2-3, and they have huge wingspans that make it difficult to make that entry pass to the foul line, and furthermore they can stretch their arms so long that it makes it difficult for their 3 point shooters to get a good look, is that your reasoning of why you did that?"

A friend pointed this out to me years ago, and ever since I started to pay attention to it and sure enough, he asked almost every question that way. That being said, it was still entertaining, and he always did get the great athletes/coaches on to interview.

Still, we know he was a 'know it all' ... he did have great knowledge but it was pretty annoying how he always felt the need to prove it.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 28, 2018 23:03

LeonidP
keefriff99
Maindefender
I must say 98.5 Boston sports talk are such blow hards, they are so full of crap. And I'm a Masshole...lol. I miss Mike Francesa so much, not everyone's cup of coffee but he was good.....
Francesa could be a real prick but he's a great listen...a real NYC institution. I've been listening to him since the early '90s. I miss Chris "the Mad Dog" Russo too. I know he's on Sirius and he's guested with Mike a few times recently, but it'd be great if they teamed up again in some capacity.

Eh ... Francesa is a blowhard. Definitely worthwhile talk show host, he does keep you listening, but he's given too much credit as a great interviewer. If you paid attention enough, you could tell he was out to prove his knowledge more than he cared about interviewing

Examples (improvising example from memory) ... instead of just asking a quick question and letting the coach expand, he would put the answer in the coaches mouth, all while interjecting his 'vast' knowledge: "... I would think, since they tend to play 3 men on the line and leave the left side weak, that is why you looked like you were faking right to draw the defense further right, and pitching to McCoy to the left to take advantage of the weak-side defense, that worked really well, is that why you were running that play? ...."

Another improvised example, but just his way of wording questions ... "a big disadvantage of the 2-3 zone is that you can exploit the defense by bringing your center to the foul line and have your forwards cut the lane while your guards spread out in the 3 point range, but I notice you brought your big men up high in the 2-3, and they have huge wingspans that make it difficult to make that entry pass to the foul line, and furthermore they can stretch their arms so long that it makes it difficult for their 3 point shooters to get a good look, is that your reasoning of why you did that?"

A friend pointed this out to me years ago, and ever since I started to pay attention to it and sure enough, he asked almost every question that way. That being said, it was still entertaining, and he always did get the great athletes/coaches on to interview.

Still, we know he was a 'know it all' ... he did have great knowledge but it was pretty annoying how he always felt the need to prove it.
He's completely insufferable and rude to callers (hence why I called him a prick), but I still got a kick out of listening to him just because he was so blatantly arrogant and obnoxious towards everyone, plus at the end of the day, he's simply damn good at what he does.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 28, 2018 23:07

keefriff99
LeonidP
keefriff99
Maindefender

He's completely insufferable and rude to callers (hence why I called him a prick), but I still got a kick out of listening to him just because he was so blatantly arrogant and obnoxious towards everyone, plus at the end of the day, he's simply damn good at what he does.

He didn't care what others thought, and he was loved in NY(his market). Still better than the three headed whatever that took his place....

Date: January 29, 2018 01:07

Hairball
Hard to call this a "choke" or simply a "missed tackle" when it looks so convincingly like Williams' was intentionally getting out of the way of Diggs.

Saints vs. Vikings

"I'm not really sure what he's thinking - he comes in and he he's got him dialed in...
and just all he's gotta do is make a play...and even if he catches it you tackle him in bounds the game is over"

GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN

WTF?!!! Lol...bogus.

got in the players head to tackle in bounds and screwed up

Date: January 29, 2018 05:07

keefriff99
LeonidP
keefriff99
Maindefender

yes, that too! I always notice that if a 'nobody' in his mind (i.e. a caller) ever tried to say something funny or tell a joke, he would impatiently/abruptly end it with no laugh and say "Okay enough, what did you call to discuss"

But if it was someone of note or stature, such as John Calipari or Governor Christie, he would laugh unbelievably hard at the slightest jest, even unfunny ones.

** edit ... btw, I barely listened to Francesa anymore, not much over the past few years. I much prefer Boomer/Carton in the morning ... Carton is gone now, which doesn't bother me too much, as Boomer is my favorite!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-29 05:14 by LeonidP.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 29, 2018 09:03

LeonidP
keefriff99
LeonidP
keefriff99
Maindefender

yes, that too! I always notice that if a 'nobody' in his mind (i.e. a caller) ever tried to say something funny or tell a joke, he would impatiently/abruptly end it with no laugh and say "Okay enough, what did you call to discuss"

But if it was someone of note or stature, such as John Calipari or Governor Christie, he would laugh unbelievably hard at the slightest jest, even unfunny ones.

** edit ... btw, I barely listened to Francesa anymore, not much over the past few years. I much prefer Boomer/Carton in the morning ... Carton is gone now, which doesn't bother me too much, as Boomer is my favorite!

Francesa left the FAN in December in style. On Thursday he received nothing but calls from guests over the years and Friday totally listeners. I live in North Central MA and much preferred him over the two Boston blowhard outlets. The last year he was much less vitriol. Yeah I catch Boomer a little in the morning he's good.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 29, 2018 10:04

keefriffhard4life
Hairball

Saints vs. Vikings

GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN

WTF?!!! Lol...bogus.

got in the players head to tackle in bounds and screwed up

But Williams took out Crawley just fine...oh, wait.....

Rod

Date: January 29, 2018 18:40

Maindefender
Francesa left the FAN in December in style. On Thursday he received nothing but calls from guests over the years and Friday totally listeners. I live in North Central MA and much preferred him over the two Boston blowhard outlets. The last year he was much less vitriol. Yeah I catch Boomer a little in the morning he's good.

Boomer is a big fan of Mets & Knicks, like myself, and although he claims that he is unbiased and has no football favorite, deep down, from his childhood, he is a Jets fan, also like me! And of course, he was a great quarterback too!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 30, 2018 07:57

Speaking of Boston blowhards, some dumbshit named Alex Reimer on WEEI called Tom Brady's 5 year old daughter an "annoying little pissant" because she dared to talk about playing soccer on Tom's new Facebook documentary, "Tom vs. Time" (I watched the first two episodes, btw...very interesting).

Anyway, this idiot says this on air while Brady is contracted to call in to “Kirk & Callahan" on WEEI every Monday morning. Needless to say, Brady called in this morning, expressed his disappointment, and cut the interview off. Reimer wasn't on the air at the time, but the other hosts apologized and did their best to try to smooth things over.

Brady said he hopes that Reimer doesn't get fired (he's indefinitely suspended now), and normally I'd say this isn't a fireable offense, but in THIS case, I'd fire him simply for gross stupidity. Your employer has a weekly interview contract with a man who 99% of your audience thinks is God on Earth, and you disparage his 5 year old daughter of all people??

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 26 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home